18201 S. Harlem
Tinley Park, IL 60477Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tinfishrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (708) 532-0200
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:30pm, Dinner: Monday - Friday: 4:30pm - 9:30pm, Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Tin Fish
A modern version of the 1940 seafood houses of the Atlantic shore, Tin Fish brings a family friendly sophisticated dinner house to the south suburbs of Chicago. Quality is always our first priority; all of our seafood is flown it in six days a week, always carefully inspected and only the highest quality is accepted. Menus are created daily with seasonal offerings from land and sea emphasizing seasonal ingredients for their superior taste and freshness. Our well-stocked wine cellar, selection of fine liquors, scotches and micro brewed beers perfectly compliment our menu. Stop in and see first-hand how Tin Fish brings the sea shore to Tinley Park.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Tin Fish - Best Restaurants in Tinley Park ›
Tin Fish reviews from OpenTable diners
97 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (49)fit for foodies (47)neighborhood gem (47)good for groups (34)notable wine list (25)romantic (24)great for lunch (16)vibrant bar scene (10)late-night find (9)hot spot (7)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (5)scenic view (1)Show More
- Always Great!gabnmanthaDined on 11/15/2014We discovered Ti Fish through a friends recommendation earlier this year. I can honestly say this restaurant is simply incredible. The menu is very unique and well done. The specials are always great. the service is very professional and friendly. Just go there and you'll see.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh Seafood Done Really WellFishFan66Dined on 11/14/2014Tin Fish is a reliable seafood place that offers fresh and well-prepared dishes and great service. Very few and far between. Our server, Kristine, made great recommendations and was the right balance of service and cheerfulness - not over the top bubbly, but not overly formal and oppressive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great fishdobherVIPDined on 11/14/2014Our favorite restaurant. Love the food and the fact that everything is prepared fresh. Terrific wait staff, esp. Ryan and Sara! Drinks are perfectly made too. Always look forward to a night out at Tin FishSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014Saw it on Check Please so the hubby took me for our monthly date night. We were very happy with the good and service providedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great fish selection,tylerDined on 11/8/2014son had steak said it was good-- could usemore alternative choices. Wish they would had a sampler apptz. would go backSpecial Features:
- Late Lunch Treatyum4mytumDined on 11/8/2014The crab cakes and seared sesame tuna appetizers were very good. The tuna dinner with homemade mashed potatoes with marinated olives and pickled vegetables was delicious. My lobster roll was just ok, not like on the East cost. The other fish lunch was also good. Would try to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/31/2014Fantastic food and service. This was our first time to Tin Fish. We will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect timingHalfrightDined on 10/24/2014The experience was great. Waiter was informative and offered great suggestions. All of which contributed to a fine dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous! Date Night Hot SpotKeuchDined on 10/18/2014This has been the place my husband and I frequent because it's where we had our first date. About once or twice a year we are able to spring for it, and each and every time we have yet to be disappointed. As a server i find it extremely hard to have a good dining experience. That has NEVER been the case at Tin Fish, which is why we do not ever mind paying $200 for a meal for the two of us. The food also never disappoints either. Best oysters, best crab, BEST POTATOES EVER! Fantastic wine selection, and a great variety of other seafood dishes as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beerloverVIPDined on 10/18/2014Had the buffalo shrimp and maytag blue cheese chips for apps. Both very good. My wife had the swordfish and it was a very large piece. I had the scallops with Cajun sauce, and two of the scallops were gritty and the sauce was more of a stew of green and red bell peppers. Totally not expected and not to my liking at all.
- Excellent Fresh FishLoloAnnDined on 10/17/2014We just love this suburban gem. Consistently delicious, perfectly prepared fresh fish. I have multiple food allergies & the chef is happy to adapt dishes to my needs. You can't go wrong at Tin Fish.Special Features:
- DinnerMerfVIPDined on 10/11/2014Their were four of us in the dinner party and all agreed the meal and drinks were "excellent". If you like fish this is the place to go. Their is a variety of fresh fish, but also for meat lovers you have some great choices. The wait staff was terrific, didn't feel rushed. Would highly recommend Tin Fish. Will definitely go back!!!Special Features:
- IanJamesDined on 10/6/2014Very excellent experience as it relates to the quality of the meal and service. Would highly recommend.Special Features:
- Never disappoints!gabnmanthaDined on 10/4/2014Tin Fish is an amazing restaurant. Every time we dine at Tin Fish we always leave thinking about when we are coming back!Special Features:
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014Wonderful food! Very much enjoyed our dinner. It's great to have a nice restaurant like this and not have to travel to Chicago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WhitefishGoodsandBadsDined on 10/3/2014I ordered the whitefish and it had lots of bones! The waitress was great, offered to get me another type of fish but I was leary about any other fish. She did take it off the bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a hit!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/27/2014The seafood is always fresh and great tasting! Made to perfection. It's WELL worth the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still one of the tops in TinleyDDinerDined on 9/27/2014Tin Fish is still one of the tops in Tinley Park and we always enjoy dining there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GpaGmaDined on 9/27/2014enjoyed the dinner it was my Granddaughters choice for her Bday (17) she really enjoyed the tilapia Nice touch of tiramasu for Bday girl service was very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrate!blkrangerDined on 9/20/2014This became the must go to place for special occasions! Food, atmosphere and service top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Food, Excellent ServicePersonalizedTaxDined on 9/20/2014We really enjoyed our meal and the service was top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ladies who Lunchjja636472Dined on 9/19/2014This gem of a restaurant was recommended by local patrons and some as far away as Portland Oregon! I'm glad I took their advice. My companion was being treated to a Birthday Lunch and I am very glad that I chose Tin Fish. We thoroughly enjoyed everything about our visit. The service was amazing and the made-to-order Bloody Marys were excellent. The support staff was efficient and even the Ladies Room was above par. Thank You!Special Features:
- Disappointing serviceGagaDined on 9/18/2014The food is always outstanding the service is usually great....this time it was sub par. Maybe she was new :(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great experience at TinFishOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/15/2014We had never seen baby back ribs on the the menu before, so we had to give them a whirl. They had some resistance coming off the bone, but we did not find this a deterrent. We were able to get the sauce on the side, which was appreciated. While the sauce was excellent, I preferred mine without the sauce as they were seasoned wonderfully. We also enjoyed the whitefish and two 1/2 bottles of wine, since it was 1/2 price wine night! :) Service was also excellent. We love Tin Fish and dine there 1-2 times a week!Special Features:
- DisappointingSteveDined on 9/11/2014My wife and I both had gumbo as a starter. It wasn't hot and had very little in it other than liquid. This was proceeded by an assurance that the drinks ordered would be promptly brought while a wine ordered was chilling. They came out toghether. Our waiter who had good intentions seemed disorganized and flustered. Our entree's (walleye over squash) were only O.K., overpowered by the squash. Overall, our experience, which had been very good in the past, was only fair to poor this time. It is unlikely that we'll return. There are quite a few choices for fish/seafood that are better in the Chicago area.
- Tin Fish, Tinley Parktabletalk4youDined on 9/8/2014A perfect spot for romantic meal, collegial dining experience, or girls' night out. Wonderful service, libations, and beautifully prepared and plated entrees. Enjoyed the sesame crusted tuna and salmon- will sediment return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TaffyDined on 9/8/2014Food and service always great. Ask for waiter Ryan he will take good care of you .Special Features:
- Great ExperiencegabnmanthaDined on 9/6/2014Tin Fish as a fantastic restaurant for just about any occasion. The service is first class. The food is tremendous! Keep it simple! Just go to Tin Fish and you won't be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the price.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Even with a $50 gift certificate we spent $80. The food was just ok.
- luvtoeatVIPDined on 9/6/2014City prices for a neighborhood restaurant.The food was very tasty but prices very high to bring the whole for an outingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovetoeatDined on 8/30/2014We found the restaurant wonderful it was very warm and comfortable relaxing enjoyable the food was outstanding did not have a bad item the oyster Rockefeller was fabulousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SeafoodSher13Dined on 8/29/2014Tin Fish knows how to prepare seafood. Buffalo shrimp appetizer was amazing as well as the seared scallops.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wrong OrderWrongOrderDined on 8/26/2014Waiter didn't take my order correctly. I kept the dish but was not very satisfied with it.Special Features:
- Good!iluv2eatDined on 8/23/2014I went to Tin Fish for my birthday and my family and I had a good time! We were seated in a timely fashion, and I thoroughly enjoyed my meal. I would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Lunch, but Not My Last OnedlkmeepDined on 8/18/2014Delicious Buffalo Shrimp appetizer, Fresh fish tacos, Iced Tea with lemon wedges, dessert minis and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent RestaurantChicagoWandererDined on 8/16/2014Everything I have heard about Tin Fish is true. The food was wonderful - perfectly cooked and seasoned. The staff went out of their way to make it a good experience in every way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SeafoodBobKVIPDined on 8/10/2014If you want fresh seafood served in a traditional manner or with a unique twist you have to try Tin Fish you will not be disappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service and Food was awesomeRhonBaBrDined on 8/6/2014Had a birthday dinner date with my husband and it was great. Food, Service, they even gave my husband a birthday treat, without me asking. This will be our date nite spot. :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really?OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014I went here because I saw this place on Check Please! It's a Greek Fish house. Oysters Roc had no flavor and were watery. Whitefish had no taste. Was this guy a cook in a nursing home? They put the hot sauce on the table as soon as we got the food. if it was cooked correctly, No sauce would be needed. Will not be going back!
- under our nose findsouthsuburbandinerDined on 8/1/2014Have gone past it a thousand times,finally made open table reservations have found our new sea food place everthing was great from the calamari appetizer to the daily special we had and we can't foreget the coffe and burbon pecan pie,it was easy to tell the entire staff takes great ptide in their work and the dishes they create show it,great place for a semi casual dining experiance!Special Features: