Timpano Italian Chophouse - Ft. Lauderdale
450 East Las Olas Blvd.
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33301Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Timpano Italian Chophouse - Ft. Lauderdale
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.timpanochophouse.net/
- Phone: 9544629119x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm (Bar open until 1am), Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm (Bar open until 1am), Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Asher Roebuck
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Available in a limited delivery area.
- Entertainment: L
A word from Timpano Italian Chophouse - Ft. Lauderdale
Timpano Italian Chophouse is reminiscent of the late 50’s early 60’s in Chicago & New York.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Timpano Italian Chophouse - Ft. Lauderdale - Best Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale ›
Timpano Italian Chophouse - Ft. Lauderdale reviews from OpenTable diners
96 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (56)romantic (38)vibrant bar scene (37)good for groups (36)fit for foodies (35)neighborhood gem (32)notable wine list (27)great for outdoor dining (26)hot spot (23)great for lunch (15)late-night find (12)kid-friendly (6)great for brunch (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- Lively Italian FlairOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/20/2014This is an upscale, modern italian restaurant known for their steak. But they have great salads, seafood and pasta items, too. Steaks are pricey but other menu items moderate.Special Features:
- Consistently GoodItalianredDined on 9/15/2014Very well managed delivering consistently great quality food year after year. A real asset for the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014This is my fourth time dining at Timpano, third time at the Ft. Lauderdale location. It seems to be a spot I like to dine with my boyfriend and/or mom when celebrating a special occasion. This time it was my boyfriend's birthday. We were seated promptly in one of the large, "U" shaped booths. It was great because it was intimate but allowed us to look out at the whole restaurant. The food is fantastic. Wish there were more "specials" to choose from for dinner. Would also like to be able to choose which dessert birthday boy received, but the chocolate cake with cookies and cream ice cream was still yummy. Service could have been better-was just average. Overall I would absolutely dine here again!Special Features:
- jrwinojrwinoDined on 9/9/2014apps were great, service a+, steaks cooked to perfection, dessert was great too.Special Features:
- TastyDelishVIPDined on 9/6/2014What a great dining experience! Despite having to be seated in the party room because of how busy it was, even with a reservation, it was great. The server was courteous, fast, and had a great attitude. The food from apps to dessert were delicious. Must try the meatball, carpaccio and Tuscan egg apps. The osso bucco falls right off the bone with a equally complimenting parmesan risotto. The steaks were well prepared and mouth watering. And the veal and scallops need no extra details as they were perfection! We took our best friend for her birthday and we had an amazing night!Special Features:
- Another great MealFLBARBDined on 9/6/2014We were a party of six, two being guests from out of town. They loved the atmosphere! The food, especially the mussels, was wonderful. Veal and steaks done to perfection. The best part of the meal was the service. Christopher was entertaining, informing and efficient. He earned his tip and then some. A great place to celebrate life......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deeply disappointingBevin52Dined on 8/31/2014Had not eaten there in several years & was very surprised after having had some great meals there. The food was average at best. The muscles were so tiny there were 50 of them in the bowl, they lasagna was like lead & the meatballs were average. The waiter was surly.
- Great service and ambienceShiviDined on 8/30/2014Great martinis, wait staff are excellent. Our table of 5 had pasta dishes. The chicken was very good but the others - spaghetti bolaignaise, veal rigatoni were average. Most disappointing was the simple tomato basil with spaghettini which read from the menu like it should have been light and fresh and flavorful but was quite stodgy. The bread and garlic dip for the table was gorgeous. Would definitely return because it was a great place to meet a group and the food although average was not bad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Timpano's Las OlasTimpanosDined on 8/30/2014I've been to Timpano's several times and figured my parents would enjoy it while they were in town visiting. My dad didn't stop talking about the whole experience for days...from the hostess, to the server, to the chef we had fantastic food and service. It's not too often that the chef comes out to your table and personally talks to you and asks you how your meal was but he did here and when we were contemplating between two desserts to share and chose one our server came back with both of them and said that the chef was giving us the second one complimentary. Highly recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for the combination of great food and service! Definitely must have the Mussels and Meatballs!Special Features:
- Lovely spot for anniversary dinnerNeedToTravelMoreDined on 8/30/2014Celebrated our 24th wedding anniversary Saturday night. Restaurant accommodated us with a quiet booth and surprised us with a complementary dessert. Both the manager and chef dropped by our table to congratulate us. Clams appetizer, crab cake appetizer, petit filet mignon and veal chop were all excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatDaveDined on 8/23/2014Excellent as usual!! Great tender filet mignon and chicken masala!! Skillet cookie and ice cream for desert was very tasty! Great waitress and attentive waite staff!! Manager checked in on us to make sure everything was as we ordered it!!Special Features:
- Dinner was divine!SharonVIPDined on 8/23/2014We started with the signature mussels which are always amazing. We added in the shrimp cocktail appetizer which was really good as well. Wine was delicious and the main courses were wonderful. It was my husbands birthday and the waiter came out with a big piece of chocolate cake and ice cream and we ate it all even though we had no more room for anything. Overall experience is it's such a fun place for celebrations of any kind! Would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- JeannetteDined on 8/23/2014Missed the music! Food was fine, menu is dated by now, it would be nice if after all these years they would refresh their offerings a bit like most other places have done.
- LesRDined on 8/23/2014Excellent - everyone enjoyed their meals and great service.Special Features:
- IslandDined on 8/22/2014Nine of waiters the service was mediocre for the price.the steaks were of mediocre quality also.Special Features:
- great musselsluv2dineDined on 8/22/2014The mussel appetizers was amazing! Dinner was perfect. The key lime creme Brule was to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Timpano's seems to be hit or missDwilliams309VIPDined on 8/17/2014Got our skillet grilled muscles, burnt. Sent them back. Second app was great, but the bread was hard as a rock, that was served with the mussels. We had the same issue on our previous visit, overcooked mussels, but not burnt. Our pork shank was great. Only complaint was a huge layer of fat on top. I it had all the herbs and cheese on the fat layer. But was still great after I got the fatty layer off.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Place in TownOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/9/2014This is our go to restaurant for before theatre eating and special occassios. Great food and service. The mussels are to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easy place to meet on Las OlasBestisDined on 7/26/2014Great food. Nice wine list. Staff made it easy to share Oso Buca, which was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!inLuvwithMusselsDined on 7/26/2014The restaurant is very cozy and appealing. We ordered the mussels and fell in love with the place immediately! The entire meal was fantastic and our server was friendly, funny, and informative about the menu. We would love to return and enjoy more of the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsCreategoodDined on 7/21/2014Host greeting was friendly. Server professional and efficient. Food delicious, as always. Veal chop and Calamari were excellent.Special Features:
- Just Perfect!Live2dineDined on 7/16/2014Went for dinner. Food was fantastic and Tom, who took care of us complimented the whole experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday dinnerLovemygirlkkDined on 7/14/2014Well really liked this place in the past. I brought my girlfriend here as a special birthday dinner. I noted it on open table and to the waiter. The table across from use received two lighted somethings for two birthdays at there table. All we received was the bill I felt discrimination. ...I will find a new special place In Ft Lauderdale.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classy Friendly!MakegoodchoicesDined on 7/12/2014Excellent service from seating to servers. Would eat there once a week if possible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will Be BacklakisokDined on 7/12/2014The food was wonderful, and very tasty. The waiter could have been better.Special Features:
- italian at the ChopHouseWilburVIPDined on 7/12/2014Previously, I have always gone for the Filet Mignon. However, my wife and I were in a more casual mood, sat at the bar and both went with Italian dishes. They were superb. Once again Timpano Italian Chophouse hit it out of the park. We did of course have the mussels, a must no matter what you plan for your entrée. Try the poached egg for something different and excellent as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/11/2014Best mussels in town. A welcome return to good old fashioned Italian food. The "nouveau" stuff is good once in a while but there is nothing like the comfort and old world charm of traditional Italian food.Special Features:
- Food suckedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/5/2014Just an overrated restaurant for food in lively night life area.Special Features:
- As always a great dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/4/2014I had friends I town from Texas and I always take friends visiting to my favorite restaurant in Fort Lauderdale. As usual the food and service was outstanding. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Every TimeAMilliDined on 7/2/2014Timpano is my favorite restaurant. We most recently went for our anniversary. Never a bad experience at this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Las Olas gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/28/2014We have been here many times and there is a specific reason: wonderful friendly and knowledgeable service, great food and atmosphere. If you are a mussels lover they don't get better than the roasted black ones here. Also great cocktails and roomy booths. What else can I say. It's a gem on las Olas with a fun vibe .Special Features:
- Timpanos Friday nightkpdx13Dined on 6/27/2014As usual the steamed mussels were incredible. The filet was perfect at medium rare. A new addition to the menu pork ossobucco was a great way to round out the offerings. On a bed of risotto it was excellent. The butterscotch bread pudding was the perfect finish with a port wine selection second to none. Bruce our waiter was on point and exactly the personality to compliment this Italian chop house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/22/2014Grilled mussels appetizer was amazing! So was the filet!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian is a noNotquiteItalian25Dined on 6/21/2014All 7 who ordered pasta it was overcooked, soft and dry, dishes with not enough sauce or very diluted sauce, dishes unpresentableSpecial Features:
- Customer who likes good foodlikesgoodfood1Dined on 6/19/2014Very enjoyable restaurant!!! Good food nice atmosphere and excellent servicceSpecial Features:
- DissapointingRichDined on 6/15/2014We have been to Timpano's many times and really enjoyed the dining experience. This time however, we were dissapointed. They seem to have slipped a notch. We requested a booth when we made the reservation. When we arrived, we again requested a booth for two couples. There was an empty booth but we were told by the maitre'd that he had to use the booth for 5 people. All the other booths had only 4 people. As far as the food goes, the fire roasted mussels were over done and dry. My wife ordered the Osso Buco and she said that while it was tender, it had no juice and was dry. As we left the restaurant at the end of our meal, we noticed that the booth we requested was still empty. Very dissapointing.Special Features:
- Fresh and FastOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014Outstanding food served very quickly. We were delighted with vegetarian options at this chop houseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/15/2014we are frequent customers, we were very disappointed in their specialty mussles, they were watery, not cooked well, the polenta was hard and dry , wiater not quick to addres our concerns, it was a fathers day family dinner and we were not satisfied customers
- TerrificPAgirlDined on 6/14/2014We have only been to Timpano a few times but never have we been disappointed. The food is always great, as is the service & lively atmosphere. Pricing is reasonable for this type of restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodDisappointedVIPDined on 6/3/2014You must try the mussels,they are out of ths world,the wedge salad and the spinach salad were excellent,the veal was also great,the rigatoni with veal and mushroom had thyme so I did not care for that tasteSpecial Features: