Timpano Italian Chophouse - Ft. Lauderdale
450 East Las Olas Blvd.
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33301Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Timpano Italian Chophouse - Ft. Lauderdale
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.timpanochophouse.net/
- Phone: 9544629119x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm (Bar open until 1am), Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm (Bar open until 1am), Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Asher Roebuck
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Available in a limited delivery area.
- Entertainment: L
A word from Timpano Italian Chophouse - Ft. Lauderdale
Timpano Italian Chophouse is reminiscent of the late 50’s early 60’s in Chicago & New York.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Timpano Italian Chophouse - Ft. Lauderdale - Best Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale ›
Timpano Italian Chophouse - Ft. Lauderdale reviews from OpenTable diners
97 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (56)romantic (40)vibrant bar scene (39)fit for foodies (33)good for groups (31)neighborhood gem (31)great for outdoor dining (29)notable wine list (27)hot spot (22)great for lunch (17)late-night find (14)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (1)Show More
- GreatDaveDined on 8/23/2014Excellent as usual!! Great tender filet mignon and chicken masala!! Skillet cookie and ice cream for desert was very tasty! Great waitress and attentive waite staff!! Manager checked in on us to make sure everything was as we ordered it!!Special Features:
- Dinner was divine!SharonVIPDined on 8/23/2014We started with the signature mussels which are always amazing. We added in the shrimp cocktail appetizer which was really good as well. Wine was delicious and the main courses were wonderful. It was my husbands birthday and the waiter came out with a big piece of chocolate cake and ice cream and we ate it all even though we had no more room for anything. Overall experience is it's such a fun place for celebrations of any kind! Would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- JeannetteDined on 8/23/2014Missed the music! Food was fine, menu is dated by now, it would be nice if after all these years they would refresh their offerings a bit like most other places have done.
- LesRDined on 8/23/2014Excellent - everyone enjoyed their meals and great service.Special Features:
- IslandDined on 8/22/2014Nine of waiters the service was mediocre for the price.the steaks were of mediocre quality also.Special Features:
- great musselsluv2dineDined on 8/22/2014The mussel appetizers was amazing! Dinner was perfect. The key lime creme Brule was to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Timpano's seems to be hit or missDwilliams309VIPDined on 8/17/2014Got our skillet grilled muscles, burnt. Sent them back. Second app was great, but the bread was hard as a rock, that was served with the mussels. We had the same issue on our previous visit, overcooked mussels, but not burnt. Our pork shank was great. Only complaint was a huge layer of fat on top. I it had all the herbs and cheese on the fat layer. But was still great after I got the fatty layer off.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Place in TownOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/9/2014This is our go to restaurant for before theatre eating and special occassios. Great food and service. The mussels are to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easy place to meet on Las OlasBestisDined on 7/26/2014Great food. Nice wine list. Staff made it easy to share Oso Buca, which was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!inLuvwithMusselsDined on 7/26/2014The restaurant is very cozy and appealing. We ordered the mussels and fell in love with the place immediately! The entire meal was fantastic and our server was friendly, funny, and informative about the menu. We would love to return and enjoy more of the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsCreategoodDined on 7/21/2014Host greeting was friendly. Server professional and efficient. Food delicious, as always. Veal chop and Calamari were excellent.Special Features:
- Just Perfect!Live2dineDined on 7/16/2014Went for dinner. Food was fantastic and Tom, who took care of us complimented the whole experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday dinnerLovemygirlkkDined on 7/14/2014Well really liked this place in the past. I brought my girlfriend here as a special birthday dinner. I noted it on open table and to the waiter. The table across from use received two lighted somethings for two birthdays at there table. All we received was the bill I felt discrimination. ...I will find a new special place In Ft Lauderdale.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classy Friendly!MakegoodchoicesDined on 7/12/2014Excellent service from seating to servers. Would eat there once a week if possible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will Be BacklakisokDined on 7/12/2014The food was wonderful, and very tasty. The waiter could have been better.Special Features:
- italian at the ChopHouseWilburVIPDined on 7/12/2014Previously, I have always gone for the Filet Mignon. However, my wife and I were in a more casual mood, sat at the bar and both went with Italian dishes. They were superb. Once again Timpano Italian Chophouse hit it out of the park. We did of course have the mussels, a must no matter what you plan for your entrée. Try the poached egg for something different and excellent as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/11/2014Best mussels in town. A welcome return to good old fashioned Italian food. The "nouveau" stuff is good once in a while but there is nothing like the comfort and old world charm of traditional Italian food.Special Features:
- Food suckedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/5/2014Just an overrated restaurant for food in lively night life area.Special Features:
- As always a great dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/4/2014I had friends I town from Texas and I always take friends visiting to my favorite restaurant in Fort Lauderdale. As usual the food and service was outstanding. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Every TimeAMilliDined on 7/2/2014Timpano is my favorite restaurant. We most recently went for our anniversary. Never a bad experience at this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Las Olas gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/28/2014We have been here many times and there is a specific reason: wonderful friendly and knowledgeable service, great food and atmosphere. If you are a mussels lover they don't get better than the roasted black ones here. Also great cocktails and roomy booths. What else can I say. It's a gem on las Olas with a fun vibe .Special Features:
- Timpanos Friday nightkpdx13Dined on 6/27/2014As usual the steamed mussels were incredible. The filet was perfect at medium rare. A new addition to the menu pork ossobucco was a great way to round out the offerings. On a bed of risotto it was excellent. The butterscotch bread pudding was the perfect finish with a port wine selection second to none. Bruce our waiter was on point and exactly the personality to compliment this Italian chop house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/22/2014Grilled mussels appetizer was amazing! So was the filet!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian is a noNotquiteItalian25Dined on 6/21/2014All 7 who ordered pasta it was overcooked, soft and dry, dishes with not enough sauce or very diluted sauce, dishes unpresentableSpecial Features:
- Customer who likes good foodlikesgoodfood1Dined on 6/19/2014Very enjoyable restaurant!!! Good food nice atmosphere and excellent servicceSpecial Features:
- DissapointingRichDined on 6/15/2014We have been to Timpano's many times and really enjoyed the dining experience. This time however, we were dissapointed. They seem to have slipped a notch. We requested a booth when we made the reservation. When we arrived, we again requested a booth for two couples. There was an empty booth but we were told by the maitre'd that he had to use the booth for 5 people. All the other booths had only 4 people. As far as the food goes, the fire roasted mussels were over done and dry. My wife ordered the Osso Buco and she said that while it was tender, it had no juice and was dry. As we left the restaurant at the end of our meal, we noticed that the booth we requested was still empty. Very dissapointing.Special Features:
- Fresh and FastOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014Outstanding food served very quickly. We were delighted with vegetarian options at this chop houseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/15/2014we are frequent customers, we were very disappointed in their specialty mussles, they were watery, not cooked well, the polenta was hard and dry , wiater not quick to addres our concerns, it was a fathers day family dinner and we were not satisfied customers
- TerrificPAgirlDined on 6/14/2014We have only been to Timpano a few times but never have we been disappointed. The food is always great, as is the service & lively atmosphere. Pricing is reasonable for this type of restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodDisappointedVIPDined on 6/3/2014You must try the mussels,they are out of ths world,the wedge salad and the spinach salad were excellent,the veal was also great,the rigatoni with veal and mushroom had thyme so I did not care for that tasteSpecial Features:
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/31/2014The service was fantastic. Very knowledgeable waiter and food was excellent.Special Features:
- Timpano means excellenceWilburVIPDined on 5/31/2014Another incredible time at Timpano. You must try the mussels appetizer as they are the best. The Filet is always awesome as well. The service is excellent, as is the bar scene. Highly recommend eating there before going to a show at the Broward Center as it makes a good evening into a great one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome but.....cookingfool14Dined on 5/30/2014One of the best meals I have had anywhere. Mussels = unbelievable; salmon - unbelievable; ahi tuna - excellent; french onion soup - TAKE IT OFF THE MENU!!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:
- Consistantly GoodFtLauderdaleDinerDined on 5/17/2014My husband and I eat here frequently. The steaks rival those of major steakhouses. Do not miss the mussell appetizer. Love the seating outdoors. Inside the restaurant is too loud for comfortable dining.Special Features:
- overrated, overpricedsargeinflaDined on 5/17/2014we made the mistake of dining outside. the noise level was horrendous thanks to the very loud, busy bar next door. the appetizer (mussels) was excellent. the rest of the food was just good. poor choice of sides....no potato available for a lactose intolerant diner. in fact the two choices for potatoes came frozen (per the waiter). the main entree, strip steak, was just average. people using the adjacent parking garage paraded through the restaurant, using it is a walkway.
- 2 year Anniversary made specialYogifoodee78Dined on 5/11/2014We a really great evening. I had noted on the reservation that we were celebrating the 2 year anniversary fom our first date. They brought out our Tiramisu with 2 candles in it and told us dessert was on the house. It really made it special for us. The food & drinks were excellent. We need to go back more often. K&JSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointingSpgesqVIPDined on 5/11/2014The Chef must have emptied a full salt shaker on all the food! Beautiful presentation, but inedible scallops and pasta with clam sauce. The Caesar salads were also drowned in dressing. Manager and server were excellent, but we won't go back.
- Outstanding dining experiencebossmossVIPDined on 5/9/2014Thanks to Chef Asher, my daughter, brother and myself had a great evening and fantastic food at Timpano. The Steaks were perfect and the chicken Marsala was excellent also. The muscles and flat-bread appetizers were wonderful as usual. Service was outstanding which capped off a great meal.Special Features:
- Excellent as alwaysSHIRLEYVIPDined on 5/5/2014Food, Service, Ambience all excellent. My only complaint is that the AC was on too high and my husband and I were a bit cold!Special Features:
- The following 1112 reviews are from the Timpano Italian Chophouse - Ft. Lauderdale reviews archive.
- pre show dinnerjrwinoDined on 5/3/2014we showed up at 600 for a pre theater dinner and had 3 courses and was on time to the show and the food was great as always. you gotta have the mussels, steak cooked to perfection.met the new gm and he is a great asset to the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.