Tidepools - Grand Hyatt Kauai
1571 Poipu Rd.
Poipu, HI 96756Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Tidepools - Grand Hyatt Kauai
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.grandhyattkauai.com/
- Phone: 8082406456x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Nightly: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Jayson Thompson
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Tidepools - Grand Hyatt Kauai
For the ultimate in ambiance, delectable food and stellar service, Tidepools is the place. This quintessential Hawaiian setting has a backdrop of waterfalls with thatched roof bungalows that seemingly float above tropical lagoons. Savor contemporary Hawaiian style cuisine in this distinctive open-air setting. Diners rave about the exceptional service and fresh fish and steak options with a unique island flair including macadamia nut crusted mahimahi, grilled opah or a succulent steak. Salads feature fresh island-greens and the desserts are luscious. Don't miss this delightful experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Tidepools - Grand Hyatt Kauai - Best Restaurants in Poipu ›
Tidepools - Grand Hyatt Kauai reviews from OpenTable diners
201 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
romantic (152)special occasion (139)scenic view (123)great for outdoor dining (120)fit for foodies (79)notable wine list (25)neighborhood gem (23)good for groups (21)hot spot (20)kid-friendly (17)late-night find (6)great for brunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Best dinner on the islandOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014This was a great find for the last day of our Honeymoon stay on Kaua'i. Beautiful setting, outstanding service, our waiter was knowledgeable and helpful with food questions. When we return from NY we will definitely be returning to Tidepools!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdayBobby1960Dined on 10/21/2014Great atmosphere with average food. My steak was over salted, my wife's mahi was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last night in KauaiWS101Dined on 10/17/2014Marvelous attraction to visit. Pricey but you get what you pay for. Wonderful menu options and food was delicious!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tidepools was Amazing once again644SteveVIPDined on 10/16/2014The tidepools setting is amazing in the lagoons at the Hyatt just off the ocean. The decor is elegant Hawaiian. The food was amazing. We had the ahi-hamachi poke appetizer which was plentiful and wonderful. We each had the ahi entree...served rare it was among the best we have ever had.Special Features:
- Great experienceMarkMDined on 10/15/2014Great food, great service, great atmosphere. The fish dishes were very well prepared, and all the side dishes were perfectly paired.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/13/2014The scenic view was fabulous. The food was not great. Skip the restaurant and go to the Beach House instead.Special Features:
- Loved itOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014The food and service were amazing, expensive, but worth it. It was the best meal (of high end restaurants) that we had the entire trip.Special Features:
- Our favorite!DinerDined on 10/11/2014We love this restaurant; amazing ambiance, wonderful food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Done in the LagoonDisappointedDined on 10/11/2014Our party consisted of three couples. We were given the best table in the restaurant. It was an isolated table surrounded by a lagoon on three sides, a perfect setting apart from the other guests. The mango salad was a real treat. The diver scallop and steak special was delicious as was the ahi tuna. Chocolate lovers should save room for the lava cake or the crunch. A unique experience enjoyed by all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- expensive but worth it..jayheilDined on 10/10/2014This place is definitely for honeymoons and anniversarys etc. Great atmosphere, very open and not congested even when busy. A must experience on the island.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LizzieB14VIPDined on 10/9/2014Were staying at the hotel and decided to stop in for dinner one night. Food is what you would expect for resort food, overpriced and nothing special, but the ambience was fantastic. Made for a very enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- elegant tranquilityOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/8/2014Tidepools is really not an accurate name for this restaurant. To me it is more like eating in a private above the water hut in Bora Bora. Koi swim in the lagoon next to and under you and the setting is quite peaceful. Several varieties of fish are offered, but they tend to run along the ono, opah, ahi line which most Hawaiian places feature. Our dinners were done delicately and again a ceviche starter was tangy and adequately spicy. Tidepools is a good spot for a pleasant, quiet dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpeechlessSamantha0409Dined on 10/8/2014Best meal of my life. Everything was perfect from the beautiful scenery, to the waiter, the food and ambience. Amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryGinnyDined on 10/7/2014My husband and I loved the restaurant and the food was wonderful. The only thing that disappointed us was that we weren't sitted near the window for an outside experience...four women were and I thought that was unfair.Special Features:
- Just AmazingmikeymVIPDined on 10/4/2014We had the Hawaiian Catch and Crusted Steak, both were perfection. Atmosphere couldn't be beat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Hotel Food but OverpricedFriendlyVIPDined on 10/4/2014Great Hotel Food but Overpriced by $10 per Entree. Ate here our first night on the Island.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014Food was very good. It was quite hot which took away from the ambiance, our waiter Les was the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special occassion dinnerjessluvsfoodDined on 10/2/2014We had a wonderful anniversary dinner. The setting is beautiful and peaceful. Both of our dinners were delicious and it was the best "fancy" dinner we had on the island. Request a table on the edge if the waterSpecial Features:
- Special OccasionMicheleODined on 9/30/2014Celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary at Tidepools. Food was excellent. Staff was very friendly. Very romantic setting for special dinner. Make sure to request table next to lagoon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- expensive, but good for special dinChrisInSDDined on 9/29/2014Nearly as good as the The Beach House with great serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dallas waiterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Our waiter was absolutely fabulous. He was caring and attended to our every need. He is a credit to your organization.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tidepools rocksBevanandToniDined on 9/25/2014One of the best dining experiences we have had. The seafood was soo fresh and the bisque that went with it was just unreal. The koi carp right next to us was amazing. Such a beautiful dining experience. Well done TidepoolsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a dateGuchDined on 9/24/2014This restaurant has amazing food, atmosphere and service. I had never been to Kauai before and chose this restaurant based on reviews and menu. It did not disappoint! Everything was delicious from the appetizers to the salad, entree and dessert. I would definitely go there again and recommend it to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014this restaurant is spectacular on al levels, service, ambiance, food taste and selection, entertaining and the view. we will definitely visit again and recommend it to others as a must in kauai. the koi fish are amazing and the waterfalls are so beautiful, wait staff very attentive and knowledgable and the food was outstanding. we couldnt have had a better experience and highly recommend planning a visit when you go to kauaiSpecial Features:
- Beautiful for a special occasionAnniversary1Dined on 9/21/2014We went for our anniversary while we were staying at the Hyatt. I entered the wrong date by accident on my reservation and there were able to accommodate us right away. The setting was beautiful with all the koi fish swimming around you. The service was excellent and the food was delicious. The presentation of our dinners were incredible. Def recommend for a special occasion since it was a bit pricey.Special Features:
- BeautifulOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014Had a great time. The ambiance was great - relaxing, view of the lagoon and lots of koi. Loved the food & service. It is more pricey and would make Tipepools a special occasion vs just a normal dinner out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/19/2014Very disappointing food experience. The seafood was very bland and over cooked and the prime rib was dried out and tough. I believe the prime rib was at least a day old and of very poor quality. We will not be visiting this restaurant during the balance of our trip.Special Features:
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/19/2014The food here was outstanding. We had the prime rib & the Hawaiian catch. Both were outstanding! The crabcame that came with the Hawaiian catch was to die for. The rolls and garlic butter were pretty amazing as well. There are so many coy around the restaurant. It was a beautiful setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- romanticdmvan1Dined on 9/18/2014we celebrated our 25th anniversary here, it was so amazingly perfect and jaw dropping beautiful! Highly recommend for any special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in KauaiCLBSDined on 9/17/2014My husband and I have been coming to Tide Pools ever since we discovered it. It always exceeds expectations! Fabulous food, ambience and service. A very classy restaurant for a special night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful and relaxingabusseDined on 9/16/2014Tidepools is a beautiful restaurant in a gorgeous setting. We were seated next to the water so we could watch the koi swimming about. The food was fantastic. We had 4 appies and 4 mains and couldn't finish it all - the portions are generous. I'd recommend the ceviche and the scallops as appetizers! As for the mains - they were all great. Also, our server was definitely passionate about the fresh food they serve. Service was great. And, a nice touch - they knew it was my parents' anniversary, so they came by with a chocolate lava cake. Unexpected and delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary CelebrationoldiesDined on 9/16/2014My wife and I have been to Kauai 6 times in the last 15 years and we have enjoyed 6 excellent romantic dinners at Tidepools. We can't visit Kauai without eating at Tidepools. The food and service are top of the line and the ambiance is, in our opinion, the best on the island. We are looking forward to many more visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunerDined on 9/15/2014This setting was lovely.For something speacial this would be your place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect eveningSteveDined on 9/14/2014From sitting down at a window tabe with a view of the coy pond this was an amazing night. Best meal of our trip Food was outstanding, fresh fish so delicious. Tasty cocktails and excellent friendly service.Special Features:
- Lackluster preparationDaveDined on 9/11/2014Ate here on my honeymoon the other night. Had Wasabi seared Ahi and my wife the Hawaiian plate which included miso glazed fish. While the quality of the fish itself was excellent, both entrees were tremendously bland. The coconut lime black rice with the Ahi tasted like neither. And the ceviche was milky and bland not fresh and citrusy as expected. The poke was fresh and good. The servers were very pleasant, but I poured the wine all night. They were not interested in making a cocktail available at another bar on the property. Not at all what I'd expect from a resort of this caliber and menu at these prices. A disappointment...next time I'm going to Roy's. Stevenson's Library, on the other hand, has limited but excellent sushi.Special Features:
- Great dining experienceEdesiaDined on 9/11/2014My wife and I had a great dining experience at Tidepools. The food and service were great and well worth the price. The scallops were probably the best I've ever had. My wife had the prime rib and I had the Opah. While the prime rib was better than good, the Opah was fantastic! Don't forget the coconut ice cream for dessert!Special Features:
- PERFECT!KyalohaDined on 9/10/2014After a disappointing dinner the night before at the Kauai grill in the st. Regis, Tidepools was absolutely perfect. The atmosphere, the seating the service and most importantly the FOOD. It was absolutely delicious from start to finish. By far the best food we had in Kauai.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KaimiVIPDined on 9/10/2014Informed restaurant in advance that we were celebrating a birthday. Aside from the server asking whose birthday, nothing special. Disappointing for a restaurant of this caliber.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/9/2014Our second visit during this vacation. Just as wonderful as before.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- By far the best dinner...JessxcomDined on 9/9/2014The food here was amazing. We started with the scallops... Yum! Then my husband had the Hawaiian catch and I had the opah. Wow is all I can say. The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable about each of the items on the menu. Very helpful if you want to try a new kind of fish. And the chocolate lava cake with ice cream was a great way to finish off a delicious meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.