Tiki's Grill & Bar
2570 Kalakaua Avenue
Honolulu, HI 96815Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Tiki's Grill & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tikisgrill.com/
- Phone: (808) 923-8454
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday - Saturday: 10:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Hawaii Regional Cuisine, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Ronnie Nasuti
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Tiki’s offers several different options for off-site catering, just call our Events Coordinator, Michael at 808.923.8454 (Tiki) or send us an Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Entertainment: Live entertainment nightly by established and emerging contemporary Hawaii musicians.
Music starts around sunset and goes until 10pm on weekdays and 11pm on weekends.
A word from Tiki's Grill & Bar
A hip, open-air restaurant with a retro South Pacific design and experience, Tiki's Grill & Bar features a menu highlighting the flavors of the islands as Hawaii Regional Cuisine. The restaurant appeals to residents and visitors alike and draws the late-night crowd with live contemporary Hawaii entertainment every evening. Tiki's Grill & Bar provides a casual American and Pacific-Rim menu with flavors of the islands, using fresh local produce. Tiki’s offers lanai seating with beautiful sunsets over Waikiki and Kuhio Beach. Established in October of 2002 as a family restaurant and bar, Tiki's is located on the second floor in the Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel. Lined with 13-foot tiki torches and topped with a 30-foot, red-glowing volcano, capping the outside bar area. Free Valet Parking.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Tiki's Grill & Bar - Best Restaurants in Honolulu ›
Tiki's Grill & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
130 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
scenic view (89)great for outdoor dining (88)good for groups (51)vibrant bar scene (40)hot spot (36)fit for foodies (30)special occasion (28)kid-friendly (26)neighborhood gem (24)great for lunch (23)romantic (23)late-night find (21)great for brunch (9)notable wine list (9)Show More
- Good Food.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/19/2014Great View. Patio was for bar service only which was lame. Had tasting menu for restaurant week and most of the food was pretty good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, weird seating policySSYAVIPDined on 11/18/2014I really enjoyed the Restaurant Week menu. In the past we've never experienced a problem with seating, but we were directed to table right next to the bar & when we requested to be seated in the dining area, the hostess said she wasn't able to do that without getting permission from a different hostess, who I assumed was her supervisor. We were not interested in the entertainment & the rest of the dining area (outside of the partitioned bar area) was wide open with only two 4tops occupied, so I really didn't understand why our request was denied. There were many servers standing around in the dining area without customers so I also don't feel that lack of staff was the issue. If we return, I will remember to specifically ask for dining room seating, not bar area!
- DisappointingGetinmybellyDined on 11/3/2014Food was average, restaurant ridiculously hot and staff lacked interpersonal skills. Our server was lovely however the other servers were quite rude and dismissive. We sat under a slow fan and when we enquired if it could be set higher we were told that it's broken. No offer to move to another table or real concern that we were literally drenched. It clearly doesn't seem to keep up standards as it runs on its popularity with the tourists. Definitely would not recommend or go back. To be honest, I can't imagine anyone going back.
- All good!RRBobcatDined on 10/31/2014Halloween night so city and restaurant was fired up. Good menu, great food, great drink list, good bands, great service (Lindsay- cute too! Get the $2 dessert - tasty and good finish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good location, good food...georgeDined on 10/31/2014Eclectic menu, decent taste, small portions.... you will need two to three appetizers to eat, or one main and one appetizer.. some dishes are okay, some "try too hard" to be something.... service was fast in the beginning, and then missing at the end.......... everyone seems busy even though they are not busy... nice view, nice sunset, overall worth a visit. -G.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this bar!tikisVIPDined on 10/29/2014I enjoy every visit to Tikis. Staff is great, food is even better and you can't beat the view!Special Features:
- Fun evening out!HappyDinerDined on 10/29/2014We were surprised by this "hotel" restaurant -- great view of the beach, wonderful energetic vibe, super friendly and helpful waitstaff, and surprisingly well-prepared and delicious food. We all loved our dinners -- spicy shrimp, mac nut mahi, baby back ribs, and beach boy (?) seafood combination. Everything was cooked to perfection, including the sides, and servings were very generous. Added bonus was free valet parking. We will definitely be back and highly recommend Tiki's!Special Features:
- LukewarmMissyDined on 10/29/2014Lukewarm (temperature and taste) food. Lukewarm (dark and dated - run down?) decor. Lukewarm (not crowded with no people energy) atmosphere. The one plus was the good service. We went second night of our 10 day trip (business/vacation) thinking we would come back if we liked the place. Never made it back.
- Excellent & Reasonably PricedJohnkmDined on 10/29/2014As we booked early, we were rewarded by getting prime seating overlooking the sea. Excellent food, ambiance and service. Even better, we booked on a Wednesday, where wine is half price, so even better value. We hope to visit again before we leave. Only downside, was being a ‘Cocktail buffs’, we were disappointed with their cocktails, which seemed somewhat short on alcoholic content and not that cheap. We stayed at this hotel 31 years ago and unfortunately Tiki’s didn’t exist then.Special Features:
- Great service and food!kbtroyDined on 10/28/2014Service was excellent! Food was delicious! Perfect for entertaining out of town guests! Thank you for representing Hawai'i dining well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good seafoodPaulKenVIPDined on 10/25/2014Food and service were excellent. Try for a table on the outdoor porch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- can't beat the viewkaimukimomVIPDined on 10/21/2014butterfish is yummy! the desserts also very good!
- CLASSIC WAIKIKIOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/18/2014We came in on rainy Saturday and had a great time! Talked with Chef Ronnie for awhile and than enjoyed a relaxed excellent meal from the Smoked Meat App thru the Grass fed Steak cooked perfectly Too full for desert this time! We love the vanishing old kind Tiki Waikiki Restaurants! Aloha,Geoff & LehuaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/17/2014Limited menu restricted to full dinners only in the section we were seated.
- Perfect Beach-Side DiningTom1224Dined on 10/15/2014Third floor outdoor seating with a direct view of Waikiki Beach. What can be better than that? Great menu selection, very good wine list, daily specials, attentive staff. Delicious meal. Live entertainment.Special Features:
- delicious foodrshorensVIPDined on 10/12/2014My husband had Miso butterfish with brown rice and I had slow cooked pork roast over pumpkin purer with vanilla scented applesauce. Both were from the Specialties menu and they were extremely tasty and more creative than other restaurants we had tried I. Waikiki. We enjoyed the breezes from our table on the veranda with views of beach and palm trees. Highly recommend Tiki'sSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant in OahuMiel0818Dined on 10/11/2014We had visited other dinning location and were satisfied but not like the Tiki's Grilled and Bar. We love this place and if ever in town again this would be place to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingBritfoodieDined on 10/10/2014Can not think of one negative, good was fantastic, service brilliant, location and atmosphere just topped it off. Must go place if your in Waikiki.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible Service - Good FoodbadexperienceDined on 10/9/2014Food was good, but the dining experience was terrible. We had to flag the waiter down for everything. He made excuses for everything instead of making it right. At the end of the meal, we put $100 in cash and a credit card to charge the balance. The waiter ran the entire total on the card. When I called him over and told him that I gave him cash and it wasn't deducted from the charge, he said that someone found $100 on the floor and they put it in the safe. We watched him walk over to a busboy who took the $100 out of his wallet. Seems very deceptive - check your billed amount if you pay with some cash and some credit. We alerted the manager to the issue and got nothing but an apology. Food was good, but not worth the hassle.Special Features:
- Tiki fun!coffeysDined on 10/6/2014We chose this restaurant for the Tiki cocktails and were really impressed with the food! He had a filet and I had the (extra) garlicky shrimp. We loved the coconut shrimp for an appetizer. Nice tip, when you order a cocktail you can get one of their signature tiki glasses for only $5 - we went home with three! We are outside had a great view of the ocean and palm trees, and Connor was a great server..perfect for our last night of vacation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent spotFoodloverSDVIPDined on 10/5/2014Great food, nice view of the beach and good service. Have been here a few times and it's consistentSpecial Features:
- Nice spot in South WaikikiKonagirlDined on 10/4/2014Had dinner here Saturday night. Booked a reservation and table was ready on time. Very nice server, answered questions about the food and how various dished were prepared. The menu is interesting and inspired by many Hawaiian ingredients. I loved the vibe here and the pretty view overlooking the ocean. There was live music so that was a nice touch. Good value for money. Will go back again next time we are in Honolulu.Special Features:
- Just the best!JkonDined on 9/29/2014Absolutely fantastic! Food was so great, view was just beautiful. Service was wonderful. The best meal we ate in Hawaii!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never let's you downThelees1Dined on 9/27/2014Fantastic location especially on the lanai. Best spot to watch the sun set. Great Mai tai. Great service. Fantastic food. Can t fault it. We just keep going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Un edibleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014Food was so bad! Appetizers were sweet and un appetizing! I have never sent anything back ever but I had to send back the butterfish entree. The fish was slimy and super sweet! The brown rice below it was even sweeter! The greens below the rice was sweeter than a spoon full of sugar! It was so bad that I lost my appetite after everything being so sweet! Never again! Roy's is the place for fresh seafood!
- Great menu choices and specialsWaytogobucksDined on 9/24/2014Local Hawaiian specialities done well. Kalua pork was awesome. My Hawaiian spare ribs and grilled shrimp special we're delicious and paired well with a Sonoma cab from the wine list. The view of Waikiki beach at sunset and convenient walking distance from hotels are and added bonus and account for a the pricey entrees, but we'll worth it on vacation. Be sure to enjoy the taro rolls and sweet butter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun TimeRBPBDined on 9/22/2014We made our reservation through OpenTable and asked for a beach view. It said that they are a first come, first serve item, but we took our chance. We were lead to a noisy, high traffic table in the middle, but when we asked they said that if we could wait about 30 minutes we should be able to get an outside table - and it happened. Food was good, bartender was fun while we were waiting, not our choice for a romantic evening, but we had a wonderful time and would return again when back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/20/2014My wife and I both got the ribs. Great taste for the exception that they were totally burnt on the other side of the rack on both of our orders, so had to pick those off and eventually gave up. Staff was polite and helpful. Good beer selection.Special Features:
- Business and fun too!KealaDined on 9/15/2014Good food, lively ambiance with great sunsets. Excellent and attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- View great. Food mediocre.Foodie2VIPDined on 9/15/2014Drinks were good. Especially the shark bait. A little pricey at $20 but the souvenir glass was really nice and I'd recommend it to a friend:) coconut shrimp was delicious. However our entrees were pretty terrible. We ha the mixed plate an the moco loco. Wouldn't recommend either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentManuelVIPDined on 9/13/2014We continue to go to Tiki's as the food and the service is consistently very good to outstanding.Special Features:
- Great timingMmirchichVIPDined on 9/12/2014Loved our dinner at Tiki's grill. The food was great. The staff very friendly and accommodating even for our group of 10. And the view at sunset with the sun going down through the palm trees was incredible. A great experience all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding service!Sandy1gDined on 9/11/2014We were entertaining visitors from Japan and there was a language barrier. We were so fortunate to find that our waiter spoke Japanese fluently! Not only was he informative, but he had a great sense of humor and was a huge help in making our meal a success. We will definitely go there again!Special Features:
- 1944 Mai TaiHawaii50Dined on 9/11/2014Out last night on Ohau and we had dinner here. Service was slow but it was busy but not that busy. Slow getting water and bread. The 1944 Mai Tai was excellent and the Mahi was wonderful. We got the crab dip for a pupu and it was amazing! Give it a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KianiVIPDined on 9/11/2014Service was really good from the beginning to the end. Our host was very nice. The outside view was perfect, too bad it was really hot that day though. Food was good too. I think it's great that host ask if I wanted extra sides to put on my burger because it would of been really plain with out it. Overall, we had a nice lunch. Thank You.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 9/10/2014We eat at Tiki's often and usually have the fish. One of my colleages had the Wed Special Prime Rib and I had the Baby Back Ribs. We both let the water know that the meat was somewhat dry and tough. Our water didn't do anything about it when the bill came. Our third colleage had the fish special and really like it. I was very disappointed that with two out of three meals not so good that the waiter didn't offer to do something as a remedy.Special Features:
- What happened to my birthday📏cherbucksDined on 9/4/2014I made a reservation and they knew it was my birthday. I couldn't believe when the waitress after dinner brought me a brownie the size of a thumbnail.... Come on guys you can do better than that!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great sunset viewNick2Dined on 9/3/2014If you can get a table on the outer balcony, do so. Best to reserve to get a chance at this though. This was my second time a Tiki's and I have largely enjoyed each trip. I really enjoyed my grilled salmon with ginger soy sauce. The restaurant also makes an effort to support local suppliers which is nice to see and reflected in some of the preparations. For desert, the chocolate mocha cake was delish! Service was uneven. For example, my order to the waitress for desert resulted in another staffer coming out very quickly with the dish; however, before I could say anything, the fellow was gone and I was stuck staring at the cake with no fork to eat it! Seems it takes 2 or 3 staff to get anything done there and those handoffs mess them up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine tourist spotCossieguyDined on 9/2/2014Good food,lovely service,bar scene noisy , other side of restaurant a lot quieter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Let down by an old favoriteDennisVIPDined on 9/1/2014We've gone to Tiki's for years, special occasions, with friends, or just good food in a relaxed environment. This was different. The waiter was very bad, rude, unhelpful, disinterested. A guy was going around taking photos of diners and then trying to sell a photo package to you. He was rude, very pushy, and generally made us feel uncomfortable after interrupting our meal. The taro rolls and banana butter are always delicious, and the Kalua pork quesadillas were still great, but the main courses were average at best. My wife's rice was cold. When we informed the waiter he shrugged and said, "What do you want me to do…" The cocktails were awful as well. We told the manager and he was sympathetic, but the experience was already ruined.Special Features: