1301 Old York Rd
Abington, PA 19001Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.timbergrill.com/
- Phone: 2158847932
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday - 4:00pm - 11:00pm Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 10:30am -3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Fred Ryan
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Timber Grill
The idea at Timber is simple. Start with fresh ingredients, get a little, but not too, creative and make everything from scratch…and we mean everything. Then incorporate the distinct flavors of a wood fired grill. Add to that a great range of choices, from Starters to Flat Breads, Homemade Soups to Simple Salads, Sandwiches to Entrée Salads, Great Main Courses with Daily Specials and finally finish things off with a delicious homemade Dessert. Add a warm and inviting atmosphere and hospitable service and you’ll start to get the idea. Come and let us show you what it’s all aboutContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Timber Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
- Scallops appetizer on butternutPhillyPattiDined on 4/29/2012Scallops appetizer on butternut squash risotto was very good. Steak ordered med rare arrived very rare. Hamburger ordered med well, arrived barely med- a little scarey for ground meat. Several beers on tap were not available, and beer order took along time coming out both rounds. Waitress was a little scattered, but polite. The "timber" photography was lovely.
- The food was excellent. NoisyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/29/2012The food was excellent. Noisy with a few screaming kids. Got the order wrong then the change was in bills too large to give a tip.Special Features:
- The food was just good. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/28/2012The food was just good. The crabcake was sorta bland and too dense. Our server was very professional and very attentive. Comfortable atmosphere. I would go again but not for a special occassion.Special Features:
- This place had some reallyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/28/2012This place had some really great food! We went with 3 people and it was about $130. The wood fire grill is great. It's a quiet, quaint little place, the food was outstanding and the service was fantastic!Special Features:
- We had a lovely group dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/18/2012We had a lovely group dinner. Everyone was pleased with their selection.Special Features:
- Had a very enjoyable evening.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/17/2012Had a very enjoyable evening. The food was excellent and our server was very accommodating.Special Features:
- The food continues to be veryJackieDined on 4/15/2012The food continues to be very good. I enjoy the brunch offers. The apple/almond stuffed french toast was absolutely wonderful! The prices are very reasonable.Special Features:
- Do not care for new menu andOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/12/2012Do not care for new menu and changed foe example bread on old standby like the French dip .waitor couldn't be more polite he tried hard after food came out cold twice.Special Features:
- Honor the hours on your website!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/7/2012I had reservations for 4 on a Saturday night. I picked Timber because it's typically a mellow vibe a good place for friends to catch up over dinner. The food was good and our server was very attentive. Around 9:45 we ordered our last round of drinks by 10pm we were asked to leave because they were closing. The only reason I have a problem with this is that the website says they are open till 11pm. We were the last table and it was not a busy night but for 4 people we spent almost $300 (before tip). Our intention was to leave soon anyway, but I did not appreciate being asked to leave. Will I go back? Probably. It was the night before Easter and I guess they wanted to close up early but it still left me annoyed!
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/6/2012The food, service, and ambiance was fantastic. We enjoyed it so much, we will definitely be going back. I definitely recommend this place to everyone!
- I had a fish soup specialOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/4/2012I had a fish soup special that was loaded with vegetables and delicious. Not too thin, as I might have thought. My friend had a salad with poached pears, raspberries and goat cheese. It was plentiful, beautiful presentation and also delicious.Special Features:
- Timber was better when itPhillyPhoodieVIPDined on 3/31/2012Timber was better when it first opened. It has gone downhill.
- It's a find in the neighborhood.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/30/2012There was a lot to like. The menu was innovative, not huge, but it covered all the bases. We all liked our meals. One of our party was just talking about a recent meal he had and loved, and we realized it was the one at Timber Grill. I especially liked that the server told us the prices of the specials when she told us about each one. I hate having to ask. The server was attentive, kept filling beverages before we needed to ask, that sort of thing, but she wasn't intrusive. All in all, a good experience; we're going back for brunchSpecial Features:
- Good food, but overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/29/2012The food was quite good - I had the crab cake, which tender and moist, with no bones, and very fresh - they don't use filler. The grilled apple salad was also tasty - lots of nice greens and the right balance of other yummy things. The waitress was great - very nice and extremely attentive. It was quiet enough that my friend and I could chat without having to raise our voices. My biggest complaint was how high our bill was - there were two of us, we had 1 glass of wine between the two of us, and we each got the salad and crabcake. We each had a cup of tea afterward. Our total was $90! For a suburban grill with good, quality ingredients but nothing spectacular, that is overpriced, in my opinion.
- Enjoyable mealBeccaDined on 3/28/2012My husband and I enjoyed a delicious and healthy meal at Timber. This was our second time there, and both times the service was excellent and the food was presented beautifully.Special Features:
- The food was tasty, and theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/28/2012The food was tasty, and the service was great. Still, it was extremely pricey...way more than expected.Special Features:
- We had a quiet evening withOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/25/2012We had a quiet evening with only a handful of tables full which was nice because my spouse doesn't like to go to crowded places. The food was really good and so was our waitress. She took her time and answered all of our questions.Special Features:
- Nice presentation of the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/25/2012Nice presentation of the food but our biggest complaint was a lack of breakfast selection and really small amount of food for the price. There was no toast provided with the omelet dishes which seemed odd. No real sides to augment. I did not leave full and I am considered thin and don't need a lot to satisfy me. My husband left on the hungry side. For this reason I would not recommend it for breakfast despite a really pretty atmosphere. Did really enjoy the unusual omelet I had: with short ribs roasted peppers and provolone. Potatoes served with it were an extremely scant amount.
- good quality food, nice atmosphere.LouiseDined on 3/18/2012good quality food, nice atmosphere. love the smell of the wood. a little priceySpecial Features:
- I have been to Timber forDebbieDined on 3/18/2012I have been to Timber for dinner and generally have enjoyed it although the service is typically slow. This was the first brunch and I do not think I would go back for brunch again. The service was extremely slow, not our waiter but apparently in the back they were short staffed. The food was decent but expensive. It was just too long a wait to get the food. Our reservations were for 10:30 and we didn't get out until noon. That's along time for brunch since it wasn't a buffet brunch.
- With very few if any goodOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/17/2012With very few if any good restaurants in the area Timber Grill misses the chance to stand out. The soup of the day ( available every day this weekend) was vegetable soup with couscous. Alas, very little couscous and with the taste of boiled vegetables in hot water it seems to have been prepared under doctors orders for bland food.The Mediteranean Flat bread on the other hand contained both salty olive paste AND saltier FETA cheese ready to increase your blood pressure to unmanageable levels. Fortunately, Abington Memorial Hospital is across the street. The staff however is extremely friendly and helpful so the overall experience is a pleasant one.
- The food was good, the atmospherejtownmomDined on 3/17/2012The food was good, the atmosphere casual. Good place to go with the family. Both my husband and I are watching what we eat, and there is a wide variety of choices that are good for us-a nice selection of grilled fish.Special Features:
- I have been to Timber a fewgingDined on 3/10/2012I have been to Timber a few times and like the restaurant very much. With that being said, I was very disappointed with the food this last time out. The mashed potatoes tasted like instant and the ribeye was not flavorful at all. Definitely not worth the $100! I must have gone there on a bad night. I will go back one more time as I can't believe the food will be that bad again.
- The restaurant opens at 10:30OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/4/2012The restaurant opens at 10:30 for brunch on Sundays, so I made my reservation for 10:30. At 10:45, the doors were still locked. Upon calling the restaurant, I was told that they were still cleaning from the night before. I'd say the doors opened not much after that, but it was enough to be annoying. Otherwise, the food was delicious and our server was diligent.Special Features:
- Great place great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/2/2012I had the fried mushrooms and the Dip, my wife had the crab cake. The Dip was great, best I've had in a long while. The carb cake was all crab meat! Very good! The side salad was huge. Mushrooms were perfect, crispy on the outside but not over cooked on the inside. The horseradish sauce was a perfect complement to the Dip and the mushrooms. Overall great place to eat and great food.Special Features:
- This was our first time diningBarbaraRVIPDined on 2/26/2012This was our first time dining at Timber Grill and we don't think we will go again. We went for brunch and not only was the menu very limited but the food was average at best. The bloody Mary had more horseradish than anything and it was sent back.
- Exceptionally good restaurantWallabyguyDined on 2/25/2012Exceptionally good restaurant with plenty of variety and excellent staff. Very impressive how it can cater to both couples on a date as well as families with children and pull it off. Drinks are pricey but very good, top shelf variety. Not the cheapest option but worth the expense.Special Features:
- Always a pleasure. I lookOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/20/2012Always a pleasure. I look forward to each time I get to come back here.Special Features:
- I've eaten at the Timber GrillOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/19/2012I've eaten at the Timber Grill several times and the food has been delicious every time and the service has been great. I highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- Just ok!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/19/2012I wasn't really impressed with Timber Grill. The food was ok; atmosphere was ok; nothing really stands out. I will most likely not return.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/19/2012Very good food, drinks, and service. We each had a bloody mary and an omlete. Loved the idea of the small side salad with your omlete and potatoes. We will definitely be back. My only constructive criticism would be to dim the lighting a bit and add stools with backs to the bar area.Special Features:
- The server informed us thatOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/18/2012The server informed us that the restaurant was out of several menu items as well as several wine choices which was ridiculous at 8 pm on a Saturday evening. The general prices are high compared to the local competition. The room was cold. Overall not pleasant!!
- Worth the Price-High end foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/18/2012Ambiance was nice, service was spot-on and the food was excellent. While they may seem a bit pricey we believe it was worth it. My wife had the scallops dish and we both thought it was among the best we've ever had. I had the ribs and they were also very good. The fries are to die for.Special Features:
- My steak was under-cookedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/17/2012My steak was under-cooked the first two times the waiter brought it out, and a charred ball the last time. And the waiter argued with me when I told him this. He then didn't come back to our table for over 20 minutes and we had to get up and request our check be brought to the table.
- We have been twice now, foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/16/2012We have been twice now, food is very good, service is good. Waiter was okay, left bill with no pen. Upholstered chairs (red checked) are wobbly and you feel like they are going to give way. I switched mine out with one next to me, and it was also wobbly.Special Features:
- We always have a good mealOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/16/2012We always have a good meal at Timber. Its so nice to have this place in the neighborhood. I am hoping they update the menu again for spring/summer.Special Features:
- The food was good overall,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/15/2012The food was good overall, however, the appetizer of brushetta was so difficult to cut that it made it quite a challenge to enjoy. Main entrees were good but it didn't come with both a starch and vegetable?? I ordered the fish and it only came with one option so I had to pay for the additional side. The lighting was very bright for an evening meal so the ambiance was not what I expected. The service was good. The waitress was attentive. The bar within the restaurant is probably it's best feature! Very hip looking but small. The decor was based on wood (hence, Timber restaurant)but it was nice. I wouldn't go there again for a special meal but maybe just to meet up with friends for a quick lunch bite.Special Features:
- My husband and I have beenFrequentFoodieVIPDined on 2/11/2012My husband and I have been regular diner at Timber since it opened. My favorite selection was the fish sandwich, which was always tilapia. However, the fish sandwich was removed from the dinner menu. This is unfortunate because that was the main attracion for me. I tried the scallops with risotto. They were good, athough you only get 5 and the sauce is very rich. The server was friendly, but needs to learn about timing. After our entrees were served, he asked how everything was before we had a chsce to try it. Then we did not heat from him again until he checked to see if we were interested in dessert.
- Timber has a very clear, rusticOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/11/2012Timber has a very clear, rustic theme and pulls it off really well, great ambiance. The service was also really good and efficient, though it was a touch slow to get our entrees after our appetizer course. The food itself wasn't great--the basic flatbread appetizer we shared was average. Our entrees both had potential, but my steak came out much more medium well than medium and it really could have used a sauce or something. My wife's chicken pasta had potential but the heavy-handed use of garlic drowned out a lot of the subtlety of other flavors in the dish. Our desserts were both fantastic--my wife had the carrot cake, and I had the bread pudding. However, it would have been nice to have more than 3 dessert options total.Special Features:
- Restuarant is decorated nicely.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/10/2012Restuarant is decorated nicely. Food was good, but overpriced.