Tim McLoone's Supper Club
1200 Ocean Avenue
Asbury Park, NJ 07712Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Tim McLoone's Supper Club
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.timmcloonessupperclub.com/
- Phone: 7327741400x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner & Entertainment on Friday & Saturday evenings, with occasionally weekday shows. Doors open at 6pm & show generally starts around 8:30/9pm.
Event start times vary based on performers. Please check our website Timmcloonessupperclub.com for further details.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Evan Victor
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Private Party Contact: Rachel Koeppel 7327741400x
- Entertainment: Please check our website for our entertainment schedule.
A word from Tim McLoone's Supper Club
Tim McLoone's Supper Club is an oceanfront restaurant on the famous Asbury Park boardwalk. The restaurant is housed in the iconic Howard Johnsons building, and customers are treated to panoramic views of the ocean and the historic Convention Hall.Continued
Entertainment every weekend night, as well as a fabulous Sunday Brunch.
Entertainment every weekend night, as well as a fabulous Sunday Brunch.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tim McLoone's Supper Club reviews from OpenTable diners
9 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (6)romantic (6)special occasion (6)scenic view (4)neighborhood gem (4)fit for foodies (3)great for outdoor dining (3)hot spot (3)late-night find (2)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)notable wine list (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Great Entertainment!59nevertoooldDined on 10/10/2014I love coming here for the small venue and the fact that it is an older crowd. The entertainment is always very enjoyable. Recently saw the British Invasion Tribute Band. They are a fun band, who, from watching them, really enjoy playing together. Also, a great band for dancing or just hang out and listen to. The food and drinks were also very good. The small plate option for food is the way to go when you are on a budget or just want a snack. Make reservations and the table is yours the entire night, from drinks, dinner, to the show. Our waitress was attentive, polite and overall the people who work at McLoone's are there to please. I would highly recommend Tim McLoone's Supper Club for a night out!Special Features:
- strawberryVIPDined on 10/4/2014We always have a wonderful time here when we go for the Shirleys show with great food and drinks. One problem, why I rated this beautiful perfect place lower on ambiance, it is positively FRIGID I there no matter what time of year so be sure to dress warmly, perhaps a winter coat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun nightJerseycookieDined on 10/3/2014the food and entertainment made this a special night of funSpecial Features:
- Fun Time!Luv2BbytheSeaDined on 10/3/2014Great Atmosphere, Tasty Food, Good Portions. Motor City was Terrific, they really got your dance on although they played to loud, you couldn't even hear your love whisper sweet things in your ear. Mac & Cheese with Lobster was tasty but was skimpy on the Lobster & Cheese, which should be dripping with Cheese. Dirty Martini was a good size & delicious! Service was top notch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Met our ExpectationstrekkerDined on 8/5/2014We went to McLoone's for a romantic Anniversary Dinner. The staff was extremely helpful, courteous, and pleasant. We decided to dine outside and the staff assisted us with the change. The view of the ocean, boardwalk, & convention hall makes it all worthwhile. Food selection was great and very tasty. McLoone's is definitely a plus in the rejuvenation of the Asbury Park Boardwalk. We plan upon returning in the early future to experience more of the hospitality and fine dining at this resaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingEllieVIPDined on 8/2/2014Down for the weekend, we thought this venue would be a fun spot to enjoy a good dinner with opportunity to dance to live music. Our meal was awful. Food quality poor and service spotty. Staff was pleasant but were not attentive. If you want to hear the band, better to skip dinner and go sit at the bar where you can easily enjoy entertainment.
- FunCanastaLadyDined on 7/5/2014What a great time we all had! Tim's band was wonderful. The dancing was energizing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 114 reviews are from the Tim McLoone's Supper Club reviews archive.
- strawberryVIPDined on 6/7/2014Always a fabulous time on nights with Tim and the Shirleys! Good food, drinks and great live music in a great setting!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- McLoones Great For V Day!ccr4evrDined on 2/14/2014Went for Valentines Day and had a great dinner and there was a great live nostalgic music show as well. Sevice and Food was great and the Prix Fix menu was good with plenty of choices. Would love to do this again next year!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dancing the Night AwayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014We had a fabulous time at Tim McCloones Supper Club for Valentines Day. Tim McCloone and the Shirleys performed and we ate, drank and danced the night away. The food and service were excellent. I really enjoyed the entertainment. It was a great evening and I would certainly recommend it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The music and the view *****rainydaywomanDined on 2/8/2014This is the most beautiful club on the New Jersey shore, reminiscent of the romantic supper club era I know only from old time movies. All they need is a cigarette girl and someone going around to the banquettes and tables taking pictures with an old-fashioned flash-bulb camera to complete the fantasy. But the best thing about it is the live music -- music for grownups that ranges from sophisticated piano, American Songbook, sixties and upward rock'n'roll and singer-songwriter . Menu choices are pretty pricey, Burgers are great and fairly affordable at $12 something. Nice if they had more sandwich choices but salads are good and there are various small plates like hummus and flatbread. Love the club, love the view, love the music.Special Features:
- Enjoyed the Show!DebbieDined on 2/1/2014This was our first time here and had a wonderful experience. Food was good and the show was nice. We plan on going again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a wonderful place thisstrawberryVIPDined on 1/11/2014What a wonderful place this is, a one-of-a -kind old time supper club with great live music, delicious food and drinks, a beautiful setting and friendly and attentive staff. The blueberry granola salad is imaginative, delicious and sufficiently sized. The drinks are pricey but well made with proper amounts of alcohol, not watered down. For us best of all is when a full band like the Jazz Lobsters or the Shirleys is playing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Down HillBruceVIPDined on 11/30/2013Been here many times before and always enjoyed great food and entertainment. Perhaps this was just one bad night but the food was served cold and crab cakes dry. The service was understaffed. The hostess had to deliver the food. Will give the place a second try but it was going down hill last Saturday.
- What our for the cover thatmclooneVIPDined on 10/18/2013What our for the cover that is not stated in your reservation or on the web site ! You find out when you get there.
- We always love this elegant,strawberryVIPDined on 10/12/2013We always love this elegant, classy dinner theater place with food and drinks to match. It is so wonderful to enjoy great food and drinks while seeing an excellent musical show. We only wish there were more big bands like the Jazz Lobsters and Powerhouse big band. We do enjoy Tim and the Sirleys, Motor City Revue and Lisa Sherman although we really love her fronting a big band. The blueberry granola salad is delicious and creative and I appreciate the easy switch of cheese to one I like. Although pricey the drinks are nice and strong the way I like them with a few options for us that don't like sugary drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 4 Pops Friday 9/6/13PaulaDined on 9/6/2013Went to see the 4 Pops...with Bob Bandiera...enjoyed music but those who have dinner should not be charged the entertainment fee...we deducted $30.00 from our processing the tip as this charge had nothing to do with the service. Food was not fine dining; short ribs were overlooked, my fish had a smell to it. The steak special seemed to be the best meal of all 3. We also enjoyed a bottle of wine. Could have included a coffee with our meal - we also paid for ours. Probably a good idea for performers to stop & circulate at all the paying tables...despite what appears a negative we do like the venue if you are looking to enjoy live music without tight crowds.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friends, food, drink, music = funTessDined on 7/20/2013We had a great time at McLoone'sSupper Club. When we approached the table to pay our cover charge, the young lady was chowing down on a ceasar salad, which I thought was a bit tacky, though she was very nice and friendly. our waiter Mark was very nice and in the beginning was very attentive, as the night went on he became more scarce, but it was busy and I don't know how many tables he was working. The food was delicious...kudos to the chef. We were with 8 people, we all ordered apps and entrees and it all was very delicious and well presented. Thanks for a good time. The British Invasion show was lots of fun and brought back great memories.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My husband and I love thisstrawberryVIPDined on 7/19/2013My husband and I love this place made for big live bands. It such a classy place with very good food, excellent drinks, great service, a beautiful setting and most of wonderful big bands at least sometime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pace to enjoy the ShoreFergsVIPDined on 7/6/2013The atmosphere and views were fantastic. The service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food and drinks are verystrawberryVIPDined on 6/28/2013The food and drinks are very good here but the real draw is the live music in an absolutely gorgeous, made to display the live acts setting. There is nothing better than seeing a big band like the Powerhouse Big Band or Jazz Lobsters while enjoying the food and drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nothing goodOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/1/2013It's a strange place...looks like a nightclub, but at 7 PM on a Saturday night, it was filled with families. The food was really bad. I ordered a petite filet, it was not a filet. My husband got the NY strip, he said it was ok. We got out as quickly as we could.
- Second time that we have dinedAJKrzywiecDined on 5/3/2013Second time that we have dined and celebrated a special occasion . Love the place. Entertainment was great. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- appetizers were amazing, entree'sOverRatedVIPDined on 3/29/2013appetizers were amazing, entree's were ok. We will definitely return!!!
- Havent seen tim mcloone inPd077Dined on 3/9/2013Havent seen tim mcloone in many years i must say i still enjoy the food and service was good i will return cant waitSpecial Features:
- Not enough for the priceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013Not enough for the price. I understand it was Valentine's Day, but at 60.00 a plate plus tip, it was a 160.00 expense for two people. Food was good, but serving sizes were incredbly small. Our waiter was slow to clear our plates and take orders, as we waited 40 minutes after completing our entrees to order dessert. Admittingly,I should have done a bit more research before going out, but I'll think twice about coming back.Special Features:
- Too loud.could not even holdOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/28/2012Too loud.could not even hold a conversation.always go to McCloones very disappointed
- best band there last nite--TheOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/31/2012best band there last nite--The British INvasionTributeSpecial Features:
- Food was good, note that ifjcalDined on 8/31/2012Food was good, note that if you're going for Supper Club there is a show on weekends that they will try to get a $20 pp cover charge from you. This was not mentioned on their site or other reviews. We lucked out as we were seated outside on terrace that overlooked beach and water. It was a full moon and the Friday nite bonfire added to the amibance. The only negative they served our drinks in plastic cups a little cheesy considering the name of supper club. Maybe would recommend. The front staff wasn't overly friendly once we didn't want show but waitress was very good.Special Features:
- Needs inprovmentAl2dunesDined on 8/31/2012Very disappointed because I have eaten in other MCcLOONS RESTURANDS. tHE FOOD WAS OK BUT NOT WHAT I EXOECTED. tHE PORTIONS WERE SMALL, AND THE VIDEO'S PLAYING MADE TABLE CONVERSATION DIFFICULT.Special Features:
- While I am not a big fan ofOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/6/2012While I am not a big fan of the McLoone's restaurants, I feel they are more "glitz and touristy", than substance. I booked the "Jersey Shore" tour for some friends and made a reservation at McLoone's Supper Club for the ambience (The Shore) not the food or entertainment. WOW, I looked like a genius. The food was fantastic, very surprising. The "Supper Club" was just that, a FABULOUS show that enhanced the dining experience. Service was a little slow, but the server made it very bearable. I would and will be back for the food, ambience and entertainment....I recommendSpecial Features:
- Exceptional food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/6/2012Granted, we dined early and did not stay for the entertainment, but even so, we were very impressed with the exceptional service provided by the wait staff, who were quite pleasant and attentive. The food itself was great, from the raw oysters to the grilled swordfish, and the seared asparagus was a treat. The seared scallops were also very good, just not enough of them. All in all, a great spot for when you want to enjoy a relaxing dinner at the boardwalk, but not be in the middle of the hustle and bustle that comes with a summer crowd.Special Features:
- Canned lobster!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/17/2012Waiter mentioned lobster and crab was canned. What kind of seafood restaurant serves canned seafood!Special Features:
- went to see British invasionOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/8/2012Came for band British Invasion. Service was slow. Hostess was rudeSpecial Features:
- You are here for the musicwifesabrucefanVIPDined on 5/22/2012You are here for the music not the food. Regular Supper Club menu was replaced by Asbury Grille Menu from restaurant downstairs. Plenty to choose from on that menu. Had the cheeseburger with sweet potato fries. Music was outstanding and everyone was having a good time.Special Features:
- Outstanding overall with foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/24/2012Outstanding overall with food very good, butttt-- the mcloone band was out of sight (I'm a musician myself) We will visit many times more this year. All of the servers, bartenders and the waiter were excellent.Special Features:
- Great ExpectationschipmanDined on 3/17/2012Tim McLoone's Supper Club is a great venue - Tim and the Shirleys always put on a great show. The food wasn't gourmet but they are trying harder and will eventually find their"hook", the thing that makes them stand out. The location is great - right on the boardwalk and outdoor dining can be quite nice in the spring and summer.Special Features:
- The band was very good.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/24/2012The band was very good. The food poor. The $10 per person cover charge on top of dinner was too much for a table of 4 having a full dinner.
- Went to see a band on a SaturdayOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/18/2012Went to see a band on a Saturday night. Enjoyable evening of music!
- My wife and I got marrriedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/11/2012My wife and I got marrried at the Supper Club, so I thought it would be a great place to celebrate valentines day. We had a geat time and the food was excellent.Special Features: