Timpano Italian Chophouse - Ft. Lauderdale
450 East Las Olas Blvd.
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33301Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Timpano Italian Chophouse - Ft. Lauderdale
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.timpanochophouse.net/
- Phone: (954) 462-9119
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm (Bar open until 1am), Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm (Bar open until 1am), Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Asher Roebuck
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Available in a limited delivery area.
- Entertainment: L
A word from Timpano Italian Chophouse - Ft. Lauderdale
Timpano Italian Chophouse is reminiscent of the late 50’s early 60’s in Chicago & New York.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Timpano Italian Chophouse - Ft. Lauderdale - Best Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale ›
Timpano Italian Chophouse - Ft. Lauderdale reviews from OpenTable diners
103 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (51)fit for foodies (48)good for groups (47)vibrant bar scene (38)romantic (34)neighborhood gem (29)hot spot (29)notable wine list (27)great for outdoor dining (21)late-night find (11)great for lunch (11)scenic view (4)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Delicious!maiyasmomDined on 11/22/2014Best frest pasta! We had a great and knowledgeable server! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waiter slipped extra costs in bill. How dishonest.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/19/2014Waiter slipped extra costs in bill. How dishonest.
- Nice dinner spotMiamigirl161Dined on 11/15/2014Nice location, good food, good drinks- I thought the mussels were too salty, but the scallops, lasagna, and crispy chicken were great.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Birthday CelebrationsusanjnDined on 11/8/2014We celebrated my husband's birthday and had a great time, sitting outside overlooking the activity on Las Olas. Our service was very good, not rushed and not intrusive. We loved all of the food we ordered although the steaks were a bit over seasoned with too much salt. Would absolutely return.Special Features:
- Very goodLuv2eatDined on 11/8/2014Best mussels in town. Service and food were very good. Chopped salad was quite acceptable. We enjoyed the grilled sword fish and crispy chicken. NY strip was prepared as ordered. Over all this is one of the most consistent restaurants in town. Good food, nice atmosphere and wonderful service. What more could you ask forSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed a Delicious Romantic MealJOC8Dined on 11/8/2014The cocktails were creative. The food was delicious. The wine list is limited. Our server Jeff was gruff; the other servers were good. The ambiance was romantic with the live music of Cecilia Roy. We enjoyed an after-dinner drink in the bar. We will come back.Special Features:
- food great - Horrible Maitre d'frontDined on 11/8/2014Food is very good - Service is good . My second time in three weeks but the Maitre d' was not nice !Special Features:
- Poor ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/1/2014We had a reservation for 8P.M. Unfortunately we were not seated until 8:30. We had a drink at the bar and then the poor service really began. I cannot blame the waiter. he was helpful but kept telling us that the kitchen was backed up because of the boat show. That is a poor excuse for us to wait for our main course to arrive after 10:00 . He said it was their first busy night. in season. A poor excuse for a restaurant that has been in business for several years.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014We don't live in Ft Lauderdale but try to visit several times a year. We have dinner at Timpano every time we are there. Great food, great service. This time we had a waiter who didn't rush us through dinner. Sometimes they do push you to order everything right away and get you out of there. We always invite my daughter and family to dinner and we like to have a relaxing dinner so we can catch up. We have repeatedly recommended Timpano to friends. It is consistently good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I have a Beef with the VealChefBDined on 10/30/2014Was very disappointed with what was served as a "Veal Chop". In all my years of ordering and enjoying veal as the alternative to red meat, I was taken back when served a "red meat veal chop", after ordering my veal chop medium rare... Pink. If the meat is red then it's a cow not a calf; and hence not veal! Shame on Tulipano for calling beef...veal.
- MDdinerDined on 10/30/2014Great attentive service, not rushed. Excellent food, good menu, nice specials. Older crowd on a Thursday evening. I have been here with kids and it was also good. Calorie and carb conscious can find menu selections easily. Met a professional here for dinner and she was very pleased with selection. I have eaten here at least 8 times and never have I been disappointed.Special Features:
- Nice EveningBIGALVIPDined on 10/24/2014Enjiyed our dinner very much, loved the music and reminded me of being at one of my favorite Italian steakhouses in Brooklyn! Will be back..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak restaurant or Italian ?EndosamVIPDined on 10/24/2014We have been going back to Timpano's since it opened decades ago, but always for the fantastic mussel appetizer and a steak. Our friends from out of town wanted Italian so we CE to Timpano's. They said their pasta dishes were delicious. Our fiends also enjoyed the live music on this Friday night. It's always noisy on a busy night but this adds to the ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great meeting placeKennyDDined on 10/15/2014We met with family we had not seen for quite some time. The service was sensitive to us and knew when to be present and when to give us our space.Special Features:
- wineguywineguyVIPDined on 10/8/2014we had a play to go to and decided to go to timpani. the food and service was just great. there was an issue with one person's dinner and it was quickly resolved and the manager came over. this is impressive. I will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing musselsOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/8/2014We went around 3pm so the restaurant was empty, but we had a great experience. One of the best mussels we ate in our life. the spagetti was also great and the service amazing. not a fancy place, but definetely worth a visitSpecial Features:
- AbueloKnowsBest1Dined on 10/7/2014For good service, good celebration and excellent food the place to go!Special Features:
- unique ambiancefoodlover12Dined on 10/4/2014I love....love...love this place for two things: their steamed mussels appetizer (do NOT miss this...it's their biggest claim to fame) and the lovely retro jazz club feel of their Starlight Lounge. The rest of their food is good...but we usually order multiple apps (they have carpaccio which we love) and wine as our dinner, so I can't speak to the entrees.I would recommend this to a friend.
- SHIRLEYVIPDined on 10/3/2014Never disappoints--great food, great service, and wonderful ambiance!!!!Special Features:
- Love Timpano'sDwilliams309VIPDined on 10/3/2014Must have, fire grilled mussels. Pork shank is awesome with rosotto. Enough for two and more to take home!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice dinnerWillDined on 9/30/2014Timpano's is always good and the service is very attentive and professional. If you have two couples ask for a booth. Steaks and Chops are recommended.Special Features:
- ExcellentTSA007Dined on 9/29/2014Food, service and drinks were excellent. What more can you ask for. Happy hour specials are a very good valueSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceDaveDined on 9/27/2014Have visited Timpano's several times and they never disappoint!! Great menu selection, great flavors and great atmosphere!! We actually looked at two other hot spots across the street for comparison, YOLO's and Grill 401 and to me their menu's were lacking compared to Timpano's selection! The filet mignon was outstanding; tender and flavorful! Side dishes, plentiful for two people and uniquely prepared! Good wine selection too! Enjoy!Special Features:
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/25/2014Everything from the yummy martinis to the hot dinner rolls and garlic infused oil to the butterscotch bread pudding was amazing!! We are in Fort Lauderdale for only a couple nights and already have reservations to return there this evening!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Didn't consider our reservation!SimyJDined on 9/20/2014We were here this past Saturday! I had made a reservation via Open Table specifying that it was our anniversary, therefore we wanted a nice table in the main dining floor. That was it! When we got there we were taken to a side room all the way in a corner with no close view to the main room, just 3 bare walls and an old palm tree dying behind our table. I asked the hostess that we wanted to sit in the main room but she said there was no table available. I said we had a reservation but she didn't care. Food was good, service too actually, but our experience for a romantic nigh of celebration was ruined! We didn't even get a "congratulations" or a "we're sorry for the inconvenience".... I don't think we'll come back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014We enjoyed the dinner. Fish and side dishes were very tasty! Recommend ordering wine vs specialty drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic in Fort LauderdaleGeggyDined on 9/20/2014It is hard these days to find competent wait staff coupled with fantastic food. Both are present at Timpano. From the moment you enter to the time you leave you feel special. I come for the mussels and leave content. The awesome martini's help too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lively Italian FlairDzooDined on 9/20/2014This is an upscale, modern italian restaurant known for their steak. But they have great salads, seafood and pasta items, too. Steaks are pricey but other menu items moderate.Special Features:
- Consistently GoodItalianredDined on 9/15/2014Very well managed delivering consistently great quality food year after year. A real asset for the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014This is my fourth time dining at Timpano, third time at the Ft. Lauderdale location. It seems to be a spot I like to dine with my boyfriend and/or mom when celebrating a special occasion. This time it was my boyfriend's birthday. We were seated promptly in one of the large, "U" shaped booths. It was great because it was intimate but allowed us to look out at the whole restaurant. The food is fantastic. Wish there were more "specials" to choose from for dinner. Would also like to be able to choose which dessert birthday boy received, but the chocolate cake with cookies and cream ice cream was still yummy. Service could have been better-was just average. Overall I would absolutely dine here again!Special Features:
- jrwinojrwinoDined on 9/9/2014apps were great, service a+, steaks cooked to perfection, dessert was great too.Special Features:
- TastyDelishVIPDined on 9/6/2014What a great dining experience! Despite having to be seated in the party room because of how busy it was, even with a reservation, it was great. The server was courteous, fast, and had a great attitude. The food from apps to dessert were delicious. Must try the meatball, carpaccio and Tuscan egg apps. The osso bucco falls right off the bone with a equally complimenting parmesan risotto. The steaks were well prepared and mouth watering. And the veal and scallops need no extra details as they were perfection! We took our best friend for her birthday and we had an amazing night!Special Features:
- Another great MealFLBARBDined on 9/6/2014We were a party of six, two being guests from out of town. They loved the atmosphere! The food, especially the mussels, was wonderful. Veal and steaks done to perfection. The best part of the meal was the service. Christopher was entertaining, informing and efficient. He earned his tip and then some. A great place to celebrate life......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deeply disappointingBevin52VIPDined on 8/31/2014Had not eaten there in several years & was very surprised after having had some great meals there. The food was average at best. The muscles were so tiny there were 50 of them in the bowl, they lasagna was like lead & the meatballs were average. The waiter was surly.
- Great service and ambienceShiviDined on 8/30/2014Great martinis, wait staff are excellent. Our table of 5 had pasta dishes. The chicken was very good but the others - spaghetti bolaignaise, veal rigatoni were average. Most disappointing was the simple tomato basil with spaghettini which read from the menu like it should have been light and fresh and flavorful but was quite stodgy. The bread and garlic dip for the table was gorgeous. Would definitely return because it was a great place to meet a group and the food although average was not bad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Timpano's Las OlasTimpanosDined on 8/30/2014I've been to Timpano's several times and figured my parents would enjoy it while they were in town visiting. My dad didn't stop talking about the whole experience for days...from the hostess, to the server, to the chef we had fantastic food and service. It's not too often that the chef comes out to your table and personally talks to you and asks you how your meal was but he did here and when we were contemplating between two desserts to share and chose one our server came back with both of them and said that the chef was giving us the second one complimentary. Highly recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for the combination of great food and service! Definitely must have the Mussels and Meatballs!Special Features:
- Lovely spot for anniversary dinnerNeedToTravelMoreDined on 8/30/2014Celebrated our 24th wedding anniversary Saturday night. Restaurant accommodated us with a quiet booth and surprised us with a complementary dessert. Both the manager and chef dropped by our table to congratulate us. Clams appetizer, crab cake appetizer, petit filet mignon and veal chop were all excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatDaveDined on 8/23/2014Excellent as usual!! Great tender filet mignon and chicken masala!! Skillet cookie and ice cream for desert was very tasty! Great waitress and attentive waite staff!! Manager checked in on us to make sure everything was as we ordered it!!Special Features:
- Dinner was divine!SharonVIPDined on 8/23/2014We started with the signature mussels which are always amazing. We added in the shrimp cocktail appetizer which was really good as well. Wine was delicious and the main courses were wonderful. It was my husbands birthday and the waiter came out with a big piece of chocolate cake and ice cream and we ate it all even though we had no more room for anything. Overall experience is it's such a fun place for celebrations of any kind! Would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- JeannetteDined on 8/23/2014Missed the music! Food was fine, menu is dated by now, it would be nice if after all these years they would refresh their offerings a bit like most other places have done.