Tilikum Place Cafe
407 Cedar Street
Seattle, WA 98126Neighborhood:
Belltown / Pike Place Market
NorthwestPrice: $30 and under
Tilikum Place Cafe
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tilikumplacecafe.com/
- Phone: 2062824830
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 8:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Northwest, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Ba Culbert
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Tilikum Place Cafe
Inspired European and Northwest brunch, lunch and dinner. We take great pride in using the freshest & highest quality products as our menu is entirely made in house. Stop by for dinner or drinks & experience seasonal cuisine, creative libations & a warm welcome!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Tilikum Place Cafe - Best Restaurants in Belltown / Pike Place Market ›
Tilikum Place Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
158 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (112)neighborhood gem (107)great for brunch (84)special occasion (43)great for lunch (41)romantic (39)notable wine list (13)hot spot (12)kid-friendly (9)late-night find (8)good for groups (6)scenic view (5)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Reservations neededOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014Make sure you make reservations!!! I went with my second choice as far as what I ordered for brunch, and was dissapointed, but my dining companion got a very lovely looking egg-white omelette. I will definitely go back!Special Features:
- foodgirl58offthe58chartsDined on 9/28/2014Another jewel to dine at in Seattle. The food is off the charts. Make reservations. GO. Indulge. You won't be sorrySpecial Features:
- Favorite brunch in SeattleOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/27/2014We go to Tilikum for brunch once every few weeks and they are awesome. The service is friendly, the food is fresh and innovative, and the French press coffee is some of the best in the city. Make sure to order the specials as they are always the best and recently the spot is really popular so you may need a reaervation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeBestforamileDined on 9/26/2014This place is not cheap, but it you want excellent quality, tasty, food which is cooked to perfection, you will find it here.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/26/2014I love this restaurant. The service is excellent and the food is tasty.Special Features:
- Tilikum Place great to come back todiningfoolDined on 9/21/2014I've dined at Tilikum Place three times in the past two years, which is an accomplishment since I live in Houston, TX. Plan to return every time I go back to, or through, Seattle. I love everything about it, particularly the food, and extra-particularly the hand-made pasta appetizer with hazelnuts cream sauce!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SBA1Dined on 9/21/2014For Sunday Brunch, I had Octopus Scramble. Yeah, right that's pretty unusual, although maybe it's more common in the Seattle Area. The octopus was tender and the saltiness was perfect with the eggs. The restaurant is in an area that has some drug rehabs in the neighborhood, so they have combination locks on the bathroom doors. Other than that the ambience is definitely old style cafe/ bar; a little noisy because it was packed. the staff was friendly and extra nice to those they recognized as regulars.Special Features:
- Amazing food. Perfect hospitality.LariatVIPDined on 9/19/2014My third time to Tilikum. The menu offered still more varieties. The combination of perfectly prepared stables (the chicken and emmer paste) and new offers will bring me back to Tilikum again and again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceNWWineDined on 9/18/2014Out of town friends recommended this place because they'd been there before and had a great meal. We were not disappointed. The food was excellent (pasta and summer salad divine) and the service was as well. Go here.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/14/2014Food is always top notch and exceptional at this restaurant. Unfortunately, the service does not rate the same kudos....Special Features:
- Good brunchnakedtonueVIPDined on 9/13/2014A bustling small sport for brunch/lunch. Several daily special that compliment current seasonal ingredients.Special Features:
- Intimate, fun spotOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/9/2014We enjoyed our dinner. Warm, inviting dining room, limited buy appealing menu, very friendly service. Nice when traveling to avoid the boisterous tourist spots. Recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lived up to the hypeSpouseofafoodieDined on 9/9/2014We had 2 nights in Seattle and tried Elliot's oyster bar the first night. The food was very good but insustrial. We wanted to experience a local place the second night and the food at Tilikum place cafe was exquisite. Super YUM! Our waitress was lovely and made great recommendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JIMILYLEDined on 9/7/2014Peppers were way too hot in the baked egg dish. The chef had got a hold of a renegade batch. Dish was comped and another offered. Very cool. Everything else delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & friendly staffGrimjackDined on 9/6/2014I arrived early to the restaurant while the rest of the party was late. The staff sat me at my table and were friendly, courteous and exceptionally patient with the late arrival of the rest. They really made me feel at home and when all the diners arrived we were never rushed. The sweet dutch babies were delicious and the french press coffee was perfect for brunch.Special Features:
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/5/2014We just love this place. Everything about it is so consistent.
- Unusual ServiceDelayedfromPuyallupDined on 9/4/2014On our way from Puyallup trying to find Cedar Street we were involved in a car accident that delayed our scheduled arrival at the Tilikum Cafe. although it was a Friday night and the restaurant was booked out they kept the table for us after we notified them and we had a wonderful dinner that made us almost forget the accidentSpecial Features:
- Always great food and serviceFranciscoDined on 8/29/2014Small intimate place with excellent choices of perfectly balanced favors. Chef Ma is certainly on my favorite list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Food and ServiceMPowell57Dined on 8/24/2014We are visiting Seattle from Pennsylvania. I was done with the high paced and over-rated and expensive eateries down in Pike Place (fun place, enjoyed it, but was ready for a change of pace). Tilikum Place Cafe was highly rated and not far from where we are staying at The Westin. We had the rabbit ravioli in porcini broth for the appetizer... excellent!! The pan seared chicken in sauce robert was as good as chicken gets when dining out. The yukon gold potatoes and fresh green beans were perfectly cooked and well paired with the chicken. Our server was warm and friendly and had just the right touch. Our window seat had a view of the space needle through the trees. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Super delish!FoodLoveDined on 8/24/2014We had brunch with a group of friends - being able to make a reservation was awesome. Our food was delicious - that bacon! The mimosas were a little heavy on juice but it was fresh which was nice. The shrimp in my special Benedict was perfectly cooked, not an easy thing to pull off. Our server (Jens) was super, friendly and efficient, funny but still a pro. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!DanielleDined on 8/24/2014Went for brunch on a recent trip to Seattle. The menu was spectacular! Everything we ate was delicious-- will definitely go back the next time I travel to Seattle!Special Features:
- Always says it allfoodfriendsloveDined on 8/24/2014We have been to Tillicum Place Cafe numerous times, and are always delighted w the creative and delicious menu. Servers are fun and present when you want them. To say we can always count on Tillicum place Cafe says it all in our bookSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice welcome to Seattlereddevil1962Dined on 8/23/2014Wait staff excellent. Fielded the questions on the wine list to our satisfaction. Pasta the best my wife has ever had--sauce plus home made pasta. Only knock was the only seafood dish was cod. cod is fine--but. Very well prepared but still cod. Would certainly go back and have already recommended.Special Features:
- Awesome Food and Service!philwupdxVIPDined on 8/23/2014Casual, friendly, and sophisticated, all at the same time. Market fish of the day: Black Cod with summer squash puree, beans, wild mushrooms and huckleberries. Truly amazing! Location is perfect for pre or post activities at Seattle Center. My partner and I dined early ahead of a production at Intiman Theater, and we'll return in a couple of weeks for a repeat performance (at both the theater and Tilikum Place).Special Features:
- Small PortionsAstraguyDined on 8/23/2014We had brunch. The food was quite tasty, but very small portions, not worth the high price in my opinion. It was also served in a large bowl which made it seem even less. Service was great, atmosphere was fine. Maybe lunch or dinner portions are more reasonable.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/19/2014Great fusion of flavors and wonderful service. Walking distance to the Space Needle etc, but feels a littel less touristy, more neighborhood gem. A great find. Thanks Open Table!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A magnificent dining experienceGrandonDined on 8/18/2014From the moment we entered the staff was attentive but unobtrusive. Our server knew the menu in great detail and steered us toward fantastic choices. The wine, the appetizers, and the dinner specials were fresh, simple, and extraordinary. Just perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Dinner w/ FamilyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/16/2014Tillikum made this a special dinner experience for my Dad's 74th Birthday. The food is always on point but the service separated this from other restaurants.Special Features:
- one of my favoritesjalapenoDined on 8/16/2014great place for brunch. Definitely try the classic dutch baby or the pancakes. The scrambles and omelets look amazing as well.Special Features:
- My 3rd time 1st for dinnerZelabethDined on 8/15/2014I loved my 2 lunches and this was my first dinner - I'd say the lunch is a better value, but the food is still high quality and delicious, just a bit pricey compared to lunch. I preferred the waiters at lunch - the one waitress for a full restaurant for dinner seemed rushed and a bit uninformative. Next time I'm trying brunch - I would say make reservations for dinner on a Friday or near noon lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Fresh and DeliciousFoodfoodfoodVIPDined on 8/11/2014Tilikum Place never fails to deliver. The food is always fresh and tasty. For example, I tried squash blossoms that were prepared like a tempura that was light and delicious. The salad made with grilled watermelon was satisfying. My son's salmon was just right. The staff is warm and friendly. It is my favorite neighborhood place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch twice and super niceZelabethDined on 8/11/2014I love the high quality of the food, nice cozy atmosphere and good waiters. I am going for my first dinner this Friday - so far, my 2 lunches were delicious. I highly recommend and will count this as one of my fave places now in Seattle.Special Features:
- HendoDined on 8/9/2014This is a small, intimate restaurant with great food and service. The menu is limited but that is good. These guys do what they do well and don't try to be all things to all people. We had a house-made pasta appetizer that was incredible. We had the salmon and the flat-iron steak for entrees which were equally as great as the appetizer.I had the steak which was a perfect medium rare. We had the green beans with garlic and shallots which were cooked al dente. My wife is not that fond of green beans but loved these. The wine list is good and wines by the glass are available. We visit Seattle at least once per month for 3 to 5 days and Tilikum Place is the best restaurant we have been to in the last few years. We will return many, many times!Special Features:
- Limited menu but excellentgcminVIPDined on 8/6/2014We had dinner not brunch, which seems to be what gives the restaurant it's acclaim, but it was wonderful. Appetizers were large and fresh, and while there are only five entrees each evening our chicken and salmon (fish of the day at $30) were excellent. We shared a cobbler and the coffee is outstanding Well worth it.I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best in SeattleFluffOneDined on 8/5/2014I started eating at Tilikum Place Café when they first opened 5 years ago and really liked it but got distracted trying other new places that we were consistently disappointed with. Recently we came for dinner and just fell in love with it all over again. I absolutely love the food, the staff is wonderful with just the right amount of attention given and the restaurant is comfortable, cozy, sophisticated without being pretentious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/3/2014As always, everything was perfect here. The food was fabulous and the drinks were yummy. It was a little warm, but that might just be a reflection of how "over" summer I am.Special Features:
- Love the breakfast!tellsusanneDined on 8/2/2014I am European and so happy to have found a place that serves unique and also small dishes (as well as generous portions if you are hungry) for breakfast. Their cheese and cold cuts selection is amazing and their warm bread with their delicious jam the best. I highly recommend to order some cheese of sausage, they come nicely presented on a plate with the best crunchy bread I ever had. I am writing this during dinner time and are getting hungry for breakfast again. Will go there tomorrow morning. : )Special Features:
- Outstanding first-time dinnerSumaleeDined on 7/26/2014Bad planning on my part meant scheduling dinner during the height of the Seafair Torchlight parade -- but once safely inside the Tilikum Cafe, all madness forgotten. The server was impeccable-she was courteous, genuinely friendly, checked back at ideal times, comfortable with people. The food was delicious, from the house salad to the steamed clams to the steak. Everything was perceptibly fresh and locally-sourced and the presentation lovely. How Tilikum does this for affordable prices is a mystery but one diners will profit from.Special Features:
- Neighbourhood gem!BajamDined on 7/26/2014OMG! Perfection for a weekend morning brunch- outrageously good food and a homey neighbourhood feel. Made me smile all daySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our absolute favoritespepperDined on 7/25/2014Love everything about Tillicum, ambience, staff and especially the food. It is one of our "go to" spots. Great drinks too, always an interesting seasonal menu. Some really great salads, I had a gulf prawn with avocado cream and pea vines salad, my partner a beautiful heirloom tomatoe salad. I almost always order the chicken because it's just so damn good! We are regulars and have never experienced a disappointing meal, a real gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.