West Bend, WI 53095Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.timmersresort.net/
- Phone: 262-338-7710
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Brunch: 10:30am - 1:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday Open at 4pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: John Grasso
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Let Timmer's cater your event!
- Private Party Facilities: At Timmer's we specialize in making your event memorable. We have the Parlor that will handle 35 guests for a sit down dinner. The main dinning room can handle 75 guests for a sit down dinner and our bar can handle 50 guests for a cocktail and appetizer party. In the summer our outdoor grounds will make your party or wedding a very special event. WE have a tent that will accommodate up to 200 and another tent that will accommodate 100 people. We can have an event as casual as a pig roast to a carpeted and chandelier tent event. Your desires will be our goals.
- Private Party Contact: Amy Bellehumeur 262-338-7710
A word from Timmer's Resort
Come and visit this beautiful historic landmark! Built in 1880 Timmer's Resort was totally remodeled in 2008 to restore the original charm of this lakeside dining and cabin resort. Our beautiful lodge has fire places in each dining room as well as beautiful views of Big Cedar Lake and its surrounding pines and native foliage. Our classic menu offers homemade goodness. Salads, Sandwiches, Seafood, Aged Steaks, Ribs along with our signature dishes Chicken Wellington & Citrus Crusted Salmon! You will discover our homemade desserts are sure to please. Our wine list is strong with California and US wines that will please any wine aficionado. Summer months you will want to enjoy our outdoor dining patio..It's everyone's favorite! Let us share our love of true Wisconsin hospitality with you. Timmer’s offers live music on the weekends for your entertainment. We welcome you to enjoy and discover Timmer’s!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Timmer's Resort - Best Restaurants in West Bend ›
Timmer's Resort reviews from OpenTable diners
53 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (38)great for outdoor dining (37)great for brunch (26)special occasion (23)good for groups (17)romantic (16)neighborhood gem (14)kid-friendly (8)great for lunch (8)hot spot (4)fit for foodies (4)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (3)notable wine list (3)Show More
- A Wonderful EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/28/2014We were not sure what to expect, but everything was done exceptionally well. We would highly recommend TimmersSpecial Features:
- wilburVIPDined on 8/24/2014We enjoyed the restaurant. Service was a little indifferent, but perhaps that was because we were the only table on the outdoor patio. That was compensated for by it being very quiet. :) We'd like to return when the leaves are changing.Special Features:
- Music too loud2localsDined on 8/17/2014Sunday evening the singer didn't need amplification The patio is serene and scenic but we had to speak very loud to each other to compete with the music. Maybe at 9:00 pm but notfor 5:00 pm diners. It wrecked the ambience Food was marginal for price Duck was very tough Ate here twice before and very happy, this time very disappointed.
- Great meal and atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/3/2014I love going to Timmer's resort. Not only do they have an amazing patio with a view of the Big Cedar Lake, but the food is great. Before sitting, we went to the bar for a drink and had some incredible service. The bar staff was willing to laugh and chat with us while still giving all the same attention to everyone in the bar (and it was pretty busy even that early). When we were ready, we went outside and choose the scallops for dinner. They were cooked perfectly. I can't say anything bad about the place. The wait staff was there when we needed her and but did not hover at all.Special Features:
- family dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/2/2014We have been to Timmer's many times. It is usually hit or miss. The food is sometimes good, sometimes great, along with the service. It's too bad it isn't more consistent.Special Features:
- Timmer's resortdinner42Dined on 7/26/2014Timmers offers the wonderful feeling of a lake resort of days gone by. The outdoor patio is always pleasant, the view of the lake and grounds serene and the food is delicious. The menu selection offers a variety for nearly every diner, the staff is always friendly and the desserts should not be missed. After dinner take a walk to the lake and enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Timmer's ResortRalphDined on 7/19/2014My wife and I had dinner with a friend on the patio at Timmer's Resort. The experience of eating "el fresco" was outstanding. The evening was warm and the conversation was delightful. The wait staff were very attentive and the wine (a nice Pinot Noir) went down very smoothly. The food was excellent! We each had something different from the menu - prime rib, halibut and salmon. All were great! Dessert and coffee afterwards were great as well. Definitely will be coming back and dining here again! :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect dining experienceBobandDianeDined on 7/16/2014We visited Timmer's a few years ago after reading a great review in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. We loved it then and love it now. I took my wife there for her birthday on 7/16/14 and it really was a perfect experience. The staff was warm and inviting. The setting has always been great and the food was superior. They acknowledged the birthday and provided a dessert for us to share. Timmer's is our "special occasion place." Though we often dress up to go it is not necessary. It is a high class place on a resort so most come dressed very casual. I used the Timmer's APP to make the reservation and review the menu. It worked well. I would strongly recommend Timmer's to anyone looking for a great dining experience.Special Features:
- Lakeside Dining at it's Bestlrb64Dined on 7/13/2014We just enjoyed brunch at Timmer's Resort Restaurant. We sat on the patio on a beautiful, crisp sunny Sunday afternoon. Food was very good. The chef prepared special order omelets were excellent, ingredients were very fresh. Our server was excellent---she took great care of us as we celebrated a 50th birthday. We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- CrustyDined on 7/6/2014We've dined there twice-both excellent and had brunch there with the whole family (including grandchildren) also excellent. A hidden gem!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place for Brunch!SusanDined on 7/6/2014Having had a great dining experience at Mother's Day brunch, we just recently enjoyed another Sunday afternoon brunch at Timmers'. This time we ate outdoors and were able to enjoy the view of Big Cedar Lake. The selection for brunch may not be as large as some other places, however, what is available is high quality. Especially like the made to order omelets and the rustic decor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing specialOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/5/2014The food and service were just okay. It was a Saturday night, and prime rib was one of the specials with two options listed, the lady and the lord. When we asked the server the difference in size between the two, she said the lady was smaller and made shapes with her hands to try and demonstrate the size of the two options. We asked weight-wise what the difference was, and she had no idea. Seemed bizarre. Regardless, we both ordered prime rib and it was just okay. A little dry and not very flavorful. We sat outside, which was really the nicest part of the meal. All of this said, for the area, the restaurant is probably worth another look. Just don't bother with the prime rib.Special Features:
- Great day!luv2eatDined on 6/29/2014Timmers was all I hoped for and more. We had a lovely time with old friends. Great brunch! Sat by the lake and talked after we ate. Lovely day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014My wife and I had dinner reservations for our anniversary. We were both first-timers at Timmer's, so we weren't sure what to expect, but after that dinner experience, we will most certainly be back. Great staff and the food was prepared to perfection! We sat outside and had a wonderful lake view to enjoy a peaceful glass of wine before our dinner was served. After we finished dinner we shared a nice walk down to the lake and watched the sunset. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK but not great.BigTruckDined on 6/22/2014First I have to say the staff was awesome. The bartender however said she would find the answer to a question. She never did. We walked down to the lake to see a antique boat and found empty beer bottles and bottle caps lying around the grounds. It was 11 am. You think if they were open at 10 those things would have been cleaned up. It looked like there was a late night party and no one policed the grounds. The staff needs to take pride in the beautiful grounds. The food was OK. Not much of a lunch offering for the brunch. Omlet was good. Over all It was really no better than any other brunch I've been to. Expected more from Timmer's. Would maybe try eating dinner but won't be back for brunch.Special Features:
- Good Food / Slow ServicerandyhDined on 6/21/2014We had a 6:30 dinner reservation, was seated about 7:20. Meals arrived about 8:05. Not the type service I expect. Food though, was very good. Nice variety on the menu.Special Features:
- Ambience & View Great / service okgnollaDined on 6/15/2014The food at Timmer's Resort was good, and the ambience and view outstanding. The service was good. 2 comments on the service for improvement though... 1. they charged for a child brunch without asking the age of our little guy. He's 3, so should have been no charge. 2. They left us sit for quite some time when we were done, and I had to go ask for the bill. The server was however very friendly. We sat outside, and it was a tad windy. She noticed our water glasses got some debris from the tree and changed them out for fresh glasses without asking. One of the new glasses was cracked however, so we set it aside.Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceLuv2dineDined on 6/8/2014Wonderful experience ....great food combined with a Northwoods atmosphere that takes one back to a simpler more relaxed time, yet has a charm and elegance to the atmosphere combined with a friendly staff. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lakeside treat!MilwaukeedinerDined on 6/1/2014We chose brunch at Timmers because my in-laws live nearby, but we will go back because it was terrific! Perfect weather helped, but we also had excellent and diverse food, a wonderful patio setting, and excellent service. Many Milwaukeans are familiar with Fran who managed the Riverlane Inn for many years. We were surprised and very pleased to find her now managing Timmers. When I told Fran the online reviews reflect negatively on the service, she responded "Not anymore." Those of us who saw her work at the Riverlane Inn know she will create warmth with the clientele and tenure with the staff. The resort history goes back to 1886, but the building is totally renovated – retaining its historic style. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- timmer's brunchdeerhunterDined on 5/18/2014Nice view of lake. Could have had a little more food for brunch. No meat besides sausage and bacon. No eggs either.. If you wanted a omelette you had to stand in line for it. The desert's were good.Special Features:
- special PlacewiscehitehouseVIPDined on 5/17/2014We travel 30 miles regularly to experience the wonderful people, the superb menu and food (especially tor a lake country spot), and the incomparable ambience on Big Cedar Lake! Toss in a ford pit, bocci ball and a great barand you cant miss!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day BrunchTravel2DineDined on 5/11/2014Absolutely loved the Brunch! Every dish was delicious and a wide variety for all taste. The tenderloin was melt in your mouth perfect with a excellent reduced sauce to accompany it. I would recommend to everyone and we will return again. The grounds and the view of the lake are lovely as well.Special Features:
- Lovely ExperienceDesa2014Dined on 5/11/2014I took my Grandmother here for Mother's Day brunch and we both really enjoyed ourselves....great food, great service, beautiful location in the country :)Special Features:
- Great Sunday brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Wide variety of foods, all fresh and delicious. Would recommend to everyone. Very good.Special Features:
- Timmers ReviewmothersdayDined on 5/11/2014We went to celebrate Mother's Day. Very good BrunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 225 reviews are from the Timmer's Resort reviews archive.
- Great food and serviceJDKP1016Dined on 4/26/2014Had dinner with friends who'd eaten there before and raved about it and we agreed! Had the Sat. night special with Filet and Crab Legs - everything was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expectations MetIronWillDined on 4/22/2014Great Food, Great Service, Great Facility,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Special Features:
- West Bend - DelightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/22/2014Looking for a 'just right' dining experience featuring great food, fine wine, view of the lake, and moderate pricing? Select TIMMER's!Special Features:
- brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014I love the looks and feel of Timmer's Resort very pretty love the way it is tucked away, however I thought The Easter Brunch was very expensive and not satisfied at all with food selection everything was just ok would not come back for brunch and would not recommend to friends overall it was a little disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchGoodeatgoodtimeDined on 4/20/2014We have been at Timmer's a couple times before, for dinner and have never been disappointed. Great food properly priced and a wonderful location. Easter Sunday brunch was no different. We were greeted and seated quickly water and drink offers were made quickly. The food was beautifully prepared and delicious. We did not feel rushed, and had a lovely walk around the grounds afterwords. I would highly recommend Timmer's for your next dining or brunch experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great locationJulieFDined on 4/20/2014This is such a cozy restaurant looking out on Big Cedar lake. Food and atmosphere is great. The bar area is well done and makes you feel you're on vacation in northern WI. One criticism .... They should have make your own omelets for brunch. We were there for Easter and this was not offered, which was disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Fireplace and staff!CarnivorDined on 3/4/2014Great steaks and great ambiance! Friendly staff and an eagerness to make things right. The Open Hearth fireplace is a great focal point of the main dining room and adds to the relaxed but warm atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak was very tough & under-cookedJoy1Dined on 3/1/2014Steak was very tough & under-cooked. The rest of the food was just so-so. The large fire place was very nice.
- Great, quaint place for dining out!illinimamaDined on 2/20/2014Our food was delicious, from our appetizer all the way through our dinner. I had the lobster ravioli and it was fantastic! There were only a couple of people dining at the same time as us, and it was ideal - being right in front of the fireplace on a cold night. We love coming back, whether it is summer time and dining outdoors or winter and being by the fire!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- O.k, tough to get toSMJRDined on 2/17/2014It was o.k, did it once, not worth the long,confusing drive for an out-of-towner.
- Brunch not up to expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/16/2014We have eaten off the regular menu several times and also attended a wedding at Timmers. On those occasions the food was outstanding and fresh. We have sat outside on Summer evenings and enjoyed their creative menu. The Sunday brunch was disappointing, however. We had a 12:30 seating and the restaurant closed at 1:30 so the pastries were scarce and stale. Much of the food had been sitting and was not fresh. The smoked fish (which we were all looking forward to) was dry and there was not much left of it. The omelet bar was very good. We also wish there would have been a bigger meat selection or some shrimp or seafood. There was bacon and sausage but that was about it.Special Features:
- Ambiance great - Food misses markFood4AllDined on 2/15/2014My husband and I have dined a few times at Timmers. Beautiful building and ambiance. Food has slipped. Last visit was Valentine's Day. We arrived and were greeted, not by our hostess, but a nice woman handing out flowers. I received a tulip and a piece of paper. Our hostess arrived shortly after to take us to our table. At the table, the piece of paper was an invitation to experience Mary Kay cosmetics. Tacky. Our server arrived to take our drink order. Very pleasant. My husband ordered pork medallions and I had the stuffed chicken breast special. Pork was overdone. Chicken breast nice and crispy, not flavorful. The greens in the salad were wilty. The butter was refrigerator-y tasting. No salt/pepper on table. Hope things improve there.Special Features:
- Everything Was GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014I would recommend this place to anyone. The food and service was excellent. The menu is a little more upscale and therefore does not offer some basic dinners such as shrimp or pasta. This restaurant does not have a huge menu but rather focuses on items that they do well. If you are looking for sports bar food such as onion rings, cheese curds or pizza look somewhere else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Warm FeelingRonaldoDined on 2/13/2014On a cold night in a long cold winter you are able to go in there and get warm service with warm atmosphere. Was a beautiful night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice night outJtRtDined on 1/25/2014Service was friendly and well-paced, food was delicious, and the surroundings made for a pleasant evening to celebrate our wedding anniversary.Special Features: