1315 Sansom Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.timerestaurant.net/
- Phone: 2159854800
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 1:00am, Friday and Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Brunch Sunday 12:00pm - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Gastro Pub, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Josh McCullough
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: The upstairs lounge/ private dining room is available. Call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Terrance Leach 2159854800
- Entertainment: Live Music In our main dining room Seven nights a week DJ's upstairs in the Bohemian Absinthe Lounge
A word from Time
Time offers something for everyone. The cuisine at Time focuses on American and continental fare. Every palate will be satisfied by the plates the Chef creates in a cosmopolitan, stylish atmosphere. The main dining room offers an elegant bar, ample comfortable seating and live music every night. The Whisky Bar & Tap Room offers twenty beers on draft, over One Hundred single malts, small batch bourbons, whiskeys and Ryes as well as a 3 flat screens with the game on. The upstairs Bohemian Absinthe Lounge dances until 2:00am Thursday through Saturday.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Time reviews from OpenTable diners
22 reviews since April 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelEnergetic
vibrant bar scene (18)hot spot (14)late-night find (10)neighborhood gem (9)fit for foodies (8)romantic (8)special occasion (6)good for groups (3)scenic view (2)great for brunch (1)notable wine list (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Make time for Timedinaglio45VIPDined on 8/14/2014Second visit to Time. This was a pre-Book of Mormon early dinner. We were seated promptly. The service was professional and prompt. The food was delicious. Gastro-pub type food. The fried chicken sandwich was extraordinary. I highly recommend Time for a fun evening out w/ great food.Special Features:
- Tim from TimeNewThingsDined on 8/9/2014Atmosphere was great. Service outstanding. Music was good. Get there early for Jazz. Tim, the manager, made the experience exceptional. Very attentive to our needs. Even stopped by at midnight-on the dot-to wish me a Happy Birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the Jazz and AbsinthelovethefoodandwineDined on 8/5/2014The jazz music and absinthe drink display are great. The food is really mediocre. The price point is fine, and actually it is as if they understand their food is mediocre at that price. I will be back for drinks and not for food.Special Features:
- Fiddle me this!NYThereseDined on 5/17/2014Great place: live music & dinner with friends. I had the duck breast with fiddlehead ferns- WOW! It had a trio of sauces..earthy, savory, deep flavors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good timekplgemDined on 5/14/2014Great food and service. Wine selection is nice. Always have great jazzy bands playing which is a nice setting for dinner. Perfect date place or to catch up with a friend. Never had a bad experience. Great place to catch a bite and drink in the city. People always having a good time at Time!Special Features:
- The following 273 reviews are from the Time reviews archive.
- Great timenicholeknowsDined on 4/24/2014I visited Time to hear the Luke O'Reilly band. The restaurant had a very interesting set up (a bar type setting on one side and a restaurant/bar on the other). The lighting and an ambience was nice, the energy was good for the event and the band did an awesome job. It appeared to be a regular crowd and they seemed to have a family-like feel. The food was delish! I definitely will be going back, which definitely means a lot because I really don't like going downtown at night.Special Features:
- odd experiencezhannaDined on 4/20/2014My recommendation to visit & be pleasantly surprisedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Spot Tucked Away on Sansom StMaggsDined on 4/12/2014My girlfriend and I were attending a play at the Academy of Music. The location was ideal for an early dinner before the show. The waitstaff took note of the time of the show and made sure we had our bill in time to make the show. The waitstaff was very attentive. The food was delicious. You can grab a burger from the bar menu or a entree from the larger menu. All and all a very good experience. Would definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Live MusicMaryygVIPDined on 3/29/2014Met some friends for dinner when I was recently in Philly. Cute place, the menu is a bit strange. If you like whiskey you will love it here, we are wine drinkers so there was limited selection for us but it was fine. We had the cheese platter, which was good and I had the duck. The restaurant is very, very dark so it's hard to see what you are eating and I needed the flashlight app on my phone to read the menu. The live Jazz was wonderful and they have bands at night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Music is TopsWendelOpensDined on 3/16/2014We were in from NY on a Sunday night and chose this place because they had Jazz at 8:00. The trio of college kids was actually quite good; the food was very good and the menu upscale modern lounge/bar. The now-standard-everywhere bearded bartender/service guys were professional and on their game. And, to our surprise, the place even started picking up and got busier after 8/9 pm. All around a good bet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- St Patty dayMaxineDined on 3/15/2014Not realizing it was the Saturday night prior to St Pat day I would hav gone elsewhere. Very loud with masses of people on a date- not ideal. Service was very good but the noise level was so high that a conversation at the perfect back corner table was difficult to have. It is a young crowd as well and we wanted dinner w jazz .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mac 'n CheeseTex14Dined on 3/8/2014Best macaroni and cheese I've had in quite some time!! The live music was nice, but was a little too "elevator jazz" for my taste. The bar is crowded; be prepared to be jostled.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just right : )JazzmanDined on 3/4/2014I met friends for dinner at Time restaurant, food, service, drinks, were all on time, fully explained by waiter or floor manager. We did the 5 course tasting with two very nice bottles of wine moderately priced, and had the best mixed scotch and whiskey drinks. The dessert was great a scoop of Italian ice cream w espresso poured over the top. Also had the chancellor drink, scotch w port, so good. And of course the music was great, heard a bunch of Stan Getz in the beginning and improv toward end of night. When finished my date and friends said that was the perfect evening.Special Features:
- Pre theater - Fun Time at Time!!mbf6288VIPDined on 2/20/2014Were going to show at the Academy. Had outstanding dinner while listening to Thursday evening Happy Hour Jazz. Sat on the Jazz side is more civilized. Had the Salmon and it was great!. Happy Hour cocktails as well. We have been before for a jazz evening much later at night. Early is quiet, wonderful food, service and did i mention loving the Jazz!!Special Features:
- Fun on SundayKathyVIPDined on 2/16/2014We had made reservations for an early dinner after seeing a play. Very knowledgable wait staff on their Absenthe drinks. Moved over to the restaurant side for dinner. The Kale salad is a delicious treat and I could make a meal of it. Short ribs were good, but not a big fan of the cod fish cheeks.. I mentioned that and viola, they comped us 2 deserts. Best surprise was last though, the jazz group started as we were finishing up. Our jazz trumpet pro friend was with us for his birthday and LOVED the performance. It was a delightful evening and a great find given we live close by! Will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdayYummyDined on 2/1/2014I wanted to do something special for my boyfriend's birthday. They are super knowledgable about their whiskeys. We did the tasting menu which I highly recommend. Everything was unique and delicious. It is definitely a do-over for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WAs an awesome place! TotallyCollzDined on 1/31/2014WAs an awesome place! Totally enjoyed to atmosphere and the jazz band!Special Features:
- Delicious food, good fun!costello3Dined on 1/28/2014Came here for Restaurant Week, Time was featuring a five-course meal. The food was all amazing, each of the courses better than the last. There was a band playing near us the entire time, which made it a little difficult to hold a proper conversation, but not uncomfortably loud. The server was great, very prompt on refilling our glasses, and the kitchen was on point with getting each course out hot and timely. Definitely love when Restaurant Week highlights a good one, we will definitely find ourselves coming back here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekvolcfomDined on 1/28/2014I've gone for their open-mic nights before, but this was my first time dining. I was highly pleased and impressed with their restaurant week offerings. Great blend of savory, salty, sour, and sweet. I would definitely eat at Time again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- allthreessexycoupleas1Dined on 1/26/2014The most exciting thing about Time was the music and live band. It was very romantic for my husband and I. As far as the food it was great but the portions were too small. The space was ok we love the candles and lighting. I specifically love that as soon as we arrived our table was ready we were seated right away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good live musicOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/24/2014The room is a little crowded, but cozy. Diners sit along the wall and watch the action at the bar. Menu is small, but dishes include creative flavorS. Whiskey list is impressive (ok, kind of overwhelming) but wine list is not. Nice to have live music with dinner. A nice choice for a grown up evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We went to Time for RestaurantjamaicajamVIPDined on 1/24/2014We went to Time for Restaurant Week and were very pleased with our selection. Their Restaurant Week menu was inventive and unique and had 5 COURSES! Things like collard green risotto and a wonderfully prepared salmon dish with white beans and goat cheese (i think it was goat cheese). By the end of the meal we were very satisfied but not stuffed and brought no leftovers home. The band was very good and the volume did not intrude on our conversation. They played a wide variety of music that night which appealed to different tastes. Would definitely go back again to explore their regular menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and great servicetigerlillyDined on 1/15/2014My wife and I dined at Time on 1/15/14 in the early evening. Our waiter, whose name I do not recall, was attentive and knew the food and drink menu very well. We tried the absinthe for the first time and our waiter was very patient explaining the details and nuances of the drink. Note: if you dont like black licorice, dont bother. The duck was succulent and the salmon was fresh and excellent. The portions were just right but the dessert menu was lacking. I had expected some sort of cake but the choices were not what I had envisioned. You have to see for yourself. A live jazz band consisting of a sax player and bass player were on the stage in the dining room so it was difficult to hear at times. All in all, recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scotch & live music lovers paradiseRickyVIPDined on 1/8/2014Went here for dinner with a colleague on a Wednesday evening and was pleasantly surprised. The whiskey list is exceptional and there was a love band playing some very good trio style jazz. I had the salmon and considering the menu is bar focused it was shockingly good. Among one of the best salmons I've tried ever! Downstairs on the left is the dining room, on the right is the bar and upstairs is apparently a club but I didn't have a chance to check that out. It gets a bit loud with the band playing but the vibe is somewhat energetic to begin with. Overall this is a great spot to check out bits not huge so maybe a table for too or a few is you beat bet but considering the scotch selection I certainly intend on returning here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful find!BabyMakesChaosDined on 12/20/2013We made reservations here for our anniversary based on other reviews and menu. We weren't disappointed! Time has great ambiance and fantistic food. The restaurant had a nice, cozy feel, and there was a live, low-key jazz/soul singer. It was perfect background for our date. We ended up getting the 7-course tasting menu (shared), which was pretty cool. The wait staff was incredibly friendly and helpful in regards to food and drinks (they have an extensive whiskey bar and absinthe selection). It was great to talk about the courses as they were brought out -- the tasting menu is a surprise to them, too! The food was just incredible; we were super happy with our decision! Anyone looking for something fun and unique should consider Time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and ambience, butKateDined on 12/7/2013My second time at Time and I was not disappointed in the food, ambiance or the music - Time has this down for the best combination. The service, however was SO full of attitude that we could have let it ruin our evening. Server was almost rude with her comments and carried the "I am a cool young person who lives in the city - I am better than you" attitude too far. We will definitely return to Time but will sit at the bar next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great beer, great live jazz,CornercoupleDined on 11/26/2013Great beer, great live jazz, good food (tried the bone marrow...) . We had the best seat in the house for a long distance relationship couple. We sat side by side in the corner of the long bench with a little table. Could see the band but far enough away so we could talk easily (English is her second language). We arrived at 730 and the place gradually filled with a lively crowd. Hope we didn't gross y'all out with the PDA!Special Features:
- Great Jazz and food. The wiskeyOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/17/2013Great Jazz and food. The wiskey menu was supurb as was the bartenders knowledge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great find.ExpatriotDinerDined on 11/17/2013We visit Philly on a regular basis and have dined at many fine restaurants. This was our first trip to Time and we were delighted to discover this intimate place with very good food, friendly but unobtrusive service and live jazz on a Sunday evening. This place was a real find and we'll certainly be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great TIME !umpd1Dined on 11/16/2013Place was fun and enjoyable. Not too loud but definitely alive. Food and service was wonderful and will return. There were waiting lines so best to book ahead. I did and had a table waiting.Special Features:
- Loved Time. The bar tendersBetsyVIPDined on 11/9/2013Loved Time. The bar tenders go out of their way to make you happy. The food and service was excellant. We did the tasting menu and it was awesome. The live music was great.Special Features:
- Great food and live musicDaveVIPDined on 11/1/2013My wife and I had a great dinner (pork chops for me and lobster pasta special for my wife and we share the kale salad). Each course was extremely tasty. We were pleasantly surprised by the jazz duo who played. It really made the night one to remember. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality & ValueRickVIPDined on 10/26/2013We entertained our guests at Time Saturday night and everything was impressive. It is always a pleasure when the chef expresses his/her creativity with specials that reflect the season and mood of the city. Time has a very hard-working and competent staff and Tim, a general manager makes sure the entire experience is high in quality, steeped in value and quite memorable. He is extremely knowledgeable about the fare and will guide you to your favorite flavors of food and drink. We are always very pleased and Time is on a very short list of venues we make sure our guests enjoy when they visit Philadelphia.Special Features:
- We love Timeglittle01Dined on 10/25/2013Time has become me and my husband's spot -- it's a real gem. We love the atmosphere at Time -- the music is great, the food is yummy, and the drinks are just right. We've been to Time about four times now and can't wait to go back again. I highly recommend The Burger and the Mac n Cheese is great too. Go early for a romantic dinner with nice live music or later for a more energetic scene.Special Features:
- Time to get yourself to TIMELoveMyFoodDined on 10/18/2013Time Restaurant and Bar is great place to go for drinks and dinner. Located at 1315 Sansom Street. We went here before the a theater show. Our food was excellent! I recommend the Duck Breast. Our server was excellent. The bill was reasonable including drinks. We will definately return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great meal with goodSteveVIPDined on 10/14/2013Had a great meal with good service here. Would recommend to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had dinner reservationsSmileNLaugh4MeDined on 9/27/2013We had dinner reservations for 6:30 on a Fri for Restaurant Week. We were seated early and there wasn't many people there, however, by the time our food started arriving the restaurant started filling up. It seems like a popular spot for drinks. Lots of people mingling around with drinks in their hand. It got a bit annoying with so many people around. I was seated in the chair that was on the walkway side and people kept bumping into the chair. It probably wouldn't have been as bad if we weren't seated at the high top tables. The food was delicious though they did forget the tomatoes in my friend's main dish. There was also live jazz music while we ate. I would love to go back for drinks and check out some of the other rooms.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- it's a bar146restaurantssampledVIPDined on 9/24/2013we were seated in an area surrounded by standing bar patrons. my wife was seated on the outside of the table and was bumped into and had patrons lean on her chair. not an area conducive to dining.
- Great drinks, OK foodBabygDined on 9/19/2013I started out at the bar, and the drinks were phenomenal. I highly recommend the Presbyterian. The food was mediocre, and my dessert tasted like it was hot out of the microwave. There was live music which was nice.Special Features:
- That evening the 2nd bandPassportDined on 9/18/2013That evening the 2nd band was a bit loud for the space. But great food, great drinks, great service and a very unique space, we enjoyed it a lot!I would recommend this to a friend.