Tinhorn Flats Saloon and Grill
1724 N. Highland Avenue
Hollywood, CA 90028Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Tinhorn Flats Saloon and Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tinhornflatshollywood.com/
- Phone: 3234622210x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch & Dinner
Monday - Friday 11:00 am to 2 am
Saturday - Sunday 9:00 am to 2 am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
A word from Tinhorn Flats Saloon and Grill
Tinhorn Flats is perfect for everyone from local HollywoodContinued
residents to destination diners looking for an effortlessly upbeat
evening of fun, food and libations.
residents to destination diners looking for an effortlessly upbeat
evening of fun, food and libations.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tinhorn Flats Saloon and Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
18 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (8)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (5)great for lunch (4)vibrant bar scene (4)special occasion (3)fit for foodies (2)great for brunch (2)hot spot (2)neighborhood gem (2)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (1)romantic (1)Show More
- horrible serviceTinHornNotsDined on 10/25/2014This WAS our restaurant of choice, normally they are very good and can handle the big crowds. But this time they were HORRIBLE! Although, we were advised that a reservation is preferred and it helps with the wait time. So we had a reservation and we waited an hour and 25 minutes for food but the worse part is our server was rude, and so overwhelmed that with in that hour and a half we only had 2 drinks because she NEVER checked on our table. The worse part in the table right next to us got their food and drinks so much faster because they were complaining and making comments about the wait. Last thing when I asked for the manager....she was so RUDE and made excuses for the waitress. Overall, I don't think I'd ever go back.
- poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/25/2014Out server told us from the start the food would take an hour or more to get out to us and our drinks would take a long time too. She said the reasoning was 4 groups all had the same reservation time. She also said she would do her best to get us water. We ended up sending someone in our group up to the bar twice to get us drinks. That is pathetic we could get them faster than her. Most the food was cold by the time it got to us. We planned on being there two hours before our concert, thank gooddness I planed that much time or we would have missed more than the opening act.Special Features:
- Amazinghyeluv206Dined on 9/14/2014Tin Horn Flats is amazing in every sense of the word!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big, Bang, Boom!MicheleDined on 8/30/2014Oh my! What an interesting experience: watching UFC battles while eating dinner (neither my choices). Steak special on Saturday night was good, sides not memorial. Very noisy place. Dirty bathroom. And they didn't check me into OpenTable so no points. Bad form.
- Bowl-fulDiGugDined on 8/30/2014Tinhorn Flats is the perfect place to stop and eat prior to the attending the Hollywood Bowl. It has a festive atmosphere with good food. Normally we'd bring a picnic to chow down in the park with some friends. But this time we treated ourselves to the Flats and we'll stop there again.Special Features:
- The following 24 reviews are from the Tinhorn Flats Saloon and Grill reviews archive.
- Anniversary dinnerZenmasterDined on 6/21/2014My wife and I were celebrating our 17th wedding anniversary and were looking for somewhere to have dinner. We had just gotten back from a 2 day trip to Big Bear Lake and we were a little tired so we wanted to find somewhere nearby. I looked on Yelp for suggestions and we decided on trying Tinhorn Flats Saloon after looking at the menu on the official site. We couldn't have picked a better place. Very warm and friendly service and the food was delicious!! I was in the mood for a margarita and it didn't disappoint, my wife ordered a Guinness and it was perfectly poured- she's from Ireland so it makes a big difference to an Irish girl. Our desert was complimentary because it we were celebrating and it too was delicious. A very good experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place in Hollywood.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/16/2014Great new place in Hollywood off of the boulevard. Very reasonable prices with different specials each day. Great for pre-Hollywood Bowl dinner since it's within walking distance. Food and appetizers were very good and service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 50/50BrawnyDined on 6/8/2014Frequent Hollywood Bowl goers, first meal at Tinhorns was casual and great. Second time we all ordered a bit more upscale and half our meals were so, so. We'll try again ... maybe.Special Features:
- Go Kings GoOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/4/2014We watched the Kings game here. The happy hour deals are good.. TVs okay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow service.debzDined on 5/31/2014It was our first visit there. We were a group of 4 so nothing extremely difficult there. The downside: food service was extremely slow once our order was taken. If we did not allow extra time before our event, we would have had to walk out. Upside: half price appetizers before 7pm and a ribeye steak special that was surprisingly tasty and tender.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a fanMissAudreyVIPDined on 5/16/2014Food wasn't all that great. Bar food is already whatever, and eating it here isn't good either. I'm sure our boss wanted to take us girls here because there was happy hour....since he was paying. We were given a cup of water that tastes like a bloody mary....then while the waitress was taking our order...she accidentally spit in my glass of water and had to change that one too. I'm not impress with this place. Hard to find parking. Everything is inconvenient.
- Real food in the heart of HollywoodYounkinVIPDined on 4/25/2014Don't miss this easy going, casual restaurant in Hollywood. So far we've only tried the burgers, fish fry and chicken sandwich, but all of them have been perfectly cooked and delicious. The prices are very reasonable, more like what you'd expect in the suburbs. The service was top notch. We'll definitely be back.
- Simply Bar FoodAdSmithVIPDined on 4/11/2014Nice ambiance but the food is just fried and gross. Felt awful after I ate there, not because the food went bad, but the choices I made weren't good. Not a lot of healthy choices. Just not a place for me, but if you want bar food, this place is great.Special Features:
- Great place for casual lunch or dinkathyVIPDined on 4/1/2014I went here for lunch. I ordered the BBQ pork ribs which were chewy and tough, like they have been microwaved to warm them up. French fries were not crisp. Red velet cake was good but a little dry. Overall the food was good but the textures could use improvement. Nice atmosphere.Special Features:
- Went back twice in one week!PLORDDined on 3/18/2014Wayne was our waiter when we dined on Tuesday. I returned on Friday and he greeted us and thanked us for coming back. The pork chop was great and the prices are really good as well. You can eat lunch for under ten dollars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Affordable dining in HollywoodkariotakiDined on 3/14/2014We were looking for something fairly reasonable and low-key after getting out of a show at the Dolby Theatre. I pulled up my opentable app and voila! Tinhorn Flats was available for a quick reservation. Thankfully, the dining area was in a sunken area away from the bar. The usual Friday night crowd was there and they were loud but not obnoxious. The food was average, not super, but satisfied our hunger.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great bar scenetreatmasterVIPDined on 2/7/2014We went for dinner at 6pm, after work, and they had great happy hour specials. Both discounted drinks and bites, the food is what you would expect....bar food that tastes good. Not an outstanding food experience, but the lively bar scene and great location made it a great spot to go to happy hour after work or have drinks and bar food. I would go back and as a matter of fact sent some out of town guests there before I ever went and they loved the scene!Special Features:
- QUIET ON A SATURDAY NIGHTSusieDined on 1/25/2014It was surprising to wander into this restaurant at 7pm Saturday night...and see it so empty. I guess it isn't tourist heavy because it isn't in the monolith that is H'wood & H'land! The greeter was very nice and the waitress was awesome...sweet and friendly and helpful. The vodka/mint/cucumber drink was delicious. The chips from the chips and guac tasted like cardboard...spend a little more to buy better chips! The ribeye was okay... not seasoned and fairly flat in flavor, but not fatty, and cooked just right. The salt, mashed potatoes and spinach helped with the flavor. The burger was okay but nothing special. Dessert menu limited, so we skipped it. We came here because of a Living Social deal. We won't be back.
- Food tastyOKexperienceVIPDined on 1/17/2014Very thin rib eye. But tasty. Good drinks. Fun atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Bad Service!Good Food!mo9287Dined on 11/1/2013I received very bad service, my waiter was slightly rude to a friend of mine, I would agree that my friend did create a mess, but customer is always right. Server said 'have/show some respect when you come to my restaurant'. Regardless of how reckless a customer is, I have never heard such words. I was in a good mood and didn't say anything, neither did my friend. But we were quite embarrassed and left soon. Planned on ordering more drinks and did not. But food was good for Happy Hour prices. 7 dollars for fish and chips on a Friday night.Special Features:
- Not prepared for Large Sat. CrowdMistyDined on 10/19/2013Not prepared for the Saturday night crowd. Our poor waiter and the bartender did not have the back-up they needed. Food came out sporadically and some of our party's food when it did come was ice cold. Management should check the Hollywood Bowl calendar to make sure it has sufficient staff on hand.
- Not a fanEWWWWWWDined on 10/12/2013I was reminded of TGIF or Chilli's and was not impressed with their watered down cocktails at all.... Onion rings were surprisingly good as well as the chicken quesadilla but how do mess that up?Special Features:
- Lousy calamariPointhoarderVIPDined on 10/6/2013Okay bar food but that is about it. The calamari was down right awful and was recommended by the waiter. Not a place I would be in a hurry to eat at again.
- MehFoodieDined on 10/5/2013I was hoping this location would be as great with food as the one in Burbank, but the food was only okay, it wasn't what I was hoping for. We went during lunch time and the beer we ordered was room temperature (boo), but they did have our soccer channel up, which was very nice. There weren't very many people, but I'm sure the place must get very busy. I might give it another chance later on.Special Features:
- Surprised It's Stil In BusinessMistyDined on 10/2/2013First we were seated at an awful table, right at the entrance, when the place was practically empty. Our food took at least 35 minutes to reach us, again when the place was practically empty, and we only ordered sandwiches!! How long does it take to slap some turkey and lettuce on bread?
- Service was AWESOMEOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/21/2013We had the server who was GREAT - Kristin. She made some great recommendations and was patient with us as we waited for the rest of our party to arrive. Too bad I live too far away...people like Kristin and the food would make me come back any time I am in the neighborhood! Cheers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second ChanceTechNeighborDined on 9/12/2013I like the look, feel & overall sports bar atmosphere. I plan to return because the menu has wonderful selections I'd like to try. However, I would never order the Salmon Club again. It wasn't very good at all -- dry & tasteless. I ended up taking the salmon off the bread & eating the club as a BLT. My co-workers enjoyed the fish & chips & I heard the steaks are very good. While the staff was friendly once I approached them, we were there 15 minutes & no one approached us which I found very odd since it wasn't very busy @ 1:30P. Also our waiter (again, very friendly) did not check on our table or even come with our check until I approached him. I still plan to bring my husband back for a Bears game because I think it's his type of place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing special herejcd1Dined on 6/25/2013There are PLENTY of other places to go to in L.A. if you want a better overall experience. The menu options are limited, the portions just ok and the food preparation fair. The first entree I selected was no longer available and when we tried to order desert they did not have 2 of the 4 items listed on the menu.
- Best midnight steak EVERjuliaDined on 6/8/2013I have lived in Los Angeles for 2 years and have been looking for a good steak for under $20.00 since I got here. I HAVE FOUND IT! I was there on a Saturday night at midnight, and I noticed they have a "special" for everyday of the week and for Saturday it just happened to be steak for under $13.00! I figured "Why not". It was the best steak I have had in Hollywood. And even though we were there late at night (so it was more of a bar scene and the music was a bit loud for dining) the Service was amazing and I went home super pleased!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.