Timpano Italian Chophouse - Orlando
7488 West Sand Lake Rd.
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Timpano Italian Chophouse - Orlando
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.timpanochophouse.net/
- Phone: 4072480429
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am – 4:00pm Dinner: Sunday-Thursday 4:00 pm-10:00pm and Friday-Saturday 4:00pm-11:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Italian, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Michael Rodriguez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Timpano Italian Chophouse has 4 private dining rooms with seating for 10 to 80 guest's available. Semi-Private area seating for a capacity of 30 is also available.
- Private Party Contact: Shamina Reyes 8886830930
- Entertainment: Live Sinatra style Jazz music Tuesday - Saturday 6:00pm to close
A word from Timpano Italian Chophouse - Orlando
Timpano Italian Chophouse is a big city Chophouse featuring steaks, chops,pastas, seafood & live entertainment.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Timpano Italian Chophouse - Orlando reviews from OpenTable diners
- Why can't we be seated in a booth?OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 12/31/2012We were seated at a bar table and told all the booths were booked. We were there 2 hours and over 50% of the booths were never filled. We will not book thru open table again when we want a booth and will call the restaurant directly. We sat at booth on thanksgiving weekend and the ambiance was totally different and booth is right for special occasionSpecial Features:
- We had a wonderful experienceKathyDined on 12/29/2012We had a wonderful experience at Timpano's. Service was very attentive. Food was great, large portions too!Special Features:
- The food and service is alwaysTimHDined on 12/28/2012The food and service is always reliable at Timpano but the accoustics are not to my liking. In the evening there is music in the bar which is great but it spills over to the dining room too loud and makes conversation difficult. So, it comes down to what you are looking for - music great, food very good, service very good but difficult to converse.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/23/2012Strong recommendation by our resort concierge and previous good reviews on Open Table sent us here. We are early diners, so there was really no excuse for the lag in service except perhaps the inexperience of the server. Appetizer (carpaccio) was wonderful. My spouse's veal piccata was good, but my shrimp fra diavlo was disappointing,probably because the server's description did not match the actual dish. Wine list extensive, but they could not find our first two choices. Best part came from very attentive valet parking staff. I would not go back.Special Features:
- A little PriceyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/15/2012Really enjoyed the night out with friends, our experience was great from the service to the food. Our only issue was the cost. We were not aware that everything was ala cart, so when budgeting for this night and to find this out was a little hard on the wallet. But thanks for a great night anyway..... :)Special Features:
- Wonderful on every front!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/13/2012We were there on 12/13- Have the mussels!Food was delicious, service was wonderful, ambience was nice.A nice grown-up break from WDW and well worth the short driveFrom the resort!Special Features:
- I travel to Orlando severalOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/11/2012I travel to Orlando several times a year and make it apoint to reserve a table here - the food has always been great.Special Features:
- Loved this Resturant sorryDorothyDined on 12/5/2012Loved this Resturant sorry that darden bought the chain, then closed it.Special Features:
- Filet was overcooked, RisottoOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/24/2012Filet was overcooked, Risotto undercooked, one of the Managers was very inpolite, the other tried to accommodate. Waitress was young, polite but inexperienced, and needs training. The fact that the owners just recently changed is obvious. This was always one of our favorite spots! Too sad!Special Features:
- Little disappointed with meal,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/24/2012Little disappointed with meal, crispy lemon chicken was very blan this trip, the rosemary and seasoning was not tasteful this time, mayb bad night for chefSpecial Features:
- Place was mediocre. Went forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2012Place was mediocre. Went for Thanksgiving and it was horrible. They are charging $40 for a choice steak when there is a Ruth Chris across the street.
- Did Thanksgiving dinner there--theOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/22/2012Did Thanksgiving dinner there--the Italian version was incredible. Best polenta ever. Don't miss the mussels appetizer, incredibly flavorful.Special Features:
- Defines awesome.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/22/2012Will continue to come back! Awesome jazz music! Best live music in area!Special Features:
- It is more than a chophouseMandMDined on 11/13/2012It is more than a chophouse although the filet mignon was terrific. We were pleasantly surprised at the breadth of the menu. Service was friendly and professional. We will return.Special Features:
- It had been six years sinceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/12/2012It had been six years since we dined at this restaurant...and have to say...it was justas good.Special Features:
- Undercooked/OvercookedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/8/2012My order was switched with another table and I got an undercooked steak…took more than 25 minutes to fix it…I got back an overcooked piece of meat almost when my other friends were finishing there meal…a restaurant of such level should not have this type of mistakes. The plate was deducted from the bill but that was not the reason of my visit. Attention to details is vital Thank you
- Lunch with work colleagues....foodOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/8/2012Lunch with work colleagues....food was OK - even though hot meals weren't very hot. Only about 4 other tables occupied. Service was pleasant but way too slow.
- My husband and I celebratedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/7/2012My husband and I celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary here. It was perfect! We really enjoyed the live music in the lounge area - soft and appropriate. The service was great! The food was delicious and well presented. I would love their recipe for polenta. It was a great special occasion restaurant. Too bad we are from out of town. We wish there was a restaurant like this where we live.Special Features:
- Everything was simply fantastic.TomTuttleDined on 11/5/2012Everything was simply fantastic. Highly recommend this restaurant. My wife and I celebrated our anniversary and they made it a truly memorable experience from the food, service, and ambiance.Special Features:
- Lovely evening in a local resturantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/31/2012We planned to sit in the lounge and listen to the jazz before heading to the dinning room for dinner at seven. We enjoyed the lounge area and music so much that we stayed there for dinner. The food was very good and the music was wonderful. The vocalist Michelle Amato is very friendly as well as talented.
- The food was mediocre andOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/27/2012The food was mediocre and too expensive for its value. The service was okay. We did get seated promptly and it was nice and relaxing with piano music.Special Features:
- Service was great! (FromOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/23/2012Service was great! (From the valet service, serveres, chefs, and managers) The food was excellent and wine list was pretty good. Only one drawback, The place was very busy and the acoustics create an atmophere were it becomes hard to hold a conversation with even the person next to you. So not so great for a quiet date, but for everything else it was great.Special Features:
- Top shelf food, service andOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/20/2012Top shelf food, service and quality. Do not hesitate to add this restraurant to your list.Special Features:
- Excellent food and fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/13/2012Excellent food and fantastic service! Definitely a must if your visiting Florida and want a change from the typical food chain'sSpecial Features:
- service needs to improveOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/7/2012the server was inexperienced and made several mistakes.
- Food was delicious and theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/5/2012Food was delicious and the service was outstanding. It was a bit noisy and it was hard to talk with everyone at the table. But we enjoyed our meals and our company. We'll come back again.Special Features:
- Excellent food, wine and service,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/5/2012Excellent food, wine and service, really enjoyed the whole dining experience.Special Features:
- Excellent service and foodPaulaDined on 9/29/2012Excellent service and food great waiter, FranciscoSpecial Features:
- A very vibrant atmosphereNinersdineDined on 9/29/2012A very vibrant atmosphere but a bit too loud for casual conversation. Husband's veal marsala very disappointing; even the pasta was not good however, my salmon was delicous.Special Features:
- Every restaurant has it's misses...OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/28/2012We found Timpano's on Magical Dining. Unfortunately, every part of our dining experience simply fell apart. From the moment the valet opened the car door to when we left, there were countless misses. The dining room is nice and comfortable with many cozy spots. The attire of the bartenders wasn't appropriate though. The staff (wait staff to managers) seemed frantic and unable to handle a full service. The wedge salads were very good (cut at an angle, dressing inside - great idea). The chicken parmesan (very good) and prime top sirloin (undercooked; then overcooked). Tartufo & Tiramisu were bland, lacking any spark of flavor. The valets kept going into the open kitchen. I wish we'd had the great experience other reviewers mention.Special Features:
- OK, but nothing specialOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/28/2012Food was OK, service very good. Better choices in the area for the price (Roy's). Flatbread app was edible but nothing special. Loved the dipping sauce for the free bread. Garlic mashed potatoes with the entree were too mushy for my taste and had too much garlic. I think they may have been potato mashed garlic. Blue cheese wedge salad was excellent.Special Features:
- Nothing too bad, but the newchefpmaVIPDined on 9/27/2012Nothing too bad, but the new menu is disappointing to me. I enjoyed the prawn appetizer. The short ribs were a favorite. Both are gone from the new menu. Service was good as always. The music artist is always too loud. If the music is such that you cannot hear your table guests talk, the music is too loud.
- Timpano's gave us a delightfulHollister64Dined on 9/23/2012Timpano's gave us a delightful meal. We went because of the Magical dining and ordered off the regular menu, fantastic. The deconstructed bruschetta, or do it yourself was the beginning, then veal and a perfect dessert sampler. The chianti complimented everything. A new experience in stuffed olives, CAVIAR!! A great addition to a martini. Our waiter was Gary and he guided us through the menu and made our dining experience memorable.Special Features:
- This place was okay, goodfayeDined on 9/22/2012This place was okay, good meal. Would not run back here, have other places I want to go first.
- Never AgainOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/22/2012The drink prices were outrageous. We paid $11.00 for a shot of lemon vodka in a small glass of diet coke. Food not great!!!! Never again!
- Our Server did a very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/22/2012Our Server did a very good job. Put I wish pasta automatically came with my Chicken Marsala and I didn't have to order it as a side dish. Seems like an inexpensive thing to add to a plate. Also the music from the bar was very loud. We had trouble hearing each other.Special Features:
- Always wonderful!!!!MichelleVIPDined on 9/19/2012Timpano is always consistently terrific! I had steak, which was wonderful. My dinner guest had chicken and loved it as well. The best part of the meal is always the mussels. They are the best I've ever had!!!! The entertainment is such a treat and they were great!! They've become our go-to restaurant when we want music with dinner. Do yourself a favor and sit in the bar area. It's such a treat!Special Features:
- Found the restaurant to beOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/16/2012Found the restaurant to be much less than it could be. Food was below average. Wait staff was not interested in taking care of patron who where there for Magical Dining Month in Orlando. Will not go back.
- FLOPOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/15/2012My wife and I have been there on several occasions and have always had excellent service and food. So when my parents came to town we took them their for my Dad's birthday. If it wasn't for the excellent food this time it would have been a flop. The waiter (Cesar) was not a very personable waiter and was very quick about everything and wanting to leave the table. We had to ask him on several occassions just to fill out drinks. Also the noise level was way over the top. The time we have been there before it was a nice quiet evening for elegant dining. Not anymore. We should have gone to Chili's. Very loud atmosphere now. Plus a few people wearing shorts and flip flops. I thought there was a dress code. Not an elegant place to eat anymore.Special Features:
- Wonderful NightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/14/2012We went on the Magical Dining menu to celebrate a birthday and it was superb!! We all had something different, it was a lovely evening. The food, wait staff, hostes, and overall ambiance was perfect for a birthday celebration.Special Features: