Tillman's Roadhouse - Dallas
324 W. Seventh Street
Dallas, TX 75208Neighborhood:
Oak Cliff / Bishop Arts
Comfort FoodPrice: $31 to $50
Tillman's Roadhouse - Dallas
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tillmansroadhouse.com/
- Phone: (214) 942-0988
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner- Tues.- Thurs 5pm to 9:30pm
Friday and Saturday 5pm to 11pm
Sunday 5pm to 9pm
Brunch - Saturday and Sunday 10am to 3pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Cody Brandt
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Celebrate with friends, family or colleagues by dining in The Woods at Tillman's Roadhouse. Our private dining room will transport you to a birch forest with faux antelope rug and taxidermy peacocks. The perfect spot to relax, unwind and spend an evening or afternoon.
- Private Party Contact: Eric Dominguez 214-942-0988x
- Entertainment: Come experience the fun of the deep evening table top dance by our house entertainer.
A word from Tillman's Roadhouse - Dallas
Tillman's Roadhouse is committed to delivering gourmet chuck-wagon cuisine in a setting that is the perfect marriage of rustic and lush with friendly, knowledgeable and approachable service. Come enjoy truffled popcorn and Texas Hospitality in our Bishop Arts neighborhood restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tillman's Roadhouse - Dallas reviews from OpenTable diners
96 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (52)neighborhood gem (46)good for groups (38)special occasion (36)hot spot (29)romantic (18)great for brunch (14)great for lunch (9)vibrant bar scene (8)great for outdoor dining (8)late-night find (5)scenic view (5)notable wine list (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Always greatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/25/2014A treasure of the Bishop Arts District with a creative, evolving Southwestern New American cuisine. Service was very attentive but always laid back. Specialty cocktails were a new twist for us and were very appreciated. I'd go Jim just for the trufffle popcorn freebie to begin each dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place but expect to waitOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/19/2014Great place. Strip steak a little on the tough side for medium rare but still good. Tuffle popcorn with black pepper out of this world. Expect to add on about 20 minutes on to your reservation time. Always busy but the table side s'mores worth the waitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My second time to Tillman's...RRRDFWDined on 11/14/2014the first time at Tillman's, they knocked it out of the park. Food-awesome, service-spot on. On my second visit last Friday. Food and service were just ok. Ordered special rib-eye steak cooked medium, delivered with charred outside and cold, rare inside. Very tough and loaded with gristle. Note, stick to the menu, other diners had better luck than me. Had 8:30 reservation and was seated next to front door around 9:00pm. Didn't stick around for s'mores, too loud and cold by front door.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food Great AreaNolaBBVIPDined on 11/14/2014Great food. Great service. Easy to share because portions are big. 1/2 order of S'mores dessert perfect for 2 or more to share and delicious! Art Shops are open at night so nice area to walk around after dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Place For Date NightANewReviewerDined on 11/8/2014I took someone here on a first date, and the place was packed (definitely glad I made a reservation). It was somewhat noisy and it took our waiter about 10-15 mins to greet us/ask for drinks, which is understandable being as busy as they were, but it quieted down as the night went on and people began to leave. The food was great and the s'mores made for a fun dessert to share!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and fantastic serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/8/2014The food is always amazing, service is warm and friendly, and Bishop Arts is the coolest neighborhood in Dallas! We love coming here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Experience was as expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014We loved the decor and the location. The food was AMAZING. We will definitely be going here again. The service was great and not pushy like some places. Can't wait to try something new next time we come!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencencampsDined on 10/25/2014This was my first tim to Tillman's. I had a reservation for 10 for my sister's bachelorette party and our table was ready when we got there. The food was amazing and the atmosphere was awesome.Special Features:
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/23/2014We chose this location for a few corporate visitors. Our visitors were from up north and wanted something truly "Texan". The management was amazing in helping us arrange, the wait staff was impeccable and the food was outstanding. It was truly a great dining experience! They couldn't stop taking about it for days!Special Features:
- Better than expectedDahoVIPDined on 10/18/2014After reviewing the menu after already committing to going to this restaurant with friends I didn't have high hopes, Airline Chicken anyone?? But the food was fine and we had a great time. Would certainly return.Special Features:
- Awesome place. Nice atmosphereNatecruzeDined on 10/12/2014The place is very small but nice inside. Unique in a way. We had the chicken fried steak which is different from anywhere I have ever gotten on before. And it was great. I should have looked over the menu before hand prior to going. They don't have a whole lot and I was looking forward to more steak choices. Overall it was a great place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service Slow - Food only OKwilme2Dined on 10/11/2014We had a reservation, but waited 20 minutes past the reservation time for a table. Ordered two drinks at the bar, somehow that came out to $22, which I think is crazy. Food was just OK. If you ask me how I want a Chicken Fried Steak cooked, you are doing it wrong. And yes, they did it wrong...
- Yum!TrustMeIKnowDined on 10/10/2014Everything was delish. Ribeye got rave reviews ("best I've ever had") but chicken fried steak got a "it's really good, but not the absolute best." This from someone who knows his TX food. Duck nachos were great but they are 5 individual nachos instead of a pile. With a party of 4, the last one goes to waste unless someone just goes for it. Also, if you order s'mores (you should) don't dive in immediately or else the flame goes out. Give it 5 minutes to build. Hard to look like a campy pro when you keep putting the fire out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great first brunch!lucagDined on 10/5/2014We have been told to come here for a good brunch and so we finally did it. We had a table outside, the weather was too nice to sit inside. Coffee, mimosas (3$) , nice platter of fries (sweet potatoes , Parmesan and regular fries) and really nice omelette of the day! Our server was attentive and very friendly! We couldn't try any dessert...but we will next time! I can't say anything bad about this place...not a thing. Probably prices are a little higher than other places but at the end i think it's worth it! we'll come back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/4/2014Our second time here. We had a pretty large party, and the staff could not have been more patient or attentive. The food was great. We will be back!Special Features:
- Mediocre BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 10/4/2014Have eaten dinner there before and it was great! A group of 5 of us went on Sunday for brunch and were disappointed. We started with bloody Mary's, truffled tater tots and the trio of fries, which were all great! We also tried the mama's cinnamon rolls, which we thought were just so/so. Feedback on the main entrees was pretty much the same....marginal. The chicken fried steak was good, but the hash browns are not. Two of the meals were served cold. Service left a lot to be desired. We had to ask several times for things throughout the meal, which was annoying. I would definitely try again for dinner, but would probably pass on brunch again.
- Great Placejeffang01Dined on 9/30/2014Went here for my birthday and had a great experience.. Food was great and loved the ambiance of the whole place. I will surely go back.Special Features:
- Not as good as in the pastSaddenedVIPDined on 9/28/2014We were at Tilmans for a birthday. I'm pretty sure the prices have gone up and the food portions have gone down. The barbecue ribs were still delicious but I think I had four or five ribs and my potatoes were cold and had to be sent back to be warmed. The chicken fried steak which was always our favorite came with three meatball sized portions of chicken fried steak on some slightly cold potatoes. Two of our party had Caesar salad with chicken. We had five people and the bill was $175 which did include 5 beers. We had a great waiter and very good service. We didn't like that they really dimmed the lights at 7:15 to the point where it was hard to see each other.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing as usualbecpedDined on 9/23/2014I love this place.... It's always amazing and always a great time from start to finish.Special Features:
- Unique regional menuKerryVIPDined on 9/13/2014Wow - we had such a great dining experience at Tillman's. Tomato, watermelon and avocado salad was a surprising and delicious combination. My husband loved the buffaloaf and incredible loaded potatoes. And my purple hull peas with tomatoes and jalapenos was flavorful and had just the right amount of kick. Would order all these dishes again. Service was relaxed. We were seated in the private dining room in the back -- and enjoyed the ambiance of that room.Special Features:
- Great food, great locationOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/12/2014The gourmet version of roadhouse fare is definitely something to be tried. Our party of four had salmon, ribs, chicken and ribeye entrees, all excellent. Special mention has to be made for the sundried tomato pesto sauce on the airline chicken. The ribeye flavor was outstanding, but a little bit too much fat. We want to dine on the patio next time on a cool fall night with a bottle of red wine.Special Features:
- Great PlacedoccrmDined on 9/6/2014Great food and outstanding service. Only draw back is that tables are too close together. Very hard if not impossible to have a private conversation.Special Features:
- Everything was great!parisfoodieDined on 9/6/2014Started off with Trio of fried and Duck Nachos....both were superb!! Buffaloaf & ribs did not disappoint either!! We were in a hurry (concert) so we were unable to try dessert, therefore we will need to come back!Special Features:
- Fit for FoodiesDallasfoodieVIPDined on 9/5/2014Really enjoyed our meal at Tillman's. Started with the Blood Orange Margarita (good). Then had the Smoke Duck Nachos (ok), and the Truffled Tator Tots (really good!). Loved the Charred Baby Back Ribs with Mac N Cheese, that we had for dinner. Their BBQ sauce was very original and some of the best that we've had. Overall we found the food to be very original and quite good. Service was a bit slow.Special Features:
- Great Food!!Luv2eatDined on 8/31/2014Had a great time catching up with old friends while sipping mimosas!Special Features:
- SMORES!felixlivesDined on 8/23/2014Great Smores and fun atmosphere. We were there early evening, 5:30. Just went for smores and drinks with friends. Fun place to take your guests from out of town.Special Features:
- Comfort food with a twistItdependsVIPDined on 8/22/2014This was our first time here and we will definitely go back. The food was great. I had the venison chilli pie, it was very flavorful with a touch on the spicy side. I also tried a bite of the buffaloaf which had tons of flavor, moist, and probably what I'll get next time. Vibrant scene so it was loud but still a great place for casual dinner with friends or a romantic night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Foodfood4thoughtDined on 8/17/2014The food was fabulous, everything we ate was wonderful. It was our first time to the restaurant and we were very pleased. Everything we ate was wonderful. I think it was definitely worth the drive!Special Features:
- Excellent food; fun atmosphereExces6Dined on 8/16/2014I went to Tillman's for the first time during Restaurant Week 2014 and was very impressed. The duck nachos were excellent. We added on an order of the truffle tater tots (filled with goat cheese) that were absolutely sublime. We got one of each of the restaurant week entrees. The petit tender was hands down the best entree, though all were excellent. I don't even like blue cheese yet the way it combined with the steak made for a creamy, decadent experience. The tuna was well-prepared and the jicama slaw added a nice sweetness. The pea risotto was well made although not my favorite of the evening. The maple bacon sundae is one of the best desserts I have ever had. The cherries with a lick of salt and maple made my evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food. Horrible service.AlexaDined on 8/16/2014Ivan was our server. Since we were a large party an over 20% gratuity was added. I don't know if that's why he didn't try or he is just horrible at his job. He didn't take our drink order. One person at our party said they drink so he just left. Did the same with appetizers. Never checked on us. The smores make 12. We were short. I had to ask him and two others before we got more. Then charged us for them. Horrible horrible service. I was embarrassed to have brought our out of town company here. I will never come back.
- Good....Mariojames1Dined on 8/16/2014Tillman's again has not disappointing. The food was great and the service was mostly good. The only area of improvement can be quicker service as soon as the guest is seated. It took approximately 10 minutes of waiting until our initial drink order was taken.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YUM!HemiLaineDined on 8/16/2014We went for Restaurant Week, and everything was delicious. The petite tender was the favorite, especially with the blue cheese sauce. Duck nachos, smores and maple bacon sundae were unique and flavorful. The service was excellent and atmosphere was fun. Overall, a great value, and we want to return to sample other favorites from the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/15/2014We went with the plan to take advantage of restaurant week. But the regular menu looked so good that of the four of us, only one stuck to the special menu. The food really rocked! Two changes in reservations on a busy weekend night were handled with great courtesy, and that too was much appreciated. We will be back!Special Features:
- Always a good timeCunninghamsDined on 8/15/2014My wife and I visit Tillman's a few times a year. As always, the wait staff is very helpful, food was great and drinks were awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cramped gemHawaiianTexanDined on 8/15/2014While seating is quite cramped, the food is always delicious and worth the "getting to know your neighbor" setting.Special Features:
- Sadly underwhelmed.EvieDined on 8/14/2014I recently went to Tillman's for Restaurant Week, it was certainly not what I would consider worth one of my few Dallas RW choices. We opted to sit outside because it was pretty loud inside, but apparently the hostess didn't tell anyone that we were out there. So, about 20 minutes later, I walked inside and informed her that we hadn't seen anyone. The service was prompt afterward. The appetizers were very underwhelming, though the steak we both ordered was excellent. The desserts, however, were probably the worst part. Ice cream and a s'more? Not at all restaurant week material, guys. So disappointing. The best thing we had was the additional order of truffle tater tots from the regular menu. Maybe go on the normal menu, but not RW.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 744 reviews are from the Tillman's Roadhouse - Dallas reviews archive.
- Should have gone to OddFellowsKellib99Dined on 7/27/2014The omelet was absolutely horrible, I surely could have made something 10 times better at home. There was minimal filling and it and the oily hash browns I received were served at about 65 degrees. You could tell they'd been sitting off to the side for a while. In addition, it appeared that the kitchen staff was on a seasoning strike, as there was no salt, pepper, or any type of taste to anything we ate. When mentioned to the server he didn't say much. We were both still hungry since our meals were less than satisfying. We ordered pancakes with carmalized bananas. Received the pancakes with no bananas. We've frequented Odd Fellows for brunch and decided to try something different. Definitely should have stuck to the familiar.
- OverhypedZaks1982Dined on 7/26/2014The service was not very good. Our waiter rushed us through the whole meal. He was unfriendly and it felt we were inconveniencing him. He knew we were on separate checks, yet still brought us one check and told us we could figure it out. After taking a while trying to figure it up, I think his patience got the best of him and he just brought us out seperate checks anyway. Then proceeded to hover over us as we paid. The appetizers were smaller than we were told upon ordering and came out cold. I ordered the Halibut special, which came out with a the most horrendous smell, that made the entire table gag. I sent it back for a salad since everyone was already eating , and got the most over priced Caesar salad in its place and no apology.
- always greatQuadJVIPDined on 7/25/2014Multiple visits and it's always great drinks and foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOakclifffoodieDined on 7/19/2014This is a fun place to go with really good food. The servers are all very friendly and they make each visit a fun experience. The food is unique and really good. This is a great place for a special event or just for something different.Special Features: