Tien - Teppanyaki / Shabu Shabu
850 Bayview Ave
Biloxi, MS 39530Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $30 and under
Tien - Teppanyaki / Shabu Shabu
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ipbiloxi.com/
- Phone: 2285238688x
- Hours of Operation:
Wednesday and Thursday 5:00pm to 10pm, Friday and Saturday 5:00pm to 11pm.
Closed: Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Korean, Japanese, Asian
- Executive Chef: Asian Specialty Chef - Teruo Kinoshita
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The private dining area in tien overlooks the back bay of Biloxi.
- Private Party Contact: Corey Boykin 2285238688x
- Special Events: The teppanyaki table seats up to eight (8) people; however, it only takes two (2) per reservation. If more than two (2) is needed, please make several reservations for that time until you reach your final total. It will accept if space is available.
A word from Tien - Teppanyaki / Shabu Shabu
At Tien there is only one rule: Enjoy our Chefs' creations. We pledge to provide the freshest ingredients from all over Asia prepared to the highest standard by our diverse team of Asian Chefs. We encourage sharing plates with your family and friends following the tradition of Asian cultures. Our staff is dedicated to making sure that you have a wonderful dining experience, and we appreciate you choosing to dine with us at tien. Enjoy!!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tien - Teppanyaki / Shabu Shabu reviews from OpenTable diners
11 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (9)special occasion (8)fit for foodies (7)good for groups (5)romantic (4)notable wine list (3)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (1)neighborhood gem (1)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Delicious!JaniceDined on 9/20/2014Had a wonderful time. Salena was our server again. She is awesome, and so much fun to interact with. We will miss her once her baby arrives. The lobster tails were huge, and yummy. Thank you again. We will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazingnika2120Dined on 9/12/2014Went here thinking it will be like other Hibachi restaurants and I was wrong. This food was amazing, the staff and cooks were amazing as well. Even my young children loved the food. Tien is my new favorite spot!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT!TexbarbaraDined on 8/29/2014Love going to Tien. The show is wonderful. The food is amazing. The service is spectacular!Special Features:
- Fantastic MealJaniceDined on 8/23/2014This was not our first time at Tien, but it was our first time to experience their Teppanyaki. The portions were large, and we had more food than we could finish. We had a beautiful view of the back bay, and a fantastic server. We definitely plan to do it again in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkExpensiveDined on 8/16/2014We had dinner with friends before a show at the IP. I order the Jumbo Black Shrimp and my husband order steak and shrimp. The shrimp were the same, nothing special or jumbo about them. My husband's steak was ok , not very good quality of meat. Second time we have eaten there and don't think it's worth the money. Very expensive for what you get. Wouldn't recommendSpecial Features:
- VERY ENJOYABLEBeauDined on 7/12/2014SUPERB DINING AND VERY NICE STAFF. I HAVE EATEN THERE ON NUMEROUS OCCASIONS AND HAVE NEVER BEEN DISAPPOINTED. WILL DEFINTELY GO BACK AGAIN.Special Features:
- Ambiance is wonderful.UmamiLotusDined on 7/10/2014Tien's teppanyaki tables has one of the best views of Biloxi's bay. I highly recommend booking the flat grills around 5pm or 9pm for the best service and the best view! The earlier or later the better. Expect lessened service on show night weekends; that's a given for the most part. If the service isn't up to par, the food definitely compensates. Teppanyaki Chef Kevin V. would be my ultimate recommendation for teppan/hibachi.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014LOVED IT! The food was wonderful and the service was great. Can't wait to go again.Special Features:
- OkOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/28/2014Good food but a bit pricey. Service was great. Rolls were ok but hibachi was very yummy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 47 reviews are from the Tien - Teppanyaki / Shabu Shabu reviews archive.
- Great night!JodieDined on 5/9/2014Johnny cooked the best meal for us! It was just my wife and I at the grill and he entertained, carried on conversation, and cooked us the best meal! The filet would melt in your mouth! Looking forward to next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissapointedHappyDined on 5/9/2014Daughter from AK was with us...specifically for Shabu-Shabu...which you offer on the internet..& outside restaurant....BUT DO NOT SERVE!!!!Special Features:
- Fantastic Meal and Experienceg4andmeDined on 4/26/2014Brought my husband here for his birthday and had a new female hibachi chef who was still learning and did her best and was in great spirits! She did a great job and we really enjoyed ourselves the food was wonderful!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service and Nice ExperienceallieDined on 3/21/2014We had a wonderful evening. It was my boyfriend's 25 birthday so we tried the Teppanyaki / Shabu Shabu service. I wished we had had a more secluded experience, but we had a blast regardless. Our chef was Johnny, he was very friendly and inviting so he kept us entertained the entire dinner service. We've loved Tien since the first time we went; so we will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful private dining experienceg4andmeDined on 1/1/2014I took my son for his 12th Birthday because he loves Hibachi and the service and chef was so interactive and personal! Amazing experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tien Is In.ScratchDined on 9/20/2013Have eaten here many times in the past. It only keeps getting better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in the SouthLuvgoodfood2Dined on 8/31/2013Tien is an excellent dining experience for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesometodyraeDined on 7/25/2013love, love, love my favorite restaurant, hibachi is the best, crab delight sushi is awesome, cook was fabulous, waiter/server was the best, would like to eat here every time I visit five stars*****Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Asian Food Yet!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/8/2013We eat Asian food frequently. This was by far the most favorable and exciting eating experience. Great staff ! Great food !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatMrshorner10Dined on 5/10/2013This was my second time eating here answer both times were awesome!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We made the mistake and hadOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/23/2013We made the mistake and had one more person than the orginal reservation (five instead of four ). Even with an early reservation and only nine other people in the whole place, they refused to allow us to have the hibachi where our reservation was for and put us at a table directly in front of kitchen door. Poor service after being seated.
- We love Tien for the food,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/26/2012We love Tien for the food, the staff, and the ambiance. Always a great experience!
- Was not what we expected butOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/13/2012Was not what we expected but was a great experience. This is not the seated part of restaurant but the hibachi section which overlooks the water. Food was beautifully presented and tasted even better. Cooked exactly like we requested. Will be returning. Great ambiance from time you enter.. look forward to turn traditional tien experience as well.
- Tien made our wedding nightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/29/2012We came to Tien on our wedding night after making reservations in advance. It was one of the best dining experiences we have ever had!! Service atmosphere, the Food, and staff were all amazing!! When we were seated and opened our menus they had placed wonderful congratulation letters in there for us, thank you Tien for making our wedding night memorable, we will be back!!!!Special Features:
- Had a great time - reallyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/27/2012Had a great time - really enjoyed the show the chef put on. The lychee mojito was excellent, not overly sweet. Would recommend.Special Features:
- Overpriced mediocrityOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/21/2012Tien's Teppanyaki was okay, but a bit disappointing. We had a good time, but I think it was more because we were siting with a fun group than because of anything the restaurant did. The food was all satisfactory, but none of it was very flavorful. The food itself must have been very bland, and the seasoning uninspired. The chef at our hibachi spent very little time engaging with or entertaining the diners. He had impressive trick skills and could have made the evening much more personal and fun had he interacted more. Neither the food quality nor the entertainment value justify the high prices.Special Features:
- Enjoy my experience at Tien!!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/21/2011Enjoy my experience at Tien!! Always good food, atmosphere, and service. Added 3 more guests to my party and they were more than willing to accomodate. Special Thanks to the hostess!!!Special Features:
- The Shabu Shabu dining styleOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/11/2011The Shabu Shabu dining style is fun, however we would have enjoyed it more had the pot been closer to us physically. You had to get up whenever you wanted a helping. I don't think we added enough seasoning to the dishes, however it was not adequately explain to us what to do... Not sure I would do that again, but I am not unhappy that I tried it. Anything once, right?Special Features:
- The experience was more thanOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/15/2011The experience was more than I could ever expect, from the ambiance to the service; everything was fabulous!Special Features:
- This was my second visit toBeanDined on 7/9/2011This was my second visit to Tien. As with the first, I throughly enjoyed the meal (Calamari and Shrimp/Vegetables). My husband, on the other hand was so-so about his meal. Was not really thrilled with the Galbi.Special Features:
- You don't usually think ofVegasTreckerVIPDined on 7/6/2011You don't usually think of outstanding Asian Food in Biloxi, but there was this gem. I liked the fact that it incorporated not only Chinese but also the best of Japanese, Vietnam and others. The sushi and lobster pot stickers were wonderful. I didn't rate it higher because they were out of the duck. Nice ambiance.Special Features:
- Restaurant calls to see ifOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/1/2011Restaurant calls to see if you want to sit by tepanyaki (where chef cooks in front of you) or shabu shabu side (for hot pot or Korean BBQ or a la carte). Nice atmosphere. Appetizer sizes are small for the price, but flavor is spot on.Special Features:
- Teppanyaki was good, the chefOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/19/2011Teppanyaki was good, the chef had a different spin on his "flair" than that we have seen previously. My fiance had the waygu and lobster combo and was disappointed with the cut of beef he received, but loved the lobster. I had the seafood combo and everything was well cooked, not overdone like most hibachi experiences. The sushi was great! The scallop sushi was excellent, and the lobster roll was a big hit. I would stay away from the king crab sushi, but that was our only miss from the menu. The service was good, our server was very friendly, and was happy to make suggestions for food and sake selections. Dessert is worth saving room for...we definitely didn't but couldn't help ordering one to share anyway! The casino didnt bother usSpecial Features:
- Great view of the bay; niceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/2/2011Great view of the bay; nice ambience; great for groups.Special Features:
- The food was excellent, andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/19/2011The food was excellent, and we had a great experience!Special Features:
- Outstanding dining experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/7/2010Outstanding dining experience. Chef prepared an off menu request beyond expectations! Ordered a seaweed salad which was wonderful which came with 3 additional small salads, all wonderful. The service was the best I have experienced. I have dined in some of the finest resturants all over the world and this experience rates as one of the best.
- This is my third time diningOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/17/2010This is my third time dining there. Each time the restaurant has been consistent with great service and food preparation. The last two times I dined there, we were with small groups of 3-6 people and made reservations for Teppanyaki. Each time the food was great and the chef was wonderful. The servers are always friendly and conversant which also makes things better. This is a great place to dine at for something different than your typical American food found around every corner.Special Features:
- Always a pleasure. Our waiterOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/3/2010Always a pleasure. Our waiter Shawn is noteworthy and added to our enjoyment.Special Features:
- Only problem is that evenOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 2/13/2010Only problem is that even though it is a non smoking restaurant, smoke from the casino is strong in the restaurant. Beware!
- Some of the friendliest serversOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/10/2010Some of the friendliest servers we've ever met!! Even threw in a free birthday desert when they found out it was her birthday! Food was good and cooking our own soup (Shabu Shabu) was a new experience.Special Features:
- We sat at the table whereOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/25/2009We sat at the table where the chef prepares the meal in front of you. The food was no better than other Japanese steak houses, but the price was much more expensive.