West Bend, WI 53095Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.timmersresort.net/
- Phone: 262-338-7710
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Brunch: 10:30am - 1:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm *Friday Dinner 4:00pm-10:00pm, First come first serve.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: John Grasso
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Let Timmer's cater your event!
- Private Party Facilities: At Timmer's we specialize in making your event memorable. We have the Parlor that will handle 35 guests for a sit down dinner. The main dinning room can handle 75 guests for a sit down dinner and our bar can handle 50 guests for a cocktail and appetizer party. In the summer our outdoor grounds will make your party or wedding a very special event. WE have a tent that will accommodate up to 200 and another tent that will accommodate 100 people. We can have an event as casual as a pig roast to a carpeted and chandelier tent event. Your desires will be our goals.
- Private Party Contact: Amy Bellehumeur 262-338-7710
A word from Timmer's Resort
Come and visit this beautiful historic landmark! Built in 1880 Timmer's Resort was totally remodeled in 2008 to restore the original charm of this lakeside dining and cabin resort. Our beautiful lodge has fire places in each dining room as well as beautiful views of Big Cedar Lake and its surrounding pines and native foliage. Our classic menu offers homemade goodness. Salads, Sandwiches, Seafood, Aged Steaks, Ribs along with our signature dishes Chicken Wellington & Citrus Crusted Salmon! You will discover our homemade desserts are sure to please. Our wine list is strong with California and US wines that will please any wine aficionado. Summer months you will want to enjoy our outdoor dining patio..It's everyone's favorite! Let us share our love of true Wisconsin hospitality with you. Timmer’s offers live music on the weekends for your entertainment. We welcome you to enjoy and discover Timmer’s!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Timmer's Resort - Best Restaurants in West Bend ›
Timmer's Resort reviews from OpenTable diners
52 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (38)great for outdoor dining (31)special occasion (24)neighborhood gem (20)great for brunch (18)good for groups (18)romantic (17)great for lunch (8)fit for foodies (8)notable wine list (7)kid-friendly (6)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (2)Show More
- Good mealKIMDWIDined on 10/6/2014Visiting for our anniversary. We started with the ahi tuna appetizer. It was not a good as the month before. Both of us had soup, hubby had broccoli cheese and I had chicken Florentine. My soup was bland and it did come with one warm roll each and butter. Hubby ordered steak and lobster. He loved the steak which was a sirloin, and I tasted it too and was very good. The lobster was kind of funny. It has barely any taste and was a little mushy. I ordered the orange halibut and it was a little dry. Both came with rice bit we opted for the mashed which was delicious. Took home NY cheesecake for dessert and was very good. I had house cab and hubby had a gimlet which he said was excellent. Little disappointed this time around.Special Features:
- PersonalbclloverDined on 9/30/2014I have been to Timmer's many times and planned a business meeting with a prospective employer. Dave arrived early for dinner and was greeted by Fran and George. He was impressed with the personal greeting and the overall experience. Our meeting went well and hopefully will turn into beneficial employment for both of us. Keep up the great job!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/28/2014Food was excellent. Our waitress was very timid & shy..was not familiar with drink order or menu. Never checked back with us at any time during or after meal. Training wasn't a priority with her.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014We shared a get together with friends who joined us from the Milwaukee area. The autumn evening on the resort lakeshore was magical The view of the restaurant and the outdoor patio with umbrellas was charming and welcoming. Staff was friendly and accommodating from entry and throughout our dinner. Our entrees, both steaks and walleye, were well prepared and presentation was appealing. Our server was gracious and efficient even as the tables filled and diners waited. The one drawback was the ever increasing noise level which made conversation very difficult. At any rate, it was a"joyful noise" of guests sharing a wonderful time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Difficult to reach with detourpalindromeDined on 9/24/2014Right now the ramps from highway 41 to 144 are both closed making it very difficult to reach. The detour signs are not adequate, no fault of the restaurant. Perhaps the website should temporarily inform of alternate routes. Otherwise a very pleasant experience. Locals know alternate routes, non-residents do not.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great serviceEnjoyerofFoodDined on 9/20/2014We had dinner after boating in the afternoon, and Timmer's was very accommodating and even setup our table early. Whether coming by boat or car, their food is top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Timmers on a Sat. nightKANDTDined on 9/13/2014Had scallops and prime rib. Scallops were not very flavorful and too rare. Prime rib had some type of cloves on it that did not improve the flavor of the meat. Grilled veggies were good. Too expensive given the quality of the food. Service was very good. Nice scenic view.Special Features:
- Lake charmLakeLoverDined on 9/6/2014A friendly welcoming spot with a terrific location on Cedar Lake. Great patio with fire pit, heat lamps, and marshmallow roasting after dinner. Historic interior has been tastefully updated. Meal was tasty highlighted by great service, and we enjoyed the ambiance of local diners enjoying themselves. Easy to arrive by boat and tie up at dock.Special Features:
- Great Cedar Lake AssetNorthfieldVicVIPDined on 9/6/2014We love eating at Timmer's because lucky us gets to come for dinner in our boat. I'm a vegetarian and they have eliminated their one option for me but are quite nice about adding expensive pecans to the strawberry/pecan salad at no extra cost (this is the only vegetarian option on the menu so pleased that they are nice about the extra protein). The food is pretty lack luster but the ambiance makes up for it.Special Features:
- Great restaurantluv2eatDined on 8/31/2014We visited this restaurant for Sunday brunch with our adult son. We have eaten at Timmer's before, he had not. We all agreed that the food, service and atmosphere are excellent and we will continue to patronize this wonderful restaurant.Special Features:
- A Wonderful EveningAnexpatDined on 8/28/2014We were not sure what to expect, but everything was done exceptionally well. We would highly recommend TimmersSpecial Features:
- wilburVIPDined on 8/24/2014We enjoyed the restaurant. Service was a little indifferent, but perhaps that was because we were the only table on the outdoor patio. That was compensated for by it being very quiet. :) We'd like to return when the leaves are changing.Special Features:
- Music too loud2localsDined on 8/17/2014Sunday evening the singer didn't need amplification The patio is serene and scenic but we had to speak very loud to each other to compete with the music. Maybe at 9:00 pm but notfor 5:00 pm diners. It wrecked the ambience Food was marginal for price Duck was very tough Ate here twice before and very happy, this time very disappointed.
- Great meal and atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/3/2014I love going to Timmer's resort. Not only do they have an amazing patio with a view of the Big Cedar Lake, but the food is great. Before sitting, we went to the bar for a drink and had some incredible service. The bar staff was willing to laugh and chat with us while still giving all the same attention to everyone in the bar (and it was pretty busy even that early). When we were ready, we went outside and choose the scallops for dinner. They were cooked perfectly. I can't say anything bad about the place. The wait staff was there when we needed her and but did not hover at all.Special Features:
- family dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/2/2014We have been to Timmer's many times. It is usually hit or miss. The food is sometimes good, sometimes great, along with the service. It's too bad it isn't more consistent.Special Features:
- Timmer's resortdinner42Dined on 7/26/2014Timmers offers the wonderful feeling of a lake resort of days gone by. The outdoor patio is always pleasant, the view of the lake and grounds serene and the food is delicious. The menu selection offers a variety for nearly every diner, the staff is always friendly and the desserts should not be missed. After dinner take a walk to the lake and enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Timmer's ResortRalphDined on 7/19/2014My wife and I had dinner with a friend on the patio at Timmer's Resort. The experience of eating "el fresco" was outstanding. The evening was warm and the conversation was delightful. The wait staff were very attentive and the wine (a nice Pinot Noir) went down very smoothly. The food was excellent! We each had something different from the menu - prime rib, halibut and salmon. All were great! Dessert and coffee afterwards were great as well. Definitely will be coming back and dining here again! :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect dining experienceBobandDianeDined on 7/16/2014We visited Timmer's a few years ago after reading a great review in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. We loved it then and love it now. I took my wife there for her birthday on 7/16/14 and it really was a perfect experience. The staff was warm and inviting. The setting has always been great and the food was superior. They acknowledged the birthday and provided a dessert for us to share. Timmer's is our "special occasion place." Though we often dress up to go it is not necessary. It is a high class place on a resort so most come dressed very casual. I used the Timmer's APP to make the reservation and review the menu. It worked well. I would strongly recommend Timmer's to anyone looking for a great dining experience.Special Features:
- Lakeside Dining at it's Bestlrb64Dined on 7/13/2014We just enjoyed brunch at Timmer's Resort Restaurant. We sat on the patio on a beautiful, crisp sunny Sunday afternoon. Food was very good. The chef prepared special order omelets were excellent, ingredients were very fresh. Our server was excellent---she took great care of us as we celebrated a 50th birthday. We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- CrustyDined on 7/6/2014We've dined there twice-both excellent and had brunch there with the whole family (including grandchildren) also excellent. A hidden gem!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place for Brunch!SusanDined on 7/6/2014Having had a great dining experience at Mother's Day brunch, we just recently enjoyed another Sunday afternoon brunch at Timmers'. This time we ate outdoors and were able to enjoy the view of Big Cedar Lake. The selection for brunch may not be as large as some other places, however, what is available is high quality. Especially like the made to order omelets and the rustic decor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing specialOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/5/2014The food and service were just okay. It was a Saturday night, and prime rib was one of the specials with two options listed, the lady and the lord. When we asked the server the difference in size between the two, she said the lady was smaller and made shapes with her hands to try and demonstrate the size of the two options. We asked weight-wise what the difference was, and she had no idea. Seemed bizarre. Regardless, we both ordered prime rib and it was just okay. A little dry and not very flavorful. We sat outside, which was really the nicest part of the meal. All of this said, for the area, the restaurant is probably worth another look. Just don't bother with the prime rib.Special Features:
- Great day!luv2eatDined on 6/29/2014Timmers was all I hoped for and more. We had a lovely time with old friends. Great brunch! Sat by the lake and talked after we ate. Lovely day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014My wife and I had dinner reservations for our anniversary. We were both first-timers at Timmer's, so we weren't sure what to expect, but after that dinner experience, we will most certainly be back. Great staff and the food was prepared to perfection! We sat outside and had a wonderful lake view to enjoy a peaceful glass of wine before our dinner was served. After we finished dinner we shared a nice walk down to the lake and watched the sunset. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 236 reviews are from the Timmer's Resort reviews archive.
- OK but not great.BigTruckDined on 6/22/2014First I have to say the staff was awesome. The bartender however said she would find the answer to a question. She never did. We walked down to the lake to see a antique boat and found empty beer bottles and bottle caps lying around the grounds. It was 11 am. You think if they were open at 10 those things would have been cleaned up. It looked like there was a late night party and no one policed the grounds. The staff needs to take pride in the beautiful grounds. The food was OK. Not much of a lunch offering for the brunch. Omlet was good. Over all It was really no better than any other brunch I've been to. Expected more from Timmer's. Would maybe try eating dinner but won't be back for brunch.Special Features:
- Good Food / Slow ServicerandyhDined on 6/21/2014We had a 6:30 dinner reservation, was seated about 7:20. Meals arrived about 8:05. Not the type service I expect. Food though, was very good. Nice variety on the menu.Special Features:
- Ambience & View Great / service okgnollaDined on 6/15/2014The food at Timmer's Resort was good, and the ambience and view outstanding. The service was good. 2 comments on the service for improvement though... 1. they charged for a child brunch without asking the age of our little guy. He's 3, so should have been no charge. 2. They left us sit for quite some time when we were done, and I had to go ask for the bill. The server was however very friendly. We sat outside, and it was a tad windy. She noticed our water glasses got some debris from the tree and changed them out for fresh glasses without asking. One of the new glasses was cracked however, so we set it aside.Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceLuv2dineDined on 6/8/2014Wonderful experience ....great food combined with a Northwoods atmosphere that takes one back to a simpler more relaxed time, yet has a charm and elegance to the atmosphere combined with a friendly staff. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lakeside treat!MilwaukeedinerDined on 6/1/2014We chose brunch at Timmers because my in-laws live nearby, but we will go back because it was terrific! Perfect weather helped, but we also had excellent and diverse food, a wonderful patio setting, and excellent service. Many Milwaukeans are familiar with Fran who managed the Riverlane Inn for many years. We were surprised and very pleased to find her now managing Timmers. When I told Fran the online reviews reflect negatively on the service, she responded "Not anymore." Those of us who saw her work at the Riverlane Inn know she will create warmth with the clientele and tenure with the staff. The resort history goes back to 1886, but the building is totally renovated – retaining its historic style. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- timmer's brunchdeerhunterDined on 5/18/2014Nice view of lake. Could have had a little more food for brunch. No meat besides sausage and bacon. No eggs either.. If you wanted a omelette you had to stand in line for it. The desert's were good.Special Features:
- special PlacewiscehitehouseVIPDined on 5/17/2014We travel 30 miles regularly to experience the wonderful people, the superb menu and food (especially tor a lake country spot), and the incomparable ambience on Big Cedar Lake! Toss in a ford pit, bocci ball and a great barand you cant miss!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day BrunchTravel2DineDined on 5/11/2014Absolutely loved the Brunch! Every dish was delicious and a wide variety for all taste. The tenderloin was melt in your mouth perfect with a excellent reduced sauce to accompany it. I would recommend to everyone and we will return again. The grounds and the view of the lake are lovely as well.Special Features:
- Lovely ExperienceDesa2014Dined on 5/11/2014I took my Grandmother here for Mother's Day brunch and we both really enjoyed ourselves....great food, great service, beautiful location in the country :)Special Features:
- Great Sunday brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Wide variety of foods, all fresh and delicious. Would recommend to everyone. Very good.Special Features:
- Timmers ReviewmothersdayDined on 5/11/2014We went to celebrate Mother's Day. Very good BrunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceJDKP1016Dined on 4/26/2014Had dinner with friends who'd eaten there before and raved about it and we agreed! Had the Sat. night special with Filet and Crab Legs - everything was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expectations MetIronWillDined on 4/22/2014Great Food, Great Service, Great Facility,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Special Features:
- West Bend - DelightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/22/2014Looking for a 'just right' dining experience featuring great food, fine wine, view of the lake, and moderate pricing? Select TIMMER's!Special Features:
- brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014I love the looks and feel of Timmer's Resort very pretty love the way it is tucked away, however I thought The Easter Brunch was very expensive and not satisfied at all with food selection everything was just ok would not come back for brunch and would not recommend to friends overall it was a little disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchGoodeatgoodtimeDined on 4/20/2014We have been at Timmer's a couple times before, for dinner and have never been disappointed. Great food properly priced and a wonderful location. Easter Sunday brunch was no different. We were greeted and seated quickly water and drink offers were made quickly. The food was beautifully prepared and delicious. We did not feel rushed, and had a lovely walk around the grounds afterwords. I would highly recommend Timmer's for your next dining or brunch experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.