Tilikum Place Cafe
407 Cedar Street
Seattle, WA 98126Neighborhood:
Belltown / Pike Place Market
NorthwestPrice: $30 and under
Tilikum Place Cafe
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tilikumplacecafe.com/
- Phone: 2062824830
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 8:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Northwest, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Ba Culbert
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Tilikum Place Cafe
Inspired European and Northwest brunch, lunch and dinner. We take great pride in using the freshest & highest quality products as our menu is entirely made in house. Stop by for dinner or drinks & experience seasonal cuisine, creative libations & a warm welcome!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Tilikum Place Cafe - Best Restaurants in Belltown / Pike Place Market ›
Tilikum Place Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
159 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (118)neighborhood gem (112)great for brunch (84)great for lunch (43)special occasion (39)romantic (37)notable wine list (13)hot spot (10)kid-friendly (9)good for groups (8)late-night find (7)scenic view (5)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- Neighborhood Gem Describes ItAmyKDined on 10/18/2014Wonderful dining experience due to the care of servers and the kitchen. I would have given another star but for the long-ish wait for starters & main course due to a table of 7 who arrived just before us. Many diners appeared to be regulars which speaks well of this intimate place. Highlights of our dinner include the baked oysters in miso aioli, wild boar ragu penne and peach-blackberry crumble.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seattle visitorOpenTableFarifaxVaVIPDined on 10/14/2014I have been to Tilikum an number of times for dinner at it has always been excellent. Came for late lunch and the food war really great. Quite interesting specials at lunch even and was not boring same old lunch food.Special Features:
- Great, as always.lizzyDined on 10/12/2014I always enjoy my visits to Tilikum. Good food, service, ambiance. One of my favorite places to eat.Special Features:
- Terrific brunchRichRMVIPDined on 10/12/2014Although the service was a bit off, the food was incredibly delicious as was the entire ambiance. A very mixed crowd enjoyed and eclectic menu with food offerings that each were unique.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real GemFormsguyVIPDined on 10/10/2014My wife & I visited with friends and loved it so much we went back the next night. It was great both nights. If you love French Onion soup this is the place for you. Amazing! My wife had fish both nights and she was very impressed. I had Pasta and then Lamb the second night. The Pasta was very good and finding a good rack of Lamb was a real treat. We both loved the ambience of this small restuarant and the service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!mangiaDined on 10/10/2014Had the wild boar meat ragu with gnocchi and it was really amazing. Best in town! Comforting, rich and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique breakfastYordknsDined on 10/4/2014I read about the Tilikum Place Cafe and decided that the menu looked intriguing. Neither my wife or I were disappointed. While my wife's eyes were too big for her stomach she ended up ordering two dishes I settle on the baked beans on toast. When I go someplace new I like to try something I'm not going to get someplace else and since we had a big day ahead of us I thought trying something substantial was the way to go. The beans were chock full of pork, the eggs were done just right, and the toast had just enough cheese to make the entire dish delicious. My wife raved about the goat cheese and fig tart we were supposed to share. I got one bite and she had the large portion. Great waiter with a genuine warmth. All in all a nice experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood gemSeveDined on 10/3/2014Lovely restaurant, excellent service, great daily specials. We will certainly return.Special Features:
- DisappointedmarkboDined on 10/3/2014We loved our first two visits to Tillikum cafe. Went there this weekend for husband's birthday, and were sorely disappointed. Our waitress was extremely inattentive/slow. We had to steal water from one of the empty tables. She just disappeared for long periods. And our food was not great. THirty dollars for what is basically three large scallops -- way too salty-- on a bed of spinach and celeriac? Not something we'll be back for. My son's gnocchi was good, but so heavy he couldn't eat it. (And he eats everything.) There was no cake, nothing resembling cake you could put a candle on, and I'd told them it was a birthday. The server never acknowledged that, nor offered to help in any way. So, meh. I think they lost us as customers.Special Features:
- DeliciousBeagleFanDined on 10/3/2014The food is wonderful and perfectly-prepared local Northwest fare. I loved the scallops in lobster bisque sauce. Others had lamb or gnocchi. All plates at our table were cleaned. Service was excellent, even offering us a theatre coupon discount we'd forgotten about when we told the waitress we we dining before a play.Special Features:
- Reservations neededCityGal13Dined on 9/28/2014Make sure you make reservations!!! I went with my second choice as far as what I ordered for brunch, and was dissapointed, but my dining companion got a very lovely looking egg-white omelette. I will definitely go back!Special Features:
- foodgirl58offthe58chartsDined on 9/28/2014Another jewel to dine at in Seattle. The food is off the charts. Make reservations. GO. Indulge. You won't be sorrySpecial Features:
- Favorite brunch in SeattleSeattlefoodieDined on 9/27/2014We go to Tilikum for brunch once every few weeks and they are awesome. The service is friendly, the food is fresh and innovative, and the French press coffee is some of the best in the city. Make sure to order the specials as they are always the best and recently the spot is really popular so you may need a reaervation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeBestforamileDined on 9/26/2014This place is not cheap, but it you want excellent quality, tasty, food which is cooked to perfection, you will find it here.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/26/2014I love this restaurant. The service is excellent and the food is tasty.Special Features:
- Tilikum Place great to come back todiningfoolDined on 9/21/2014I've dined at Tilikum Place three times in the past two years, which is an accomplishment since I live in Houston, TX. Plan to return every time I go back to, or through, Seattle. I love everything about it, particularly the food, and extra-particularly the hand-made pasta appetizer with hazelnuts cream sauce!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SBA1Dined on 9/21/2014For Sunday Brunch, I had Octopus Scramble. Yeah, right that's pretty unusual, although maybe it's more common in the Seattle Area. The octopus was tender and the saltiness was perfect with the eggs. The restaurant is in an area that has some drug rehabs in the neighborhood, so they have combination locks on the bathroom doors. Other than that the ambience is definitely old style cafe/ bar; a little noisy because it was packed. the staff was friendly and extra nice to those they recognized as regulars.Special Features:
- good experiencewaverDined on 9/20/2014had amazing brunch there with gf. I had the daily special benny and gf had the dutch babies. everything was very delicious. She wanted to go back for it already! must try if you are in seattle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food. Perfect hospitality.LariatVIPDined on 9/19/2014My third time to Tilikum. The menu offered still more varieties. The combination of perfectly prepared stables (the chicken and emmer paste) and new offers will bring me back to Tilikum again and again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceNWWineDined on 9/18/2014Out of town friends recommended this place because they'd been there before and had a great meal. We were not disappointed. The food was excellent (pasta and summer salad divine) and the service was as well. Go here.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/14/2014Food is always top notch and exceptional at this restaurant. Unfortunately, the service does not rate the same kudos....Special Features:
- Good brunchnakedtonueVIPDined on 9/13/2014A bustling small sport for brunch/lunch. Several daily special that compliment current seasonal ingredients.Special Features:
- Intimate, fun spotOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/9/2014We enjoyed our dinner. Warm, inviting dining room, limited buy appealing menu, very friendly service. Nice when traveling to avoid the boisterous tourist spots. Recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lived up to the hypeSpouseofafoodieDined on 9/9/2014We had 2 nights in Seattle and tried Elliot's oyster bar the first night. The food was very good but insustrial. We wanted to experience a local place the second night and the food at Tilikum place cafe was exquisite. Super YUM! Our waitress was lovely and made great recommendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best BenedictckmathisDined on 9/7/2014I am an Eggs Benedict lover! I have been to Tilikum Place Cafe numerous times, and have had every seasonal variation of the benedict here and they have all superb! The eggs have alway been cooked to a perfect soft poach, just as they should and the flavor compositions have always be excellent. While I am a predictable brunch diner, and mainly order benedicts everywhere I go, my fellow diners have ordered other things off of the menu and equally rave about them as well. Cant go wrong here. Only note is to make sure to make a reservation as the wait times can be long, if not completely impossible to get in, if you don't.Special Features:
- JIMILYLEDined on 9/7/2014Peppers were way too hot in the baked egg dish. The chef had got a hold of a renegade batch. Dish was comped and another offered. Very cool. Everything else delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & friendly staffGrimjackDined on 9/6/2014I arrived early to the restaurant while the rest of the party was late. The staff sat me at my table and were friendly, courteous and exceptionally patient with the late arrival of the rest. They really made me feel at home and when all the diners arrived we were never rushed. The sweet dutch babies were delicious and the french press coffee was perfect for brunch.Special Features:
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/5/2014We just love this place. Everything about it is so consistent.
- Unusual ServiceDelayedfromPuyallupDined on 9/4/2014On our way from Puyallup trying to find Cedar Street we were involved in a car accident that delayed our scheduled arrival at the Tilikum Cafe. although it was a Friday night and the restaurant was booked out they kept the table for us after we notified them and we had a wonderful dinner that made us almost forget the accidentSpecial Features:
- Always great food and serviceFranciscoDined on 8/29/2014Small intimate place with excellent choices of perfectly balanced favors. Chef Ma is certainly on my favorite list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Food and ServiceMPowell57Dined on 8/24/2014We are visiting Seattle from Pennsylvania. I was done with the high paced and over-rated and expensive eateries down in Pike Place (fun place, enjoyed it, but was ready for a change of pace). Tilikum Place Cafe was highly rated and not far from where we are staying at The Westin. We had the rabbit ravioli in porcini broth for the appetizer... excellent!! The pan seared chicken in sauce robert was as good as chicken gets when dining out. The yukon gold potatoes and fresh green beans were perfectly cooked and well paired with the chicken. Our server was warm and friendly and had just the right touch. Our window seat had a view of the space needle through the trees. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Super delish!FoodLoveDined on 8/24/2014We had brunch with a group of friends - being able to make a reservation was awesome. Our food was delicious - that bacon! The mimosas were a little heavy on juice but it was fresh which was nice. The shrimp in my special Benedict was perfectly cooked, not an easy thing to pull off. Our server (Jens) was super, friendly and efficient, funny but still a pro. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!DanielleDined on 8/24/2014Went for brunch on a recent trip to Seattle. The menu was spectacular! Everything we ate was delicious-- will definitely go back the next time I travel to Seattle!Special Features:
- Always says it allfoodfriendsloveDined on 8/24/2014We have been to Tillicum Place Cafe numerous times, and are always delighted w the creative and delicious menu. Servers are fun and present when you want them. To say we can always count on Tillicum place Cafe says it all in our bookSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice welcome to Seattlereddevil1962Dined on 8/23/2014Wait staff excellent. Fielded the questions on the wine list to our satisfaction. Pasta the best my wife has ever had--sauce plus home made pasta. Only knock was the only seafood dish was cod. cod is fine--but. Very well prepared but still cod. Would certainly go back and have already recommended.Special Features:
- Awesome Food and Service!philwupdxVIPDined on 8/23/2014Casual, friendly, and sophisticated, all at the same time. Market fish of the day: Black Cod with summer squash puree, beans, wild mushrooms and huckleberries. Truly amazing! Location is perfect for pre or post activities at Seattle Center. My partner and I dined early ahead of a production at Intiman Theater, and we'll return in a couple of weeks for a repeat performance (at both the theater and Tilikum Place).Special Features:
- Small PortionsAstraguyDined on 8/23/2014We had brunch. The food was quite tasty, but very small portions, not worth the high price in my opinion. It was also served in a large bowl which made it seem even less. Service was great, atmosphere was fine. Maybe lunch or dinner portions are more reasonable.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/19/2014Great fusion of flavors and wonderful service. Walking distance to the Space Needle etc, but feels a littel less touristy, more neighborhood gem. A great find. Thanks Open Table!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A magnificent dining experienceGrandonDined on 8/18/2014From the moment we entered the staff was attentive but unobtrusive. Our server knew the menu in great detail and steered us toward fantastic choices. The wine, the appetizers, and the dinner specials were fresh, simple, and extraordinary. Just perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Dinner w/ FamilyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/16/2014Tillikum made this a special dinner experience for my Dad's 74th Birthday. The food is always on point but the service separated this from other restaurants.Special Features: