Tin Roof Bistro
3500 Sepulveda Blvd
Manhattan Beach, CA 90266Neighborhood:
Manhattan Beach / Hermosa Beach
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Tin Roof Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tinroofbistro.com/
- Phone: (310) 939-0900
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Anne Conness
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Bocce Hour every day from 4pm-7pm! $2 Off wine by the glass, beer, well drinks, house cocktials, pizzas, and salads
A word from Tin Roof Bistro
After soaking in the TRB’s Santa Barbara mission architecture, you’ll enter and be greeted by a triple arched Brunswick mahogany bar. Large bowls of colorful citrus for making cocktails sit atop a twenty-foot long bar perfect for grabbing a glass of wine or a bite to eat. As you explore further towards the display kitchen, you enter our lounge, also referred to as the wine library. Knotted wood shelves display our wines, divided up by wine region. Windows surround the North side of the dining room, allowing our guests to gaze out onto the fountain in our courtyard. I describe the décor as thoughtful and collective, creating little vignettes for dining areas. We offer two separate outdoor dining experiences: our courtyard with full service and our front porch great for appetizers, drinks and a game of bocce.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Tin Roof Bistro - Best Restaurants in Manhattan Beach / Hermosa Beach ›
Tin Roof Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
200 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
great for outdoor dining (118)neighborhood gem (104)fit for foodies (94)great for lunch (87)good for groups (75)special occasion (49)notable wine list (42)hot spot (40)kid-friendly (34)great for brunch (19)vibrant bar scene (19)romantic (18)late-night find (7)Show More
- great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/19/2014we had a small baby shower and the staff was very accommodating and placed in a booth near the back. This was perfect and we really appreciate itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice find near LAXjjfromboulderDined on 11/18/2014I will probably come back next time I visit the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed a lovely birthday dinnerLauraDined on 11/16/2014After walking by the restaurant many times, we finally tried it this past weekend. It was packed and bustling with high energy. Service was attentive from start to finish and made the dinner a lot of fun. The food was creative and cooked to perfection. My husband had the scallops which were the Sunday night special and I had the pork loin-both melt in your mouth tasty. The tres leche cake was a perfect ending. We also liked the decor and vibe of the inside and the patio (we ate inside, but checked out the patio before we left.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible ServiceYvetteVIPDined on 11/15/2014Service was not only EXTREMELY SLOW but when I was given the receipt I only looked at the total amount that was $40 ish and when I gave my credit card and they returned my receipt it was $60 this was before tip! I thought the $40 might have been a mistake but I wasn't sure since I didn't look at all the items on the receipt, and I don't mind paying the real full total, but the fact that they charged my card without telling me the real total was really bad on customer service. And they only gave me a copy of the credit card receipt, not the final itemized receipt.Special Features:
- Great for a special occasionJVickersDined on 11/12/2014We went to celebrate two birthdays and had a very nice booth in the corner. The only downside was that we had to shout across the table just to have a conversation, but once the food came there was less talking and more eating. The food is amazing - the brussells sprouts are delicious, and two at our table had the lasagna and finished easily. Chocolate mousse although a small portion is definitely enough to share. All of their desserts are good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum! We love Tin Roof!asdfVIPDined on 11/10/2014Everything is so yummy. We especially love the brussel sprouts!Special Features:
- Yummy food and excellent servicesuzyDined on 11/7/2014Recently took my boyfriend to his birthday dinner at Tin Roof. We both loved the French onion soup, although I usually not a fan of that soup. My salmon and his pasta with lamb were excellent, as was his "share" of the complimentary birthday dessert. Apparently it was a serving for two and they only comped his half, which was kind of funny. The service was excellent as well. We plan to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Winner of the Best Fried ChickenDiningWithDocVIPDined on 11/3/2014We've been having an ongoing quest to find THE best fried chicken in the LA area. The Monday night fried chicken dinner for two at Tin Roof has been the most consistent and our favorite, topping even Bouchon and other worthy opponents. The flavorful brined Jidori chicken had a perfectly crispy crust with both white and dark meat hot and juicy. The Yukon gold mashed potatoes with delectable gravy was complemented by the tart savory Asian cole slaw. Manuel, our excellent server, brought out a tasty chocolate mousse with butterscotch toffee to help us celebrate our special occasion.Special Features:
- So pleasantly surprisedhighexpectationsDined on 11/2/2014I'd heard good things, but this surpassed our expectations. They knew from our OpenTable reservation that we were first timers, and acknowledged it as we gave our name. Sat us at a great table, with a very friendly waitress. As the waitress handed out the menu, she informed us that she'd put in an order for their well known brussels sprouts dish on the house, since we were first timers (was somehow briefed without us knowing). Our meals were wonderful, Lamb Bolognese with Pappardelle was amazing, homemade pasta and tender lamb. Fish 'n' Chips w/coleslaw were so tasty, really nice pieces of fish. Fantastic mousse dessert. We went in with high expectations, yet our expectations were exceeded. This has been deemed our new stomping ground!Special Features:
- Outdoor dining on date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/1/2014The outside seating area is what we enjoy most. My wife and I like to relax and talk on the patio. There are heat lamps and umbrellas as well as attentive wait staff. I love that they will decant the wine we bring with us. The cocktails are a great way to start. The variety of food - especially for non-meat eaters - is ample. Love the tuna spring rolls and the sea bass. The seasonsal pizza with squash and pumpkin seeds was delicious. I keep going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceDrGOVIPDined on 10/31/2014Cocktails unique and interesting; wine list very good. Outstanding service and creative appetizer and salads. The French Onion Soup was not the same soup you've had elsewhere but absolutely delicicious.Special Features:
- Food choices galore!ModestTravelerDined on 10/30/2014Many excellent dishes with a fun atmosphere and servers who connect, serve and do not interrupt.Special Features:
- ExpensiveRenee22Dined on 10/29/2014Very expensive, and not completely impressive wine list. My mother and I shared an appetizer, a salad and an entree with a bottle of wine, and the bill was far more than expected.
- First time, good timeCharmingDined on 10/29/2014Met my daughter there for lunch, it is non description outside but very nice inside. Great menu, different options, everything was delicious. Part of a huge outdoor shopping area, Manhattan village.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/29/2014Went for lunch on a Wednesday at 1PM. It took almost 8 minutes to find a parking spot within a 5 minute walk to the restaurant although the restaurant is located in a mall with ample parking. Inside the restaurant, we were seated immediately as we he a reservation (lots of drop-in guests). However, the only seating available was inside the main room with a noise level so high that we could not hear each other talk or have a conversation with the waiter. We decided to remain for lunch but it was not a very pleasant experience. The food was good and the wine tolerable; so as the noise abated after about 40 minutes, we could begin to enjoy our gathering. For older ladies who like to "do lunch," this is not right setting.
- Great PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/27/2014A great little place to enjoy a very good meal with excellent service.Special Features:
- Great find.PhotogfoodieDined on 10/27/2014I was meeting a friend in Manhattan Beach and looking for something special. Menu looked interesting so decided to try it out. We were very impressed with the Butternut Quinoa salad and the chicken curry sandwich which we both shared. Service was great, noise level made it easy to talk and catch up and overall experience was very pleasant! I would definitely go again when I'm in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- thank you for a nice evening!peony55Dined on 10/26/2014Tin Roof excels in all areas of restaurant operations. The only complaint I would have is the unbearable noise in the dining room. Thank goodness you have a nice patio with heat lamps.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tin Roof Bistro - Great TimeBobCDined on 10/25/2014Tin Roof Bistro is a great evening dining experience with a varied menu and excellent service. Short Ribs were amazing as well as the pasta dishes. Very popular so definitely make reservations - Open Table is a good choice - easy and convenient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is delicious but ambiance iffyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/20/2014Brussel sprouts were delicious! I would go back to eat just that! Lunch special a great deal a and ginger carrot soup was really good. Service was spotty as we were served soup with no soup spoons and had a tough time flagging down a server before our soup got cold. Very noisy in the restaurant and hard to converse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tin Roof great meal againnewtuxedoVIPDined on 10/16/2014Love this restaurant. Great wine list. Ordered spicy tuna spring rolls, salad, and short ribs. Two of us split each course. Delicious. Friendly, attentive wait staff. We arrived 30 minutes early, had a drink at the bar, and they seated us at our table 5 min before our reservation. This place is a class act with consistently good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always nice in at Tin Roof!RaulVIPDined on 10/15/2014Been back so many times, I'm definitely a fan. Enjoy the outdoor patio. Great service!Special Features:
- We had a great timefunandhappyDined on 10/11/2014Met some old friends here. We never felt rushed and loved the food. There's something for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- neighborhood gemTomDoriDined on 10/10/2014This is the true definition of a neighborhood gem. Owner has 3 restaurants in the community and all are always busy. The food is not great, but it is very, very good as is the service. We love it. Best burgers. Pizza is tops. Salads and entrées are very good. What more could you want. Oh yes,Special Features:
- 58JAKVIPDined on 10/7/2014Inside it is a little too noisy and franetic for my tastes but outdoor dining is usually quiet and provides a pleasant intimate setting. Great salads, delicious burger.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seating etiquettegf4rDined on 10/5/2014We arrived at around 5:15 pm; about 45 minutes early. The restaurant was about 65% full. We wanted a a table in the main area of the restaurant, but we were informed because we were only a twosome, we couldn't have a 4 person table. We were then brought to a table right off the kitchen while there were many other 2 person tables in more desirable locations in the restaurant. We later noticed an elderly couple at one of the 4 person tables we had sought(?). We dine out often at at upscale restaurants. This does not happen elsewhere and it's ridiculous that it did there, particularly at a lower volume time, particularly when we had reservations, and particularly when we made our reservation through Open Table.Special Features:
- prizeambianceDined on 10/4/2014The noise level spoiled it for us. We practically had to lip read. Sorry!Special Features:
- Wonderful as alwaysStacyDined on 10/2/2014Tin Roof bistro never disappoints! The food is top notch, service impeccable and a full bar never hurts. I love all the Simms restaurants, and though I can walk to all the others, Tin Roof is always worth the drive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and great service!midwestgalDined on 9/27/2014I highly recommend the lasagna -- homemade noodles make this dish. Our waiter Gene was friendly and attentive. Also had the roasted fig pizza a number of times -- delicious! Only negative is that it can be a bit noisy.Special Features:
- Don't bother with rsvpOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/24/2014I made a reservation for my fiancé's birthday, informing them of that at the time of reservatio. When we arrived promptly at 7:30, a couple was in front of us (with no reservation) and was seated promptly. When I gave our name, we had to wait five minutes to wait for another table to open up. Then, when they finally did seat us, it was a table near the kitchen, so it felt like sitting in an airplane aisle with staff running back and forth with plates. Then it took another five minutes for someone to come by our table. (After that, our server was sweet and the food was okay, but the dinner was pretty much ruined).
- A repeat favbindygrlDined on 9/24/2014Never disappointed in service, quality or ambience...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yumsmltwnbeauty33Dined on 9/23/2014There were easily ten items on the menu that I wanted to try, but clearly only got to 3 or so because we shared at the table. I loved the goat cheese and honey. Loved the lasagna. Yum.Special Features:
- Reliably delicious!mbgirlDined on 9/23/2014Food always good, wine list interesting and varied, decor Napa-style laid-back cool!Special Features:
- The BestTomDoriDined on 9/19/2014The food is very good, service is very good and the menu has plenty of choices plus variety. It is a real neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great outdoor dining!JustusDined on 9/16/2014One of my favorite restaurants. Our server was a bit of a disappointment, food was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try the Brussets SproutsbrewandsueDined on 9/14/2014We go here often and are never disappointed. A great menu, great service, and the best Caramelized Brussels Sprouts ever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantJacarandaVIPDined on 9/14/2014Good menu with interesting food and the service is superb. A little loud inside but fine out on the patio.Special Features:
- Great place for a get together!agpasapDined on 9/12/2014Drinks are great (although a little small). The food is delicious and great for sharing. We ate on the patio, which made you feel like you were dining at a vacation locale. Our server was very friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely - But LoudLuv2RideDined on 9/6/2014We really love Tin Roof and the family that owns it. The food is excellent. It is however, very loud to the point that I don't know that we can do it again. The room itself is open to the bar and when music is turned up too high, its not pleasant. We requested to move outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindMidWayDined on 9/6/2014Needed to find a place midway between OC & Westlake Village-found Tin Roof on Google Maps. Read the reviews and made a reservation. I requested an outdoor seating and I believe we got the best table. Kevin, our server, was simply the best! The brussel sprouts and Goat Cheese appetizers were amazing and we even got the history of the 2 local goats. The prime rib was a bit dry for the price, hence the 4 stars for the food, but the AHI salad, Butternut Squash and House made Thin-Noodle Lasagna were were all 5 stars. Our table was next to the event room where a party was scheduled, and when they lit the room and I saw the décor, it added even more character to the outside patio. I would definitely consider having a party at Tin Roof.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.