Timberline Grill - Ameristar Casino Black Hawk
111 Richman St.
Black Hawk, CO 80422Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Timberline Grill - Ameristar Casino Black Hawk
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ameristar.com/Black_Hawk_Dining_Timberline_Grill.aspx
- Phone: 7209484082
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday, Wednesday - Thursday: 5:00pm -9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm -10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Eddie Allen
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Timberline Grill - Ameristar Casino Black Hawk
With its walls of reclaimed timber, intricately carved wooden bar and solid cherry wood furnishings, the Timberline Grill pays homage to the best Colorado craftsmanship. And its cuisine is equally impeccable. When you’re savoring one of our signature dishes, such as cedar plank salmon or roasted prime rib, in front of a roaring fire, it's easy to imagine that you're high up in the Rockies, experiencing the deep peace that can only be found in an isolated cabin. One that serves Chocolate Avalanche Cake, that is.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Timberline Grill - Ameristar Casino Black Hawk reviews from OpenTable diners
82 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (54)romantic (35)notable wine list (17)good for groups (16)fit for foodies (16)late-night find (7)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (2)great for brunch (2)neighborhood gem (2)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- UnderwhelmedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014Chose the Ameristar as girls night out to celebrate my friend's birthday with a nice local getaway dinner. The menu had a lot of choices and dinner was nice, but not as exceptional as the prices.
- Not worth the $$SandieinArvadaDined on 8/17/2014Compared to the White Buffalo restaurant right across the street at the Lodge Casino, this meal was way over priced. My rack of lamb was half the size of what I have had at the White Buffalo, only came with one side and did not inlcude soup or salad. The server poured water all over the table and my son in law and didn't apologize. When I made the reservation onlione, I included a message that it was my daughter's birthday and asked that they provide some kind of treat. I watched a desert with a lighted candle be delivered to another table, but nothing came for us. Very disappointing and we won't be back.
- 46th Anniversary CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014My wife and I chose Timberline Grill over Delfrisco's to celebrate our anniversary. The reservation included notice of our celebration. The food and service was absolutely outstanding. Unfortunately when it came to anyone commenting or wishing us a happy anniversary, no one said "boo, bah or kiss my a--. No one even bothered to acknowledge our SPECIAL DAY! We were very disappointed and will most likely never go back! Delfrisco's, here we come, they would have even given us a "free dessert" in honor of our special occasion. We didn't expect anything for free, but it sure would have been nice if someone had acknowledged why we were there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outrageous prices for subpar foodJessDined on 8/16/2014This is the second time my husband and I have been to Timberline. The first was a few years ago and it was excellent. This past weekend when we went it was such a disappointment. I knew it was expensive as I had been there before, but the food was awful this time. I could have been at a $20 all you can eat joint for the quality of food we had. Kind of disappointing.
- ontheroadDined on 8/8/2014Very enjoyable evening!! Great service!!ontheroadSpecial Features:
- Not Good .OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014We have eaten here a few times .. This occasion was a disappointment .. My sirloin was tough , but my wife's filet was great. I did add a grilled shrimp plate to my meal and it was very good , with 6 large tiger shrimp.. The REAL distraction was a group of 10 who were very loud and disturbing to all the dinners ... And .. a side issue was that a madre-dei usually assists the ladies with seating ,, this one never did .. Not once did I see him pull out a chair at any table..Special Features:
- Good food, good serviceTraveljunkieDined on 8/3/2014Went to the Timberline Grill at the Ameristar Grill and was pleasantly surprised. The food was good, I had the Idaho trout and my husband had the Rack of Lamb. The service was very good. The wine list was pretty good as well. Overall, it was a good experience and we would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than buffetShawndaDined on 8/2/2014This restaurant has really good food, especially if you are tired of the buffet's in Black Hawk. Sure, it's more expensive, but the food is WAY better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Timberline GrillOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/31/2014The food was fantastic. Shared the special - porterhouse steak. Cooked to perfection. Sides of baked potato and asparagus made it fantastic! The food server was wonderful. The only negative, after we got cocktails, and water, the water was never refilled.Special Features:
- Just stick to BuffetmojoDined on 7/27/2014Two sets of dinner rolls were rock hard and then they brought my friend's meal (Caeser salad) out later than our other two meals. When it was delivered, it was improperly dressed and we couldn't find anyone to help us. When it did come back it was fine, but the third guest and I were half way done with our meals. When I asked for pepper for my Caesar salad, the server indicated the shaker was the only option, and then later brought out a pepper mill. It seemed we should have had some compensation for the multiple inconveniences, but none was offered.
- Melt in Your Mouth SteaksValerieDined on 7/20/2014Being a foodie, my expectations are quite high, and The Timberline Grill met many of them. The filet was cooked perfectly, tender and had a lovely flavor, the broccoli was good but a bit bland, as was the potato. We ate way more bread than we should have, it was just so good, we couldn't stop. Creme Brûlée was some of the best we've had. The server was accommodating, but not overly spectacular. The ambience was nice, but not anything special. But did I mention the steaks?Special Features:
- dry..Nan1Dined on 7/18/2014The filet was so dry it was horrible even though I order it med rare. Had to tell the waitress no Parmesan they always put so much on its horrible. It was okay. Potatoes fries were awesome. No steak sauce was offered from the waitress.
- Anniversary weekendscbrown72Dined on 7/12/2014This restaurant is located just off the Ameristar Casino floor, and, keeping with a vacation atmosphere, was full of people loudly having a good time. Despite being in a casino, the food was very good and the service was terrific. This was a repeat experience for us, and, since we had good steaks the first time a year ago, we again ordered steak and prime rib, and they were excellent, although my filet was a bit overcooked. It was pricey, but not bad in this day and age of a la carte steak houses.Special Features:
- July 2014July2014Dined on 7/12/2014We had a group of 12, which Timberline Grill was able to accommodate for our occasion. Our server, Chad, was friendly and informative. Appetizers were sizeable and very good - we had calamari, crab cakes & shrimp. Everyone at our table enjoyed the dinner they ordered. I had the filet, with a side of crab and asparagus, which was delicious. I tasted the braised short ribs which were also very good. It was a great evening and Timberline was a great choice.Special Features:
- Casino Steak HousereviewbymartyDined on 7/9/2014Nice dinner spot within the casino! Service was great, but they have a problem tying your reservation to the actual party on arriving. Other than that, It was a nice experience and the food was very good.Special Features:
- Always a Delightful ExperienceEdEdDined on 7/6/2014The Timberline is always a pleasant place for food, drink, conversation, and comfortable dining. While we always ask for Mariola as our server, all staff is professional and friendly, making us feel at home. We can count on Mariola to remember our preferences in food and drink, remember family members and others who join our party. We always look forward to an evening out at the Timberline.Special Features:
- LifeIsTooShortDined on 7/6/2014We had a good meal but not a great one. It is the best place we have eaten in Black Hawk but there is very little competition. For $37 my Rib eye steak was a bit tough but it did have a good flavor. We will go back when in Black Hawk.Special Features:
- ChloebearDined on 7/3/2014We always make it a point to dine here when we go "up the hill". This is by far the BEST food Black Hawk! The steaks are to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodEater2014Dined on 6/28/2014Was having dinner with a friend. Booth table very nice, comfortable for two and probably four. Service was very good. Food was acceptable. Lacking salt and acid somewhat. My friend had a scallop special. Scallops were well cooked, excessive parpadelle pasta, zucchini and yellow squash in huge chunks? Needs more sauce and more salt and acid. I had the trout. Was ok, well cooked once again needs salt and acid! Overall for a APH of $40+ was ok! not great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Repeat customers, always TASTY!GDandDdDined on 6/26/2014We almost always dine here while visiting Blackhawk...the staff is always friendly and accomodating, and the food is always TASTY! We usually split a salad AND an entree... which is always plenty for us...we seldom have room for dessert....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not ImpressedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/21/2014So it was my wife's and mine 10 year anniversary, and I booked the table with special notes in the system denoting this. This was not acknowledged by any of the staff. We had a small open table seated right next to two bachelorette parties and it was very noisy. When you plan on spending over $200 on dinner you would expect a little more of an intimate setting as well as good service and we had neither. The food was just so so, and the lobster was watered down and the steak was just average. Very disappointed in the whole experience.
- Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/18/2014I took my mother here to celebrate her 89th birthday. Our server was excellent. Quick to accommodate one gluten free preference even considering a gf dessert when she brought out my mothers complimentary birthday treat. We shared the large filet and added lump crab and a huge baked potato. No problem with sharing meal. Wine list is just ok, however, we found something to enjoy. This is definitely the best choice in Blackhawk!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversaryjillbie2165Dined on 6/18/2014We celebrated our anniversary there and the food and service was amazing! The trout was delicious!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fathers DayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014We had a lovely Fathers Day dinner. The noise level was perfect for conversation and the food was all outstanding.Special Features:
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/13/2014Have visited many times before. Always a great experience. Great servers. Great menu items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobster Bisqueeatsmith888Dined on 6/12/2014The lobster bisque is a must have at the Timberline grill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experience!BlondieDined on 6/8/2014Very pleasant dining experience. Staff was courteous, friendly and professional. Food was delicious, and generous portions. Warm and relaxing atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2014We have been here several times and it never fails to amaze us. The service is always amazing and the food is simple but PERFECTION! Love it and we will be back again and again!Special Features:
- Enjoyed our dinneretgekkaDined on 5/30/2014We enjoyed our dinner very much. I asked for a special side dish and both the waiter and chef were very accommodating. My lamb chops were cooked exactly the way I asked. The only issue we had was the lighting. It was so dark that we wouldn't read our menus without our phones.Special Features:
- So-soKevinDined on 5/23/2014The baked half chicken was fine, but the whole lobster was overcooked and rubbery.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerKrissyKayDined on 5/22/2014Great Anniversary dinner! Steaks were cooked perfectly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very goodbobsreviewsDined on 5/10/2014food was very good. Service was good. Lobster special was great but a bowl to discard empty shells would have been a nice touch but never arrived. Server seemed a bit rushed but overall a very good experience. How about a hot, wet towel to wash your hands of the seafood after plates are taken away?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Timberline at BlackhawkTwiga10Dined on 5/10/2014The most delicious steak I have ever had! It was recommended by the waiter and he was spot-on. Love the atmosphere and the mountain setting.Special Features:
- Awesome Sauce!SlotsoffunDined on 5/9/2014Reservations are highly recommended. My husband and I were celebrating Mother's Day a bit early. I ordered a gin martini that was expertly made, my husband chose a rich Pinot noir to start off our celebration. There were a few specials being offered, however, I chose the lobster with white asparagus and he had a New York strip. The food was very tasty, however, the lobster was a little over cooked. We will eat here everytime we're in Blackhawk!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RockyMtnHiDined on 5/7/2014Great food and service as always. Excellent steak and onion soup.Special Features:
- AmbienceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/3/2014I made reservations and was put in the middle of the front dining room which was rather loud and not private. I would think the reserved tables should be in the back dining room and save the front for walk ins.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful birthday celebrationLincolnVIPDined on 5/3/2014We decided to celebrate all our summer birthdays with an evening at Ameristar. Timberline was an excellent choice for our celebration dinner. The steaks were cooked perfectly and very tender. Chris was an amazing waiter and mixologist as well. Next time we are back in Black Hawk, we will plan our dinner at Timberline.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerCasinoDinerDined on 5/1/2014This is not the best place to go if you want to go somewhere special with your wife. Service was not up to par. From the moment we arrived and asked for a booth we were told that booths had to be reserved. Throughout our dining there were six boots always available. This place was super noisy and the staff was definitely not experienced in customer service. Courses came upon courses drinks came late and the desert looked like it came off the buffet line. Great if you're a player and it was a free comp but otherwise Save your hard earned cash!Special Features:
- DeliciousDanielDined on 5/1/2014The atmosphere is warm and inviting. Most importantly, the food is delicious. Make a reservation ahead of time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A+ plusjkcamaroDined on 5/1/2014Great food, as well as the atmosphere. Service is top shelf. The evening we were there it was a little noise but there was a large group of people in the center section. This was our second visit and both were and there will definately be more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 438 reviews are from the Timberline Grill - Ameristar Casino Black Hawk reviews archive.