Tien - Traditional Asian Dining
850 Bayview Ave
Biloxi, MS 39530Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $30 and under
Tien - Traditional Asian Dining
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ipbiloxi.com/
- Phone: 2285238688x
- Hours of Operation:
Wednesday and Thursday 5:00pm to 10pm, Friday & Saturday 5:00pm to 11pm.
Closed: Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Korean, Asian
- Executive Chef: Asian Specialty Chef - Teruo Kinoshita
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The private dining room in tien seats up to 24 people and has a window view on the back bay of biloxi.
- Private Party Contact: Corey Boykin 2285238662x
A word from Tien - Traditional Asian Dining
At Tien there is only one rule: Enjoy our Chefs' creations. We pledge to provide the freshest ingredients from all over Asia prepared to the highest standard by our diverse team of Asian Chefs. We encourage sharing plates with your family and friends following the tradition of Asian cultures. Our staff is dedicated to making sure that you have a wonderful dining experience, and we appreciate you choosing to dine with us at tien. Enjoy!!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Tien - Traditional Asian Dining - Best Restaurants in Biloxi ›
Tien - Traditional Asian Dining reviews from OpenTable diners
25 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
romantic (12)special occasion (12)good for groups (10)fit for foodies (9)scenic view (7)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (2)notable wine list (2)kid-friendly (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014My family and I enjoyed our dining experience. The only problem we had was mushrooms asked to be removed and were not and one order was completely wrong and my sister had to wait an extra 10-15 minutes to eat. The flavor was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DISAPPOINTINGOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014Beautiful ambiance. Service was very slow. Soup was cold. Sushi was fresh and tasty. Hibachi meal was okay. Not worth the $165 we paid for five of us.
- Family Night OutOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014I decided to take my family out for dinner. There was 6 of us. We ordered so much food! Our favorites were the rainbow roll, super crunchy roll, and the triple tuna roll. We also ordered the whole duck for all of us to share, along with the galbi, and vegetables. There was a ton of food leftover even after sharing. Everything came out in a timely manner, and our server, Hiep, was amazing! He frequently checked on us, got us everything we needed, and was very helpful with any questions we had about the menu. My family thoroughly enjoyed our dinner here.Special Features:
- Carmen Mcgowan's Birthday DinnerTrytheCrunchyRollDined on 10/4/2014Dining was memorable for my Wife's 70th birthday celebration. We tried the Super Crunchy Roll as an appetizer and could not have been pleased more. My Wife and her Brother (from France for her birthday) tried both of the Chef's Special Suggestions for the evening and were very happy with the results. Charlene, Tien Manager, made a special effort and genuine gesture to make this occasion a special one complete with a gala desert for a finale to a spectacular dining experience. Definitely 5 stars!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went two days in a rowJonesDined on 10/3/2014The food was so good the day that we went, i had to go back the next day. Everything we got was very tasty, in particular I enjoyed the sushi. The waiter and assistant waiter were very knowledgable and helped recommend food based on our preferences. We will defiantly look forward to dining here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOME VARIETY!tonilynDined on 9/20/2014Tien was MUCH better than I remember. We ate there a few years back and enjoyed it but they have stepped up their game. The food was delicious, the service was spectacular, and the prices were very reasonable! We will return!Special Features:
- Excellent Birthday Dinner!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014I brought my GF here for her birthday and she absolutely loved it!! The Lobster Dumplings were her favorite, she couldn't stop talking about them. The atmosphere was nice and relaxing and our server, ( Stephanie ) was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tien was wonderful!FoodieChickDined on 8/30/2014The menu was extensive, offering food choices from the Orient. We ordered appetizers and they arrived promptly. Food arrived hot and plentiful. Portions were HUGE! I would definitely recommend Tien. We will be back. My only negative comment would be to revamp their wine menu. There aren't a lot of reasonably priced wines, Most diners aren't going to pay more for the wine than their food.Special Features:
- Wonderful food and atmospherelovesushi2014Dined on 8/29/2014A friend and I ate here while spending a weekend at the IP. It was so good we went back the next night. We are traditional sushi, so can'tt comment on the other styles of Asian fare. Definitely will go again next time I am at the IP.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BadPostal32927Dined on 8/27/2014What can I say, it was that bad. I'm korea and could not even eat the rice. It is not worth the time or money to go.
- Love this place!!!DecoyVIPDined on 8/22/2014On of my favorite restaurants!! The Pho is the best I have ever had!! Lobster fried rice is delicious!!! I look forward to eating here every time I come to IP!!! Can't wait to go back and try the table that you can cook your own!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tien @ IPJamesDined on 8/22/2014This was my second or third visit to Tien. The service was exceptionally friendly and helpful. The food was flavorful and portions were more than ample. The manager visited with our party to make sure our experience was a good one and offered us dessert recommendations. Another great meal thanks to the staff of Tien.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014Food was good service was wonderful. We will definitely go back. Wish they had more meets to choose from on the bagogi.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reasonable prices good quantityOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014For a restaurant in a casino the food is very reasonably priced. We have been here several times and its always been good food. We especially like the varied Asian cultural dishes to choose from.
- Not as Good as Usual...hartanVIPDined on 8/9/2014This was our 3rd time at Tien and it wasn't as good as before. Menu seems more limited. Atmosphere is nice and quiet and service was quite good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent RestaurantFoodSnob65Dined on 8/8/2014Have been coming to the IP for years. Tien has always provided excellent service and quality food. It is my restaurant of choice on every visit. Have highly recommended it to friends. My friends and family consider me a food snob because although I am not picky about what I eat I am very much so about the quality of food I eat. I really like the new added small plates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014We had a wonderful server Hiep..... He was very knowledgeable, professional and attentive! When we come back I will request him again!Special Features:
- Excellent as usualosalt2Dined on 7/12/2014This restaurant provides an excellent cross section of dishes across the Orient. They deserve credit for authenticity and in most cases can provide those extra touches that some diners need to make their selection memorable. Service is prompt and plesant. Thank you Tien for providing Oriental food lovers a great selection of far eastern culture and taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 226 reviews are from the Tien - Traditional Asian Dining reviews archive.
- Tepanyaki with a viewFamilydinersVIPDined on 6/25/2014The tables were situated so that we had a terrific view of Biloxi's Back Bay - terrific experience! The service was attentive, the food cooked to order and altogether an enjoyable experience. Won't hesitate to return.Special Features:
- Food was great!Beautiful1021Dined on 6/7/2014Everything was great with our visit except we had to sit at the table by the kitchen door. It would have been a perfect visit if we could have been seated somewhere else. What surprises me is that the restaurant was not that busy and we did have reservations. Food was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food and service very goodjoefoodDined on 6/4/2014This is the 3rd time we have eaten at Tien. We have enjoy it all 3 times. Food is very good and service is also above average. We will return the next time we are in Biloxi.Special Features:
- Love this place!Sushilover5Dined on 5/31/2014Love this place! It's great! Amazing sushi and service!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great but SadDocPDined on 5/31/2014All was great except I did not like the attitude of the man who greeted us. Actually, I think he was the manager. I gave him my confirmation which I had printed from on line and he rudely said here you can keep that. I don't want it. It was for his use, not mine. He was really rude, Not a good evening, Nothing. He just kind of stuck his nose up at us. It was as though we were bothering him. I then explained that we would have another person joining us and it would be three, not two. He did not respond. He did not acknowledge my statement. This guy belongs in the back of the house not where he meets people. A young lady than said right this way and lead us to our table. Everything else was just great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TEINmandjDined on 5/24/2014This is one of those dining gems that you will want to return to frequently. It is moderately priced and has an exciting menu with great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDING HIBACHIDiningGreatly1421Dined on 5/24/2014Went with another couple and we had a great time overlooking the Back Bay of Biloxi. The service and accomodations of the staff were supurb. The food was excellent and prepared exactly to everyone's taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/11/2014Such amazing service !!!!! Great Mother's Day dinner !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambiancerosieDined on 5/9/2014The sushi was perfect, the service was exceptional and just as important; the music was at a perfect sound level to enjoy a conversation. Many restaurants ruin the dining experience with loud, obtrusive "music". Thank you for a great evening.Special Features:
- Late night dateFoodloverDined on 5/8/2014Our meal was really tasty. Definitely one entree was big enough to share between two people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food at good pricesSlotlovingcoupleDined on 4/26/2014We were impressed with the quality of the food. Best Asian food we've had. We were also impressed that it didn't cost an arm and a leg to eat here. We left completely stuffed as the portions were larger than expected. We will return next time were at IP.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- California rollOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/12/2014Food was good, except for the rolls we ordered. They were rolled so loosely, that mostly all of the interior of the roll fell out as we picked them up to eat. I surely expected better food quality, especially since each roll we ordered were 16.00 each. Come on Tien, you can do better than that!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent DinnerPColaLouVIPDined on 3/15/2014We were staying in the IP and decided to check out the in house restaurants. This ended up being a very good choice for us, as dinner at Tien was very good. Our appetizer was the crab ragoon, which tasted very good, especially with their sweet chili sauce. We ended up getting the Korean ribs and general's chicken. Both were of exceptional quality and tasted amazing. My only concern is that we may not be happy with the quality of our local corner Asian restaurant anymore. Would highly recommend and will be returning the next time I'm in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Third VisitErnieKDined on 3/7/2014We've eaten at Tien three times in the last year (about 40 min from our house) and thoroughly enjoyed each visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentTerryVIPDined on 3/1/2014My wife and I had dined here once before and this visit was just as good. I'm reluctant to hand out "Outstanding" ratings too easily, so don't think less of this restaurant. The service was great as well as the food. I like the atmosphere; it sort of feels like fine dining but the prices are very reasonable. FYI...they do offer a 20% military discount if you ask. Overall, we were very happy with our evening here and looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- date nightannluDined on 2/22/2014I was a tad bit disappointed this time around. it took a very long time to get our cocktails. I did not care for the size and shape of the plate that came with the sweet and sour pork there was no room for the fried rice to be mixed in the dish. They were busy but not that busy. The food was excellent as usual and we will definitely go back as we always doSpecial Features:
- Always delicious!!!kmrnDined on 2/22/2014This is one of my favorite restaurants. If only you didn't have to go through the smoky casino to get to it. We had a party of 12. The food and service was excellent!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointing!RlasDined on 2/14/2014I brought my wife here for valentines day. Yes the restaurant was beautiful, but the food overpowered the atmosphere with its rather rude waitress and less than desireable food. I am still astonished of a four star restaurant could ruin salad. The steak was good however, my wife's order was mixed up with mine. Then dessert came, not the dessert we ordered, but instead one that the waitress took liberty upon herself choosing for us when they ran out of the one we ordered. Very disappointed, and will not be returning.
- Not so great Valentine's dinnerAshWhite0519Dined on 2/14/2014We booked Tien for Valentine's Day . Upon reading the reviews, I was kind of excited about eating there. We were not in the mood for the traditional Asian cuisine, so we opted for the Valentine's special. Really good food, but not worth the $60 each with wine pairing. There were plenty of tables available which is what made our table service very disappointing. There was one staff member whose only job was to make sure the tables had water and drinks refilled. We were in the restaurant for 2 hours and he only came to the table twice to refill our glasses. Others had to ask for refills. Had to send my filet back cause ordered med, came well done. Even though cheesecake was on the menu, they ran out and offered us ice cream instead.
- Wonderful evening...Great food !!!!HappyDined on 2/7/2014My Husband and I are "Seniors"...and world travelers...lived in Japan 3 years ...love and eat on a regular bases all Oriental cuisines......" The last time I had such good duck was in London...in China town.......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious!happycamperDined on 12/31/2013Great restaurant; artfully prepared dishes. The Tuna Tower and Peking Duck were outstanding! Don't hesitate..delicious experience. Open only at night...but not all nights---check before you go! Wish it was open more!Special Features:
- good stuffpacopacoDined on 12/29/2013best asian cuisine on the gulf coast. great sushi rolls! Get the super crunchy roll. simply amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.