Timpano Italian Chophouse - Tampa
1610 W. Swann Avenue
Tampa, FL 33606Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Timpano Italian Chophouse - Tampa
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.timpanochophouse.net/
- Phone: 8132545870
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm; Bar open late night.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Antoine Ludcene
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Semi Private areas are available. Full Restaurant Buy-outs available
- Private Party Contact: Stephen Hickey 8132545870
- Entertainment: Live Sinatra style jazz entertainment Tuesday thru Saturday starting at 7pm.
A word from Timpano Italian Chophouse - Tampa
Timpano Italian Chophouse is reminiscent of the late 50's early 60's in Chicago & New York with Raw Bar, Martini Bar and Sinatra Bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Timpano Italian Chophouse - Tampa - Best Restaurants in Tampa ›
Timpano Italian Chophouse - Tampa reviews from OpenTable diners
54 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
special occasion (27)neighborhood gem (25)romantic (22)vibrant bar scene (21)fit for foodies (16)good for groups (15)great for outdoor dining (15)hot spot (14)late-night find (12)notable wine list (11)great for lunch (7)great for brunch (6)scenic view (3)Show More
- Above and beyondTampaKreweDined on 10/7/2014I asked Timpanos to have a note on my table for a celebration before I got there, which they did - & they ended my night with a complimentary champagne toast - classy move.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch?PTLaurenDined on 10/5/2014We went there for brunch, but their brunch contained very few items. I like their food and had a great salad but was hoping for an omelet or something along those lines but that was not offered. Not enough variety for a good brunch.Special Features:
- special restaurantDollarbirdDined on 9/18/2014I have been to Timpano's twice now for lunch. I really like their decor and food and wine and service. Modern airy classy. It is a classy setting, not a casual cafe, but not stuffy at all, and the have tasty Italian food on the menu, but also some modern takes, both light and heavy so something for all I think, but not pages of choices to dwell on. I especially like that it is not noisy and boisterous so you can really enjoy talking to those who you are dining with. The food is unique fresh and tasty, a good selection on the lunch menu. I have had soup of the day twice and enjoyed those. The service was excellent the waitress very attentive at all times and helpful. I ordered SHRIMP FRA DIAVOLO and highly recommend that.Special Features:
- Great CelebrationAnniversary!MillieEatsDined on 9/13/2014Yet another wonderful experience at Timpanos! From the ambiance to the service at the bar and in the dining room! Our meal was awesome; clams oreganata in a sizzling skillet, delicious BLT salad and out-of-this-world shrimp fra diavolo! Thank you for the complimentary bubbly and tiramisu! Such a memorable meal, all presented in a classy urban-esque setting with sexy saxophone sounds drifting through the air. Can't wait to return!Special Features:
- Disappointed this timeJohnsonloveDined on 9/13/2014We were extremely disappointed during this visit. We ordered the Sinatra, the eggs were cold,over scrambled, and served on a rusted skillet.
- Great music, great food.TampaChrisDined on 9/6/2014Awesome Jazz band, service and food are consistently great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatplaceDined on 8/31/2014The mussels were incredible! We were here for Sunday Brunch and the food and service were excellent. Very nice atmosphere and nice outdoor patio dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All Around GREAT!!kajoDined on 8/30/2014Was my first time eating at Timpano's....3ill not make it my last:)))Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Resturant in a neighborhoodCharliedogDined on 8/29/2014This Resturant is right in downtown Hyde Park. The service was wonderful. We had the calamari to start which was prepared perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Recently Discovered.OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/23/2014We just discovered Timpano's after purchasing a home nearby. We have been several times since and are never disappointed. Food and service are always great. The bartender make a fabulous Old Fashion.Special Features:
- DisappointingShanandoDined on 8/23/2014With Timpanos being in the heart of SoHo and other classy restaurants around, I would have expected more. The ambience was lacking and after making a reservation that involved celebrating a birthday and anniversary, I would have anticipated a table that wasn't right behind the bar where we could barely hear ourselves. The service was par with a TGI Fridays and the food was nothing exceptional. After having to send some food back because it was inevitable and not being impressed by the rest for the price they charge, I won't be back.
- I love kids but.....CthorsonVIPDined on 8/13/2014Went for a nice glass of wine and a steak and almost got busted eardrums from a table close to me with a temperamental brat and non-caring parents. I wonder how much $$ walked out after 45 minutes of ear-piercing screams from this child and seeing his parents do absolutely nothing. I almost wish the staff would have asked them to go sit outside. Staff and customers were staring constantly as if their stares would entice the parents to say to themselves 'Oh, we're at a very nice restaurant, obviously not a McDonald's playground where kids are expected t be kids and play." Ooh, and my filet (ordered Medium) came out well done. So I had the pleasure to wait longer. Guess I should have left. Went home with a splitting headache. Not a great timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/12/2014Very good food and service, seated right of way, changed table for a boothSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeNickDined on 8/3/2014A great restaurant. The food was awesome the ambience was very nice. Definitely will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RJAFDined on 8/2/2014Nothing but good things to say. The veal was excellent, the wine list has very good selections over all a fine place to enjoy a night out in a great setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerD4tboDined on 8/2/2014This is my third visit to Timpano's when I have visited Tampa, Fl I highly recommend the establishment for its food which is outstanding. The servers have all been excellent and I have no real complaints. The restaurant I visited was in the Historic Hyde Park neighborhood. Loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JessDined on 8/1/2014Loved the bruschetta and meatball appetizers ! Husband and friend's steak was cooked a little too much and they really took care of us to compensate .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What happened?Kdg10Dined on 7/27/2014Timpano used to be sooooo much better. Everything was just "ok" and for the prices I expect a lot more than ok.
- FantasticKTSSDined on 7/26/2014We were looking for good food with a lively atmosphere. We got both PLUS great service. The mussels are amazing as was the veal piccata. I had a filet and it was better than Charleys or Ruths Chris. The bar waitress was about the nicest person on earth! The Host said he had our table but wanted us to have a better one and could we wait 5 min? Awesome. We will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre movie dinnerNursDined on 7/26/2014Mg husband & I dined at Timpano for the first time and were pleasantly surprised at the quality and variety of the menu. From the tuna appetizer to the seafood entry, everything we ordered came out promptly and was incredibly tasty. Our service was excellent. Lively ambiance. We will for sure return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious as always!KmartVIPDined on 7/18/2014Enjoyed a wonderful meal at Timpano's over the weekend!! I would recommend it for a date night atmosphere!Special Features:
- It's going down hillAmbitious1VIPDined on 7/18/2014Used to be my favorite location and not sure how or why the food and service quality has diminished. Calamari was overly fried and the Osso Bucco risotto was undercooked. The waiter was hard to get a hold of and several request went through other waiters. I won't be going back anytime soon unfortunately as I adore the jazz.Special Features:
- What is the point of a reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014The food was very good, the portions were perfect size. It is a little noisy. Biggest thing was that it is a busy place and I made a reservation then waited 15 for a table, and was then seated outside or have to wait longer for a table. What is the point of a reservation if you have to wait for a table then not get one and be seated outside. This is a perfect example of a good place that knows its good and treats people badly.Special Features:
- Wonderful experiencetripdineDined on 7/12/2014Once again we had a wonderful experience. Great table ready when we arrived, crafted cocktails were outstanding. Service was just right, not overdone as we were enjoying catching up with dear friends. Beef Tartar was perfect as well as other apps. Veal was very good and my Scallops were seared perfectly. Music was wonderful and added to a very nice evening out ... Will return again soon!Special Features:
- Way too much noiselynnVIPDined on 7/8/2014The food is good but you can't talk. We had a party of eight and you could not hear or talk to the person who is next to you. Better places to have a dining experience including socialization.
- the mussels!scout47Dined on 7/1/2014We always go there for the salt roasted mussels. They are outstanding and a must have.Special Features:
- too much waiter attentionBostonVIPDined on 6/27/2014But food was good and wife has been twice so third time was also fulfilling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 536 reviews are from the Timpano Italian Chophouse - Tampa reviews archive.
- Order the musselsNotacookVIPDined on 6/20/2014We dine at Timpanos at least twice a month, and the mussels are always on our list of things to order.Special Features:
- Lovely spotLuv2dineDined on 6/14/2014Really nice place. Food and environment was all excellent. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Timpano!FoodieVIPDined on 6/14/2014Even though the noise level can be overbearing, the food and service are always outstanding. Even down to Paul, the valet, who provides exceptional service every time. We love Timpano!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice unhurried lunchDollarbirdDined on 6/13/2014My friend and I enjoyed our first visit to T's. The waitress was very attentive and pleasant. We were not rushing and she didn't hurry us. Food choices were very varied for lunch and we enjoyed our choices, they were tasty, fresh and nice size. The venue is very neat and smart, quieter than some other locations which are smaller inside. It has two walls facing onto the street (on a corner) and that made the interior more pleasant and light to our thinking. I thought the decor quite classy.Special Features:
- CONSISTENTOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 6/9/2014This restaurant never fails to please and is such a treat to visit. We normally go after 1 for a late lunch and it is very relaxing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliably great dinner at TimpanoGearoidinVIPDined on 5/24/2014Our third time and each experience has been great. Food is great, service is good, prices are moderate. One of our go-to places for a reliably great dinner.Special Features:
- Raw baconNevercomplainDined on 5/24/2014They served an ala carte BLT salad for $12 in which the bacon strips were cooked only on one side Service not up to par as well
- WOWSueGDined on 5/18/2014The osso bucco was fabulous....and huge! Butterscotch bread pudding awesome, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad Mothers DayJW48Dined on 5/11/2014Must have been a bad night- Mother's Day. Service was very slow. Server very nice but too many tables to cover. Kitchen botched order. Other food over Cooked and not hot when served. Noise level requires ear plugs. However, staff was apologetic, very polite and gave us one free dinner and a credit on appetizers. Was very good on previous occasions. It was so late, we had to decline offer of free dessert.Special Features:
- Mother's Day at Timpano'sPeggyODined on 5/11/2014Timpano has been one of my favorite restaurants since moving here nine years ago. The food was excellent, and our waitress was wonderfully attentive and served at an enjoyable leisurely pace.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went on a SaturdayGoodItaliaFoodDined on 5/10/2014Really good food, good live entertainment, and great service from friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FeelingsLEETEEDined on 5/10/2014At 6:30 on a Saturday night, and they had NO bottles of non-sparkling water ??? That was terrible for a "nice" restaurant !! Food was OK, not great..... Not an exciting visit for my family !! Who loves good restaurants --- BERN'S, Capital Grill, Morton's....Special Features:
- Slow and sloppyKrisVIPDined on 5/3/2014wW sat at the table for 15 min before anyone attended , no greeting, and messed up appetizer orders. It's so loud in there that you have to scream at the person sitting next to you in order to converse. Sloppy sloppy sloppy service.