Tiki's Grill & Bar
2570 Kalakaua Avenue
Honolulu, HI 96815Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Tiki's Grill & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tikisgrill.com/
- Phone: 8089238454x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday - Saturday: 10:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Hawaii Regional Cuisine, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Ronnie Nasuti
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Tiki’s offers several different options for off-site catering, just call our Events Coordinator, Michael at 808.923.8454 (Tiki) or send us an Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Entertainment: Live entertainment nightly by established and emerging contemporary Hawaii musicians.
Music starts around sunset and goes until 10pm on weekdays and 11pm on weekends.
A word from Tiki's Grill & Bar
A hip, open-air restaurant with a retro South Pacific design and experience, Tiki's Grill & Bar features a menu highlighting the flavors of the islands as Hawaii Regional Cuisine. The restaurant appeals to residents and visitors alike and draws the late-night crowd with live contemporary Hawaii entertainment every evening. Tiki's Grill & Bar provides a casual American and Pacific-Rim menu with flavors of the islands, using fresh local produce. Tiki’s offers lanai seating with beautiful sunsets over Waikiki and Kuhio Beach. Established in October of 2002 as a family restaurant and bar, Tiki's is located on the second floor in the Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel. Lined with 13-foot tiki torches and topped with a 30-foot, red-glowing volcano, capping the outside bar area. Free Valet Parking.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Tiki's Grill & Bar - Best Restaurants in Honolulu ›
Tiki's Grill & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
157 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (108)scenic view (106)good for groups (56)vibrant bar scene (48)kid-friendly (41)special occasion (38)fit for foodies (31)romantic (30)late-night find (30)hot spot (29)great for lunch (28)neighborhood gem (20)great for brunch (11)notable wine list (4)Show More
- One of our favorite placesOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/31/2014This is our third trip to Waikiki and we will alway hit Tikis'. I think it's the same owner as Dukes because they had an ad for Dukes on the coaster. This place is awesome for great food, drinks and view of Waikiki beach. If you have never been to Waikiki I strongly recommend booking at the Marriott Beach Resort and Tikis' is across the street. This hotel is also one block from Starbucks and walking distance to pretty much everything. On this trip we also found that one of the best sushi restaurants is right here in our hotel, Sensei's. We ate there last night and will be heading back for sure, it was awesome. This review is for Tikis' though, so go there for sure, you will have a wonderful time and great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun energy!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/19/2014The prime rib is 14oz. Of pleasure. Friend had the baby back ribs and eat every bite. The dinning area does not get the trade wind breeze and get warm. Service was great and food arrived at a quality pace. Good stop with a high energy atmosphere.Special Features:
- Pricey; saltyFoodieDined on 8/18/2014Used to come here a lot but the prices are going up, and the portions are going down. My miso fish was a too salty to enjoy the delicacy of the fish.Special Features:
- Nothing Special, Not Too ExpensivehgdinerVIPDined on 8/17/2014In what appears to be a very expensive Waikiki restaurant market, Tiki's is an ok moderately priced, right across from the beach option. Although our server was pleasant and reasonably attentive and there was nothing wrong with our food choices (coconut shrimp, pork strips and ahi poke), it wasn't memorable. We did go home with a souvenir drink glass but the drink itself was low on alcohol and flavor. It's a nice, fun atmosphere and there is live music but don't expect to be blown away by the food.Special Features:
- Exemplary Serviceluv2eatluv2dineDined on 8/15/2014A definite go to place to relax an unwind. Great for families or just a romantic spot for 2, great for special occasions as well as hanging out with some friends. The food is excellent, service is exemplary, and the hospitality is amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lance122Dined on 8/15/2014Love to take our guests to this restaurant, the whole idea of going to this place is an experience in itself. We have taken several guests with us, and all they can say is "wow!"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrating 60!dinetimeDined on 8/14/2014We dined at Tiki's recently to celebrate my husband's 60th birthday. Our daughter had made the booking and arranged a gift certificate from home as a special treat for her Dad. It was no problem to alter our original booking from 2 to 4, and Tiki's were happy to accommodate us half an hour earlier than our booking time on the night. I was advised of the celebration package we could purchase and many of the staff made a fuss of him on his special night. Thanks Tiki's! Deb & John SSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- that one spotlauratravelDined on 8/14/2014The employees here are very friendly and charming. The environment was pretty nice, has outdoor and live music patios. Food was good but expensive so be ready to drop a few extra bills.Special Features:
- This is Waikiki at its best.SleasVIPDined on 8/13/2014Sitting on the veranda drinking the perfect maitai as you watch the surfers wait for their waves. The restaurant has a cheerful crowd and local musicians. What else do you need? This is fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid find!soarfmDined on 8/12/2014Food was very good with exceptional wait staff. Waiter was personable and pleasant and had recommendations from the menu, one that I took and was very pleased with.Special Features:
- Friendly and Relaxed1GourmetCurmudgeonDined on 8/12/2014We stayed at the Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel and Tiki's is on-site. The first time we were there was right after our 10-hour flight, and I'll admit not in the best of moods. However, the service was friendly and the food was decent -- not great cuisine, but better than average food. The other time, we came for a late-night bite and it was the same: friendly service and decent food.Special Features:
- babilleDined on 8/11/2014Best place in town for sunset pictures!!! but sit in the lanai area on the edge. the food is good but the view and the service make it worth while, also many interesting drinks and special keepsake Tiki cups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experienceNadrummerDined on 8/10/2014Everything from start to finish was great! In the notes on the reservation I let them know it was my girlfriends birthday. They made sure We got a patio table with an amazing view of Waikiki beach. The service, food, drinks, and everything else were all incredible. I would definitely come back to tikis and recommend it to others. Also, it's spacious enough for anyone to have an enjoyable experience, no matter what you're dressed for or what kind of experience you are into. You could dress nice, casual, or just sit at the bar for a quick drink and you'd be happy no matter what.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Closed for BusinessNreedincoDined on 8/8/2014It was our anniversary and I put in reservation online to make sure we get a table. We were upset to find that the restaurant was closed, but even more upset that the website did not notify us of the closing!
- Worth a visit.BordenazDined on 8/6/2014After reading some of the reviews on this restaurant we were a little hesitant to visit. Management must have read the reviews and taken action. The service and food were good. A little pricey but it's Waikiki.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very friendlyTiggerDined on 8/6/2014People are all nice and friendly. The table location was good for us.Special Features:
- goodBettyBoopDined on 8/5/2014Restaurant section and bar section is too close and is noisy with poor ambience. Food and service were excellentSpecial Features:
- Good for casual dinner in Hawaii!HirokoDined on 8/3/2014We enjoyed sunset dinner. This restaurant is romantic but ver casual image, maybe suit for family/date/friends etc. We orders coconut juice, can bring coconut cup as present, I loved this service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentAtomdisaster24Dined on 8/3/2014Melvin was a great waiter. All food for a group of nine was absolutely delicious. Everyone in our family enjoyed their meal. That's not easy to do but tikis did it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too Crowded!!!ActivityRickDined on 8/2/2014This place is way too crowded! The staff cannot appropriately seat people. We had a reservation for 4:15p, and arrived promptly, but our table was not ready! After waiting nearly 45 minutes, we were told another party took our table!!! WTF??? We were finally seated and ordered drinks (I was TOTALLY dehydrated) and it took ten minutes for her to bring us our drinks (NOT water, but our alcoholic drinks!) I basically had to beg for water!! This was the first time we went there with a reservation, every other time we have gone there (and there have been plenty) we end up leaving and going elsewhere because it is too crowded and the service is VERY slow!! If you want a good time, there are plenty other places to go for Pupu's and happy hour.Special Features:
- It's WaikikiPepperciniDined on 8/1/2014Good food (just had drinks and pupus) but typical Waikiki expensive prices. We were a large group at 4:30pm before Jack Johnson concert so service was slower than normal. Would have been much better to go as smaller group like one or two couples. View is nice from lanai.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Adequate, Overcrowded, AggravationMakikiLeiDined on 7/31/2014Beware! This place is crowded! (And on a Thurs. night. too.) And thus very difficult to be flexible with the seating. We came to celebrate two birthdays, and hoped we would also be able to see the hula, as well as the view. I knew that there would most likely be 4 of us, but that one or two might stop by, have some pupus/drinks/dessert whatever with us. Well, I reserved a table for 6, and because we didn't have six there to actually seat, we could not get that table (plus it was far back & not great), so they were willing to seat us 2, plus 2 arrived 45 min. later. It was all very disappointing, confusing and uncomfortable, and spilled over into the actual dining experience with everyone who waited on us, including waitress&bartender
- Food ten, service threeseafoodloverVIPDined on 7/25/2014My food was excellent, my service was not. The restaurant/bar (and perhaps my server) was somewhat busy, typical for a friday night, but it took ten minutes to receive the glass of wine I ordered. Water was also not quickly forthcoming. Once my entree had arrived, I had to ask the server for the (complimentary?) rolls. Only after my dishes were cleared were my menus/wine list also removed from my table. On the bright side, my cajun Swordfish was nicely prepared, with brown rice replacing the pasta. Caesar salad volcano was visually appealing, and light (thank you) on the dressing.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/22/2014The food was okay, but very pricy. I ordered seafood and it wasn't great. For being in Hawaii I would expect the fish to taste a little bit more fresh.Special Features:
- Good for kidssunnyDined on 7/21/2014While this restaurant caters for children the food was pretty ordinary. The fish was grossly over cooked and while the flavours were nice everything seemed to have a lot extra fat.Special Features:
- Fantastic DinnerFoodenthusiastVIPDined on 7/21/2014The service (especially Kaitlin) was excellent, thoughtful and attentive to our large party! Everyone was happy with their food selections some were our server recommendations. Everything was delicious and the portions were very large. We especially enjoyed the bacon wrapped scallop appetizer, the Mac nut crusted mahi and the ribs. You really can't go wrong with any of the choices! Reasonably, actually under priced for the quality and portions. Can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun & FriendlyElsac1Dined on 7/18/2014This restaurant was our favorite hang out for our first trip to Waikiki. The food and drinks were good and the patio seating was airy and lovely. The music entertainment was the best. It created a friendly and fun environment. I will definitely be back on my next trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and AtmosphereJoJoDined on 7/17/2014We have eaten here twice on Our recent trip to Hawaii. Food is outstanding and a vibrant atmospehere with plenty of cocktails flowing. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Hawaiian diningKalekoDined on 7/17/2014We ate at Tiki's our last night in Honolulu. We were looking for somewhere special to mark the end of our trip and Tiki's didn't disappoint. The food was delicious, Hawaiian fare. I particularly loved the crab and three cheeses dip. The service was great and we had a beautiful view of Waikiki beach for the sunset. We have two children and the Tiki's children's (Keiki) menu had lots of options for them as well as colouring-in and other activities to help keep them occupied. It was the perfect end to the trip for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Giant hotel restaurant not too bad!PetaInaBoxDined on 7/13/2014Good place solid food, pretty large - seats hundreds of people. Short menu, everything was prepared well if not memorably. Had the pot roast - the puree was excellent. Others had the Prime Rib Tartare (cooked medium well?) and the Beach Boy Seafood Festival thing. Not a festival, more of a house party. Ok. Ok. Ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great againQPRsludgerDined on 7/13/2014We go here every time we visit Waikiki and have never been disappointed, Staff great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Place to Hang OutILoveFoodDined on 7/12/2014A very vibrant restaurant, a little too noisy if you are looking for a place to chat. Servers are all very polite and prompt. Great beach view. Has outdoor and indoor dining, excellent for a fun dinner and decent pricing.Special Features:
- Saturday Night at Tiki'shonestjoeDined on 7/5/2014Had read all the reviews, but none of them truly described Tikis. To be fair we have 13 people for dinner. The location, food & service all missed the mark & when compared to other dining options in Waikiki is not one that I would recommend. Perhaps we just got a bad night, but the prices & the quality of food & service are not commensurate. There is nothing special at all about the food, the cocktails ordered from Margaritas (frozen), Mojitos, Maitais were very average, in fact underwhelming & mostly delivered to the wrong recipient. Tikis is ok for a casual dinner which you pay prices associated with some of the best restaurants on the island.
- Great atmosphere and great foodRobRDined on 7/4/2014We went here to close out our vacation in Oahu. The food was good quality and the portions generous. We couldn't ask for a better view overlooking Waikiki beach. Our server Lui was especially attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedmeng1110pcsDined on 7/3/2014while the view and service was amazing, the food fell short. It was a step aboved the average bar food, but not much more than that. I was really disappointed since i had heard such good things about this restaurant.Special Features:
- Wonderful experience!onejoyDined on 7/3/2014I took my family here for a special night out. Since we had reservations, they sat us at a table closest to the beach with a gorgeous view of the sunset. Their food was absolutely delicious, and our waiter was very personable as well as knowledgeable about the menu. I would definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not just a tourist trapIasoneDined on 7/3/2014I bring visitors and clients here whenever they visit Oahu for the first time. Itʻs conveniently located on Waikiki and the food is always excellent. My favorite thing to do is to order from the pupu menu so everyone shares things tapas style.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!NavywifeDined on 7/1/2014Another wonderful evening at Tiki's. Prime Rib cooked to perfection. Service was wonderful!
- Great PlaceJess4meiiDined on 6/28/2014Loved sitting on patio listening to live music while looking at the ocean.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okNessieVIPDined on 6/28/2014The food was good, the service was not. I understand that it is a busy restaurant that mostly has tourists. There are too many other restaurants to choose from to deal with random service. We will not return.Special Features: