Tidepools - Grand Hyatt Kauai
1571 Poipu Rd.
Poipu, HI 96756Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Tidepools - Grand Hyatt Kauai
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.grandhyattkauai.com/
- Phone: (808) 240-6456
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Nightly: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Jayson Thompson
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Tidepools - Grand Hyatt Kauai
For the ultimate in ambiance, delectable food and stellar service, Tidepools is the place. This quintessential Hawaiian setting has a backdrop of waterfalls with thatched roof bungalows that seemingly float above tropical lagoons. Savor contemporary Hawaiian style cuisine in this distinctive open-air setting. Diners rave about the exceptional service and fresh fish and steak options with a unique island flair including macadamia nut crusted mahimahi, grilled opah or a succulent steak. Salads feature fresh island-greens and the desserts are luscious. Don't miss this delightful experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Tidepools - Grand Hyatt Kauai - Best Restaurants in Poipu ›
Tidepools - Grand Hyatt Kauai reviews from OpenTable diners
200 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
romantic (150)special occasion (138)scenic view (120)great for outdoor dining (117)fit for foodies (81)notable wine list (29)good for groups (26)neighborhood gem (20)hot spot (20)kid-friendly (15)late-night find (6)great for brunch (2)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- A must for fine dining on KauaiScottandKimDined on 11/20/2014We celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary and wanted a romantic dinner setting.. We picked the right spot. Other than being a bit too dark to appreciate the ambiance, the experience was perfect. The food was outstanding and the service was just as good. If you only can do one fine dining experience, Tidepools has to be in the discussion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Near perfectHappyDinerVIPDined on 11/19/2014Fabulous setting. Food was stellar except coconut rice was dry. Mahimahi was tasty and cheesecake was to die for & fresh. Tropical drinks were spot on. Was a special occasion so a bit disappointed we were seated near the wait station when I had requested outer edge near water but every table is beside the water so not a big deal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014It was our anniversary and the server wished us happy anniversary and served us complimentary lava cake for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular restaurant findBetterlatethanneverDined on 11/14/2014Have visited kauai many times and never discovered this restaurant until now. It was recommended by a friend who stayed here a couple of weeks ago and he was correct. The best filet and scallops I've ever eaten. Almost melt in your mouth they were so good. The ambience and staff were super and the evening was extremely special.. Thank you for a wonderful and special nite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great but not amazingRebolishVIPDined on 11/9/2014Location was amazing, food was great (not a 5 star restaurant but it was never advertised that way anyways) but the thing that kept the whole experience from being excellent was the service. Service was very unattentive. My husband wanted another drink with his meal and did not get it until after the meal. Waiter never checked to see how the meal was until after we were finished. We would go back again knowing we would have to plan ahead for things that we would want later on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not very attentive. Disappointed Hyatt Gold MemberBarnabyDined on 11/8/2014Lovely restaurant with koi pools and good food (not outstanding), however they drop the ball at attentiveness. Made special mention during reservation arrangements for special memorable/milestone birthday dinner celebration and tho casually mentioned by hostess when checking in, no attention given or any mention or recognition of the event before/during or after dinner by anyone. Ordered desserts and waiter never even acknowledged. Very, very disappointing for what had been long planned for a memorable event during Kauai trip from California.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/8/2014The food was good, but not exceptional. It was expensive and we expected to come away feeling it was well worth it. We didn't. The atmosphere was quite nice, but man made. No ocean view.Special Features:
- One of the bestJoeyVIPDined on 11/6/2014Our appetizer, entree, and deserts were prepared perfectly. Menu choices were adequate with a range for all tastes The location was tops for a romantic meal. Wait staff punctual and knowledgeableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumTheresaDined on 11/6/2014This was not our first time at Tidepools. We come here at least once each time we visit Kauai. The food and service are always amazing and the atmosphere is perfect. Keep up the good work!!Special Features:
- Unique setting, great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/3/2014The staff was so welcoming to this charming, beautiful restaurant. Food was creative and well prepared. Service well paced. It was a very memorable experience.Special Features:
- Romantic Setting. Many steps.pythonVIPDined on 11/3/2014This at the Hyatt in Poipu. A beautiful setting and menu, service and prices to match. Only drawback - it's quite a trek to reach it about a 60ft drop via many (gentle) steps but there's no elevator and (according to the staff I asked) no handicapped accessible route.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceHughVIPDined on 11/1/2014Our waiter was fantastic, made the dining experience fun.Special Features:
- ChambermanDined on 10/31/2014The Seafood combo of Lobster, Ono and Shrimp cake over sweet potato was the best seafood combo I've ever had. The half lobster was vert tasty and I just loved the shrimp cake which I have never experienced. This was our first time dining at this beautiful venue surrounded by water and beautiful gardens and fish. The service was excellent. In fact we liked it so much we are going back again during our stay here at the Hyatt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey but worth itSandiDined on 10/30/2014The food and service at Tidepools is first rate. We usually keep it for our big night out before we leave Kauai if we are staying in Poipu. The wine list is their weakest link. Mostly mediocre wines for way too much money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTableDinerDined on 10/30/2014We have been going to Poipu Beach on Kauai every year for the last 13 years and our dinner at Tidepools was without a doubt the best we've ever had on Kauai. I've heard about Tidepools before, but just just never got around to going there until last Thursday. It will definitely be a regular place for us to enjoy a wonderful dinner for many years to come.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really NicemcdzDined on 10/27/2014This place was really nice for resort restaurant. The food was great, and the service was good.Special Features:
- Great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/26/2014Would come back. Good service and the food was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingDwrayDined on 10/24/2014Everything about Tidepools was first class. Food was excellent. The crabcakes were the best we have ever had. Service was top-notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best dinner on the islandhoneymooningDined on 10/23/2014This was a great find for the last day of our Honeymoon stay on Kaua'i. Beautiful setting, outstanding service, our waiter was knowledgeable and helpful with food questions. When we return from NY we will definitely be returning to Tidepools!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved!ErinDined on 10/22/2014My husband and I enjoyed a delicious anniversary dinner at Tidepools. Food was amazing - best of our entire trip to Kauai!Special Features:
- BirthdayBobby1960Dined on 10/21/2014Great atmosphere with average food. My steak was over salted, my wife's mahi was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last night in KauaiWS101Dined on 10/17/2014Marvelous attraction to visit. Pricey but you get what you pay for. Wonderful menu options and food was delicious!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tidepools was Amazing once again644SteveVIPDined on 10/16/2014The tidepools setting is amazing in the lagoons at the Hyatt just off the ocean. The decor is elegant Hawaiian. The food was amazing. We had the ahi-hamachi poke appetizer which was plentiful and wonderful. We each had the ahi entree...served rare it was among the best we have ever had.Special Features:
- Great experienceMarkMDined on 10/15/2014Great food, great service, great atmosphere. The fish dishes were very well prepared, and all the side dishes were perfectly paired.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/13/2014The scenic view was fabulous. The food was not great. Skip the restaurant and go to the Beach House instead.Special Features:
- Loved itkelwezDined on 10/12/2014The food and service were amazing, expensive, but worth it. It was the best meal (of high end restaurants) that we had the entire trip.Special Features:
- Our favorite!DinerDined on 10/11/2014We love this restaurant; amazing ambiance, wonderful food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Done in the LagoonDisappointedDined on 10/11/2014Our party consisted of three couples. We were given the best table in the restaurant. It was an isolated table surrounded by a lagoon on three sides, a perfect setting apart from the other guests. The mango salad was a real treat. The diver scallop and steak special was delicious as was the ahi tuna. Chocolate lovers should save room for the lava cake or the crunch. A unique experience enjoyed by all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- expensive but worth it..jayheilDined on 10/10/2014This place is definitely for honeymoons and anniversarys etc. Great atmosphere, very open and not congested even when busy. A must experience on the island.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LizzieB14VIPDined on 10/9/2014Were staying at the hotel and decided to stop in for dinner one night. Food is what you would expect for resort food, overpriced and nothing special, but the ambience was fantastic. Made for a very enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- elegant tranquilityOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/8/2014Tidepools is really not an accurate name for this restaurant. To me it is more like eating in a private above the water hut in Bora Bora. Koi swim in the lagoon next to and under you and the setting is quite peaceful. Several varieties of fish are offered, but they tend to run along the ono, opah, ahi line which most Hawaiian places feature. Our dinners were done delicately and again a ceviche starter was tangy and adequately spicy. Tidepools is a good spot for a pleasant, quiet dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpeechlessSamantha0409Dined on 10/8/2014Best meal of my life. Everything was perfect from the beautiful scenery, to the waiter, the food and ambience. Amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryGinnyDined on 10/7/2014My husband and I loved the restaurant and the food was wonderful. The only thing that disappointed us was that we weren't sitted near the window for an outside experience...four women were and I thought that was unfair.Special Features:
- Just AmazingmikeymVIPDined on 10/4/2014We had the Hawaiian Catch and Crusted Steak, both were perfection. Atmosphere couldn't be beat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Hotel Food but OverpricedFriendlyVIPDined on 10/4/2014Great Hotel Food but Overpriced by $10 per Entree. Ate here our first night on the Island.
- HeidaluluDined on 10/3/2014Food was very good. It was quite hot which took away from the ambiance, our waiter Les was the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special occassion dinnerjessluvsfoodDined on 10/2/2014We had a wonderful anniversary dinner. The setting is beautiful and peaceful. Both of our dinners were delicious and it was the best "fancy" dinner we had on the island. Request a table on the edge if the waterSpecial Features:
- Special OccasionMicheleODined on 9/30/2014Celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary at Tidepools. Food was excellent. Staff was very friendly. Very romantic setting for special dinner. Make sure to request table next to lagoon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- expensive, but good for special dinChrisInSDDined on 9/29/2014Nearly as good as the The Beach House with great serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dallas waiterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Our waiter was absolutely fabulous. He was caring and attended to our every need. He is a credit to your organization.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.