Tillman's Roadhouse - Dallas
324 W. Seventh Street
Dallas, TX 75208Neighborhood:
Oak Cliff / Bishop Arts
Comfort FoodPrice: $31 to $50
Tillman's Roadhouse - Dallas
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tillmansroadhouse.com/
- Phone: 2149420988x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner- Tues.- Thurs 5pm to 9:30pm
Friday and Saturday 5pm to 11pm
Sunday 5pm to 9pm
Brunch - Saturday and Sunday 10am to 3pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Cody Brandt
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Celebrate with friends, family or colleagues by dining in The Woods at Tillman's Roadhouse. Our private dining room will transport you to a birch forest with faux antelope rug and taxidermy peacocks. The perfect spot to relax, unwind and spend an evening or afternoon.
- Private Party Contact: Eric Dominguez 214-942-0988x
- Entertainment: Come experience the fun of the deep evening table top dance by our house entertainer.
A word from Tillman's Roadhouse - Dallas
Tillman's Roadhouse is committed to delivering gourmet chuck-wagon cuisine in a setting that is the perfect marriage of rustic and lush with friendly, knowledgeable and approachable service. Come enjoy truffled popcorn and Texas Hospitality in our Bishop Arts neighborhood restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tillman's Roadhouse - Dallas reviews from OpenTable diners
95 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (52)fit for foodies (47)special occasion (39)good for groups (37)hot spot (25)great for brunch (17)romantic (16)great for lunch (9)late-night find (8)vibrant bar scene (7)great for outdoor dining (6)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Not as good as in the pastOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/28/2014We were at Tilmans for a birthday. I'm pretty sure the prices have gone up and the food portions have gone down. The barbecue ribs were still delicious but I think I had four or five ribs and my potatoes were cold and had to be sent back to be warmed. The chicken fried steak which was always our favorite came with three meatball sized portions of chicken fried steak on some slightly cold potatoes. Two of our party had Caesar salad with chicken. We had five people and the bill was $175 which did include 5 beers. We had a great waiter and very good service. We didn't like that they really dimmed the lights at 7:15 to the point where it was hard to see each other.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing as usualbecpedDined on 9/23/2014I love this place.... It's always amazing and always a great time from start to finish.Special Features:
- Unique regional menuKerryVIPDined on 9/13/2014Wow - we had such a great dining experience at Tillman's. Tomato, watermelon and avocado salad was a surprising and delicious combination. My husband loved the buffaloaf and incredible loaded potatoes. And my purple hull peas with tomatoes and jalapenos was flavorful and had just the right amount of kick. Would order all these dishes again. Service was relaxed. We were seated in the private dining room in the back -- and enjoyed the ambiance of that room.Special Features:
- Great food, great locationOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/12/2014The gourmet version of roadhouse fare is definitely something to be tried. Our party of four had salmon, ribs, chicken and ribeye entrees, all excellent. Special mention has to be made for the sundried tomato pesto sauce on the airline chicken. The ribeye flavor was outstanding, but a little bit too much fat. We want to dine on the patio next time on a cool fall night with a bottle of red wine.Special Features:
- Great PlacedoccrmDined on 9/6/2014Great food and outstanding service. Only draw back is that tables are too close together. Very hard if not impossible to have a private conversation.Special Features:
- Everything was great!parisfoodieDined on 9/6/2014Started off with Trio of fried and Duck Nachos....both were superb!! Buffaloaf & ribs did not disappoint either!! We were in a hurry (concert) so we were unable to try dessert, therefore we will need to come back!Special Features:
- Fit for FoodiesDallasfoodieVIPDined on 9/5/2014Really enjoyed our meal at Tillman's. Started with the Blood Orange Margarita (good). Then had the Smoke Duck Nachos (ok), and the Truffled Tator Tots (really good!). Loved the Charred Baby Back Ribs with Mac N Cheese, that we had for dinner. Their BBQ sauce was very original and some of the best that we've had. Overall we found the food to be very original and quite good. Service was a bit slow.Special Features:
- Great Food!!Luv2eatDined on 8/31/2014Had a great time catching up with old friends while sipping mimosas!Special Features:
- SMORES!felixlivesDined on 8/23/2014Great Smores and fun atmosphere. We were there early evening, 5:30. Just went for smores and drinks with friends. Fun place to take your guests from out of town.Special Features:
- Comfort food with a twistItdependsVIPDined on 8/22/2014This was our first time here and we will definitely go back. The food was great. I had the venison chilli pie, it was very flavorful with a touch on the spicy side. I also tried a bite of the buffaloaf which had tons of flavor, moist, and probably what I'll get next time. Vibrant scene so it was loud but still a great place for casual dinner with friends or a romantic night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Foodfood4thoughtDined on 8/17/2014The food was fabulous, everything we ate was wonderful. It was our first time to the restaurant and we were very pleased. Everything we ate was wonderful. I think it was definitely worth the drive!Special Features:
- Excellent food; fun atmosphereExces6Dined on 8/16/2014I went to Tillman's for the first time during Restaurant Week 2014 and was very impressed. The duck nachos were excellent. We added on an order of the truffle tater tots (filled with goat cheese) that were absolutely sublime. We got one of each of the restaurant week entrees. The petit tender was hands down the best entree, though all were excellent. I don't even like blue cheese yet the way it combined with the steak made for a creamy, decadent experience. The tuna was well-prepared and the jicama slaw added a nice sweetness. The pea risotto was well made although not my favorite of the evening. The maple bacon sundae is one of the best desserts I have ever had. The cherries with a lick of salt and maple made my evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food. Horrible service.AlexaDined on 8/16/2014Ivan was our server. Since we were a large party an over 20% gratuity was added. I don't know if that's why he didn't try or he is just horrible at his job. He didn't take our drink order. One person at our party said they drink so he just left. Did the same with appetizers. Never checked on us. The smores make 12. We were short. I had to ask him and two others before we got more. Then charged us for them. Horrible horrible service. I was embarrassed to have brought our out of town company here. I will never come back.
- Good....Mariojames1Dined on 8/16/2014Tillman's again has not disappointing. The food was great and the service was mostly good. The only area of improvement can be quicker service as soon as the guest is seated. It took approximately 10 minutes of waiting until our initial drink order was taken.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YUM!HemiLaineDined on 8/16/2014We went for Restaurant Week, and everything was delicious. The petite tender was the favorite, especially with the blue cheese sauce. Duck nachos, smores and maple bacon sundae were unique and flavorful. The service was excellent and atmosphere was fun. Overall, a great value, and we want to return to sample other favorites from the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/15/2014We went with the plan to take advantage of restaurant week. But the regular menu looked so good that of the four of us, only one stuck to the special menu. The food really rocked! Two changes in reservations on a busy weekend night were handled with great courtesy, and that too was much appreciated. We will be back!Special Features:
- Always a good timeCunninghamsDined on 8/15/2014My wife and I visit Tillman's a few times a year. As always, the wait staff is very helpful, food was great and drinks were awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cramped gemHawaiianTexanDined on 8/15/2014While seating is quite cramped, the food is always delicious and worth the "getting to know your neighbor" setting.Special Features:
- Sadly underwhelmed.EvieDined on 8/14/2014I recently went to Tillman's for Restaurant Week, it was certainly not what I would consider worth one of my few Dallas RW choices. We opted to sit outside because it was pretty loud inside, but apparently the hostess didn't tell anyone that we were out there. So, about 20 minutes later, I walked inside and informed her that we hadn't seen anyone. The service was prompt afterward. The appetizers were very underwhelming, though the steak we both ordered was excellent. The desserts, however, were probably the worst part. Ice cream and a s'more? Not at all restaurant week material, guys. So disappointing. The best thing we had was the additional order of truffle tater tots from the regular menu. Maybe go on the normal menu, but not RW.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Should have gone to OddFellowsKellib99Dined on 7/27/2014The omelet was absolutely horrible, I surely could have made something 10 times better at home. There was minimal filling and it and the oily hash browns I received were served at about 65 degrees. You could tell they'd been sitting off to the side for a while. In addition, it appeared that the kitchen staff was on a seasoning strike, as there was no salt, pepper, or any type of taste to anything we ate. When mentioned to the server he didn't say much. We were both still hungry since our meals were less than satisfying. We ordered pancakes with carmalized bananas. Received the pancakes with no bananas. We've frequented Odd Fellows for brunch and decided to try something different. Definitely should have stuck to the familiar.
- OverhypedZaks1982Dined on 7/26/2014The service was not very good. Our waiter rushed us through the whole meal. He was unfriendly and it felt we were inconveniencing him. He knew we were on separate checks, yet still brought us one check and told us we could figure it out. After taking a while trying to figure it up, I think his patience got the best of him and he just brought us out seperate checks anyway. Then proceeded to hover over us as we paid. The appetizers were smaller than we were told upon ordering and came out cold. I ordered the Halibut special, which came out with a the most horrendous smell, that made the entire table gag. I sent it back for a salad since everyone was already eating , and got the most over priced Caesar salad in its place and no apology.
- always greatQuadJVIPDined on 7/25/2014Multiple visits and it's always great drinks and foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOakclifffoodieDined on 7/19/2014This is a fun place to go with really good food. The servers are all very friendly and they make each visit a fun experience. The food is unique and really good. This is a great place for a special event or just for something different.Special Features:
- WowTeacherGirlDined on 7/19/2014Food was INCREDIBLE. Have the trio of fries for sure! We were not crazy about the loud and crowded atmosphere (you can hear everything the table next to you discusses) but would go back just for the food in a heartbeat. Very pricey but worth it, no doubt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/18/2014Outstanding food and service. One of the best kept secrets in Dallas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, modest environmentseniorflyerDined on 7/18/2014Second time at Tillmans and really enjoyed the food. I had the scallops which were prepared just about perfect. My wife has the pork chop which she said was the best pork she had ever eaten. I took a sample and had to agree. For desert we shared the carrot cake and cinnamon maple ice cream. The carrot cake slice was enormous. I don't know how one individual could have eaten all of the cake and ice cream. However, we both enjoyed it. With the meal we enjoyed one of our favorite wines, Becker Texas Viognier. This was followed by a great show my Ray Wylie Hubband at the near by Kessler Theatre. All in all, a very good eveningI would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost worth the wait!ktjimmyDined on 7/5/2014I came in with out-of-town friends who love Tillman's. We hit traffic and called to ask for our reservation to be pushed back a few minutes, just in case. They were lovely and agreed to push it back. When we arrived, they said our table wasn't ready yet and asked us to wait at the bar. We were not seated for more than 45 minutes, which I understand is largely our fault for missing our original reservation time. However, no one checked on us to offer us water, menus to review, or to let us know how long the wait would be. After we were seated, our waiter was pleasant and service was fairly quick. Food was good, as it always is. Disappointed on the poor start to the evening, as their service is usually excellent!Special Features:
- Delicious foodselarkDined on 7/5/2014Great unique menu, very polite but not pushy service, fun part of town, not the best place for small children. Snores are amazing!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly RecommendshollrahDined on 7/5/2014This was our first visit but wont be our last. The bar, eh, not much to talk about though the bartender was very friendly and helpful. The beer selection was decent but not great. When you get to your table you are presented with truffle oil popcorn. Tell your waiter to keep it coming. Appetizers - you can't go wrong with the tater tots or the lobster tamales (don't let the bisque sauce go to waste). If you like chicken fried steak be prepared for the best one you have ever had. Tillman's version is a legit steak (they ask you how you want it prepared - medium-rare) that has been fried. Finish it off with some smores - everything including the marshmallow, chocolate, and graham cracker are made at the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!Cap55Dined on 7/5/2014Our first visit at Tillman's was mind-blowing! The food was outstanding!! We had duck nachos to start. Fantastic. My fiancé had the chicken fried steak and I had the scallops. Best scallops I've ever had. Served over a pancake made from batter and baby peas. That sucker rocker! His chicken fried steak was unlike any other. Awesome!! The Mac n cheese was the only item that wasn't noteworthy, but save room for dessert, because you're going to want the s'mores. The different flavored marshmallows and cinnamon Graham's were delish. The wine list wasn't bad. Just okay. Perfect for a first date, family dinner, special occasion or just because. Will definitely be returning!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nonameDined on 7/2/2014Not normally a person that orders chicken fried steak, but I am so glad I did, was a legit dish! Duck nachos were very tasty as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girlfriend Brunch!lexiDined on 6/29/2014One, making a reservation online, GENIUS. I'm a hostess on the weekends and this was such a cool feature to me. Mimosas were half the price of a place down the block, and the staff was awesome! It was an inviting and cozy environment with many options, including gluten free.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014The blood orange margaritas are the best I've ever had! !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining ExperienceMary2014SingingSongstoyouDined on 6/28/2014It was our 1st time. We liked it, but wish there were more food options such as fish & chicken. We don't eat a lot of fried foods or beef. Would prefer to see some seasoned grilled foods on the menu. Also, appetizers limited to fried items. We did have the ceasar salad with our meal and it was good. We had the french fries for an appetizer, but as I said.....wish there were other items other than fried foods. Some low carb items would be a plus.Special Features:
- Smore's are the best!AnonymousDined on 6/15/2014Dined there for brunch for the 1st time. It was fabulous! You must try the homemade smore's dessert. It is incredible!Special Features:
- More S'mores PleasedelightfulbirthdaydinnerDined on 6/7/2014I want lie...we came for the s'mores. You can't go wrong ordering anything on the menu.Special Features:
- The following 725 reviews are from the Tillman's Roadhouse - Dallas reviews archive.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/6/2014Tillman's consistently provides great food: well prepared, excellent presentation, wonderful taste. The staff is attentive to needs of those dining there. Bishop Arts District is a fun place in which to enjoy this restaurant.Special Features:
- Bishop Arts funMabriejVIPDined on 6/1/2014It wasn't the best day for the kitchen at brunch. Food was cold and was just okay. I much prefer the regular menu. We all have our days--I'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What's happened?wgg71Dined on 5/31/2014We have been to both Tillman's locations and to this location multiple times. The past 2 times we've been, we've been disappointed and probably won't go back. To start with, there was no mention of "brunch only" on the website. Our reservation was for 145p on a Saturday. I get that weekends are brunch days but at 145p? Secondly, everything was bland. Whoever cooked that day must have forgotten the salt. And the one thing we thought we could count on .. the Trio of Fries .. was 1) different. No Peruvian Purple potatoes and 2) overcooked and severely under seasoned. Everything used to be so good, especially at this location. Sadly, not any more.
- Comfort FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/25/2014Please do not let the DEA find out about the S'Mores and Truffle Tots.Special Features: