1411 N. 45th Street
Seattle, WA 98103Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tilthrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2066330801
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm;
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, American, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Maria Hines
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Bring the elegance and simplicity of Tilth’s organic cuisine to your next event. Whether you are hosting a formal sit down dinner, a business function, or a casual reception, let the kitchen and service staff of Maria Hines’ premier restaurant help elevate your experience. We are able to cater to a variety of functions and bring the Tilth experience to you.
For more information e-mail us at email@example.com or call us at
- Cross Street: Interlake Blvd.
- Public Transit: bus lines: #16, #44.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Tilth is located on bustling 45th street in Seattle’s Wallingford neighborhood. Street parking is available, but 45th is quite busy. We advise you plan a few extra minutes to find parking.
A word from Tilth
Tilth features New American cuisine prepared with certified-organic or wild ingredients sourced from as many local farmers we are able to support. Our executive chef and owner, Maria Hines, is a James Beard Award winner for Best Chef of the Northwest, as well as one of Food & Wine Magazine’s 10 Best New Chefs of 2005 and this year she is a semifinalist for Outstanding Chef. In 2008, the New York Times deemed Tilth one of the best new restaurants in the country. Tilth received its organic certification from Oregon Tilth, an unaffiliated organization that promotes sustainability.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Tilth reviews from OpenTable diners
137 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (117)neighborhood gem (90)special occasion (81)romantic (75)great for outdoor dining (57)notable wine list (37)great for brunch (29)great for lunch (8)hot spot (6)good for groups (4)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- SuperbOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/14/2014What a pleasure to eat at this fine restaurant - fresh organic and (wow), innovative use of vegetables!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousPeterDined on 9/14/2014A real gem in Seattle, one of several organic spots to eat. Marie Hines is a stud :-)Special Features:
- Quaint and DeliciousJorLamarDined on 9/13/2014Fantastic menu, wonderful ambiance, and great service!Special Features:
- Delicious unique foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/12/2014The food was amazing! Great choices and fantastic delivery. I enjoyed everything. However, our waiter was not very helpful, did not even attempt to explain the tasting portions or options on the menu. He was cordial and answered questions when asked directly but I am definitely used to a more engaged wait staff that represents the menu and theme of the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014It was an experience. Definitely a special occasion, perhaps a one-time only destination. Waiter was attentive and not overly intrusive.Special Features:
- Great thingsAkleinDined on 9/7/2014I've heard great things about Tilth for a while now and after finally trying trying it, I have to say that it certainly exceeded my expectations. The food was amazing, the drinks were delicious, and the service was awesome. I will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tilth Birthday DinnerGDO1Dined on 9/6/2014We had a great dinner at Tilth with one exception. We ordered the 5 course tasting menu which was great with the EXCEPTION of the steak. It was too tough to eat!Special Features:
- Great food!badgerdinerDined on 9/6/2014We just love the offerings at Tilth. They offer seasonal, local, organic food that is always top notch. Portions are a bit small. We recommend getting a bunch of stuff and sharing it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal I've had in Seattlegmh1Dined on 8/31/2014Had the tasting menu with wine pairings, and companion had gluten free tasting menu. Each course was prepared to perfection and wine combinations were outstanding.Special Features:
- Service and food was wonderful.HappytodineDined on 8/30/2014Excellent dining experience. We will be back again before too long. It's always a pleasant place with perfect portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gem in the Emerald CityOtowndinerVIPDined on 8/29/2014We found Tilth during a recent trip to Seattle. It was a very enjoyable evening in a relaxing neighborhood setting. The food was outstanding, service great. The wine pours a little short but a unique selection. We would absolutely return and recommend you venture into this area and enjoy dinner.Special Features:
- YUMOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/24/2014Our brunch was awesome. We chose to order a bunch of the side/half order items so we could taste more of the things that caught our attention. The french toast was awesome with the blueberry compote. Tilth's bacon is the absolute best, and the 1/2 order of biscuits and gravy was amazing.Special Features:
- Happy BirthdayYordknsDined on 8/24/2014This was our first time at Tilth and we came because of a write up I saw for waffles with smoked chicken gravy. We arrived a little before 10:00 AM on Sunday, they opened the restaurant within 3 or 4 minutes of the advertised opening, and we were the first table seated. I ordered beverages for us and the they were out of the Pimms Cup so my wife substituted a mimosa to celebrate her birthday. I had the biscuits and gravy while my wife settled on the French Omelet. Both of our meals were delicious and struck the perfect balance between a lovely presentation and enough food to leave you satisfied. Not sure her side of potatoes was needed but we finished them. Gorgeous day and the outdoor seating made for a nice start to her birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost 5 starsjtckDined on 8/22/2014In my world, everything has to be near perfect to get 5 stars. So 4 stars is a noteworthy restaurant for me. We had the 8 course tasting menu on a Friday night, and it was an amazing meal. Some courses were 5 star worthy: the chilled corn soup, the pasta, and the salmon were all stellar. The others were very good and full disclosure: we ate every bite. The service was very good as well -- my major complaint is that I had to ask for water 2 times. Tilth isn't a place I'll return to any old time, but when I am looking for fresh, inventive and well-crafted flavors, and money is no object, I'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foo-foo foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/20/2014The food was good-- perfectly cooked salmon and flavorful risotto-- but pricey. Two dinners from the a la carte menu, one glass of wine, one cocktail, one dessert ran $105. I could have treated nine friends to a delicious dinner at a neighborhood Thai restaurant for the same price. But if money is no object, go to the Herbfarm.
- Good, but troubling declineFoodFanDined on 8/17/2014Tilth has always been a bit inconsistent in our experience. Vegetarian/Vegan options are consistently well-conceived, but proteins are sometimes not prime quality and overcooked often enough that we no longer frequent the restaurant. We decided to stop in last weekend for the duck burgers, which is one thing that is always good. But service standards are slipping, and the cocktails rather weak. To us, these are often fundamental signs of a struggling restaurant, and it is a quick path to demise when your regulars can't remember why they used to come, and new customers will have a mediocre experience and no reason to return. A quick and relentless attention to former quality, great service and detail is needed before it's too late.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- zaphereandthereDined on 8/16/2014great food and very tasty with interesting new spices and tastes that were the freshest possibleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very well doneDRWisgreatVIPDined on 8/14/2014I had a wonderful meal at Tilth. We had the 5 course tasting menu. Each course was well thought out and executed. The flavors were vibrant and looked as good as they tasted. The service was attentive without being overbearing. It did not look like they could handle parties larger than 4, but I may be mistaken. I would recommend highlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine dining sans pretensionmalaysiamericanDined on 8/3/2014Best service in Seattle - same price point as a lot of spots in Seattle with mediocre food and subra service. Tilth brings it every time like they want your business and want you to enjoy your meal. Kudos to their management team.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & ServiceGourmandDined on 8/2/2014The food & service would have been excellent had it not been for two glitches! I arrived 10 minutes early for an 8:00pm reservation, saw they were busy with turnover of tables. I offered to return 10 minutes later and they assured me it was not an issue to be seated. We were seated, given menus and ignored for twenty (20) minutes. I called a server and asked if we could order a glass of wine. Wine was promptly delivered and I was told our server would be with us shortly. After that, service was excellent. I ordered the hanger steak entree. I know the steak, being rare, should be at 130F but my entire entree of fried green tomato. polenta & steak was lukewarm. Presentation & flavors of all our food, including hanger steak, was excellent.Special Features:
- Right out of a Rom ComDrewBDined on 8/1/2014I was visiting out of town and came to Tilth for a first date. This place is a gem that's nestled in a cozy, little house. It's one of those places you would expect to see a romantic comedy played out in.. The ambience was fantastic and the staff was personable. You could tell they were a family and you feel like you're part of the neighborhood when you're eating there. I highly recommend eating outside on the patio, especially if you're there for a date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delish, but spendyjessDined on 7/31/2014The food was really wonderful. I'm not sure it was as wonderful as the price, but if you're not too worried about cash and you want really fab food, it's a great place to go!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tilth in WallingfordCfras11Dined on 7/30/2014I had heard great things of Tilth since it's opening and finally made it out for a date night. The wait staff was incredible and friendly, the food spectacular, and the setting was wonderful. The smaller option for dinner plates was just right for sharing a number of dishes, allowing us to try a handful of items off the menu. Unfortunately, we ate enough with our appetizer and dinner that we did not have any dessert. The dessert menu did have a few items that looked quite tasty as well. I would highly recommend Tilth to anyone looking for a wonderful and tasty dining experience. Furthermore, the restaurant is perfect for a date with it's intimate atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lived up to the hypeSeattleTwinDined on 7/25/2014The fancy restaurant in a house was a great place to take my partner for our one year anniversary. The food portions look small (we ordered full plates) were very fulfilling and delicious! The drinks were a nice addition. We ordered the steak, duck burgers, the cucumber vodka drink and I had the scotch rusty nail drink. I also appreciated the samples front the kitchen!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great service, great foodtrevjoDined on 7/25/2014Outstanding service. Everyone loved the hush puppies. I ate the pork loin and raab and enjoyed both. Noise level was loud, my ears were ringing by the end.Special Features:
- Food was AMAZING!!!deliciousINseattleDined on 7/25/2014We sat in the dining room which was warm and inviting without being too stuffy. The food was absolutely amazing. We did the 5 course tasting menu with the wine pairing. Every course was awesome! The only wine I didn't like was the port-it tasted like cough syrup. But, the rest of the wine was delicious and paired perfectly with each course. The only thing that I wasn't impressed with was their service. After reading the other reviews, I was looking forward to great service. Our server seemed to say the least amount of words possible and without much personality. We learned more about each course by listening to other servers explain it to their guests. In any case, the food here will bring me back again and again!Special Features:
- Same goodness as alwaysDctravelerVIPDined on 7/13/20142 food up friends from DC leftover impressed by our local cuisine, and the service, has not yet disappointed in 6 visits soi far in 2 years!Special Features:
- AmazingnelsonVIPDined on 7/12/2014This was our second time visiting Tilth and we came back for my husband's birthday. Everything was delicious and the service was excellent. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great but not ExcellentnewbloogDined on 7/11/2014My wife and I did the 5 course tasting menu with wine pairing. We typically go this route when the option is available. 2 of the 5 courses were very creative and memorable, but 3 of the courses were nothing special. Don't get me wrong, it was all very good. The portions were quite large for a tasting flight. Given the level of creativity, I would say it was slightly over priced. We will probably go back again, but we have found better in the Seattle area and so it likely won't be soon.Special Features:
- Fantastic Dining ExperiencecomputercwVIPDined on 7/8/2014This restaurant uses the freshest ingredients in all their dishes. Every time I've eaten here has been better than the last. The staff is friendly and helpful with the array of options available on the menu. They have everything from Steak to 8 course vegetarian and vegan meals. Can't wait to go back for more !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting, delicious flavorsJennVIPDined on 7/6/2014Tilth is truly a gem - using seasonal ingredients, the flavor combinations are done in such a way that it makes you think about what you just tasted. We couldn't help but talk about everything we tried. They offer two portion sizes of most menu items - it was fun to be able to try more things and we shared most things at the table. The presentation is lovely and service was great. On the front patio, they created a nice little oasis, the only distraction was the inevitable street noise. I highly recommend Tilth and can't wait to return!Special Features:
- Excellent Food and ServicenelsonVIPDined on 7/5/2014This was the first time visiting and the only problem was choosing what to order from the tasty menu. We already have plans to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Farm to table...so freshEMGyogaVIPDined on 7/3/2014Unique presentation and combination of fresh seasonal ingredients for a delicious and delightful meal. We ordered several small dishes and everything was a huge hit!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting and BalancedtedgarciaDined on 6/29/2014Tilth's menu is inventive - asparagus flan is not a combination I considered at home - with portion sizes that allow for exploration. I love it that I did not have to choose between two entrees because I could just order both in a small size. A pork loin with rhubarb was perfect. Crispy skin salmon was good enough to eat the skin. And the kitchen fielded our request to prepare a couple of fish entrees to medium-rare and not raw in the center. The space transforms an old home into an inviting and warm dining room.Special Features:
- A SPECIAL EXPERIENCESplendidDined on 6/20/2014We were immediately looked after, no waiting whatsoever. They brought is a complementary dish of samples of their delicious soup du jour. The dinner was impeccable, delicious, creative, and beautifully presented by the waiter. The service was perfect - attentive without being obtrusive. When we were considering dessert, they suggested an option just whipped up by the chef of smoked nectarine sorbet, with bourbon nuts. We decided to try it. It was an experimental whimsy of the chef, and when we didn't love it, they removed it from our bill. I would and did recommend Tilth to anyone who loves creatively prepared, healthy, food, and a special dining experience that feels like going to a friend's home who treats you like a queen/king.Special Features:
- Best Restaurant in SeattleOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/14/2014This was our first time to Tilth. Amazing food, amazing service. A wonderful place for a romantic dining or with good friends. But you must appreciate fresh healthy food prepared with subtle imagination. No doubt, the best restaurant in Seattle. Thank you everyone. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Swanky brunchcoffeedrinkerDined on 6/14/2014The food and drink at Tilth are delightful. We visited for brunch on a Saturday. Our server was personable, friendly, and informative, and everything we ordered was several steps above "regular" brunch fare. Our only complaint was that several families with very young children and babies were there as well, and the noise level was pretty high. I realize that you can't control kids (or their parents), but it would have been a much nicer experience with less crying and shrieking and broken glassware. We'll be back for (late) dinner after the kids are in bed. :)Special Features:
- Loved the vegan tasting menuOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/13/2014Thanks so much for the great vegan menu! Only suggestion is that you change it more often so we don't have to have the same entree for months.Special Features:
- Tilth a treasure!thefoodbardDined on 6/11/2014Set in an old Seattle home, bright, cheery and comfortable, Tilth offers great and imaginative food. The service was caring and attentive, the meal well-paced. We had the five course tasting menu, which Tilth supplemented with two amuse bouche. Each course was outstanding, and the fried asparagus tips with the asparagus flan were the best tasting asparagus dish I ever ate. Great place. I wished I lived in Seattle.Special Features:
- Overall great placeFlavorflaveVIPDined on 6/7/2014I have never had a bad meal here. Nuanced flavors, inventive and satisfyingSpecial Features: