4 Little Falls Road
Fairfield, NJ 07004Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tierneyscopperhouse.com/
- Phone: 9732276066x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 12:00am;
Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am;
Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Frank DeGruttalo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Handsome private event space is available 7 days a week for parties from 15 to 50 guests and Saturdays & Sundays we have space available for up to 100 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Adam or Keith Tierney 9732276066
- Special Events: Private Party Rooms
A word from Tierney's Copperhouse
Our goal at Tierney’s Copperhouse is to bring you a culinary experience that will engage all of your senses. Our diverse American menu uses fresh, locally sourced organic ingredients whenever possible. Our purveyors are committed to providing the best quality seasonal produce, fish, meats and poultry. We hope you enjoy your time here and look forward to seeing you again!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tierney's Copperhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
25 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (10)fit for foodies (7)romantic (6)good for groups (6)special occasion (5)vibrant bar scene (5)great for lunch (3)great for outdoor dining (2)late-night find (2)hot spot (1)kid-friendly (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- HIDDEN GEMpjpetchDined on 9/13/2014We have been to Tierney's Copperhouse 6-7 times this year. It has become our go to place. We have brought several friends here who have also enjoyed their experience as well. The food is great and we have never experienced a bad meal here. Highly recommended. You will not be disappointed. The scallops and risotto dish should not be missed.Special Features:
- My favorite restaurant!!IlovetoeatDined on 8/1/2014I love everything I ordered. This was my 4th time dinning. And once was for a private party. Each time me and the other patrons enjoyed every part of our meal. The beet salad, scallops w/ mushroom risotto, pot roast nachos and roasted veggie quinoa are my favorites. The portions are generous and priced fairly. The gluten free and vegetarian options makes it the perfect choice for group dinning. The wine selection doesn't disappoint. Top shelf liquor too. If you haven't tried it yet definitely go. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- It was okayEJ345Dined on 7/24/2014Restaurant was okay - service was attentive but food was nothing special. Desserts were only fair - carrot cake was really like spice cake. Menu was a mish mash = heavy on burgers and then heavy on pricey drinks. Nothing really bad but nothing to recommend returning either.
- Will definitely return!!yummyinmytummyVIPDined on 7/6/2014Great service, amazing food. Can't wait to go back!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014Enjoyed leisure dinner with friends last evening. Food was excellent, atmosphere enjoyable. Service was excellent. Fine setting, comfortable, elegant, ample parkingSpecial Features:
- This place is greatNJman66Dined on 6/24/2014The place is a total gem. The food is excellent and the selection of IPAs on draft make beer lovers very happy. I loved everything from the oysters to the pork chop to the vibe to the waitress service... I was also able to eat high quality food while watching the Yankees' game. That's a rare combination.Special Features:
- Good spotWillreturnDined on 6/21/2014Good food, the sushi flatbread is my favorite. Small dinning room be it works . Very cold with the A/C compensating for the patio Door opening all of the time. Give it a try. The bar area is a perfect spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night OutluveatingoutDined on 6/14/2014I have been wanting to try this restaurant and was so happy I selected it to take my husband, father and father-in-law out for dinner. We all had something different and we all cleaned out plates and I am looking forward to going back. The service was pleasant and timely and the atmosphere very comfortable. I would recommend it highly...Special Features:
- Very AccomodatingSinceUaskedDined on 6/13/2014Have been here a few times and they never disappoint. Can be a little expensive, but you're paying for quality and it's well worth the price. Very accommodating in dealing with food allergies. Can't wait for my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lack LustersmartipanzDined on 5/31/2014Great decor but that's where it ends. The food was lack luster to say least, I ordered crab cakes which were nothing special and my husband order some sort of pot roast nacho which was soggy and tasteless. Crowd was older and no vibe to speak of; to be honest I would not even go back for drinks. I will say bartenders and other employees extremely nice and welcoming.
- Good Gluten freeBrianDined on 5/31/2014My wife is gluten and acid free and I can eat most food. This restaurant worked out well for both of us. We both enjoyed the food and the atmosphere and the prices were reasonable.Special Features:
- The following 53 reviews are from the Tierney's Copperhouse reviews archive.
- Poor Service on Mother's DayKrisdall79VIPDined on 5/11/2014My husband ordered a steak medium well, it came out raw.... my husband has NEVER sent food back but couldn't eat itthis way. By the time the 2nd steak came out our table of 11 ppl was finished eating. The 2nd steak came out RARE again. My husband sent it back & declined anything else, the owner apologized & took that off the bill (he didnt eat it so he shouldnt be charged anyway) and took off 2 glasses of house pinot noir. The bill was over $550... you should have done MUCH more. My baby shower was held here here & we've sent friends here too...sadly we will NEVER return... word of mouth can be a blessing or a curse...treat your patrons exceptional each dining experience.
- FishVIPDined on 5/10/2014Food was very good . Service was good. Good drinkSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Multi-faceted restaurantBigBeerDadddyDined on 5/9/2014Great options for different dining experiences. Stepped up restaurant area has a nice decor and feel as the bar area is airy and energetic. Personal party room was happening and vibrant. Outdoor area has great potential(not opened yet)Special Features:
- Very nice night out with my gfJchestDined on 4/25/2014I highly recommend the drink specials. The pizza is great. And the chicken pot pie was very flavorful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingFinedinerDined on 4/19/2014Beautiful restaurant inside. Good appetizers. Terrible entrees. We had burgers, which were just fair. I had a prime rib special which was all fat and over cooked. Chicken pot pie was good.Special Features:
- Great place to trycniemec926Dined on 4/18/2014This restaurant is nearby and has been open for a while so my family wanted to give it a try. The prices are steep but the food and service is very good! I enjoyed my meal and my drink! Will definitely return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SaladJulieODined on 4/4/2014On a Friday night the place was not that filled. But that made the dining room very quiet and comfortable to talk to my friends. The service was great. The 3 of us each got a salad and we split 2 pizzas. The salads are quite big and delicious. Very fresh ingredients. The heirloom tomatoes were outstanding. The veggie pizza and mushroom pizza were both good. But the crusts were a little overdone. It is thin crust pizza so I am sure that is hard to get just right. Still delish and ate every piece. I wish they had a dipping sauce for the crusts. Creme brulee was delish as was the coffee. We had a great time there, not rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have dined at Tierney'sOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/21/2014We have dined at Tierney's several times and have never been disappointed. This time my husband loved the Blue Point Oysters, we shared crab stuffed mushrooms, the crispy topping was perfect. We both ordered the special red snapper with a citrus glaze, excellent. Our waiter recommended a wine that was great. Looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food not up to parkasaVIPDined on 3/11/2014We were pleasantly surprised upon walking in to Tierney's. We sat in the bar area and it had a nice ambience. Our server was prompt and courteous. The food however, was fair. We both had a salad and the greens on both were wilted and soggy. My husband had to send his back to have his shrimp cooked more. In addition, the avocado on my salad was quite brown. Will not return.
- Had 8:30 reservations andFishVIPDined on 3/1/2014Had 8:30 reservations and at 8:45 table still wasn't Ready so we sat the bar and both the food and service Were excellent.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local pubSeidelsprayco1VIPDined on 2/25/2014Nice atmosphere. Good food. The pizza was very good. Lots of flavor. Plenty of cheese.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Been here several times andct24luDined on 2/21/2014Been here several times and the food and service are consistently good. The menu is diverse so it is pleasing to all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First impressionPattenbrittDined on 2/18/2014Our hostess was very rude when we went to sit down we had told her that we had an extra person and we updated the online seating and she made it seem like it was a really big problem and were the only people in the place and she gave a very nasty attitude that an we had a bed first impression that I don't know if we will ever go backSpecial Features:
- Creative Food3DTVDined on 2/15/2014The specials were well thought out. I ordered Forbidden Matrimony which combined red fish, rock shrimp and bacon. It was one of the most interesting combinations I have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If I didn't feel like cookinggreenbean1106VIPDined on 2/15/2014If I didn't feel like cooking and wanted to get some bar food or a salad with some protein (ex: chicken), I'd go back, but I'm not clamoring to return. It was a wholly unremarkable experience.
- A Solid Very Goodphil6184VIPDined on 2/8/2014Can't fault anything really. Reservation honored. Service good. Food, while not very imaginative, was prepared well.Special Features:
- Excellent food & very inviting.SinceUaskedDined on 1/24/2014Have been here a couple of times and it is consistently good. A little pricey, but not ridiculously so. The food is great and always fresh. The service is excellent. Everyone is extremely friendly and welcoming. From the warm welcome when you enter, to the very accommodating server, to the kitchen staff, right up to the good-byes as you leave, every person you come into contact with is pleasant and helpful. Must add that I'm gluten-free and they are always more than willing to work with me and answer all of my questions. My only suggestion would be to add a gluten free baked item as a dessert option, like a GF version of their apple donut.would be amazing!! Bring your wallet, but definitely go enjoy a great dinner at Tierney's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Microwave?Hamburger83VIPDined on 1/23/2014I come through NJ about once per month and often stop at Tierney's Copperhouse. Normally everything is great, but had some bad luck on this visit. I got the ribs. The first bone was piping hot and pretty good. The next few were refrigerator-cold. Unfortunately my waiter never came back to check and I just ended up eating the cold meat. When he finally came around to give me the check, I told him about the cold ribs. "You should have told me" he says. "Sorry".
- Good value for the priceMikesambarDined on 1/17/2014Steakhouses can be pricey but this one is a good fit for a good dinner that doesn't bust the budget. Atmosphere is nice, staff is friendly and the food is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to go backOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 12/31/2013After a great but simple meal here 2 weeks ago (salads and burgers), we went back to try something more challenging and we're glad we did. This time we had scallops with risotto and it was spectacular, one of the best meals I've ever eaten. Tierneys can compete with the best restaurants in the area, regardless of price.Special Features:
- We were a party of 11 anddinnerguy1Dined on 12/31/2013We were a party of 11 and had great service, quiet in a room with 2 other large groups. We liked all the food from appetizers (crab cakes, calamari, nachos with beef, to main courses) All tasty. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:
- Nice menu selection. FoodVegasTripVIPDined on 12/29/2013Nice menu selection. Food was good. Service was excellent. Nice variety of specialty drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot. I would love toDgd224Dined on 12/27/2013Great spot. I would love to see more live music being offered as I did when The Kootz performed in the bar area.Special Features:
- very good but......................jerseygirlVIPDined on 12/27/2013needs to have baked potatoes on the menu. Sweet and white.....Special Features:
- xmas get together with friendssusanDined on 12/22/2013our evening at Tierney's Copperhouse was great! The drinks were good, the food was fantastic and the service was excellent. We wouldn't hesitate to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to go backOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 12/21/2013The other reviews on this restaurant are spot on. Great, informative service by our waitress. Two salads sampled were outstanding, burgers were great. Nice selection of beer. Holiday decorations made the space warm and comfortable.We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experienceLexyVIPDined on 12/20/2013The food is always on point. Atmosphere is perfect up front for a trendy nite out or with a group of friends. Back room is a little more mellow, perfect for a romantic evening or a large group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad we tried it!SantaFeDined on 12/15/2013The waitress was wonderful. She checked on us several times and kept our glasses full. I requested a dish that was not on the dinner menu and she spoke to the chef and was able to fill my request. Everyone from the girl who greeted us at the door to the other wait staff were very friendly. The thin crust pizza was great as were the burgers. I will definitely go back.Special Features:
- ok for a night outTHEDONVIPDined on 11/25/2013food average.. service good... too many things on menu.. place not sure what it wants to be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.