Timpano Italian Chophouse - Rockville
12021 Rockville Pike
Rockville, MD 20852Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Timpano Italian Chophouse - Rockville
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.timpanochophouse.net/
- Phone: (301) 881-6939
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Seven days a week: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Executive Chef Jerome Dorsch
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We do Private Banquets from 20 to 250. Call and speak to our Sales & Catering Manager, Stevy Brown; 301-881-6939
- Special Events: Happy Hour every day from 4-7
Ladies Night Thursday All night
A word from Timpano Italian Chophouse - Rockville
Reminiscent of the classic restaurants & clubs of Chicago & New York in the late fifties & early sixties, Timpano Italian Chophouse revives the big city dining experience. A selection of full-bodied red wines compliment big flavor steaks & chops. Chef Jerome Dorsch's culinary creativity offers featured dishes including bone-in Filet Mignon, Strip Steaks & one pound Center Cut Pork Chops prepared in the exhibition kitchen. The Starlight Lounge provide comfortable sofa seating, a fireplace, a baby grand piano & premium pour cocktails. Timpano Chophouse is designed to satisfy a variety of dining needs and appetites from power lunches to intimate romantic dinners & the many occasions in between!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Timpano Italian Chophouse - Rockville reviews from OpenTable diners
46 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (23)good for groups (21)romantic (15)fit for foodies (12)notable wine list (8)neighborhood gem (8)great for lunch (7)vibrant bar scene (6)hot spot (2)late-night find (2)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- SuprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/23/2014The restaurant is very large with a warehouse feel to it. The serving portions were large and beautiful. The staff seemed new and young but attentive. I had a steak and it was cooked perfectly. There are many choices for steaks and toppings. I chose the Blu Cheese and it was very good. The best part was saved for last. A huge chocolate chip cookie cooked in your own private pan. It is topped with more chocolate and ice cream. Double yum. They also have a decent wine list with the usual suspects. A bit of a secret in a strip mall. Was suprized at how nice it was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AldoDined on 11/15/2014Food was excellent, mussels terrific. The wine service did not measure up...the reisling needs to be chilled, and at our request it was sent back and chilled. The server over filled the wine glasses, a fussy detail admittedly, but if one enjoys wine only an ounce or 2 works. Turns out the server was in training but the trainer may not have been paying attention to those details. The trainee was cooperative and pleasant about meeting our expectations as we made her aware.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not just a chophouseMsOolongDined on 11/8/2014You might come for steak, but you will leave wanting to come back for the fire roasted mussels. The food is first rate and the service is very good. Since the space is so large sound carries and is at times hard to hear conversation at your own table. They have a large selection of wines and the staff is knowledgeable about pairing. You will enjoy as a couple or a group, but not for the little ones.Special Features:
- Great food and servicemrsfoodie2Dined on 11/8/2014A small group of us went to Timpano's this past weekend. It was the first time for myself, but everyone else was a repeat customer. The meal was truly amazing. Each course was timed perfectly so you never felt rushed and the staff was very attentive and friendly. The steak was cooked just as ordered and did not disappoint. I look forward to going back for dinner again and trying a new dish or getting the same one. The only downside for me were the mixed drink specials. A little pricey and nothing to write home about. Not to mention they were out of a few key ingredients that night for some of the drinks we wanted to try. Next time I will most likely go with wine as they had a great selection available.Special Features:
- Too LoudDWaltersDined on 10/23/2014A very nice restaurant if you are going with a crowd but definately not the spot for a quiet romantic dinner. It was so loud I could not hear the server telling me about the specials and still have no idea what I had. I must say it was fantastic though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tip your hat to TimpanoselectivedinerVIPDined on 10/22/2014Timpano is a go to place when I am in town. Their menu is expansive and the environment is warm. Service is thoughtful. My reservation noted the occasion we were celebrating and the staff congratulated the newly engaged couple when we came in. They also beautifully dripped the words "congratulations" in chocolate on the dessert plate. My only wishes are to use decent sized shrimp when ordered as a salad topping and to bring back the tower of desserts on a stick. I look forward to my next visit soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A versatile go-to spotEmilyEatsDined on 10/12/2014Timpano's atmosphere and decor is similar to the Cheesecake Factory, but a little nicer. Its definitely fancy enough for a nice dinner date, but I'd also feel comfortable having brunch there. The food is always good in my experience. Would recommend for big groups-- they even have a separate dining room you can reserve.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last time in Timpano...regrettably.agradVIPDined on 10/4/2014Timpano used to be one of our favorite places for dinner. Last two experiences were complete disappointments. We had dinner yesterday - I've ordered pasta Shrimp Diavolo which supposed to have pine nuts and goat cheese, none were present, shrimps where (you could taste it) frozen few minutes before they were served. Veal and wild mushrooms rigatoni dish was absolutely tasteless and we left it on the table practically untouched. The specials mahi-mahi was really good and all of us took bites from this dish. All-in-all it's the last time in Timpano...regrettably. P.S. We learned restaurant had changed chef a year ago...
- Thank You!Byrdgyrl04Dined on 10/3/2014We went here for my mother's birthday and had an amazing time. The food is always amazing and cooked perfectly, and the deserts taste delicious as well. I am glad that they have lighter dessert options as after that mouthwatering steak, it is nice to have something not so heavy as rich chocolate cake, although my sister got a piece and it was oh so decadent. If you have not been, you should go soon!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No flavor...BrewbakerDined on 9/27/2014Went with friends (6 total) everyone thought the food was very plan tasting and really lacked flavor! All of us got different dishes and all were very disappointed with the quality... I could have just warmed up noodles for a can and had better tasting food for much much less... (If I could I would have given zero stars for food)
- Disappointing this timeDaphneMarigoldDined on 9/18/2014I hadn't been to Timpano's in a while and welcomed the opportunity to try it again. This time the visit was disappointing. First of all, it was freezing cold in the restaurant, and we changed seats several times to try to find a comfortable spot. The food was OK, but just OK. For example, every bite of the chopped salad tasted exactly the same since the dressing was so powerful that it overwhelmed everything else. Nothing was first rate, and the menu is a bit pricy. Finally, the server was new and very nervous and made a number of mistakes, but she was very sweet and tried hard, so I don't take off points for that. Over all, I wouldn't rush back.
- Nice timeHazochDined on 9/3/2014We took our son for his birthday. Food and service were very good. A little pricey, but we were there for a special occasion so it was ok. Got a big piece of dessert cake, on the house, for his birthday. Overall, a good experience.Special Features:
- Awful foodNCollinsDined on 8/23/2014While it was a later reservation on a Saturday night, the quality of the food was awful. The calamari appetizer was bad - felt like chewing rubber bands. The mozzarella balls were very good. Two out of the three entrees were bad. The crispy chicken was not crispy and bordered on being fully cooked. We order the special and that was a big mistake. The risotto was supposed to have crab and lobster and it didn't - waiter brought out a plate of it and said the chef forgot it. The fish was very overcooked and unedible. After discussing with the server who was very apologetic, the manager came over and adjusted from bill but no additional comments or apologies. Will not return and will not recommend.
- Great potential, poor deliverynamoboDined on 8/21/2014Website promised reasonably priced quality food in a quiet, relaxing place, so we reserved. Reality had none of the promised features. An otherwise attractive dining area is surrounded overhead by what can only be described as a "convention arena," full of raucous noisome conventioneers. Relentless, obnoxious sound dampened any possibility of a well executed, but surprisingly expensive meal. Complaints were ignored. Waitress was unique -- she never once returned to inquire about meal or service! The lowest rated restaurant previously visited had servers trained to this minimal courtesy. Decor (other than the truly stupid balcony) & food have potential; prices don't resemble what website promises. Overall a severe disappointment.
- A quiet Birhday celebration!HerbfromRockvilleDined on 8/14/2014Making the reservations online was easy. We needed a "Handicap" parking space and they were available. Reception and service were great. We started with 'Forever Young' cocktails, which we drank while consuming a side dish of 'Calamari'. Both were outstanding. Food (Diablo shrimp/Prime sirloin) were tasty and plentiful. However, my Veal Marsala, served with very tasty mushrooms, tomato sauce, etc., seemed rubbery and tough. Each of us choose a different type of dessert, which were tasty. 'Skillet cookie' was a good treat for diabetic son. Our daughter was presented a piece of cake with two candles burning. Thanks. The prices for the side dishes (two types of potatoes, broccoli),seemed a bit steep. Otherwise a real nice evening.Special Features:
- We'll be backDiningOutDined on 8/9/2014Great place for a special dinner for two. Order the roasted mussels as an appetizer. The food is exactly what we were hoping for, and the service was excellent.Special Features:
- The following 895 reviews are from the Timpano Italian Chophouse - Rockville reviews archive.
- arshVIPDined on 7/26/2014Over priced for quality of food no Music in the restaurant very raw environment do not recommend it .
- DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/26/2014I has been a year since we went to Timpano's and with company in town, they wanted to eat at Timpano's again, as last time it was superb. This time, it was not even near the same standards food wise this place use to be. Appetizer of Fried Mozzarella Balls was poor to average - Mama Lucia's version up in Gaithersburg is far superior. Steaks used to be melt in your mouth but now it is just a good steak - but with higher prices. Found out back home that my wife's meal was lukewarm at best. I always tell her not to accept food like that. If I would have known, I would have sent it back and had them re-fire another plate. And being a Saturday night, I would have thought they would have some live music, but not this Saturday.
- Excellent as usualmcgwuireVIPDined on 7/24/2014I've been going to Timpano's for a few years and as usual, the service was solid and the food was excellent.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/9/2014Good job. Service was great!! The waiter was very polite and attentive. Great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible!TotalFoodieDined on 7/4/20144 of us ventured here with hopes of a wonderful dinner. Our food was cold, the bread was hard, the waitress was not friendly or personable at all. Never again.
- FaireatersVIPDined on 6/18/2014Veal chop was fair. Shrimp was good. Chicken was tough. Service very good. It's a large room so that the noise level is pretty loud. Lunch is probably a better idea.Special Features:
- Great Place!petitegirl03Dined on 6/15/2014This place has such great food and a very nice atmosphere that makes it so nice to eat here. Though it may not be outstanding all the time I think it still is one of my preferred places to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceedingly AverageLBandDAOVIPDined on 6/13/2014Wouldn't rush back. The restaurant was extremely hot inside, which really put a damper on dinner. The bottle of wine we ordered, while good, was also way too warm. The flatbread was nice and crunchy, but the crust couldn't stand up to the hunks of sausage (sliced or crumbled would have worked better) and the quantity of sage dumped in the middle of the flatbread was overpowering. I had the scallops, which were good - although when they say "sweet polenta," they really mean it. The chicken parm my husband ordered was soggy, and it seemed like the chicken had been pre-cut and breaded.
- Disappointed2tired2cookVIPDined on 6/13/2014We had not been to Timpano's in a few years, but had previously been impressed. Not so anymore. The service was very good but with respects to the food, the best part of the dinner were the hot rolls. Everything else was mediocre at best with exception of the sautéed mushrooms which were very good. For the price of the meals, the quality should have been significantly higher. We will not return nor would we recommend it to others as it currently stands.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantTheOnlyLBDined on 6/8/2014I remembered Timpano a few years back as a great evening bar. This visit was for a birthday celebration that went above imagination! The cocktails and roasted mussels were perfect and the entrees were extremely well mastered and plentiful. And the server was outstanding, she sets a standard! ( Sorry I can't remember her name )I will be planning another small personal event very soon and Timpano is at the top of my list.Special Features:
- Great food - Service marginalAj7841VIPDined on 6/7/2014Food was great and a bit on the higher dollar so the expectation was high. Service however was excellent at the door and they noted the vegan need in our party but the waitress seemed disinterested, dripped wine alll over the table and other areas of the cloth with no care for the expensive bottle. She was not interested in selling the specials or describing items - when asked for a recommendation etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HelenDined on 6/5/2014Good food and service, great menu selection. The place was freezing. Powerful overhead vents pumped icy-cold air all over. Our group had to ask twice until the temperature was raised and the air flow became less offensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/4/2014TOM our server really took good care of us. He made us feel so special and welcome, esp this is our first time!KUDOS!!FOOD IS SUPERB .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TimpanosCountrygirlDined on 6/3/2014Enjoyed a family evening with good food and friendly atmosphere. Food was excellent, portions large.Special Features:
- Consistently SatisfiedDandReeDined on 6/2/2014We were well pleased with our 2nd meal (early dinner) at Timpano's. Stefano provided excellent service and was very attentive to our needs. Our only disappointment was our favorite Napa cab was out of stock.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible Scallops!CoupleofLocalsDined on 5/30/2014The Pan Seared Sea Scallops were absolutely the best I've ever had. Very tender and the flavor of the lobster cream sauce was magnificent! Great meal!Special Features:
- Superb dining experience !OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/23/2014I love Timpanos. The service is always excellent, the food is delicious. All courses are great and their menu has significant variety. I highly recommend.Special Features:
- RandyVIPDined on 5/17/2014The martinis were well prepared as were the 4 cheese flatbread and the ceasar and chopped salads. Just the right amount of dressing and cheese. The scallops and polenta were excellently prepared as was the baked eggplant. We will certainly return!Special Features:
- Chain restaurant ahead of the packJohn33Dined on 5/17/2014Timpano Italian Chop House provides a dining experience that is above other chain Italian restaurants - including Olive Garden, Macaroni Grill and Carrabbas. Very good appetizers, main courses and deserts, but a bit on the expensive side. Ala carte adds to the expense, and the wines by the bottle and glass are a bit pricey. Having the surrounding balcony service adds to the noise. But, overall service is good and food delicious.Special Features:
- Perfect for a special dinnerLynnDined on 5/16/2014We arrived earlier that our reservation called for, however were seated immediately and without fuss. Server was very informative and pleasant. The meal was enjoyed over a two hour time span, which was a perfect pace to be able to enjoy everything without racing through courses. A nice relaxed evening, with outstanding food. The Tuscan flatbread had a little heat to it without being over powering. The meatballs were moist and tender, just like homemade. The veal was melt in your mouth delicious. Topped off with great coffee, a port wine and some sorbet. We love this place.Special Features:
- Good food and good for kidsMdDinerDined on 5/14/2014My husband and I love to go to Timpanos for special occasions. We love the muscles and their side items. The main courses are very good as well. This was the first time we brought our young kids. It was perfect for them. Nice kids menu and selections for them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mike CMichaelDined on 5/11/2014Nice time for Mother's Day Thank you for the good serviceSpecial Features:
- DisappointingDonnaBVIPDined on 5/11/2014This place is usually so good; I was surprised since it wasn't overly crowded at Mother's Day lunch at about 1:30. But everything seemed off on this special day. Don't hold this against them. They are usually spot-on great!
- AwesomecrabappleDined on 5/11/2014This place was great, the table was ready as soon as we stepped in (after reserving from opentable). The staff was very pleasant and food was of the 'HIGHEST QUALITY'. We did not have to wait long for food. Definitely recommend.Special Features: