Tidewater Grill - Charleston
1060 Charleston Town Center
Charleston, WV 25389Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Tidewater Grill - Charleston
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tidewatergrillrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (304) 345-2622
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Tidewater Grill - Charleston
Tidewater Grill continues to be Charleston’s all time favorite dining and gathering restaurant. Located in Charleston’s bustling downtown shopping venue, Tidewater Grill has wowed guests for over twenty years with a emphasis on serving premium seafood served simply! This all scratch kitchen continues the tradition of fresh catch of the day, home made pasta dishes, fresh raw bar delicacies as well as other favorites such as the Greek Salad, our signature bread, sandwiches and salads. click here for special events and promotions informationContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Tidewater Grill - Charleston - Best Restaurants in Charleston ›
Tidewater Grill - Charleston reviews from OpenTable diners
8 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (5)special occasion (4)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (2)notable wine list (2)great for outdoor dining (1)fit for foodies (1)hot spot (1)late-night find (1)neighborhood gem (1)romantic (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/17/2014We had a good meal but had a two of us had to change our orders because our initial order was unavailable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE ITOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/18/2014Tidewater Grill is becoming a Charleston Staple! The food, service and atmosphere are always outstanding. We highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the moneyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014Tidewater has become very upscale with a very pricey menu and the food is just not creative or good enough to justify it. The Greek Salads which we have always loved now must be paid for separately which makes the average meal well over $30. Plus it's a very noisy restaurant..not for romantic dinners. Food just OK, not great.Special Features:
- Happy Anniversary!EerpopDined on 8/3/2014We arrived just before our 6:30 p.m. reservation. Our hostess lead us to our table. Unforturnately, their was an unknown woman seated at the table. We were lead to a table near the bar area. The waitress arrived and I asked for 1 children's menu as she took our drink orders. She eventually returned with our drinks, but absent the childrens menu. After she retrieved a childeren's menu we ordered. Bread was delivered later absent bread plates. Appetizers and salad were delivered. 30-45 minutes later the waitress informed us there were no baked potatoes so we had to substitute another item. Good food, but the entire process was lacking in consistent, attentive and speedy service as it was a two hour ordeal. Thank goodness for wine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 95 reviews are from the Tidewater Grill - Charleston reviews archive.
- Special Birthday Dinnermarie6Dined on 7/11/2014I would like to thank Tidewater Grill for a very nice evening. We were celebrating a birthday & I was hoping it would be a great time, which it turned out to be with the help of the very friendly and capable staff, delicious food and all around atmosphere that is provided at Tidewater. The manager on duty also went out of his way to be extremely accommodating, which was very much appreciated.Special Features:
- Special Eveningirish15pilotDined on 6/30/2014Again, we arrived at our reservation time with our party. Josh was waiting for us. This was the 1st time for our guests. They were impressed with the restaurant and the menu. After dinner, they were really impressed with the entire meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TippyTippyDined on 6/15/2014Nice restaurant! One of my favorites especially when I have out of town guests. The seafood is fresh and well prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- elton john concert nightMIXNMATCHDined on 6/11/2014We made reservation for Elton John evening and was given the table for 6 promptly despite others having to wait 30 minutes or more. That was the reason for a better rating for service. It was the busiest night for Charleston dining so many things that happened at our table was predictable such as slow service, every wine label picked was gone, running out of wine glasses ,an hour to get our food, mixed up bill etc. However the salad portion was large, the beard was warm and all our seafood dishes were good. I had the grilled Carolina trout which was crispy on the outside and still moist on the inside. The vegetable portion was also big. The night was chaotic for all eateried in Charleston so the rating for service may be a bit harsh.Special Features:
- PGHDeeDined on 5/16/2014Service was spotty; decent food was kinda tossed at us.Special Features:
- Fair DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/12/2014We had a group of 15 people at two tables. The overall experience was good. The waiters were generally attentive although drink refills were not very prompt. The food was good. I don't think the quality or amount of food is commensurate with the prices. I have had many pasta dishes with a side salad for less than $20. The menu is pricey overall.
- Must have been an off nightvaleriegDined on 5/2/2014We were celebrating a college graduation. We had been here before a couple of times and was always great. Not please with the waiter-too loud, fast talker and didn't get orders right. The manager stepped in after a few inquiries about the length of time that the meals were taking. He was great! Sorry I didn't get his name. We were there for about two and 1/2 hours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business DinnerCharleston61Dined on 4/9/2014Excellent restaurant. Consistently one of the best in Charleston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HonestVerythankfulDined on 3/20/2014Food always excellent. Service could have been a much better experience -- a smile goes a long way and pleasant attitude would b a bonus with this lady!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerTateDined on 2/18/2014Dinner was excellent. Ambiance was not good. We sat by a booth by the kitchen & the wait staff were so loud when back there hanging out & the other noise from the kitchen I could barely hear the person talking next to me at out table. It was disruptive and I'm not sure I would want to dine here with a work group dinner interview again. If I did I would ask to sit far from the kitchen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to dine, excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Great place to dine, excellent service and delicious food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's Day eveningirish15pilotDined on 2/14/2014We arrived early and were promptly seated. Our waiter, Josh who we have had before was waiting for us. He took care of our every need without being searched for. The food was excellent. The evening was a success.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/5/2014I took my partner to Tidewater for her birthday and met friends there. Our experience was excellent from the beginning. We had originally made reservations for 7 but ended up with 6 - we were able to modify our seating quickly. Our server, Maryanne, did an excellent job attending to us - I never had to pour a glass of wine as she was there to keep my glass full. Dinner was served promptly and was absolutely delicious. The hot food was hot and the cold food cold. Portions were reasonable. My partner had a generous portioned piece of cheesecake that was delectable that was shared by all. We ended the evening at the bar for a couple more drinks and to catch the end of a basketball game. It was a wonderful evening we all thoroughly enjoyed!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood was great. servicekelliDined on 2/3/2014Seafood was great. service was very good and friendly. Nice selection of pasta, seafood and steaks. Gem of a place inside a mall. Very impressedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not sure if I will returnOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/1/2014We went there to celebrate my daughters birthday and it was a very disappointed. After waiting an hour for our food it had obviously been under a heat lamp for a long time. My husbands meat was fried out. One child's burger the cheese was so hard you could pick it up. The pasta was like rubber. We couldn't eat it and still had to pay for this terrible experience.Special Features:
- so soSRDuncanVIPDined on 12/28/2013I have dined as Tidewater Charleston on several occasions over the past few years. The quality of the food and attention to detail in presentation seems to have declined over the years. For instance, the garlic rolls were not browned and were even a bit squished. I had a Greek salad with salmon, it was good, but nothing special. While everyone in our party said their food was good, no one was overwhelmingly excited. Also, we were seated in the back near the kitchen, it was very noisy, somewhat distracting and at one point a very loud, vibrating machine was turned on which made the situation worse. The next time I am in Charleston, I will look harder for an alternative to Tidewater.
- Great food and usually greatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/21/2013Great food and usually great service. We got a new waitress and she was having hard time with our larger party. She ended on an OK note after spilling a lot of food and drinks. A lot of the good came out cold but they fixed it right away. We will be back I'm sure but not with a party of more than four.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Christmas Party with friendsErinshayDined on 12/14/2013We had a lovely lunch with girlfriends, the waiter was patient with our talking and laughing together, our liesurely lunch and the food was divine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had an amazing time celebratingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/30/2013Had an amazing time celebrating my wife's birthday. Food was excellent. Waitress was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always DeliversGAFoodieDined on 11/9/2013I have been eating here every time I visit Charleston over many years, and Tidewater never disappoints. Their Greek salad is a must, and their fresh catch fish selections are always very good. The quality of their food has been consistent all along and I will return on my next trip back to Charleston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We spent 2.5 hours in thisJeffDined on 9/19/2013We spent 2.5 hours in this restarant. The service was poor, the food was excellent.
- BirthdayAmyrnDined on 9/1/2013Had a great day at Tidewater for my sister's birthday. Food was great as usual, as was service. My dinner was even served late, so they gave us a complimentary dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and atmospherelseaDined on 8/3/2013I was impressed with the quality of the food and the abundance of choices. The meals are a bit pricey, but worth every penny. The service was excellent and the menus, wine list, etc., are on iPads/tablet. Not only can you read about what comes with the dish, you can see a picture. Awesome use of technology!! We were celebrating a birthday and an anniversary. We mentioned the birthday and received a discount of $36 on our meal - AMAZING!!! I highly recommend this restaurant. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sometimes Tidewater can beVennieDined on 6/30/2013Sometimes Tidewater can be a little noisey inside so we were able to dine outdoors - everything was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!!!Smsmith01Dined on 5/20/2013Great food, great atmosphere!! Take my mom there for her birthday every yearSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place!AnnieDined on 5/14/2013It was my first time and I absolutely loved everything they had to offer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatFarloDined on 5/12/2013My family visited Tidewater for Mothers Day. It was a great experience. The food and service were outstanding. They have a kid friendly atmosphere and menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never Disappoints.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/4/2013Tidewater consistently offers outstanding dinner options. It's hard to deviate from my personal menu favorites, but I occasionally make a point to and I am yet to order something I haven't liked. The most recent visit was a birthday dinner with my family. The service started out spectacularly, but became sluggish as the evening continued. I suppose it was nearing the end of his shift and he was trying to complete prep work, but our server disappeared for extended periods of time as we were ready to call for the check. Another server even stopped by to check on us. Overall, though, the experience was great, and a slightly off-night on a pretty busy evening will certainly not hinder my decision to go again as soon as the opportunity arises.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service were excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/3/2013Food and service were excellent. We were there for a birthday party and a percentage is taken off depending on the amount of people. They also serve a free desert large enough to share for the birthday person.Special Features:
- Valentine's WeekendOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2013They ran out of the Valentine Special Prime Rib which was very dissapointing for me and my wife.
- Very happy to have selectedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013Very happy to have selected Tidewater for Valentine's Day. Online reservation process was easy.
- Tidewater is great for thoseOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/29/2013Tidewater is great for those traveling for business & taking clients to dinner. It is located in the mall and accross the street from two large hotels. It is a high energy place with great food.Special Features:
- Very dissatified and upsetOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/26/2013I an vert upset with the service that I received at Tidewater. I had reservations for 7:00pm as I had a formal dance to go to with my date. THe dance was scheduled for 8:00pm so with the reservations being at 7:00 pm, I made sure I had enough time to get to the dance. I was seated timely; however I did not receive my meal until 2 hours later. We only had 4 at our table. The menu consists of 2 salads, 1 chicken sandwhich and 1 coconut shrimp meal. Why would it take 2 hrs to receive this type of menu? We watched as others got their meal way before we did. We were over and hour late getting to our HighSchool dance. Also, the total bill for me: Salad, Shrimp & drinks was $45.00. I feel this was ridiculous based on what I went through to get it.
- Give your review a title (optional)OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/19/2013The food was good, not great. Of four seafood items ordered, two were overcooked and dry. The service was timely and friendly. The wine list is not extensive, but above average. There are no vegetarian entrees. The desserts were very good, but the key lime pie was basically off the back of the Nellie's and Joe's bottle. This is essentially the only meaningful seafood restaurant in Charleston, West Virginia. With virtually no competition, the restaurant doesn't have to be great to survive, and it shows.
- I was very excited to visitOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/12/2013I was very excited to visit the Tidewater Grill for my boyfriends birthday. He had heard this was a great restaurant from some co-workers. We traveled from Indiana to West Virginia, a 4 hour trip, just to eat here. I booked our table a day ahead for a party of 5. I requested a special request for a piece cake, pie, or something for his birthday. When we arrived at the restaurant the host was nice and polite. I reminded him before sitting and he told me not to worry that he got the message and this would be no problem. The waiter was good, but smelled of cigarettes. I was anxiously waiting for them to sing and serve him his cake, pie, or something. WE NEVER HEARD ANYTHING ABOUT THE REQUEST. I was handed the bill and that was it.
- Bussiness Luncheon.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/27/2012It was an overall great experience. This was a business luncheon.Special Features: