Tin Roof Bistro
3500 Sepulveda Blvd
Manhattan Beach, CA 90266Neighborhood:
Manhattan Beach / Hermosa Beach
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Tin Roof Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tinroofbistro.com/
- Phone: 3109390900
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Anne Conness
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Bocce Hour every day from 4pm-7pm! $2 Off wine by the glass, beer, well drinks, house cocktials, pizzas, and salads
A word from Tin Roof Bistro
After soaking in the TRB’s Santa Barbara mission architecture, you’ll enter and be greeted by a triple arched Brunswick mahogany bar. Large bowls of colorful citrus for making cocktails sit atop a twenty-foot long bar perfect for grabbing a glass of wine or a bite to eat. As you explore further towards the display kitchen, you enter our lounge, also referred to as the wine library. Knotted wood shelves display our wines, divided up by wine region. Windows surround the North side of the dining room, allowing our guests to gaze out onto the fountain in our courtyard. I describe the décor as thoughtful and collective, creating little vignettes for dining areas. We offer two separate outdoor dining experiences: our courtyard with full service and our front porch great for appetizers, drinks and a game of bocce.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Tin Roof Bistro - Best Restaurants in Manhattan Beach / Hermosa Beach ›
Tin Roof Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
203 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (114)neighborhood gem (112)fit for foodies (91)great for lunch (89)good for groups (71)special occasion (47)notable wine list (45)kid-friendly (36)hot spot (31)vibrant bar scene (24)great for brunch (22)romantic (16)late-night find (8)scenic view (1)Show More
- Food is delicious but ambiance iffyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/20/2014Brussel sprouts were delicious! I would go back to eat just that! Lunch special a great deal a and ginger carrot soup was really good. Service was spotty as we were served soup with no soup spoons and had a tough time flagging down a server before our soup got cold. Very noisy in the restaurant and hard to converse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tin Roof great meal againnewtuxedoVIPDined on 10/16/2014Love this restaurant. Great wine list. Ordered spicy tuna spring rolls, salad, and short ribs. Two of us split each course. Delicious. Friendly, attentive wait staff. We arrived 30 minutes early, had a drink at the bar, and they seated us at our table 5 min before our reservation. This place is a class act with consistently good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always nice in at Tin Roof!RaulVIPDined on 10/15/2014Been back so many times, I'm definitely a fan. Enjoy the outdoor patio. Great service!Special Features:
- We had a great timefunandhappyDined on 10/11/2014Met some old friends here. We never felt rushed and loved the food. There's something for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- neighborhood gemTomDoriDined on 10/10/2014This is the true definition of a neighborhood gem. Owner has 3 restaurants in the community and all are always busy. The food is not great, but it is very, very good as is the service. We love it. Best burgers. Pizza is tops. Salads and entrées are very good. What more could you want. Oh yes,Special Features:
- 58JAKVIPDined on 10/7/2014Inside it is a little too noisy and franetic for my tastes but outdoor dining is usually quiet and provides a pleasant intimate setting. Great salads, delicious burger.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seating etiquettegf4rDined on 10/5/2014We arrived at around 5:15 pm; about 45 minutes early. The restaurant was about 65% full. We wanted a a table in the main area of the restaurant, but we were informed because we were only a twosome, we couldn't have a 4 person table. We were then brought to a table right off the kitchen while there were many other 2 person tables in more desirable locations in the restaurant. We later noticed an elderly couple at one of the 4 person tables we had sought(?). We dine out often at at upscale restaurants. This does not happen elsewhere and it's ridiculous that it did there, particularly at a lower volume time, particularly when we had reservations, and particularly when we made our reservation through Open Table.Special Features:
- prizeambianceDined on 10/4/2014The noise level spoiled it for us. We practically had to lip read. Sorry!Special Features:
- Wonderful as alwaysStacyDined on 10/2/2014Tin Roof bistro never disappoints! The food is top notch, service impeccable and a full bar never hurts. I love all the Simms restaurants, and though I can walk to all the others, Tin Roof is always worth the drive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and great service!midwestgalDined on 9/27/2014I highly recommend the lasagna -- homemade noodles make this dish. Our waiter Gene was friendly and attentive. Also had the roasted fig pizza a number of times -- delicious! Only negative is that it can be a bit noisy.Special Features:
- Don't bother with rsvpOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/24/2014I made a reservation for my fiancé's birthday, informing them of that at the time of reservatio. When we arrived promptly at 7:30, a couple was in front of us (with no reservation) and was seated promptly. When I gave our name, we had to wait five minutes to wait for another table to open up. Then, when they finally did seat us, it was a table near the kitchen, so it felt like sitting in an airplane aisle with staff running back and forth with plates. Then it took another five minutes for someone to come by our table. (After that, our server was sweet and the food was okay, but the dinner was pretty much ruined).
- A repeat favbindygrlDined on 9/24/2014Never disappointed in service, quality or ambience...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yumsmltwnbeauty33Dined on 9/23/2014There were easily ten items on the menu that I wanted to try, but clearly only got to 3 or so because we shared at the table. I loved the goat cheese and honey. Loved the lasagna. Yum.Special Features:
- Reliably delicious!mbgirlDined on 9/23/2014Food always good, wine list interesting and varied, decor Napa-style laid-back cool!Special Features:
- The BestTomDoriDined on 9/19/2014The food is very good, service is very good and the menu has plenty of choices plus variety. It is a real neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great outdoor dining!JustusDined on 9/16/2014One of my favorite restaurants. Our server was a bit of a disappointment, food was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try the Brussets SproutsbrewandsueDined on 9/14/2014We go here often and are never disappointed. A great menu, great service, and the best Caramelized Brussels Sprouts ever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantJacarandaVIPDined on 9/14/2014Good menu with interesting food and the service is superb. A little loud inside but fine out on the patio.Special Features:
- Great place for a get together!agpasapDined on 9/12/2014Drinks are great (although a little small). The food is delicious and great for sharing. We ate on the patio, which made you feel like you were dining at a vacation locale. Our server was very friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely - But LoudLuv2RideDined on 9/6/2014We really love Tin Roof and the family that owns it. The food is excellent. It is however, very loud to the point that I don't know that we can do it again. The room itself is open to the bar and when music is turned up too high, its not pleasant. We requested to move outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindMidWayDined on 9/6/2014Needed to find a place midway between OC & Westlake Village-found Tin Roof on Google Maps. Read the reviews and made a reservation. I requested an outdoor seating and I believe we got the best table. Kevin, our server, was simply the best! The brussel sprouts and Goat Cheese appetizers were amazing and we even got the history of the 2 local goats. The prime rib was a bit dry for the price, hence the 4 stars for the food, but the AHI salad, Butternut Squash and House made Thin-Noodle Lasagna were were all 5 stars. Our table was next to the event room where a party was scheduled, and when they lit the room and I saw the décor, it added even more character to the outside patio. I would definitely consider having a party at Tin Roof.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local favorite consistently good……OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/4/2014Great food, great service, a little noisy inside but the outside patio area is perfect. Always have to order the brussel sprouts and the Salmon is fabulous. Will always come back….Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful patio. Great food.CookieDined on 9/4/2014Do not like eating indoors as it is TOO LOUD. However, the patio dining is the BEST. Had a wonderful lunch with friends that I had not seen in a very long time and we reconnected in an atmosphere where we could hear each other!Special Features:
- Always wish service were betterDiningDocsVIPDined on 8/29/2014Tin Roof is now an established neighborhood dining spot, but falls short of being a neighborhood gem primarily because service perpetually is sub-optimal. They turn over wait staff at a tremendous rate. We probably go four times a year and have yet to see same cohort of servers twice in a row. It's a shame because the food has gotten a lot better, wine list changes sometimes (which is a huge plus), and they have added beer, all of which enhance the experience. Yet it feels like a competition to get servers' attention each time. More stability and better training would help Tin Roof become a more desirable local choice.
- Everything was a home run!beammanVIPDined on 8/26/2014I don't usually take the time to write comments, but this latest time at Tin Roof Bistro was truly remarkable. Every dish each of us had was fantastic, and the service was excellent. Always wonderful when not just our waiter, but every other member of the staff was attentive, friendly and eager to help.Special Features:
- We'll be backJacarandaVIPDined on 8/23/2014It was pretty noisy inside, but outside was just fine. The waitress and the service, in general, was wonderful. They had seasonal food on the menu that was unique and what we ordered was exceptionally good. The crispy brussel sprouts appetizer was to die for. I now understand why you have to make reservations for this restaurant several days in advance.Special Features:
- Reliable and funOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/19/2014I have never been disappointed when coming to this restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Your Momma's TunaAmourdagigiDined on 8/19/2014I've been dining at Tin Roof since it opened up in Manhattan Beach and have never been disappointed. I typically lunch here when I have a yen for this delightful NYMT sandwich. But, I have recently begun to explore other dishes. I love, love, love brussels sprouts and I love the way it's made here. The ambience is great also and always bustling. The only down side for me is the selection of desserts, having the sweet tooth that I have. I'm not impressed with theirs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LAX layover spotJLinVADined on 8/17/2014Found this online when searching for a relaxed dinner option before a red eye out of LAX. They take reservations which is always a plus. We arrived early and were able to sit outside for a cocktail and enjoy the ambiance (fun bocce area for kids). The staff came and got us when our table was ready for dinner. The menu was great and we were pleasantly surprised to learn that their signature appetizer is ordered automatically for all first timers. The positive impression from that gesture went away when the item showed up on our bill, however. The biggest complaint was the noise level: we had to raise our voices to hear each other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and Service were Amazing!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014First off, I just want to say that this was the first time my wife and I had eaten here at Tin Roof Bistro. When we first arrived, we could tell it was a great spot because it was already crowded when we got there. We got seated within a few seconds of walking in and sat outside where the water fountain was. The food was GREAT!! WE both love places with original recipes and the shoe string fries were AMAZING!! Natalie, our server was probably one of the best that we have had. She was very accommodating and had plenty of suggestions. She is an asset for this restaurant and did a fine job. We will definitely be coming back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sliping into mediocrityFlowerVIPDined on 8/15/2014Lunch salads were good, not fantastic as I remember in the past. Dining room was very noisey even at lunch. Hostess was great and sat us immediately.Special Features:
- FussydinerVIPDined on 8/14/2014Consistently good food and service. Patio is wonderful, just a bit too noisy at noon.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014One of my favorite lunch time spots. However, I was disappointed with the service. After being seated; the server came and brought us drinks but didn't return. After about 10mins or so I went to the manager and he came out and took our order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/12/2014Enjoyed dining outside where it was less noisy - love the chicken, however, the portion had changed in size and not as appetising. The brussel sprouts continue to be oustanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Tin Roof!LuvzpurpleDined on 8/12/2014I frequent this restaurant for both lunch and dinner. The food is consistently delicious and service is always great! We were able to sit outside which is lovely. Had the yummy Brussel sprouts (a must) and the Thai Crunch salad. The portion sizes are perfect and our server was attentive, but not intrusive. Definitely recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/9/2014The food was great, we especially liked the Ahi Tuna Rolls. WE brought our own wine, the corkage was only $10, which made the dining experience all the more enjoyable.Special Features:
- This Place is Always HoppingTenaciousGVIPDined on 8/9/2014I have not been to the Tin Roof Bistro when it wasn't full of patrons and buzzing with activity. The food is of very good quality and I've never been disappointed. There's a substantial wine list and a nicely stocked full bar (sitting at the bar looks like fun too). The servers go out of their way to make sure your dining experience is first rate. All this, and free parking in the lot too. We would highly recommend Tin Roof Bistro to anyone.Special Features:
- We always love this placeSteveZVIPDined on 8/8/2014I think they've got the best whole Branzino (Mediterranean sea bass) in town. Ask for little Raoul to debone the fish at your table...he really knows what he's doing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome RestaurantdustsevenDined on 8/7/2014This place is simply amazing! First time visitor and will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Delicious!foodadventurerDined on 8/4/2014Outstanding service and food! Wish I lived here so I could enjoy this place over and over!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.