Tillman's Roadhouse - Fort Worth
2933 Crockett Street
Fort Worth, TX 76107Neighborhood:
West 7th Corridor
Comfort FoodPrice: $31 to $50
Tillman's Roadhouse - Fort Worth
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tillmansroadhouse.com/home.html
- Phone: (817) 850-9255
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch - Tues to Friday 11:30am to 2pm
Brunch - Saturday and Sunday 11am to 3pm
Dinner- Tues to Thursday 5pm to 9:30
Friday and Saturday 5pm to 11pm
Sunday 5pm to 9pm
Closed on Mondays
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Cody Brandt
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Tillman's Roadhouse - Fort Worth
Tillman"s Roadhouse is committed to delivering gourmet chuck-wagon cuisine in a setting that is the perfect marriage of rustic and lush with friendly, knowledgeable and approachable service. Come enjoy truffled popcorn and Texas Hospitality in our West 7th neighborhood restaurant. We are located in the heart of the fun new development adjacent to the Cultural District at 2933 Crockett Street.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Tillman's Roadhouse - Fort Worth - Best Restaurants in West 7th Corridor ›
Tillman's Roadhouse - Fort Worth reviews from OpenTable diners
67 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (41)good for groups (28)great for outdoor dining (26)neighborhood gem (25)special occasion (22)hot spot (17)great for brunch (11)great for lunch (10)vibrant bar scene (8)romantic (8)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (3)scenic view (3)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Not what we expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014Made a reservation because in the past it was near impossible to get a table as a walk in. We arrived on time seated immediately but was left sitting for 15 minutes with no wait staff even acknowledging us. Yet they were going to every table to every side of us. My husband had to go to the hostess stand to get it addressed. Finally! A waiter showed up. From there the service was better. Until the food arrived. I ordered a filet it came out cold as medium well. I sent it back, the manager brought it back out apologizing but seriously there was no difference in the temperature. Very sad because we really liked this place the two times before that we had eaten there.
- Average/bland foodericDined on 11/16/2014My wife, son and I ate Tillmans for lunch/brunch time on a Sunday. We had purchased a living social voucher that said you could use it during lunch time. It did not specify that the weekend were not valid. So upon checking out and attempting to use it, we were told it would not be accepted. This would not have been that big of an issue if the food was really good, but it was just average. We had the "hangover platter" that had an assortment of foods on it. It was enough to feed the 3 of us, but the flavor and taste of most everything on it was just average. I was underwhelmed for a $44 platter. The server was nice enough and the decor and setting was pretty nice (other then being seated at a tiny round bar-type table even with reservations).
- First-rate foodMattBDined on 11/16/2014Tillman's has long been one of my favorite dinner spots on the west side of Fort Worth but this weekend we decided to try it at brunch time ... what a great decision! Their bacon sammy and chicken and biscuits were both amazing, but combined with the trio of fries and followed up with a small order of S'mores ... what more need I say?? Oh, and did I mention the bottomless mimosas served in a pewter jug that looked like it survived the civil war? All around great experience... (PS: the service was a tad slow, but maybe that's just because it was Sunday...?)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mimosa brunchBlondenxtdrDined on 11/9/2014Had brunch with some friends. Great priced bottomless mimosas. Great service and bartender. Had fried egg Sammy with crispy hash browns. Accommodated our special requests. Great pricing.Special Features:
- Amazing twist on brunchFWVisitDined on 11/9/2014The chicken fried steak and eggs was amazing. They ask you what temp you would like it; their deep fried medallions and not cube meat. Their twist on eggs Benedict with crab cakes was pretty good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow and food was cold.KfoodieDined on 11/7/2014We waited a long time for our food. The waiter even apologized for the wait and said the kitchen staff was new. Once we finally got the food it was cold. My friend and I shared a steak, Mac and cheese and corn muffins. It took so long that we just ate it cold. When asked how the good was we told them it was cold and it had taken way to long to get. The waiter said he would speak with his manager. The manager didn't come over but instead sent the waiter to tell us he would take care of the corn muffins. There are way too many good places in west Fort Worth, I won't be back.
- ExcellenttsmyleDined on 11/1/2014Tillman's Roadhouse blow me away with the outstanding food, service and ambiance. It was well worth my time and money. Will be going back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodPatty47Dined on 10/26/2014We ate brunch at Tillman's at the start of my husband's birthday celebration. We started with the Tillman's Trio French fries. They were excellent. Love the dipping sauce. My husband had the crab cakes which he described as very good. I had the ceviche which was delicious. We ate on the patio and loved the atmosphere. Definitely worth a return visit.Special Features:
- Worst service everM2girlDined on 10/19/2014We took my boyfriends parents for brunch on Sunday. First, they've changed the menu to what's shown online and that caused a dietary issue. Second our food took over an hour to get to us. Their excuse was "the kitchen was confused". Every single table in the restaurant ate before us even though we arrived before almost all of them. Then they only served three of us, the fourth meal came out 15 minutes later. Again no real apology, just a shrug. The manager came out to talk to us, but just offered excuses and didn't take anything off the bill despite our obvious disappointment. I will not return. They made a horrible impression on visiting family.Special Features:
- Good as usualMiathaiDined on 10/18/2014I will say our waiter was very good. We took friends from out of town, and everyone enjoyed the food, and our waiter was exceptionally helpful. I wish I could remember his name. The food was tasty, and overall we enjoyed the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak and EggsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014Food was great. Only issue, hash browns were overcooked. Could not cut through them with a fork.Special Features:
- TillmansOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014This was our fourth visit to Tillmans. The food was great as always, but the service was a little slow. I'm not sure if they were just understaffed or what, but you would think that on a Friday night they would have made arrangements. It won't keep me from going back, just a little disappointed in that the service strayed from what we've come to know at Tillmans.Special Features:
- tessaDined on 10/10/2014The decor is laid back and the menu is fresh, however, it's slightly overpriced for what it is. Good for groups and having novelty items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big Let Down, Slow, Food is a JokeBigLetDownDined on 9/27/2014Went sat night for birthday, husband & friend both ordered tbones, an hour later waiter came to inform they were out of tbones & offered the ribeye, once food finally came it was a joke, steaks were burnt, my sis' shrimp was way overcooked, We all agreed her grits were the best thing we ate, waiter came to ask how the food was, we told him, all he said was he wished there was something he could do but enjoy our meal- seriously? we ordered the carrot cake, the manager came by to ask how everything was & I told him, after he apologized he said dessert would be on the house, yet when I received the check, the $13 carrot cake was on the bill, I paid the $300 and left a $100 cash tip, Will not ever go back to this place or recommend it either!!!
- Fun diningJPPRDined on 9/20/2014Service was great, food very good. We dined outside with two small children- they were very accomodating. Nice experience.Special Features:
- Great experienceSwedishFoodieDined on 9/19/2014Zach was great and very informative/knowledgeable about the menu. The buffoloaf is a MUST have! My husband and I both loved it. The smoked duck nachos weren't all they were quacked up to be. They were very bland. We only ate 1.5 nacho chips and actually left the rest of the 6+ nachos, which says a lot since they were $12. For dessert we had the s'mores, and that was a fun experience. We will definitely be back! We just won't go for the nachos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014Food and service was great. Waiter was courteous, knowledgeable, and caring.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very costly for the areaCheap2345Dined on 8/23/2014A chicken fried steak 27 dollars a pork chop 31. You take it from thereSpecial Features:
- DisappointedloveagreatlunchDined on 8/23/2014Good appetizers, great steak, cold potatoes, forgot side dish & server didn't attempt to acknowledge it bit manager took it off our bill. Floor fans blew at the back of our heads. S'mores dessert was the best part of the meal. Very loud. Our server had zero personality. Will not return.
- Food, service good, the room not.JohnVIPDined on 8/17/2014We dined at Tillmans a couple nights ago. The A/C was broken and hadn't worked for 2 weeks according to an employee. In a city where the temps have been in the 90s everyday this is a problem! The food and service was good though the room was hot! Get it fixed!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Decor, Great Food!elaloquDined on 8/15/2014It was my first time trying out this restaurant during DFW restaurant week. Their food was delicious and definitely loved each course! I had their duck nachos, steak, and then maple bacon for dessert. The only downside during that special was the serving size for appetizer and dessert. My friend only got one tiny piece of s'mores for the dessert. Other than that, the place is very nice with a rustic feel to it. Parking is also available at the nearby garage and they validate it for you.Special Features:
- Can't wait to returnDoxiemomVIPDined on 8/14/2014We went for restaurant week and while the food was excellent, I don't think it was any bargain compared to ordering off the regular menu. The biggest disappointment was getting ONE S'more as the dessert. This was not quite what I expected - 2 graham crackers and 1 marshmallow. But the cold tomato salad and the duck nachos were both excellent, and the entrees and their accompaniments (grilled tuna and petite tender) were delicious as well. Service by Babs was excellent - I'll request him when I return. The bar area looks comfortable and there was a singer playing guitar in the bar. I want to return and order the french fry trio, and just share a few appetizers or a full order of S'mores with friends. Nice patio for cooler weather.Special Features:
- Great Food!!live2eatDined on 8/2/2014First time to dine @Tillman's....was really delicious... I consider myself a foodie and this was a great place to try some new food... The Roasted Duck Nachos and the Buffaloaf were more than tasty.. both had such unique flavors and seasoned perfectly... The Airline Chicken didn't disappoint either..I savored every bite...lol.. and to finish it all off the made from scratch- toast at your table S'mores were yummilicious.... I will absolutely be going back to try out the Lunch and Brunch menus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 606 reviews are from the Tillman's Roadhouse - Fort Worth reviews archive.
- DisappointedcookrdineDined on 7/29/2014I took my 19 granddaughters here because they had heard such fun things about the place. On a Tuesday mid day we were one of 4 tables dining. Something that worried me as soon as we were seated. The service was fine but frankly the food was not edible, entirely too salty. The menu no longer has some of the favorites I look forward to. This has been a favorite place to meet friends for lunch so I am very sad, I probably will not go back.
- FoodloverVIPDined on 7/27/2014enjoyed my food and sevice was great. would recommend highly when in Fort WorthSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/27/20143 of us ordered Benny gone fishing for brunch. Could not even find any grits and hardly any crab cake in the very "soupy" plate. Somewhat tasteless! Corn relish was delicious as were the cinnamon buns. Would not return.Special Features:
- Good but...DougDined on 7/25/2014The food was awesome here but service not so much. The waiter tried to come sell us wine when he delivered the food. By the time he returned with wines, we were done with dinner. They didn't have several wines we requested and were out of an entree or two. I ordered a crown and ginger ale from the bar and I received some ginger beer thing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun spot, as seen on TVtxgemini79Dined on 7/19/2014I saw this restaurant on a TV show, where they highlighted their homemade s'mores! This is even how I found it online! I made my reservation thru opentable - so easy - a few friends wanted to come along, but thought for sure they would be too crowded. I got there and it was quiet and was seated immediately, the hostess wasn't very warm, but it was 9:30 on a Saturday...so I cut her some slack. Great s'mores, cool decor. Don't recommend the shake or iced tea if you're looking for traditional fare...but all in all it was a good experience! Would recommend and would visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Night @ Tilmann's RoadhouseJLAJKE89Dined on 7/12/2014The restaurant was recommended to us by a friend who visits Ft. Worth for horse shows. The area where the restaurant is located is vibrant and fun! The restaurant staff greeted us and welcomed us to the restaurant and were super sweet and friendly! My husband and I brought our 2 teenage kids, and everything was great for all 4 of us. The staff who visited our table all night was amazing, and we felt very welcomed. The popcorn was to die for, the smoked duck nachos were on point, the blood orange margarita was dangerous…(I could drink several…delicious!) and the entrees were wonderful and beautifully presented. We also had dessert of S'Mores and the milkshake and both were delicious! We will definitely be coming back again! LOVED IT!!!!!Special Features:
- Loved it!dmg12Dined on 6/28/2014This was our first time at Tillmans. My husband and I loved it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch!laftwDined on 6/28/2014Tried Tillmans for bruch. So glad we did. The Bloody Mary's are amazing, no joke the hangover platter is a serving platter. All the food was great, got to sit on the patio and people watch. Great place!Special Features:
- BenBenjiDined on 6/21/2014The food was good, and the service was great. Definitely coming back. P.s. Eat their Mac n CheeseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- $$$OverpricedDined on 6/21/2014Food overpriced and chips stale in venison chili pie. Waitress did not even offer to switch order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceDixieDined on 6/13/2014Had a wonderful romantic evening with great food and great service. Must try the tomahawk steak!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Food!ManderzDined on 6/10/2014The food is a great divergence from traditional dishes. The Sassy Sara cocktail is delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We LOVE this place!!!!PCHansberryDined on 6/1/2014We went to Tillman's on the 1st of June to celebrate our anniversary. I selected Tillman's based on the menu and the interior photos of the restaurant. We were not disappointed at all - the decor is rustic, yet elegant and the food is excellent. We had the Caesar salad, lobster tamales, scallops, and the buffaloaf - everything was fantastic. Our server, Veronica, asked if we were celebrating a special occasion, we told her we were, and she offered us complementary champagne and dessert. After we ate we sat on a comfy couch in the bar for another cocktail and wished we could stay all night. We will go back on a Friday or Saturday to see how it compares, but we will always remember the special attention we got on our first visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/24/2014Tillman's use to be our favorite go-to place before this most recent experience! After making an on-line reservation, and confirming this event, Tillman's still had our reservation time wrong by 45 minutes. We were able to be seated and eat dinner, but many of our favorite dishes had been taken off of the menu and replaced with not-so desirable options...CHECK OUT THE ON-LINE MENU BEFORE VISITING! Once our food arrived, my entree was SO SALTY that it made my taste buds swell up for the next 4 hours! This is unacceptable, and we never had a manager stop by the table and check in to offer an apology. Wow!! This is not the dinning place it use to be. There are too many fun and delicious options in Fort Worth to waste your time and money here!Special Features:
- wonderful experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Took my son to Tillman's for Mother's Day and had a great experience. We were there because two of my friends highly recommended us to go. They mentioned the S'mores bar and instantly knew this was the place to go! The service was great, our server was awesome and very friendly and we just loved the place! Will definitely be coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed by foodFoodsnobDined on 5/11/2014Wouldn't recommend dining here. Ordered an omelet from their brunch menu and was told I could add lobster to it for an extra charge. It ended up being tough, chewy imitation lobster. My husband ordered the chicken fried steak and it was 2 thick chunks of tenderloin, deep fried with some "red" gravy on it. It was served with green beans right next to eggs cooked over easy ( as he had ordered them).... Just not a very tasty combination. Just disappointed in the food for the price we paid. Wait staff was wonderful though and I have always loved the atmosphere, but we probably won't be return customers for a meal in the future.....just for drinks at the bar.
- Mother's Day BrunchLuvmymomDined on 5/11/2014Wonderful atmosphere for brunch. Food was great too.Special Features: