Tin Roof Bistro
3500 Sepulveda Blvd
Manhattan Beach, CA 90266Neighborhood:
Manhattan Beach / Hermosa Beach
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Tin Roof Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tinroofbistro.com/
- Phone: 3109390900
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Anne Conness
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Bocce Hour every day from 4pm-7pm! $2 Off wine by the glass, beer, well drinks, house cocktials, pizzas, and salads
A word from Tin Roof Bistro
After soaking in the TRB’s Santa Barbara mission architecture, you’ll enter and be greeted by a triple arched Brunswick mahogany bar. Large bowls of colorful citrus for making cocktails sit atop a twenty-foot long bar perfect for grabbing a glass of wine or a bite to eat. As you explore further towards the display kitchen, you enter our lounge, also referred to as the wine library. Knotted wood shelves display our wines, divided up by wine region. Windows surround the North side of the dining room, allowing our guests to gaze out onto the fountain in our courtyard. I describe the décor as thoughtful and collective, creating little vignettes for dining areas. We offer two separate outdoor dining experiences: our courtyard with full service and our front porch great for appetizers, drinks and a game of bocce.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Tin Roof Bistro - Best Restaurants in Manhattan Beach / Hermosa Beach ›
Tin Roof Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
199 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
great for outdoor dining (108)neighborhood gem (100)great for lunch (85)fit for foodies (79)good for groups (65)special occasion (56)notable wine list (43)kid-friendly (38)hot spot (37)great for brunch (30)vibrant bar scene (23)romantic (20)late-night find (10)scenic view (3)Show More
- Always wish service were betterDiningDocsVIPDined on 8/29/2014Tin Roof is now an established neighborhood dining spot, but falls short of being a neighborhood gem primarily because service perpetually is sub-optimal. They turn over wait staff at a tremendous rate. We probably go four times a year and have yet to see same cohort of servers twice in a row. It's a shame because the food has gotten a lot better, wine list changes sometimes (which is a huge plus), and they have added beer, all of which enhance the experience. Yet it feels like a competition to get servers' attention each time. More stability and better training would help Tin Roof become a more desirable local choice.
- Everything was a home run!beammanVIPDined on 8/26/2014I don't usually take the time to write comments, but this latest time at Tin Roof Bistro was truly remarkable. Every dish each of us had was fantastic, and the service was excellent. Always wonderful when not just our waiter, but every other member of the staff was attentive, friendly and eager to help.Special Features:
- We'll be backJacarandaVIPDined on 8/23/2014It was pretty noisy inside, but outside was just fine. The waitress and the service, in general, was wonderful. They had seasonal food on the menu that was unique and what we ordered was exceptionally good. The crispy brussel sprouts appetizer was to die for. I now understand why you have to make reservations for this restaurant several days in advance.Special Features:
- Reliable and funOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/19/2014I have never been disappointed when coming to this restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Your Momma's TunaAmourdagigiDined on 8/19/2014I've been dining at Tin Roof since it opened up in Manhattan Beach and have never been disappointed. I typically lunch here when I have a yen for this delightful NYMT sandwich. But, I have recently begun to explore other dishes. I love, love, love brussels sprouts and I love the way it's made here. The ambience is great also and always bustling. The only down side for me is the selection of desserts, having the sweet tooth that I have. I'm not impressed with theirs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LAX layover spotOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/17/2014Found this online when searching for a relaxed dinner option before a red eye out of LAX. They take reservations which is always a plus. We arrived early and were able to sit outside for a cocktail and enjoy the ambiance (fun bocce area for kids). The staff came and got us when our table was ready for dinner. The menu was great and we were pleasantly surprised to learn that their signature appetizer is ordered automatically for all first timers. The positive impression from that gesture went away when the item showed up on our bill, however. The biggest complaint was the noise level: we had to raise our voices to hear each other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and Service were Amazing!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014First off, I just want to say that this was the first time my wife and I had eaten here at Tin Roof Bistro. When we first arrived, we could tell it was a great spot because it was already crowded when we got there. We got seated within a few seconds of walking in and sat outside where the water fountain was. The food was GREAT!! WE both love places with original recipes and the shoe string fries were AMAZING!! Natalie, our server was probably one of the best that we have had. She was very accommodating and had plenty of suggestions. She is an asset for this restaurant and did a fine job. We will definitely be coming back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sliping into mediocrityFlowerVIPDined on 8/15/2014Lunch salads were good, not fantastic as I remember in the past. Dining room was very noisey even at lunch. Hostess was great and sat us immediately.Special Features:
- FussydinerDined on 8/14/2014Consistently good food and service. Patio is wonderful, just a bit too noisy at noon.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014One of my favorite lunch time spots. However, I was disappointed with the service. After being seated; the server came and brought us drinks but didn't return. After about 10mins or so I went to the manager and he came out and took our order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/12/2014Enjoyed dining outside where it was less noisy - love the chicken, however, the portion had changed in size and not as appetising. The brussel sprouts continue to be oustanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Tin Roof!LuvzpurpleDined on 8/12/2014I frequent this restaurant for both lunch and dinner. The food is consistently delicious and service is always great! We were able to sit outside which is lovely. Had the yummy Brussel sprouts (a must) and the Thai Crunch salad. The portion sizes are perfect and our server was attentive, but not intrusive. Definitely recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/9/2014The food was great, we especially liked the Ahi Tuna Rolls. WE brought our own wine, the corkage was only $10, which made the dining experience all the more enjoyable.Special Features:
- This Place is Always HoppingTenaciousGVIPDined on 8/9/2014I have not been to the Tin Roof Bistro when it wasn't full of patrons and buzzing with activity. The food is of very good quality and I've never been disappointed. There's a substantial wine list and a nicely stocked full bar (sitting at the bar looks like fun too). The servers go out of their way to make sure your dining experience is first rate. All this, and free parking in the lot too. We would highly recommend Tin Roof Bistro to anyone.Special Features:
- We always love this placeSteveZVIPDined on 8/8/2014I think they've got the best whole Branzino (Mediterranean sea bass) in town. Ask for little Raoul to debone the fish at your table...he really knows what he's doing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome RestaurantdustsevenDined on 8/7/2014This place is simply amazing! First time visitor and will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Delicious!foodadventurerDined on 8/4/2014Outstanding service and food! Wish I lived here so I could enjoy this place over and over!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice spotSas90254Dined on 8/1/2014Brussels sprouts appetizer was delicious. Friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HappydinerDined on 8/1/2014With a charming outdoor patio with helpful and friendly wait staff, we enjoyed a lovely dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BeniDined on 7/30/2014Enjoyed the ambience and patio seating. We were a group of four; eveyone ordered something off the menu and we shared - family style. This allowed us to try a variety of dishes. Every dish we ordered was delicious, but the brussels sprouts were amazing! Definitely would return to try more dishes. Good wine list and affordable. Service was friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- Excellent food and presentationMBChiefsDined on 7/30/2014The menu is varied enough and the preparation is excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super DuperjbdbVIPDined on 7/27/2014Great food and super service on July 27. My husband ordered Salmon (as usual) and I ordered their Sunday special of Scallops. All great tasting. Our server was very attentive. We go here often and have always enjoyed food and service.Special Features:
- Not as good as in the pastHungry4uDined on 7/27/2014Used to be one of our favorites! Last few times disappointing. Pork chip dry. Lamb Ragu pasta was always our favorite must have. Last night, there was more spinach than lamb and the pasta, which is normally delish, was overcooked. What's going on?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- xxxxVIPDined on 7/27/2014There are lots of choices for lunch. You can have delicious pizzas or sandwiches or something more hearty. $10 gets you soup, salad and a half sandwich. It's a deal and filling. I had the cobb salad. I thought the dressing was really good but i like a more traditional cobb with tomatoes rather than grapes.Special Features:
- good restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2014service was great, always asking if we needed anything or if everything was satisfactory...IT WAS!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014Great food, great service, a bit noisy when busy. Definitely a place to recommend and visit oftenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantChYMDined on 7/23/2014I am hesitant to say it is great since I don't want to have trouble getting in. It is a terrific place and I go there often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, not greatLove2eatDined on 7/23/2014The food was amazing! The atmosphere was interesting... It seemed like the restaurant was having an identity crisis- all of the decorations seemed random and didn't seem to make sense. Our server was okay.. She didn't seem to pay us much attention because she had a pretty hectic night, which was understandable, but a little frustrating. It was a good restaurant to visit once, but I don't know if I will be back for awhile.
- Very disappointedSBfoodieVIPDined on 7/22/2014Sadly, this was a "go to" for business lunches. There are so many other great restaurants in the area. Management, servers and the kitchen staff don't care. Will not be returning
- Tin Roof Bistro = YUM!!!SoBayGirlVIPDined on 7/20/2014Love this restaurant! Tho it can be a bit noisy at night, the food is remarkable and the service xlnt!Special Features:
- Maybe the waiter was new?RKS89Dined on 7/19/20141st - the wrong appetizer brought to table. 2nd the wrong soup. Waiter apologized and said "well I will have to take this back to the kitchen or you wont be able to get the right soup". Weird - They should have let us keep the soup and also got us what we ordered. After dinner we closed our bill but then ended up sitting at the table for quite a while talking (no other patrons waiting 4 table). Our waiter never came by and offered anything else until we waved him down. Finally on our way out of the restaurant not one person said goodnight/thank you. Lot of staff around and not a lot of patrons so I that didn't sit right with me. I still gave an overall good rating as I am hoping this was a one time occurrence and not a new trend.Special Features:
- TraceDined on 7/14/2014very pleasant birthday celebration for the family. we are frequent visitors to the Tin Roof.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Must TrySallyDined on 7/10/2014I have been meaning to try Tin Roof for a long time and I am so glad I finally did. They have a great menu & lots of vegetarian options which was great since my friend who joined me is vegetarian. You must try the brussel sprouts appetizer. These are the best brussel sprouts you will ever eat and they will even give you the recipe. The lunch special with a choice of any half sandwich comes with soup and salad. I had the tuna sandwich deliciously piled high with tasty tuna. I will definitely go back.Special Features:
- YumsvilleScaquaVIPDined on 7/9/2014We split the lamb bolognese and chicken BBQ pizza. So good, fresh. Service was on point!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You'd never know its therefortchDined on 7/9/2014Yeah, I know its in a strip mall, but TRB is tucked away next a popular wine shop and another gem, Suzie Cakes. While both places have out-of-the-ordinary service, a rare find on its own, TRB stands out just as much for its food selections as well. The menu alone is the perfect size, not too big and not too small. The selections are reasonable priced, and changed periodically. Our go-to to start is the Brussels Sprouts (nobody has a bad thing to say about em, even if they aren't as healthy as they should be), but even the Simple Greens are perfectly dressed and tasty. I normally gravitate to the Chicken or Short Ribs, although the Pizza de Pepe (sp?) is always on my mind. The crust is so darned good, light and chewy. Great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and servicecynthiaiDined on 7/5/2014You know you are at an unusual restaurant when the first thing the waitress asks us is, "Can I start you out with some brussel sprouts?" Apparently, they are known for this appetizer, which, by the way, was delicious. We were a group of 9 including adults and kids ranging from 11 - 87 years of age. My son with autism, is somewhat of a picky eater. The menu at Tin Roof Bistro had items covering all tastes...baby kale salad with pears and avocado, a fig/bacon/bleu cheese pizza, margherita pizza (they have wood-fired ovens), soy-glazed salmon and even a goat cheese cheesecake for dessert. Apparently, they have their own goat which produces the cheese. We also had an unusual beer O'Stout(?) made from oyster shells, which was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousPickyEaterDined on 7/4/2014We ate outside in the back patio as it was noisy indoors. The weather was mild so it worked out fine. Of course we had the famous brussels sprouts and they are delicious. We tried to order the special but they had sold out. The waiter recommended another fish dish and it was so tasty. We ordered a gin and tonic with the homemade tonic, it was outstanding and also had artisan ice. The service is good, the staff attentive and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loudwifoioDined on 7/1/2014foods, services were great. music was too looooooud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delish!LFfromMBDined on 6/28/2014The service was terrific and every dish we tried was superb! We shared the roasted brussel sprouts, seared ahi salad and braised short ribs. Each dish was perfect in itself, full of flavor. We'll definitely come again. Excellent wine list too.Special Features:
- we loved it!mom42Dined on 6/27/2014we went with our 2 kids. they gave them something to keep them busy. everything we ordered was super delicious and not so pricy. we all had a great time. the place is very special, me and my husband need to come there alone...Special Features: