Timo Restaurant & Bar
17624 Collins Avenue
Sunny Isles, FL 33160Neighborhood:
Sunny Isles Beach
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Timo Restaurant & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.timorestaurant.com/
- Phone: (305) 936-1008
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Tim Andriola
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Contact: Emily Byrd 3059361008
- Special Events: for 31.December 2010 : 1st seating at 5pm - 7:30pm ; 1st seating 3 courses pre-fixed menu or ala card.
1st seating Customers must leave before 9pm.
2nd seating starts at 9:15 pm 4 course pre-fixed menu included midnight toast and party favor.
Wine-pairing is available.
CC is required for both seatings
A word from Timo Restaurant & Bar
Inspired food, carefully selected wines, attentive service and beautiful decor combine to create a memorable dining experience at Timo.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Timo Restaurant & Bar - Best Restaurants in Sunny Isles Beach ›
Timo Restaurant & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
72 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (45)fit for foodies (36)special occasion (22)notable wine list (19)good for groups (11)hot spot (10)romantic (9)kid-friendly (7)great for outdoor dining (7)great for lunch (6)late-night find (5)vibrant bar scene (5)scenic view (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- wineguywineguyVIPDined on 11/24/2014always the best!! the food and the service are tops. we all had something different and the seasoning and preparation is 100% one the best in south florida.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RosannaDined on 11/21/2014As usual the food was great and the service agreeable and efficient. Reservation recommended since the restaurant is often fullSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Proper food without the poseossimandusDined on 11/18/2014Time has survived many years in the north Miami food jungle for one good reason - they serve decent food at sensible prices. Essentially an internatioonal cuisine they have a choice of 5 starters and a similar number of mains for fish/pasta/meat and the as afters are to die for. Just try their blackberry Baked Alaska. Expect to pay around 60 dollars/head including wineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JonTDined on 11/15/2014First time at Timo's. Food was good, but entrées were served cool (waiting to be picked up), but good taste notwithstanding. Noise level was high, but it's that type of resto.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner experienceKuarisimaDined on 11/12/2014The food was delicious and the price good for what we got. Service impeccable! The fois grass really nice and the is a must Will come back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Frozen..but not DisneyMainiacVIPDined on 11/10/2014The pizza is excellent - the drinks & wine list are well represented - the fish & pasta dinners (except 1 of the 6 had lamb that was overcooked & dry) was excellent BUT somehow this otherwise excellent restaurant wants to freeze the patrons out! I only had a sweater and it wasn't enough...so next time I'll bring a parka! ALL 6 of us left shivering....but the food was excellent and you won't be disappointed. I'm hoping they fix the climate control ....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a;ways reliablewineguyVIPDined on 11/6/2014My wife and I we exhausted from a long and crazy day. We decided to have dinner at Timo. Jonathan our server is always tops and knowledgeable about not only the food but wine. it is busy because it is just great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/25/2014We have eaten at Timo's many times We have always enjoyed the food and drink. It is consistently good place to dineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TIMOOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/24/2014The food was great...good ambience too...only regret is having babies with their parents at an evening mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Live this placeLuv2tasteDined on 10/10/2014Try their black & white pizza is amaising as an appetiser.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointed!!!DisappointedVIPDined on 10/8/2014not as good as last year! Timo had always been a favorite "go to" in the neighborhood. The food used to be wonderful (and we are foodies!) We've been disappointed the last two times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/6/2014Food served in the wrong order, sea bass was bland. They tried to make up for it by giving us a tasting of an appetizer along with a free dessert which were both excellent.
- First VisitLadybeeDined on 9/30/2014This was our first visit. The food was appealing and very tasty. We went for lunch, and I assume dinner would be just as good. Good ambiance and very romantic, even in daylight! The only con was limited parking space. The website stated valet service, but none was available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- my favorite restaurantCriticDined on 9/27/2014love the food, the ambiance. service is always great. It was one of the best meals we have there so far. everything was deliciousSpecial Features:
- always greatwineguyVIPDined on 9/17/2014everything is a click above.... the food the service and the entire experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!goldengirlVIPDined on 9/15/2014My husband and I have been going to Timo for ten years and the food and the service remain excellent. Such a joy to have this gem in our neighborhood!!Special Features:
- Miami SpicealpalDined on 9/6/2014This is the first time we have done Miami Spice,and we were very pleased.MY husband and I each ordered a different selection.Sharing is so much fun.The food was delicious.Our waitstaff led by Brian were very attentive and personable.All in all we were very satisfied with this restaurant.Special Features:
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014The service was outstanding, which is hard to find these days. Our server had spot on timing of presence and recommendations, friendly and knew the menu well. The fois gras was delicious, as well as the specials (rack of lamb and seared black cod) - Risotto - was the absolute perfect al dente, the lamb cooked perfectly.Special Features:
- good mealhomeisbestVIPDined on 8/31/2014We tried Timo for Miami Spice and were impressed. We both had good meals and said we would be back again. My quibble is that I strongly dislike at an upscale restaurant to have a TV distracting me in the background. Next time I would need to position myself differently but still feel it is disrespectful to serious diners.
- Timo, sunny islesConeDined on 8/28/2014Fois grois de best, excelente ravioli buratta. Good serviceSpecial Features:
- Consistently ExcellentHamsiVIPDined on 8/20/2014After more than a decade, Timo continues to provide wonderful food, super service and a friendly room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tops!!wineguyVIPDined on 8/18/2014we go to timo because of the incredible food and service. we were not disappointed. Our server Jonathan was knowledgeable and made the evening enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food AND SERVICElizelaVIPDined on 8/8/2014wonderful and great food, we enjoyed immensely , everything was nice!Special Features:
- Glad we wentyumfoodDined on 8/3/2014The food and service were outstanding, we ate from the Miami Spice Menu and highly recommend it. Try it with the wine pairings.Special Features:
- never fails...EmkayayVIPDined on 8/3/2014Once again we had delicious food. Timo's knows good food. We were a party of 4 and everyone enjoyed!Special Features:
- OverratedDisappointedDined on 7/30/2014Ordered a steak- had to be returned. How can you mess up a steak.
- The following 419 reviews are from the Timo Restaurant & Bar reviews archive.
- Innovative diningJimpopDined on 7/26/2014Our first visit to Timo won't be our last. Menu is very creative and most unusual. Started with potato salad instead of usual green salad. Outstanding. Mussels in a flavorful broth with best piece of garlic bread ever. Branzini in parchment well prepared as was the pork chop. Split baked Alaska for dessert which was another surprise on the menu. Wine list extensive and well priced. Only complaint was tables very close together which made it noisy. However the lack of music kept noise level bearable. Chairs are thickly padded as are the bar stools which made comfortable seating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantweluvtotravelDined on 7/25/2014Great food. We had the best table in the restaurant. Staff was very nice. Many thanks from Montreal CanadaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service via Jonathan!fran330VIPDined on 7/24/2014Hadn't been to Timo's in quite a while but will return much faster this time. The food was very good but what made the experience exceptional was the high level of service that our waiter, Jonathan, provided. He is knowledgeable about the menu and wines and very accommodating... basically went out of his way to make sure we enjoyed our meal and the overall experience. We had a lovely evening and look forward to returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeStellaDined on 7/21/2014It's a great place to have a nice dinner with friends and eat wonderful! The food was superb and the wines too. Don't miss the black and white pizza and the branzino!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing !FransuaVIPDined on 7/14/2014Our first two visits at Timo were just perfect ! However this third time, the food was good, but the service very bad. Except for taking our orders and bringing the check, we seldom saw our waiter, even if the restaurant was half empty. We had to pour our wine (battle over $80.00) ourselves during all the meal. This waiter did not seem interested at all in our clientele!Special Features:
- food and servicelizelaVIPDined on 7/14/2014a wonderful experience and great food and atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great if it weren't for the wait...BrunoFLDined on 7/12/2014Having booked a table for 4 at 9:00pm on a Saturday night, I found it unacceptable to wait 45mns to actually get a table. Then, after ordering, we waited another 45 mns for our first dish to arrive on the table. Therefore, from 9:00pm to 10:30pm, and without even receiving any kind of bread, that kind of wait put a toll on the ambiance of the dinner. On a good note, our waiter was very professional and courteous and the food was excellent. Too bad the waiting time ruined it for us...
- Nice first visitTraderbriDined on 7/11/2014I didn't expect the waiter to get our order right, because we asked so many questions and he didn't write anything down. But everything was perfect! Food was delicious. The service and attention from everyone - from the water boy to the manager - was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food good serviceJeffbVIPDined on 6/25/2014The food and service were great but the air conditioning went out mid meal. It was unbearable. A friend of mine told me that the same thing happened to her the last time that she was there. We got nothing more than an apology and an offer of complimentary ice cream for desert. I will never go back there again
- Horrible Service wold not recommendFelixEDined on 6/24/2014This place has service worst then Dennys and prices that are 4 times any compatible restaurant
- It was great!HSHSDined on 6/15/2014We were very pleasantly surprised by the atmosphere, the menu and the service. We had a great dinner and are ready to look for the next occasion to be back.Special Features:
- DeliciousLynn411VIPDined on 6/15/2014Loved this restaurant. Bread basket wonderful, Caesar salad cold and crisp and the 2 pasta dishes ordered were delicious. One was whole wheat pasta with goat cheese and roasted tomatoes the other gnocchi with veal. My Bronzino was served over asparagus and wrapped in a light filo. The yummy dessert was macadamia brittle and ice cream with bananas. We would definitely go back even though quite a distance from where we live. The service could have been more attentive and polished but he did try to accommodate when asked. Please don't take dishes from table till we are all finished eating. My pet peeve. Why aren't the helpers told this?Special Features:
- Excellent!goldengirlVIPDined on 6/7/2014I have been dining at Timo's for over twelve years. The food and service are unmatched! We will be back.Special Features:
- Go if you can.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/1/2014Excellent food steak, fish, all was great....but I wish I had asked them not to have "fries" with my flank steak. All a la cart.Special Features: