18201 S. Harlem
Tinley Park, IL 60477Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tinfishrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7085320200
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:30pm, Dinner: Monday - Friday: 4:30pm - 9:30pm, Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Tin Fish
A modern version of the 1940 seafood houses of the Atlantic shore, Tin Fish brings a family friendly sophisticated dinner house to the south suburbs of Chicago. Quality is always our first priority; all of our seafood is flown it in six days a week, always carefully inspected and only the highest quality is accepted. Menus are created daily with seasonal offerings from land and sea emphasizing seasonal ingredients for their superior taste and freshness. Our well-stocked wine cellar, selection of fine liquors, scotches and micro brewed beers perfectly compliment our menu. Stop in and see first-hand how Tin Fish brings the sea shore to Tinley Park.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Tin Fish - Best Restaurants in Tinley Park ›
Tin Fish reviews from OpenTable diners
102 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (50)neighborhood gem (50)fit for foodies (47)good for groups (34)notable wine list (20)romantic (19)great for lunch (14)vibrant bar scene (10)kid-friendly (9)late-night find (5)hot spot (4)great for brunch (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014We found the restaurant wonderful it was very warm and comfortable relaxing enjoyable the food was outstanding did not have a bad item the oyster Rockefeller was fabulousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SeafoodSher13Dined on 8/29/2014Tin Fish knows how to prepare seafood. Buffalo shrimp appetizer was amazing as well as the seared scallops.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wrong OrderWrongOrderDined on 8/26/2014Waiter didn't take my order correctly. I kept the dish but was not very satisfied with it.Special Features:
- First Lunch, but Not My Last OnedlkmeepDined on 8/18/2014Delicious Buffalo Shrimp appetizer, Fresh fish tacos, Iced Tea with lemon wedges, dessert minis and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent RestaurantChicagoWandererDined on 8/16/2014Everything I have heard about Tin Fish is true. The food was wonderful - perfectly cooked and seasoned. The staff went out of their way to make it a good experience in every way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SeafoodBobKVIPDined on 8/10/2014If you want fresh seafood served in a traditional manner or with a unique twist you have to try Tin Fish you will not be disappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service and Food was awesomeRhonBaBrDined on 8/6/2014Had a birthday dinner date with my husband and it was great. Food, Service, they even gave my husband a birthday treat, without me asking. This will be our date nite spot. :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really?OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014I went here because I saw this place on Check Please! It's a Greek Fish house. Oysters Roc had no flavor and were watery. Whitefish had no taste. Was this guy a cook in a nursing home? They put the hot sauce on the table as soon as we got the food. if it was cooked correctly, No sauce would be needed. Will not be going back!
- under our nose findsouthsuburbandinerDined on 8/1/2014Have gone past it a thousand times,finally made open table reservations have found our new sea food place everthing was great from the calamari appetizer to the daily special we had and we can't foreget the coffe and burbon pecan pie,it was easy to tell the entire staff takes great ptide in their work and the dishes they create show it,great place for a semi casual dining experiance!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014I have been to Tin Fish many times. I always come back because the food is so exceptional. You can tell the difference in the quality of the fish from most other restaurants. You realize how much of a difference there is when you can eat fresh, high quality fish. In addition, the restaurant seems to retain servers who are experienced and knowledgable about their type of food. They always take the time to fully explain the specials, give their recommendations and answer, even the most basic, questions. We would love to dine here more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConcernedShanzDined on 7/30/2014Found the management disrespectful. Cannot believe how they allow people to speak in the restaurant.
- Dinner Partyloves2dineDined on 7/28/2014I am never disappointed when I dine at Tin Fish. The Buffalo Shrimp are amazing! !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Date Night!SouthSuburbsMomDined on 7/26/2014My husband and I had a terrific dining experience at Tin Fish. The food and service were outstanding. The ambience was also great and really makes this a one of a kind restaurant. We will definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafoodKayaken10Dined on 7/25/2014Great specials and small but quality beer selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early Birthday DinnerlovebirdsDined on 7/24/2014My fiancé & I was celebrating her birthday and it was the perfect venue for our date night! !!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a complete mealmay2Dined on 7/18/2014Too pricey for what you get. 2 lobsters - one good, one rubbery. Steak - thin cut. No soup or salad with entree. Potato or other vegetable, but not both. Not a complete meal.Special Features:
- Great TimeDebbiDined on 7/12/2014My brother and sister-in-law were in from out of town and we ate at Tin Fish. As usual all of our meals were delicious. Our server was knowledgeable, friendly and efficient, even though the place was packed. So nice to have a special place like this in the south suburbs.Special Features:
- A LONG-TIME WINNER!!!Shadow25Dined on 7/12/2014We haven't been to Tin Fish since last year. But we always consider this place when we want a "good piece of fresh fish"...they didn't disappoint!! I will certainly be returning more often. Firstly, the hostess seated us with what we had requested through Open Table for remarks e.g. quiet table, where a/c is not blowing right at us. She more than accommodated this request and asked us if this was what we had in mind. Next, our waiter was a find!! He could be in any downtown restaurant. He knew his fish and he knew his wine, so we were delighted. Wine - perfect! Fish - perfect Serivce - perfect. I want to go back this week!Special Features:
- luv2eatDined on 7/12/2014The food was great. My service was a little slow due to a large party that was taking place in the private dining area. The atmosphere was great. I was there to celebrate my birthday with a party of 10. The prices were moderate but worth it. I will visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SteelbrianDined on 7/7/2014Oysters were fresh. Fish was cooked just right. Been here a few times. Have had more hits than misses. Dessert didnt taste as fresh as I would like.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tin FishBonBonBonDined on 7/3/2014A good dining experience. The food was good. Prefer it to popular downtown Chicago fish restaurant because of ease of parking and no traffic congestion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinealotDined on 7/2/2014I thought the food was very good, but they need more wines by the glass, selection was not good.Special Features:
- Love Tin Fish!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/28/2014Love your restaurant. Food and Service is always great. We've been coming for years and will continue to do so.Special Features:
- Not sure. ...OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/27/2014Tin Fish was not a horrible dining experience however I don't think we will return. It has an air of being a higher end restaurant and truly its not. Food was mediocre as was the bar selection. We felt rushed to get from one course to the other.
- Tin fish - best place for fishdobherDined on 6/27/2014Awesome! We go there at about once a month or more and always look forward to a truly wonderful meal and great drinks and desserts. There is not a better place for fish! The sides are as delicious as the the entree too. The chef does an outstanding job!Special Features:
- Fantastic!!verypleasedDined on 6/21/2014Food was excellent, from appetizers to dessert. Our waiter was great, service great. looking forward to going back with my husband. Didn't have to travel far to find a great dining, great food, great service fresh seafood restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best dining experienceRateitlikeRamsayDined on 6/21/2014We went to Tin Fish for our 6th Anniversary. It was very clean and not crowded at 6:30pm on a Saturday evening. We were immediately greeted by our server and our Calamari was served within 7-8 mins of ordering. The cocktail sauce was vibrant in flavor, as it is made in house. For entrees, we had sautéed scallops with brussel sprouts, shallots, and bacon and a Ribeye and Austrailian twin lobster tail. Scallops were cooked to perfection and seasoned right. The brussel sprouts were absolutely delicious! The steak was cooked as requested, was moist, and soft as butter when cutting. The tail was perfectly cooked and not rubbery. For dessert, we had a a sampler of pecan pie, cheesecake, and creme brûlée. Outstanding! Service = superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the best.Johnnie5Dined on 6/21/2014Usually have great meal. Don't mind higher prices for good food. This time, not good. Didn't have record of my reservation thru open table. Wife's salmon and side dish were cold. I ordered catfish, awful, might as well have gone to a fast food restaurant. Server was ok.
- DisappointedCAtenDined on 6/20/2014I ate at Tin Fish with 3 of my friends before a concert. This is the fifth time eating at Tin Fish...I have had good meals 3 out the 5 times. First experience for my friends and they all enjoyed their entrees - scallops, swordfish, catfish. I did not enjoy the salmon. I would go back, but would not order salmon as both of my bad experiences involved salmon (on of my favorites dishes). Nice restaurant in an area where choices are limited.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Suzanne DakeDake85Dined on 6/15/2014Terrific food...small and cozy...local....a bit expensive but well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charlie33Dined on 6/14/2014The food was excellent. It is a very casual restaurant. Tablecloths would help.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place for dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014My mom & I had a very enjoyable dinner. Everything was very good. The seared tuna appetizer I was very fresh!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still good after all these yearsCitydwellerDined on 6/14/2014It's been quite a few years since we were last here, but Tin Fish still delivers. We were not disappointed. If you are looking for a Great selection of fresh fish, and aren't heading downtown then head to Tin Fish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently great food and serviceTavelalotDined on 6/11/2014Had great salmon flatbread for 1st time; calamari made perfect, Sea Bass fresh & tasty. Knowledgeable wait staff, fast out of the kitchen. Told business customer "anything in the menu is great - true!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Horrible Rude ServerHonestFeeback4UDined on 6/9/2014The food was pretty good. It seemed better last time we were there. The server was rude. When I asked him about one of the specials. He was very rude about it and said, "sir, you aren't understanding, ..." In a loud rude tone. I don't mind spending money on a nice dinner, but not when I have rude service. He rarely came around, especially when he got a larger group table. The couple times he did come around, rather than ask us how everything is. He would say. Everything is tasting good, right and just walk away! He seemed very condasending and robot like. We were dropped off a desert menu and waited over 20 minutes to come back for the order. I asked for the pecan pie and the check so we didn't have to wait long for the check.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceEnjoyedDined on 5/31/2014Food was awesome. Service was some of the best I've had. Only down side was noise level in the dining room. Can't wait to go back and siting the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still the best in the southwestDDinerDined on 5/30/2014Tin Fish is still one of the best restaurants in the southwest suburbs. My wife and I always celebrate our anniversary here and are always pleased by the food and the service. We bring our own special bottle of wine for a $20 corkage fee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great menucdwallDined on 5/30/2014Like the way you can customize your order. The fish is wonderful.Special Features:
- Hidden GemToyaDined on 5/24/2014This was my first time at Tin Fish. The service was great. I enjoyed my appetizer, Oysters Rockerfeller and entree, blackened Mississippi catfish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tinfish is a southside gem!MartyDined on 5/24/2014The staff is extremely knowledgeable and friendly, and the food is awesome. They have great seasonal offerings depending what is available. The food is not cheap, but you definitely get more than what you pay for. Great wine list and the bourbon offerings with Buffalo Trace and Eagle Rare sealed the deal for me.Special Features: