TILL dynamic fare
247 King Ave
Columbus, OH 43201Neighborhood:
Short North - Arena District
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
TILL dynamic fare
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tillfare.com/
- Phone: 6142989986x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm.
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm. Sunday Supper 5-9pm
Weekend Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 9:00am - 3:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Vegetarian / Vegan, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Magdiale Wolmark
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from TILL dynamic fare
Casual modern American chef driven comfort foods in a no frills art loft style setting. Wines on tap, and an ever changing selection of draft beers featuring both domestic craft and old world styles compliment an artisanal cocktail bar menu and diverse wine list. James Beard nominated chef and owner Magdiale Wolmark is known for both inventive meat and vegetarian/vegan dishes. Sourcing is biodynamic, local, organic and always top notch with some ingredients grown in a backyard garden. Great music and laid back friendly staff at this eclectic neighborhood spot.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
TILL dynamic fare - Best Restaurants in Short North - Arena District ›
TILL dynamic fare reviews from OpenTable diners
49 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (33)neighborhood gem (28)great for outdoor dining (11)good for groups (10)great for lunch (8)hot spot (7)great for brunch (7)special occasion (6)romantic (5)notable wine list (5)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- kbishungryDined on 10/7/2014Excellent food and service. One must be open to trying different food to really appreciate Till. We enjoyed it very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- drdscDined on 10/2/2014Read review re: Thursday night specialty tacos. When arrived at restaurant did not have tacos on menu. Server shrugged and described what they were offering instead (unappealling choices). Chose grassfed burger...nothing special for $16.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/28/2014So nice to have a place where vegans and carnivores can happily eat together with a wide selection and delicious food for everyone. We all loved it!Special Features:
- $14 veggie burger?!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/25/2014Was so excited to go to a place known for their vegetarian options. Lunch menu has limited options in which to dine, so I gave the burger a go. Sorry to say, it's nothing special. Beautifully presented but as soon as u start eating, it falls apart and out of the bun it goes. Pretty typical issue for a veggie burger. I've had many veggie burgers this city has to offer and this one didn't distinguish itself from the rest. Service was great. No pressure and easy going! Disappointed in the food but may return for dinner to give it another try!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service are outstanding!Idrive4gudfoodDined on 9/11/2014TDF is one if the best restaurants in Columbus hands down!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better food and choicesgardenwanderDined on 9/10/2014They do not offer a lot of dishes if you are vegetarian. But the cheese dishes are very different so you do not miss having other options. The Ohio Trout sandwich for lunch was superb as was the potato salad with white bean puree. The mud pie was rich and decadent. Much better experience than my first visit back on an August night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch venueHattieVIPDined on 9/7/2014So glad we discovered this neighborhood gem. Can't believe it has been in business for 3 yrs and we didn't know about it. The brunch was so filling that we were still full at dinner time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Fresh FoodFreshfoodloverVIPDined on 9/6/2014Loved that fresh and original food was also delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Sunday Breakfast/BrunchmustdevourfoodalwaysDined on 8/24/2014We had breakfast here at 10 in the morning on a Sunday and the food was great, the waitstaff and hostess/cashier were lovely, and it was a great location--just off of High so not lumped together with lots of other places, but easy to find. Nice atmosphere and great coffee. The food is a bit more unconventional with global flavors but we are foodies and loved it.Special Features:
- tonydDined on 8/22/2014Food is very creative with many vegetarian and traditional options chef is inventive and not afraid to try new things. Cocktail and wine list are goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not quite.BoneldaVIPDined on 8/3/2014This place had better food for my taste when it was Dragonfly. Indoors, there is a musty odor. This time we ate outside with lot's of noise from traffic and the loud music from the restaurant across the street. The food is okay, but not many choices for those of us who do not eat mammals.
- Didn't Do It For MecbusdinerDined on 8/2/2014The ambiance of this place is really neat. Small but had a good vibe. The service was very slow. It took almost 30 minutes to get our cocktails. The waiter did come over and say the bar was backed up, but it was after 20 minutes of us waiting. The menu looked awesome!!! The food was average. Probably about 6 dollars per plate overpriced. I'm glad I tried someplace new, but definitely will not be back.
- Not ok for big parties .....BInkVIPDined on 8/2/2014..... Or actually any party this particular night. The whole thing was a disaster. Our server really tried and rightly apologized and comped some things. She did what she could with what she had to work with. Probably my biggest annoyance was a menu printed with half the items not available AND no buns for the burgers, of which one was served RAW. I have previously reviewed Till with rave reviews. It was really rough and actually embarrassing since it was my choice for our group.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/24/2014We went here during restaurant week in July. For all of us in the group, it was our first time dining here. I had high expectations from reading so many rave reviews online. Unfortunately, we were underwhelmed from the food itself. Service and atmosphere were great. There were mix-mash of international flavors (i.e. Asian, Italian, etc.) and it was all pretty random. While I wholeheartedly like their concept and mission, the quality of the food should be better than what we had. We all left underwhelmed. I think the popularity is for the concept that they are using for their business model. The restaurant has many patrons and supporters and I'm sure it will do well long-term as this trend for localized food sourcing become mainstream.Special Features:
- Sadly disappointedinnervocalsDined on 7/23/2014I usually rave about my first time dining somewhere new for restaurant week. We were sadly disappointed, as there was 20 minutes in between dishes and being served after the couple next to us, when we arrived there 15 minutes before them. Everything was alright but for being a small restaurant, I shouldn't be waiting this long for food. Sadly won't be coming there again.Special Features:
- I've never enjoyed veggies so much!MommafromBostonDined on 7/22/2014I had a great meal with good service. I had the baby kale which was my favorite and I'm not particularly fond of regular kale. The meatball was excellent. The sweet potato poutine was very good. My least favorite (which I thought would be my most) was the arugula and beet salad. It lacked flavor. We had the carrot cake for dessert and that was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favorite Cbus restaurantsjkellsDined on 7/21/2014I moved to Columbus a little over a year ago. When I first got here Till was one of the first restaurants that I tried which inspired my friends and I to make it a point to try out all the other known and unknown spots in Columbus. A year later after more food than I would like to mention, trying Till again, It is still one of my favorite restaurants in Columbus. Great food, locally grown and oftentimes grown in the back garden. The wait staff is courteous and attentive. They offer a variety of options that you would not find anywhere else. Often times an unknown Gem, but a must try for any foodie. Hats off to you Till, you've done it again :)Special Features:
- DeliciousMiamiConciergeVIPDined on 7/12/2014First visit for us was good. We wanted to dine somewhere interesting but not crowded where we could converse. The lamb burger was excellent, cheese board with smoked trout imperiale was very good--there was a surprise substitution on it when served, but luckily we weren't allergic to yummy tomatoes. Drinks were fine, but almost Big City prices--$11 for vodka and St. Germain. Chocolate cake was very good. Would love to try again. We appreciated being able to linger for over two hours to talk and eat. the kitchen was open late on Saturday night, as well.Special Features:
- Great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/12/2014We had a wonderful meal at Till. Everything we ordered was prepared well. The menu is all great. We will definitely be back to try everything there, including the wine list. Lots of fun stuff there, too!Special Features:
- Lost its charmtheaterVIPDined on 7/12/2014Came here last year and was blown away by the service, food and the adorable garden in the back. This place is a bit of a car ride away if you are in town for a convention. I dragged my team here boasting about the garden to table scene and how great the food was last time. I was really disappointed.They were understaffed and the one waitress that seemed to be running the entire place was over worked and kept forgetting to bring us things. The awesome pizza I had last time was dried out this time. The runny egg was a thick dried out blob. My team said the best part was dessert. We topped the night off with a walk in the garden out back that was neglected and mostly dead. Not sure if I will return.Special Features:
- Cali Cuisine in ColumbusnicknameVIPDined on 7/5/2014While visiting Columbus for holiday weekend, decided we really wanted to try the reincarnation of what used to be DragonFly. This is certainly a great new incarnation. Beautiful and delicious food, service was excellent. Great for farm-to-table omnivores and vegans. Great cocktail menu; good wine list. This time, 4 stars because of some food items out of stock, but that's almost a nit-pick; will try again on next visit. Looking forward to 5 stars.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday BashSerenity40Dined on 6/27/2014I had a great experience for my 40th B-day dinner with friends! It wasn't just dinner out, it was a food and drink experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Graet FooddaveDined on 6/27/2014The food was excellent, unfortunately out of a couple items. But everything tasted great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never fails.EvilAntonDined on 6/25/2014As a twenty year veteran of the service industry, I can say that Till is one of the best restaurants in Columbus. The menus are always heartfelt and thoughtful. The drinks are well prepared and consistent. And the service is attentive and genuine without being pretentious or stiff. The decor is simple and sparse. I love it. I'll be back. Again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 136 reviews are from the TILL dynamic fare reviews archive.
- Will probably not returnDadsDayDined on 6/15/2014Arrived on time. Reservation at noon/6 for brunch/Father's Day. A very hot day. Front door of Till propped open & temp set at 77=uncomfortably warm inside. The host didn't plan for our reservation...no 6-tops for us. He had to relocate other diners & push tables together for our family. Service was SLOW/non-existent. No silverware or napkins were provided until after our beverages arrived. Had to ask for them and even then it took FOREVER to get just one napkin! Not 6 - just one for the person who asked. The menu looked interesting, but the host told us several items including two special fruit drinks were already sold out! Till served brunch until 3 & were sold out at noon! Food was good. The rest of our experience AWFUL!
- phenomenal experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/13/2014at till i had one of the BEST meals i've ever had and the service was exceptional. thanks till for a lovely experience!Special Features:
- Great Food!StaciaDined on 5/9/2014Dinner was fantastic. We ate all vegan meals and it was amazing how flavorful and hearty everything was. Only reason I docked them one star was because they were out of a few things.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A pretty good small spot.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/9/2014The food was very good. The donut and ice cream dessert was a fun treat. The aperitif drinks were very good as well. The main courses we got were pretty good; definitely worth the price. It was a very good value. I think two of us got out of there about a hundred bucks, with a drink and dessert, so for good food it's very affordable. Personally, I think L'Antibes down the street has much better food, but you're looking at a two hundred bill there for a couple, so value-wise, Till was top notch. The owner was super friendly, and incredibly helpful with the menu. We loved her.Special Features:
- Vegetarian?Icculus84Dined on 5/3/2014Being veg makes finding fancy dining a little more difficult. I went here because they were close and a quick peek at the menu showd tofu and a veggie burger. We both got the fried tofu with vegan mac & cheese. I have to be honest, I have had tofu in so many different ways, but this was probably the best I have ever eaten. The place is slightly pricey, but for a weekend outing it is well worth it. A large wine list, full bar with some nice mixes, and although they don't have booths and the tables are a little tight, it is a great atmosphere. We will be back, for sure!Special Features:
- All Across the spectrumSoupyDined on 4/27/2014Selected this place from friends and reviews. Needed a brunch spot in town which was Vegan friendly. Frankly, they knocked it out of the park. Vegan dishes had a equal footing to traditional fare all of which had a vibrant twist and exciting appearance as well as superb on the palate. Only wish we lived closer to Columbus.....Special Features:
- Enjoyable MealCbus22VIPDined on 4/26/2014Food and drink was very good. Service was attentive. Not a place for a quiet meal.Special Features:
- Great Place to EatgreateatsDined on 4/20/2014This is a great place to eat and hang out, the food is very good and the atmosphere is very good. The selection on the menu provides a wide variety of Eats. Worth making a trip to this cozy restaurant and be prepared to have a great meal. But bring your own wine they do not have a license to serve liquor. But hey it is about the food not the drink.Special Features:
- Nice!TaraDined on 4/4/2014My first visit here on my birthday. There is another ladies group had birthday party too at next table. It was not busy on Friday night, which was good. Foods we order were good. Only we couldn't enjoy was their daily special seafood pizza. Mussel was main topping on this pizza however mussel taste not match to their pizza sauce. For dessert, Pair sorbet was very good. White paint wall made light and clean image. Overall, I recommend this place.Special Features:
- UnderwhelmedBarbaraDined on 3/31/2014I made a reservation for my BD - we hadn't been there since it became Till. I chose it because I am a veg and my husband is not - so we had options. It was 5:30 on a Monday the place was pretty empty. The person who seated us seemed nice but indifferent. The first server was helpful, took our drink order and explained some of the menu items. He must have gone off shift because we got another server. My food was "ok". My husband got a lamb burger and was not asked how he wanted it cooked. It was a little pink but he as he ate more he noticed the inside was raw. The server didn't seem concerned but offered to take it for more cooking. Also my husband called to tell them it was my BD - he wanted it to be special. Not a good experienceSpecial Features:
- Great food experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/29/2014We had a wonderful dinner. Very small cozy restaurant. We had the meatball appetizer, the fisherman's board and the pork cassoulet- all delicious. Great selection of unique drinks also. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious choiceBInkVIPDined on 3/20/2014Great local gem with a local food focus. Menu is not extensive, but each choice is delicious. Best veggie burger I've ever tasted. Had the soup of the day. Delicious. Veggie burger, delicious. Pizza of the day, DELICIOUS. It had mussels on it, which I didn't think I would care for but it was really good. If you have a vegetarian or vegan guest to entertain, this would be the best spot in Cbus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent and Innovative FoodRobertVIPDined on 3/20/2014One of the best in Columbus (or anywhere). The restaurant does great twists on standard fare (Pulled Pork Cassoulet with Head Cheese on top) and some true originals. Everything we had was outstanding and the prices are reasonable for the high quality. Also, they still do Vegan dishes (former name was Drangonfly - same chef/owner now) if that is your thing. Definitely will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noise level to highretired2Dined on 3/8/2014We arrived at 7:45 reservation and our table was not available. We were seated at community table and the noise level was so high we could not talk across the table. My order was rejected because hey ran out of mussels. I selected this restaurant, because of the chief and all items were well prepared. I would return only on an off-time when the noise level would be down and better change of all menu items available.Special Features:
- Great Food, But a Few HiccupsGinaDined on 3/8/2014The food was fantastic, but what I wanted (the mussels) they were out of. I was disappointed,d but of course enjoyed what I did end up ordering (the tofu with mac and cheese). The food did take quite a while to arrive, and we found ourselves waiting longer than normal for our meals, but other than that it was amazing and we'll be back!Special Features:
- Cool, late night findSheila0824VIPDined on 3/7/2014We so enjoyed our evening at TiLL. The staff was very personable and attentive. The food was imaginative and delicious! Beignets to die for!!! Will return and bring friends.Special Features: