92 East Main St.
Huntington, NY 11743Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.tingrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (631) 425-7788
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:30pm
Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:30pm
Sunday - Thursday: 3:30pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 3:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Asian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from Ting
Come and experience our modern Asian cuisine! You won't be disappointed!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAsian
Ting reviews from OpenTable diners
44 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (23)neighborhood gem (20)good for groups (15)special occasion (9)romantic (7)great for lunch (5)hot spot (5)kid-friendly (2)notable wine list (2)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Very goodRagsDined on 11/19/2014The greeting by matre d. was warn and friendly. The waitress was knowledgabilty. Service was terrific. Food was served at the speed we requested. Every bite was delicious The tables are separated with more than enough privacy. Your neighbors are not on top of you so your conversations remains private. Look foreward to the next visitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I wish I lived near by!teacherfriendDined on 11/14/2014This restaurant was AMAZING. It was probably the best Asian food I have had ever. I wish I lived near by so that I could come again. If I am ever traveling near by again, I will definitely stop by. The food was awesome. I never write reviews of places... so the fact that I'm even taking the time to write something speaks to how delicious the food was. The manager was so kind! He came around to check on us and gave us a free drink because we waited a couple minutes for our check. Our waitress was very nice too! Funny and took care of us all night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodobsessedDined on 11/8/2014There is a real loss of good chinese food in LI. This is a nice place that offers more options, but also does a nice job on Chinese style food. I had Peking duck which was very good and used different kinds of home made buns that were very delicious. My friend had filet mignon, which he greatly enjoyed. Our server, Jackie was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Sushi!SophiaVIPDined on 11/7/2014I went to lunch with my best friend yesterday and had a great experience. My friend is gluten-free due to Celiac's and they were extremely accommodating and knowledgeable about their ingredients. Service was excellent and fish was fresh and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistantly good3dogapeVIPDined on 11/3/2014We have been to this restaurant several times and have never been disappointed. The chicken salad is outstanding and have not ordered a sushi roll we did not find delicious.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/30/2014While the service was very good, and the people were very nice and friendly, the food was fair to good depending on what was ordered. I wanted to like my food, but although the restaurant was not very busy on a Thursday night, my order of 3 items was not prepared as ordered, nothing fancy, actually a choice right off the menu. Everyone is entitled to a mistake, and the other members in my party were satisfied with their meal, but they weren't wowed by any means. Will we go back again? Maybe.
- What a gemnyny2574Dined on 10/25/2014Awesome find-I am telling the food at Tings is formidable. I had their chicken salad-one of the best chicken salad i ever ate. Please try when at this restaurant. Also Chelin bass so succulent-the bass so soft and cook to perfection. OMG please try this restaurant and give Tings an extra A, because their highly deserved.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice place /good selectionscookDined on 10/24/2014place was nice/service good/food brought out hot /did not rush courses-excellent crab/corn chowder soup/pistachio dessert was disappointingSpecial Features:
- EnjoyAGoodMealEnjoyAGoodMealDined on 10/18/2014Never disappointed the quality and preparation of the food is consistently great. Enjoyed the Rock Shrimp, Chicken Lettuce Wrap and always enjoy the no rice Eraser roll. Will definitely return, staff very attentive which makes the experience more enjoyable The only issue as with many restaurants is the noise level however not the worst experiencedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekGlobaltravelerVIPDined on 10/13/2014I went for restaurant week and the food was good. I had the Thai Tom Yum soup which was OK, the Tuna Tartare appetizer was excellent, and the Shrimp Teriyaki was average. I will go back againI would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceBellaDined on 9/27/2014The food is delicious, everything I have tried there is really good. People tgat work there are super nice and accommodating.Special Features:
- great local restaurantSPUUDined on 9/25/2014Ate with 4 other women and we were all very pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best Japanese aroundTutgirl28VIPDined on 9/20/2014My husband & I live in town so we have been to every restaurant in the area. Ting hands down is our favorite Japanese restaurant. We eat at Ting 2-3 times a month. The tuna dumplings are my favorite. I have to get them every time we eat there. We have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- niteoutfor2Dined on 9/20/2014We have dined there before and were very satisfied with everything. Ease of making reservations, request for certain seating area was fulfilled. Menu has a large variety to fit our taste. At this time we had roasted Chilean sea bass and pepper steak with black angus beef, both were cooked to our liking. We each had one cocktail which were excellent and a delicious mango cheesecake to top it off. .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodm2solutionsDined on 9/5/2014BBC ribs Korean style very good. Wonton fish tacos good. Ting fried rice excellent. Pekin Duck excellent. Food came out slow and all at once.Waiter just ok. Male manager came to table twice to see how dinner was going. Very nice. Little pricey not your once a week place for take out. But once a month for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our 'Go To' RestaurantMaryVIPDined on 9/5/2014We are never disappointed whenever we go to Tings. There seem to be so few nice Asian restaurants left as opposed to the buffet kind that have popped up all over. The staff is friendly and the food is delicious. We go there constantly and have brought many people with us.Special Features:
- Fire the managerNOTGOINGBACKDined on 8/30/2014Starters were great. Then orders shrimp and steal terriaki . Waitress asked how do you like your steak cooked. I said medium rare. Steak was well done and I asked for it to be replaced. Manager came over and said no problem . After a 15 min. wait, the waitress brings me a beer on the house which I did not want. I wanted to complete my meal with my friends . After another 5 min. Total 20 min. I got up and told them to forget it and bring us a check. They comped my meal. Told manager he should at least have come back after 20 min. And let me know they could not complete my order. He said he did what he could to make me happy. We will NEVER go back. Manager was too busy talking to the table next to us instead of overseeing his kitchen.
- FrankieDined on 8/23/2014Excellent cuisine of all genres- particulary asian. Only problem was that the service, both food and drinks was slow. I would still go back.Special Features:
- Slow Service, Food a little blandVRKPDined on 8/11/2014I went to this restaurant with a group of 6 people, and we all left feeling dissatisfied. The service was very slow. Our waiter, while very nice, was not very attentive. It took quite a while to bring out the food, and when we finally ate, we found the food to be quite bland. The ambiance of the restaurant was very pleasant, and despite the slow service, we found the staff to be very friendly. However, since we were not too thrilled with the food, it is unlikely that we will return to Ting.
- They know what they're doing.....JeanneVIPDined on 8/2/2014Food is delicious. Service is very attentive. Ting is a regular on our list of Huntington restaurants.
- The following 100 reviews are from the Ting reviews archive.
- Wonderful meal, outstanding foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/26/2014We recently vistited Ting while in town for a wedding. They were exceptionally accommodating when I needed to change my reservation from 6 people to 13 people within 2 hours of our dining time. I was impressed by their ability to take our needs into consideration, and be flexible when our party size doubled due to "tag a longs" who wanted to join us for dinner the evening before the wedding. The food itself was outstanding. Everyone in our party raved about the food. The menu had a great variety, and everything was very good. I was disappointed by the lack of "spice" in the Malaysian Sambal sauce, but still enjoyed my meal. The server explained that due to customer complaints, they had really toned down the spice in their "spicy" offerings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly peopleElleDined on 7/25/2014Good food, attractively presented. Attentive waitstaff. Overly long wait for our orders even though the dining room was not full.Special Features:
- A Long Island GEM!LovlyLadyDined on 7/18/2014As a first time guest, I was very impressed with this establishment. Upon arrival and departure I felt welcomed and relaxed. The decor and ambiance was great and the service was outstanding. The service was quick and the waiters and waitresses should be commended for their outstanding customer service. My server was very knowledgeable about the menu and drinks and offered suggestions. The owners really paid attention to details: tables were set with elegance and style; the establishment was very clean and remained that way after each customer finished their meal. I also have to mention that the restrooms are very elegant, clean and well kept. Ting was an excellent choice! I will return with my family!Special Features:
- nice dinner while in townkloevenDined on 7/18/2014We took our son, his wife, and 5 month old here. They were very accommodating of the baby. The food courses were well-timed and prepared well. The restaurant was nice, the food was good, the service was great, and the prices were good.Special Features:
- ALWAYS GREAT!jbjbVIPDined on 6/29/2014EVERYTHING WAS WONDERFUL. OUR LARGE PARTY HAD RAVE REVIEWS FROM EVERYONE.Special Features:
- Great food, great serviceOutinHuntingtonDined on 6/28/2014We had a great experience at Ting. The food is wonderful and the service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodRRZGR5Dined on 6/28/2014We went with three kids. The food was excellent, very friendly poeple. We loved it. A clean resturant .i recommend it.Special Features:
- LakesideVIPDined on 6/22/2014Food was great, prices were very reasonable and service was fantastic. Very professional waiter that provided excellent, attentive service.
- Great Pan Asian menuOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/7/2014Something for everyone from Sushi to Thai basil. Atmosphere is great and staff very nice
- We love this place!Lunme01Dined on 6/6/2014Nice ambience, very attentive staff, food is decent and the sushi is excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent. Service not that great.bigfamDined on 6/6/2014We had a hard time getting our servers attention. Our order was messed up, but we didn't have them take it back, because it took a long time to come in the first place. Appetizers are good, but tiny. Overall, good food but mediocre service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodieVIPDined on 6/5/2014Portions large enough for sharing; nice ambiance; friendly staff. Enjoyed dinner.Special Features:
- Great spot for lunchMelbaDined on 6/1/2014We live in the Hamptons and our son was visiting New York City - we drove and he took the train and this was a perfect spot midway. The place was not crowded and the food was terrific. The uni-lovers were happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday Night FavBlondieDined on 5/23/2014Ting has consistent good food. We got a better table than usual & our waiter was great. We've had the pleasure of his service on two other occasions. He remembers the rolls my husband likes, which was helpful. Food was yummy & on a Friday night there is lots of action. Reservations are always honored for the time of booking, no extra waiting at the bar. Nice was to end a workweek and start the weekend. We'll be back! BlondieSpecial Features:
- Very PleasedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/11/2014Our Waitress was excellent (friendly, helpful and checked back with us frequently). The food choices were plentiful and the food was great. The service could not have been better. We will return to try some of the other appealing items. Thank you Ting.
- mother's dayEDeOliveiraDined on 5/11/2014We came for mother's day dinner, but we come here often. I love sushi and am never disappointed by the food or the ambience. In the summer when there are tables outside it is even better. The kani salad is one of the best I have had and the lunch specials are great. this is our go to spot for family dinners when some of us want sushi but others do not as there is a nice mix of food choices.Special Features:
- Consistently excellentStevethVIPDined on 5/11/2014The food is consistently fresh and beautifully plated. We have tasted everything thing on the menu. Every dish is simply delicious. The staff is warm and accommodating. I took a star away because my $12 cocktail was a glass of fruit juice! There was no liquor in it. I am sure they would have rectified it if I asked but they were busy and I didn't bother to mention it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favoritesdinner234Dined on 5/10/2014The food is always perfect. Love going with a large group because there are so many things I want to taste but it works for two also, even when one will not eat fish of any kind. Beautiful presentation and environment make it even more special. Good for special occasions and for just a night out for dinner.
- a great menu, worth the night outfitfoodieDined on 5/10/2014Ting is a great spot - creative menu with a lot of flavor in the dishes, but not a pretentious place. I've been there twice and tried soups, salads, appetizers, entrees, sushi and salad. It's a great place, and work another visit.Special Features:
- Not my favoriteLetsdineoutDined on 5/8/2014Very pretty restaurant with a nice vibe. Very unimpressed with the food. Very greasy appetizers. Mediocre sushi. Didn't love itSpecial Features: