Timpano Italian Chophouse - Rockville
12021 Rockville Pike
Rockville, MD 20852Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Timpano Italian Chophouse - Rockville
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.timpanochophouse.net/
- Phone: 3018816939x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Seven days a week: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Executive Chef Jerome Dorsch
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We do Private Banquets from 20 to 250. Call and speak to our Sales & Catering Manager, Stevy Brown; 301-881-6939
- Special Events: Happy Hour every day from 4-7
Ladies Night Thursday All night
A word from Timpano Italian Chophouse - Rockville
Reminiscent of the classic restaurants & clubs of Chicago & New York in the late fifties & early sixties, Timpano Italian Chophouse revives the big city dining experience. A selection of full-bodied red wines compliment big flavor steaks & chops. Chef Jerome Dorsch's culinary creativity offers featured dishes including bone-in Filet Mignon, Strip Steaks & one pound Center Cut Pork Chops prepared in the exhibition kitchen. The Starlight Lounge provide comfortable sofa seating, a fireplace, a baby grand piano & premium pour cocktails. Timpano Chophouse is designed to satisfy a variety of dining needs and appetites from power lunches to intimate romantic dinners & the many occasions in between!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Timpano Italian Chophouse - Rockville - Best Restaurants in Rockville ›
Timpano Italian Chophouse - Rockville reviews from OpenTable diners
57 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (26)good for groups (18)fit for foodies (15)romantic (15)great for lunch (12)notable wine list (8)vibrant bar scene (7)neighborhood gem (6)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (3)late-night find (2)hot spot (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Disappointing this timeDaphneMarigoldDined on 9/18/2014I hadn't been to Timpano's in a while and welcomed the opportunity to try it again. This time the visit was disappointing. First of all, it was freezing cold in the restaurant, and we changed seats several times to try to find a comfortable spot. The food was OK, but just OK. For example, every bite of the chopped salad tasted exactly the same since the dressing was so powerful that it overwhelmed everything else. Nothing was first rate, and the menu is a bit pricy. Finally, the server was new and very nervous and made a number of mistakes, but she was very sweet and tried hard, so I don't take off points for that. Over all, I wouldn't rush back.
- Nice timeHazochDined on 9/3/2014We took our son for his birthday. Food and service were very good. A little pricey, but we were there for a special occasion so it was ok. Got a big piece of dessert cake, on the house, for his birthday. Overall, a good experience.Special Features:
- Awful foodNCollinsDined on 8/23/2014While it was a later reservation on a Saturday night, the quality of the food was awful. The calamari appetizer was bad - felt like chewing rubber bands. The mozzarella balls were very good. Two out of the three entrees were bad. The crispy chicken was not crispy and bordered on being fully cooked. We order the special and that was a big mistake. The risotto was supposed to have crab and lobster and it didn't - waiter brought out a plate of it and said the chef forgot it. The fish was very overcooked and unedible. After discussing with the server who was very apologetic, the manager came over and adjusted from bill but no additional comments or apologies. Will not return and will not recommend.
- Great potential, poor deliverynamoboDined on 8/21/2014Website promised reasonably priced quality food in a quiet, relaxing place, so we reserved. Reality had none of the promised features. An otherwise attractive dining area is surrounded overhead by what can only be described as a "convention arena," full of raucous noisome conventioneers. Relentless, obnoxious sound dampened any possibility of a well executed, but surprisingly expensive meal. Complaints were ignored. Waitress was unique -- she never once returned to inquire about meal or service! The lowest rated restaurant previously visited had servers trained to this minimal courtesy. Decor (other than the truly stupid balcony) & food have potential; prices don't resemble what website promises. Overall a severe disappointment.
- A quiet Birhday celebration!HerbfromRockvilleDined on 8/14/2014Making the reservations online was easy. We needed a "Handicap" parking space and they were available. Reception and service were great. We started with 'Forever Young' cocktails, which we drank while consuming a side dish of 'Calamari'. Both were outstanding. Food (Diablo shrimp/Prime sirloin) were tasty and plentiful. However, my Veal Marsala, served with very tasty mushrooms, tomato sauce, etc., seemed rubbery and tough. Each of us choose a different type of dessert, which were tasty. 'Skillet cookie' was a good treat for diabetic son. Our daughter was presented a piece of cake with two candles burning. Thanks. The prices for the side dishes (two types of potatoes, broccoli),seemed a bit steep. Otherwise a real nice evening.Special Features:
- We'll be backDiningOutDined on 8/9/2014Great place for a special dinner for two. Order the roasted mussels as an appetizer. The food is exactly what we were hoping for, and the service was excellent.Special Features:
- arshVIPDined on 7/26/2014Over priced for quality of food no Music in the restaurant very raw environment do not recommend it .
- DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/26/2014I has been a year since we went to Timpano's and with company in town, they wanted to eat at Timpano's again, as last time it was superb. This time, it was not even near the same standards food wise this place use to be. Appetizer of Fried Mozzarella Balls was poor to average - Mama Lucia's version up in Gaithersburg is far superior. Steaks used to be melt in your mouth but now it is just a good steak - but with higher prices. Found out back home that my wife's meal was lukewarm at best. I always tell her not to accept food like that. If I would have known, I would have sent it back and had them re-fire another plate. And being a Saturday night, I would have thought they would have some live music, but not this Saturday.
- Excellent as usualmcgwuireVIPDined on 7/24/2014I've been going to Timpano's for a few years and as usual, the service was solid and the food was excellent.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/9/2014Good job. Service was great!! The waiter was very polite and attentive. Great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible!TotalFoodieDined on 7/4/20144 of us ventured here with hopes of a wonderful dinner. Our food was cold, the bread was hard, the waitress was not friendly or personable at all. Never again.
- FaireatersVIPDined on 6/18/2014Veal chop was fair. Shrimp was good. Chicken was tough. Service very good. It's a large room so that the noise level is pretty loud. Lunch is probably a better idea.Special Features:
- Great Place!petitegirl03Dined on 6/15/2014This place has such great food and a very nice atmosphere that makes it so nice to eat here. Though it may not be outstanding all the time I think it still is one of my preferred places to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceedingly AverageLBandDAOVIPDined on 6/13/2014Wouldn't rush back. The restaurant was extremely hot inside, which really put a damper on dinner. The bottle of wine we ordered, while good, was also way too warm. The flatbread was nice and crunchy, but the crust couldn't stand up to the hunks of sausage (sliced or crumbled would have worked better) and the quantity of sage dumped in the middle of the flatbread was overpowering. I had the scallops, which were good - although when they say "sweet polenta," they really mean it. The chicken parm my husband ordered was soggy, and it seemed like the chicken had been pre-cut and breaded.
- Disappointed2tired2cookVIPDined on 6/13/2014We had not been to Timpano's in a few years, but had previously been impressed. Not so anymore. The service was very good but with respects to the food, the best part of the dinner were the hot rolls. Everything else was mediocre at best with exception of the sautéed mushrooms which were very good. For the price of the meals, the quality should have been significantly higher. We will not return nor would we recommend it to others as it currently stands.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantTheOnlyLBDined on 6/8/2014I remembered Timpano a few years back as a great evening bar. This visit was for a birthday celebration that went above imagination! The cocktails and roasted mussels were perfect and the entrees were extremely well mastered and plentiful. And the server was outstanding, she sets a standard! ( Sorry I can't remember her name )I will be planning another small personal event very soon and Timpano is at the top of my list.Special Features:
- Great food - Service marginalAj7841VIPDined on 6/7/2014Food was great and a bit on the higher dollar so the expectation was high. Service however was excellent at the door and they noted the vegan need in our party but the waitress seemed disinterested, dripped wine alll over the table and other areas of the cloth with no care for the expensive bottle. She was not interested in selling the specials or describing items - when asked for a recommendation etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HelenDined on 6/5/2014Good food and service, great menu selection. The place was freezing. Powerful overhead vents pumped icy-cold air all over. Our group had to ask twice until the temperature was raised and the air flow became less offensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/4/2014TOM our server really took good care of us. He made us feel so special and welcome, esp this is our first time!KUDOS!!FOOD IS SUPERB .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TimpanosCountrygirlDined on 6/3/2014Enjoyed a family evening with good food and friendly atmosphere. Food was excellent, portions large.Special Features:
- Consistently SatisfiedDandReeDined on 6/2/2014We were well pleased with our 2nd meal (early dinner) at Timpano's. Stefano provided excellent service and was very attentive to our needs. Our only disappointment was our favorite Napa cab was out of stock.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible Scallops!CoupleofLocalsDined on 5/30/2014The Pan Seared Sea Scallops were absolutely the best I've ever had. Very tender and the flavor of the lobster cream sauce was magnificent! Great meal!Special Features:
- The following 879 reviews are from the Timpano Italian Chophouse - Rockville reviews archive.
- Superb dining experience !OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/23/2014I love Timpanos. The service is always excellent, the food is delicious. All courses are great and their menu has significant variety. I highly recommend.Special Features:
- RandyVIPDined on 5/17/2014The martinis were well prepared as were the 4 cheese flatbread and the ceasar and chopped salads. Just the right amount of dressing and cheese. The scallops and polenta were excellently prepared as was the baked eggplant. We will certainly return!Special Features:
- Chain restaurant ahead of the packJohn33Dined on 5/17/2014Timpano Italian Chop House provides a dining experience that is above other chain Italian restaurants - including Olive Garden, Macaroni Grill and Carrabbas. Very good appetizers, main courses and deserts, but a bit on the expensive side. Ala carte adds to the expense, and the wines by the bottle and glass are a bit pricey. Having the surrounding balcony service adds to the noise. But, overall service is good and food delicious.Special Features:
- Perfect for a special dinnerLynnDined on 5/16/2014We arrived earlier that our reservation called for, however were seated immediately and without fuss. Server was very informative and pleasant. The meal was enjoyed over a two hour time span, which was a perfect pace to be able to enjoy everything without racing through courses. A nice relaxed evening, with outstanding food. The Tuscan flatbread had a little heat to it without being over powering. The meatballs were moist and tender, just like homemade. The veal was melt in your mouth delicious. Topped off with great coffee, a port wine and some sorbet. We love this place.Special Features:
- Good food and good for kidsMdDinerDined on 5/14/2014My husband and I love to go to Timpanos for special occasions. We love the muscles and their side items. The main courses are very good as well. This was the first time we brought our young kids. It was perfect for them. Nice kids menu and selections for them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mike CMichaelDined on 5/11/2014Nice time for Mother's Day Thank you for the good serviceSpecial Features:
- DisappointingDonnaBVIPDined on 5/11/2014This place is usually so good; I was surprised since it wasn't overly crowded at Mother's Day lunch at about 1:30. But everything seemed off on this special day. Don't hold this against them. They are usually spot-on great!
- AwesomecrabappleDined on 5/11/2014This place was great, the table was ready as soon as we stepped in (after reserving from opentable). The staff was very pleasant and food was of the 'HIGHEST QUALITY'. We did not have to wait long for food. Definitely recommend.Special Features:
- Fallen so far..flavor1stVIPDined on 5/11/2014Used to love Timpano's. Stopped coming when quality dropped. Went for Mother's day. The OpenTable special announced a $28 mother's day brunch. Next day, I received an email saying that "something may have been wrong" with the information provided, and the corrected information was in the email. Except it wasn't. Online, I found a Timpano's Mother's day ad (which I think was for the Rockville location, but *may* have been for another city- I won't claim to remember- and saw that the same brunch was advertised, but at $35. Arrive at 11:25 for an 11:30 reservation. They won't seat us until 11:30. A crowd grows. They start seating at 11:29, after waiting guests no longer fit in the entry. Server was fine. Food tasted frozen and reheated. Bleh.
- The night the music diedmarshalhymanVIPDined on 5/10/2014The food and service were good but please bring back the Saturday night music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, but noisy.RichardDined on 5/10/2014Food was great. Service was a little slow. The acoustics of the restaurant are not very good. Had to speak with a raised voice in order to be heard at the table throughout dinner. It never got better. We have been there before and sat upstairs which doesn't seem as bad.Special Features:
- Excellent service, rest was ok, $$$DaveboDined on 5/10/2014Service was very good - very attentive, served with proper ettiquette and flow, waitstaff was very friendly and accommodating. Unfortunately the food doesn't seem to measure up to the service level, or the price. For two adults, two drinks each, appetizer, entree, and dessert - the bill with tip came to about $200. This is high for a restaurant of no particular draw in the middle of a parking lot off 355. Quality very good but the menu is basic; nothing unique you couldn't get at any other italian themed eatery or at home. Decoration and ambience are good, but not a wow. Odd choice of urban/dance music during evening (?). Good overall, but others similar restaurants are in the area with great service and food for less $.Special Features:
- luv2dineVIPDined on 5/6/2014Mussels were great. Reasonably priced. We were there during the week in the early evening so it was relatively quite. The bar was not busy and there was no evening entertainment. Pasta dishes were good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ErodErodDined on 5/3/2014I can always count on this restaurant when it comes to entertaining friends, potential clients, and yes my girlfriend as well as the food is great and the staff is always friendly and on the ball. Great place for lunch but I prefer it best for dinner.Special Features:
- Mature crowds onlyLoveWineDined on 4/25/2014Nice ambience, very mature clientele. Bar is fun and offers a live bandSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/22/2014If you like mussels, you have to have them. They are roasted and absolutely delicious!Special Features:
- Not so great this time.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/21/2014We have had dinner at Timpano's several times, usually we really enjoy it. This time was not so great. Veal marsala was tough and almost rubbery. My husband ordered his steak medium rare. The top half of the steak was cooked medium well and the bottom half was close to raw. Didn't really seem to balance out as medium rare. Service was speed demon fast. Great if you're in a hurry, not so great if you want to have a chance to talk and enjoy the meal.
- Great place for dinnerHavesomeDined on 4/18/2014Met up with some old friends to meet their new baby and to get caught up and this place was perfectly located between our houses. The service was prompt and professional. The wait staff was attentive but not overly instrusive. Try the muscles...they are awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.