Timberline Grill - Ameristar Casino Black Hawk
111 Richman St.
Black Hawk, CO 80422Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Timberline Grill - Ameristar Casino Black Hawk
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ameristar.com/Black_Hawk_Dining_Timberline_Grill.aspx
- Phone: (720) 948-4082
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday, Wednesday - Thursday: 5:00pm -9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm -11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Eddie Allen
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Timberline Grill - Ameristar Casino Black Hawk
With its walls of reclaimed timber, intricately carved wooden bar and solid cherry wood furnishings, the Timberline Grill pays homage to the best Colorado craftsmanship. And its cuisine is equally impeccable. When you’re savoring one of our signature dishes, such as cedar plank salmon or roasted prime rib, in front of a roaring fire, it's easy to imagine that you're high up in the Rockies, experiencing the deep peace that can only be found in an isolated cabin. One that serves Chocolate Avalanche Cake, that is.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Timberline Grill - Ameristar Casino Black Hawk - Best Restaurants in Black Hawk ›
Timberline Grill - Ameristar Casino Black Hawk reviews from OpenTable diners
84 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (59)romantic (33)fit for foodies (29)good for groups (20)notable wine list (14)hot spot (7)late-night find (5)neighborhood gem (4)vibrant bar scene (4)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Great place to eatOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/21/2014Timberline had great service (excellent level of attention from server). She was not hovering but was concerned and consistent.. The Crispy Point Judith Calamari with spicy pepper jam, and baby arugula was wonderful, but their spicy pepper jam was a perfect sauce for this appetizer. the Roasted Colorado Rack Of Lamb with organic Colorado wildflower honey, roasted garlic and mustard au jus was one of the best I have ever eaten. It was my birthday and they sent out a piece of Chocolate cake with a candle. This cake had chocolate layers with a chocolate moose filling and was just decadent. All in all it was an excellent place to eat. I would recommend it highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- total packageEdEdDined on 11/21/2014Service is excellent, food delicious. We had no left overs, and everyone left comfortably full. The Timberline is our restaurant of choice when we go to Blackhawk, and we are never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak and seafoodVigilsDined on 11/15/2014If you are wanting a nice steak dinner while up in Blackhawk instead of the buffets offered everywhere else, this is the place. The steaks are aged and melt in your mouth. They also have excellent large, plump shrimp cocktail and oysters on the half shell are very good as well. We always return here when we make it up to gamble and it has never disappointed us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best In Blackhawk For Sure!DaveDined on 11/15/2014We have eaten here before and each time the food, drink, and service shines. From the extra large pour on my Maker's Mark "neat" before dinner, to the perfectly sautéed scallops, The Timberline Grill is just as much a draw as the casino action. We look forward to the next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HookDined on 11/15/2014This restaurant is a favorite of ours. It takes you away from the Casino floor and noise and lets you relax with great food and wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner & relaxing/warm env.LookSouthDined on 11/6/2014Seated at a table near the fireplace. Warm relaxing environment w/ low-volume tunes from Sinatra, Martin, Bennett and others of that era. Prompt and attentive service the entire meal through (including the wine service). Delicious rib eye cooked exactly as ordered...other diner had the salmon which was immense in size and perfectly cooked w/ not even a hint of "fish" smell. Not noted on the menu is the fact that all the main entrees include a side dish, which is a huge bonus given the price and size of the sides. The baked potatoes were enormous and could be a meal in themselves. There's no question I'd go here again. Please note - Open Table has this restaurant at a 2-$$ price range. Most all dishes on the menu are over $25-$30.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank you!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/6/2014We had a wonderful dinner for our 5 year wedding anniversary. The service was wonderful, the food was outstanding and we enjoyed our experience.Special Features:
- Bring it up!jazzticklerDined on 11/2/2014For the money, I expected a well seasoned, great steak, especially for $37. It wasn't quite there, although the temperature was good. I found the baked potato lacking as well. The area around skin was tough, as if microwaved. Hmm? I also expected a couple of choices other than some sides and pasta for my wife, who is a vegetarian. At least a prepared vegetarian appetizer would have been great. Some signature cocktails would be nice in a higher end restaurant of this sort along with a cocktail menu. On a higher note, the service was very good! The veggies and salads were good. Also, the 24K Candy Bar dessert was fabulous! I hope to see some improvements, and may give it another try next time. Atmosphere was pleasant.Special Features:
- Good meallishumiDined on 10/31/2014Very good food, loud restaurant. You have to request a booth if you want one. Service was a little slow but not badSpecial Features:
- Dinner in the rockieslibanoDined on 10/31/2014Great food and the service was excellent. They also have a good selection of wine at reasonable pricesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reviewbymartyDined on 10/30/2014Our dinner was pretty good overall. My sirloin steak, however, wasn't the best. My wife's trout was excellent though. Also, our asparagus wasn't very tender. The service was great, the atmosphere was also very nice, and we sere seated promptly. All-in-all, it was a good experience.Special Features:
- Third visitMikeDined on 10/29/2014Lobster bisque is to die for. Filet perfectly cooked and the bernaise sauce was restaurant made with just the right amount of tarragon. Chicken dish was actually a game hen and excellent! Service professional and attentive without being intrusive. Very knowledgeable of menu. New chef since last visit and a positive addition!Special Features:
- "Fine Dining"nonamehereDined on 10/26/2014Of the three higher end restaurants in Black Hawk that we have requented, I would have to rate the Timberline - 3rd. The price was slightly high, the service was slightly low and the quality of the food was less than expected.Special Features:
- Tasty FoodjkcamaroDined on 10/25/2014Food was very tasty but the restaurant itself was very noisy. We had a group of six and had to talk very loud to hear each other.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome experience!!ashbernDined on 10/25/2014Every year we have a casino themed anniversary so that was why we decided on the Blackhawk Casino and the Timberline Grill for dinner. The room was very clean and was very comfortable! Parking was very accessible and felt safe. The in room service was awesome!!! Prior to our arrival I had them make a copy of our wedding topper to our wedding cake and deliver it to the room! When we checked in, we dropped off our luggage and went to dinner, they stopped by our room and set up the wedding cake in the room for me like I asked! The exceeded my expectations of the cake and made the cake exactly as our weddding cake!! It was very delicious!!!!! Dinner was also unforgettable! All the food had good flavor and was cooked to my our taste! Awesome!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobster not cooked correctlyJomacDined on 10/25/2014We ordered $36 lobster tails that were split in half and you couldn't even pull them out of the shell. The cooks need to learn how to cook lobster tail. Cut the back and pulled the lobster tail on top then steam or grill. The way they cooked it ruined the lobster. Please tell the cook how to do it correctly. Everything else was great.
- Bad nightMileHighRaiderDined on 10/24/2014Bad night for the prime rib. It also took the waitress ten minutes to show up after a young man brought water and then only after we had him go get her.Special Features:
- Horrible FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/18/2014I was expecting a decent steak house and it turned out to be much less. The prime Rib was tough and dry, I couldn't eat it. The Broccoli was great , the baked potato was tasteless. I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone. The waitress was attentive.
- MehZachoDined on 10/11/2014This place is not horrible or great. Service is OK. No drink list so they said they could make me anything. I ordered two different drinks and they had no idea what they were. Food was equivalent to mid-level chain like Chilis or Applebees. I could not finish my short ribs because they were so salty. Side of asparagus was just that, steamed asparagus. No salt, no butter, no nothing. Prices are not outrageous but I did not feel it was a good value. Was looking for a higher end dining experience and left very disappointed.
- Delicious meal for 9MamapearDined on 10/10/2014Great service and delicious food, great bar service. Steaks and salmon were yummy.i would define nitel come back. Great for groups !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, poor serviceReservationRequiredDined on 10/10/2014The food is excellent but the service was terrible; very slow. I honestly think she forgot to put in our order. Also, when I asked the hostess if we could be seated in one of the many unoccupied booths, I was told that they were all taken by prior special requestsSpecial Features:
- 4theluvoffoodquality4usDined on 10/4/2014This is our favorite restaurant to go to when in Blackhawk. Due to it's popularity we always make a reservation once our hotel reservation is made. They have the best crab cakes and French onion soup ever! We eat out at quality restaurants and this is by far the best overall! Keep up the great work! It can be a little noisy if sitting in the center but if sitting in a booth on the side you don't notice the noise.Special Features:
- Timberline GrillOnceinawhileDined on 10/4/2014My wife and I don’t eat out very often, because we are extremely fussy about our food. My wife always says nobody cooks as well as I do, so restaurants are really put to the test. However, we both agree that the Timberline Grill is the best restaurant that we’ve eaten at in years. The food was excellent and the atmosphere was perfect, no screaming kids. Kathy was our server, she checked on us once shortly after we received our food and then let us enjoy our meal. We really dislike it when the servers continually interrupt our meal. Kathy was always in sight so if we needed something we could very easily give her a wave. I would highly recommend Timberline grill to anyone who enjoys quality.Special Features:
- davenDined on 10/3/2014Very good place to eat. Steak was fantastic! But the Lobster was not good! Not cook enough and very small for the price! Would not order it again. But was very good service and atmosphere! Romantic place to eat.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Delicious, good variety of entree choices, outstanding service, great quiet atmosphere! Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steaks, great serviceReservationRequiredDined on 9/26/2014This is one of my favorite steak houses. The steaks are very tender, cooked to order and range from 10 oz to 20 oz. The baked potatoes are HUGE, both Idaho and sweet potatoes are available. The appetizers and salads are very good. The one thing I find lacking is the dessert menu. I did not see anything I wanted. The offerings appeared to be too "gourmet", too many ingredients such as coulis, mousse and sorbet. A simple apple pie with ice cream or a traditional chocolate cake would have been nice. It is well worth the drive from Denver!Special Features:
- jilgreatdessertDined on 9/26/2014The chef who created the Chocolate Bar dessert is pure genius! It is well worth the wait after an outstanding meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Evening at Timberline GrillFoCoFoodiesDined on 9/25/2014Other than the temperature being very warm, the light on the artwork displays at each booth omitted heat, the service was amazing! The menu is a little limited and the portions were too large. We wasted half of our meal. The food was good and our waitress was very attentive. Also found it odd that there was no bathroom, had to go out to the casino. Very expensive to eat here, but the experience was worth the price tag.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Taste TreatEdEdDined on 9/20/2014we enjoyed another excellent meal: outstanding service, excellent food, personal attention beyond compare. Mariola knows our likes and dislikes, and makes us feel special. The quality is why we keep going back.Special Features:
- Timeberline Gill ReviewTimberlineGrillDined on 9/20/2014Great food. Superior service. Very good atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food in BlackhawkskimausVIPDined on 9/17/2014Good steakhouse amongst the buffets of casino town. Both intimate seating and space for groupsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better bar drinksLovetogambleDined on 9/11/2014The bar is limited in drink selections. No mojoto or Moscow mule drinks or ability to make them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable dining experienceTsandDined on 9/7/2014Good food, friendly service, nice atmosphere, very positive experienceSpecial Features:
- Great night outEvieDined on 9/6/2014We had such a great weekend at the Ameristar resort. Dinner at Timberline was so delish we enjoyed every minute and the service was top notch. Defiantly going to book another get away as soon as we can.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!MichelesbVIPDined on 9/6/2014We really enjoyed our meal! The food and service were great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steaks and MoreBlackHawkRestaurantReviewDined on 9/5/2014We enjoyed dinner. 4 in our party. Ordered entrees included: the buffalo and scallops special - excellent, tender, tasty sauce, scallops tender and tasty, wish I had gotten this after a taste; ribeye - cooked to medium-rare perfection, included the very tasty extra marbled edge this cut is suppose to include, likely only a "choice" quality cut that lacked marbling in the main portion, generally flavor was okay; pork chops - very good, enjoyed the cranberry sauce, very tender, more than could eat; prime rib - also prepared perfectly to medium-rare, very tasty and tender. Sides and salads were also good. Server was friendly and provided top notch service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesomeBigDaddyDined on 8/29/2014The service was great we did not have to wait at all even though we where a few minutes late next time I am in black hawk I will go there again. P.S. The bread choices where out of this worldSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EPIC!hunnybunnyDined on 8/29/2014Great food and a superb wait staff! We make it a point to have dinner there every time we go to Black Hawk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining Review for 8/29/14TimberlineGrillDined on 8/29/2014The waitress was great (Kathy I think). The food was fantastic. Our compliments to the chef!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodieDined on 8/28/2014Pork chops were not very good. Restaurant did give us salmon instead and it was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.