1651 Tiburon Blvd.
Tiburon, CA 94920Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://lodgeattiburon.com/amenities/tiburon-tavern/
- Phone: (415) 435-5996
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Daily 7:00am to 10:00am
All Day Menu Monday Through Saturday 11:00 to 10:00pm
Happy Hour Every Day 4:00pm to 6:30pm
Sunday Brunch 11:00am to 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Wine Bar, Comfort Food, Californian
- Executive Chef: Jamie Prouten
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Banquet and catering rooms and patio dining availability for up to 125 guests for formal or casual events, and up to 200 guests for reception-style gatherings.
Email Rachael at: Rachael.Daniel@metwestterra.com
- Private Party Contact: Rachael Daniel 415 435 6646x
- Entertainment: We feature live music on various nights throughout the week.
- Special Events: Wednesday - Brainstormer Trivia Night 7pm
Thursday - Ladies Night - All Night Happy Hour and Specials 4pm - Close
Friday and Saturdays - Live Music 6-9pm
Saturday and Sunday - Brunch 10am
A word from Tiburon Tavern
Tiburon Tavern is on a mission to support our community located in the beautiful seaside town of Tiburon. Our menu showcases simple, delicious cuisine; using the finest, fresh, seasonal ingredients many of which are grown by local farmers. We are also featuring Marin County's first Napa Technology Wine station in which we serve exclusive local vintages. From our outstanding patio seating, fireside dining and lively bar atmosphere Tiburon Tavern is the place to be for comfortable surroundings, exceptional value and genuine hospitality.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Tiburon Tavern - Best Restaurants in Tiburon ›
Tiburon Tavern reviews from OpenTable diners
48 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (34)neighborhood gem (19)good for groups (18)fit for foodies (18)great for lunch (17)kid-friendly (15)great for brunch (14)romantic (14)special occasion (12)vibrant bar scene (11)hot spot (8)notable wine list (5)late-night find (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- DisappointedDonutVIPDined on 11/17/2014My husband and I went for dinner. While the service was great--very friendly and responsive, the food was okay. My husbands fish dish was excellent, but my simple pasta dish was not good at all. The pasta was too chewy and there was hardly any sauce on it. I had to ask for parmesan cheese just to eat it. On hindsight, I should have sent it back. I also saw the same dish brought to another diner sitting next to us, just before we left and her pasta dish looked quite different--it had a load of parmesan cheese on it and I could tell that it had more sauce as well. So maybe mine was just a fluke. I enjoyed sharing his fish dish, which was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOISY but great sevice and good food...veg8tableVIPDined on 11/15/2014We had reservations, and asked for a quiet zone, the maître di said there were many reservations ahead of us and he seated us outside near a table of unruly and noisy children. He was so rude to us, but our server made up for him, she was a delight. We will not return to this restaurant in the near future..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Marin dinner nightBubba198Dined on 10/25/2014As expected this turned out to be a Great Marin dinner night! The Tavern is shi shi but not LA shi shi :) Very nice ambiance and good wine selection. The food was excellent. I will definitely come here again.Special Features:
- Love the Tavern!TiffDined on 10/20/2014Tiburon Tavern is always a treat anytime of day! Breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner the food is always fresh and delicious! The service is always super friendly and very welcoming. The bar area does have sports on TV and relaxed environment to hang out a while with a few friends and munch and drink. The outdoor seating area is really nice with heaters and I believe a few fire pits, I think gas burning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- McKeeVIPDined on 10/1/2014There was no light on tables outside so it made it very difficult to read the menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect spot on a summer eveningMarindinerDined on 9/27/2014We were a party of four who ate at Tiburon Tavern after a wonderful sunset cruise on the Angel Island Ferry. Arrived about 8:30, not terribly hungry after our nibbles and wine on the boat but found great choices for what we wanted. Two excellent Cobb salads, a generous bowl of steamed mussels and a nice toasted ham and cheese sandwich. The outdoor heaters kept us toasty as it got a bit chillier and our server was outstanding!Special Features:
- Good Food, Nice SpotJamesVIPDined on 9/17/2014It's hard to find a sidewalk cafe that's not too close to a busy roadway... this one is set back, from a modestly busy roadway. Very nice. Great Happy Hour environment!Special Features:
- bow wowgrampscVIPDined on 9/16/2014Why do pretentious Americans think it is so frenchy to take their dog with them to dinner?Special Features:
- YummycherryalmondDined on 9/14/2014Nice large patio on the street. Very helpful staff - happy to move umbrellas around and the host was expecting us and welcomed us at the door. Good cocktails. Great burgers. Moderately priced. Went for lunch. Easy walk from the Pier 41 Ferry from SF.Special Features:
- no meat loaf!bucfanDined on 9/12/2014they posted a friday special, meat loaf, thats why we went, 5 bucks to park. NO MEAT LOAF today sir, sorry, the staff was very nice so we made the best of itSpecial Features:
- din2etteDined on 9/12/2014Nice atmosphere, but sloppy service. The waiter did not return for a long period of time after we ordered beverages before ordering lunch. The food was good, and the décor charmingSpecial Features:
- Staff appropriatelySirDinesalotDined on 8/24/2014Arrived 15 minutes early for a 7:30 reservation and was told to return at 7:30. No problem for us so we sat in the outdoor lounge. Returned at 7:30 and we were told that there would still be a 10 minute wait due to staffing. The wait lasted 30 minutes. To their credit we were given a complimentary glass of champaign during the wait. While being seated in the outdoor dining area ( our request ) we asked for a propane heater to be moved closer to our table since a nearby table had two. The gentlemen seating us declined to act on our request and suggested we could move inside. Other than that the evening was good, the food was fine and our waiter was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentkbeltzDined on 8/9/2014Came here for our fifth wedding anniversary. I'm learning that excellence is standard here. Excellent customer service, excellent atmosphere, and excellent food. My husband kept saying, "This is the best Caesar I've ever had, these are the best prawns I've ever had," throughout the night. I order the vegetable bucatini every time. The vegetables change with the seasons. So good!Special Features:
- Tiburon TavernFrancisDined on 8/4/2014We had the prix fixe dinner for two which was excellent value with start, entree, shared dessert and a bottle of wine. The Caesar salad was exceptional with generous chunks of smoked trout in place of bacon bits. Main course mussels were very tasty but meat was skinny, probably because not in full season. Service was good and attentive. For a small fee, we could upgrade to entree on regular menu - mainly question of choice as the regular menu was limited.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch was niceVMV94941VIPDined on 8/3/2014The staff was inattentive. But brunch service are usually slow so understandable. The food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale food in moderate settingRegularPlaceVIPDined on 8/2/2014We had the groupon menu and were really impressed with the food. Caesar with trout was really good with a blend of fresh and interesting flavors. My mussels in wine were delicious and wonderfully flavored. Pork chop had a blend of great flavors. As you can see, flavorful and fresh with great ideas from the new chef. The setting was actually a little too casual for us inside. It felt like part of a hotel. But the food will have us returning there.Special Features:
- Happy Hour with the BFFsOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/2/2014We had an amazing experience at the Tavern this Saturday. Kenny, our waiter gave us excellent service. The food was great with the exception of the drumsticks and the smoked salmon. The toast on the smoked salmon was pretty burnt. The drumsticks was pink. Otherwise the rest of what Kenny recommended were all good. Came back after the sunset cruise for some coffee and desserts. The dulce de leche was so yummy. The rest of had the oatmeal cookie. This was my second visit but first to my friends. They will definitely be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for the slidersYummyDined on 8/1/2014Our waiter was fantastic. I wish I remembered his name. He was serving the back indoor area. He was great with the reccommendations and very attentive not overly so. I'd give it a 5 in service, but twice now there was a bartender who ignored us and had attitude when it wasn't even busy. The sliders are delicious. The outdoor front patio scene is really nice and lots of times there is music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slipping so soon?WhycookVIPDined on 7/31/2014We were delighted that the restaurant had a new chef, the menu would have some vitality; delighted that the service had stepped up. This visit we re-tried new dishes; the tartare is still excellent.The smoked salmon toasts bland-not sure what changed.(Everything used to be over-salted BEFORE but now?) The CLT is a great idea; the crab mixture while not over-mayoed lacked taste. Companions tried the mahi-mahi and steak - not exceptional from such a great chef. Our server forgot to pour the wine once he poured a taste; he forgot to fire our apps, when we got them our entrees came. Stephanie and Chris are very conscientious. Please ask Chef to put some pizazz in the food and give their servers a refresher course. We want to keep coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 358 reviews are from the Tiburon Tavern reviews archive.
- DisappointedMooshiDined on 7/20/2014I had a voucher and so there is a separate menu list to choose from. The pixe faire selection was very limited . For extra $5 you can choose from the regular menu list ,however there are not much food to choose. The entree I had was the pork chop,I would say it's just OK. The only good thing with the dinner is the bottle of wine. I was not aware the bottled water they served was extra charge. On the positive note, I like the ambience
- Love the brunch!TiffDined on 7/20/2014They never fail at the Tavern. Always great food and service that is very friendly and knowledgeable of the menu.Special Features:
- Over soldOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/19/2014While the interior is nicely designed and the service was very friendly there were too many other issues. First the nickel and diming. $3 to make any modification to a dish. It says it on the menu so not a surprise but still very lame. The food took a very long time to come out. They brought us three rolls to hold us over until the food was ready. Not a fan. Lastly the dish I had was luke warm and relatively flavorless. On a positive note my wife's food was pretty good. Overall the feeling put forth is the customer is lucky to be there instead of the restaurant being appreciative of the business. I don't need flowers sprinkled at my feet but I do want to feel the business to willing to make your experience good if not memorable.
- tiburon tavern is fantasticblissVIPDined on 7/19/2014everything about the new and improved tiburon tavern is fantastic. the new chef has improved the food, the waitstaff could not be better and the surrounding are lovely. dave is my go to person is you need anything special, he just helped me plan a birthday party, and myra is excellent. also, go just for the drinks and music. outside dogs are welcome and that is a great treat.Special Features:
- New chef equals new restaurantWhycookVIPDined on 7/18/2014The changes in menu have made this a much better option than before. Service has picked up enormously and the fact that the outdoor dining makes it a dog friendly restaurant has made it our go to spot. Staff, Chris and Stephanie are very conscientious. Try the steak tartar!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average--Could Be So Much BetterYypoVIPDined on 7/14/2014One senses that the chef could do much more and better, but the tavern format is limiting. Excellent selection of wines by the glass but the menu is too limited and the selections are geared to keep the price down. I think they could easily command 20%-40% higher prices if they let the chef do his thing and offer higher-value items.
- Lovely way to end the day!leflerpetVIPDined on 7/13/2014We had a Groupon for the Prix Fixe dinner which has a limited menu, but we had no problem finding things to order. The corn bisque was delicious!! I had the pork chop for my main course, which I was not crazy about, but my husband thought that it was fabulous. The chocolate chip cookies and milk were very good. There was a duo playing and the volume was good as often when there is music at a restaurant, it takes over and you can no longer have a conversation with the rest of your party.Special Features:
- Good ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/6/2014Make a reservation... Because they are part of the Lodge there always seems be a wait list even though tables open up as you stand and wait.Special Features:
- Music was greatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/5/2014The music was great. Lovely place to have a beer and enjoy the weather. After waiting almost an hour for the first course shrimp, it tased like bleach. Need I say more?
- Great place to eatveggielurverDined on 7/4/2014We stayed in Tiburon for a few days and the Tavern was my favorite place to eat breakfast. We also had dinner here, and the waiter suggested a great wine. I would recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- The Tavern rocksWorldDinerVIPDined on 6/28/2014Great all the way around- food, ambiance, acoustic guitar in the outdoor lounge. Try the grilled cheese (the tomato bisque for dipping is superb), mussels (in a word, WOW), and churros (I've had the best Mexico City and Madrid can offer, but the Tavern has them beat). Other items deliver as well. Kenny, our server was a gracious host and truly knew his craft - attentive, fun, savvy w/ the grape and a real pleasure. Southern Sonoma county is a stone's throw away if hunger strikes after wine tasting, so pick up a bottle and hit the Tavern, you won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great outdoor patioLDSPVIPDined on 6/23/2014We enjoyed the sliders, cocktails, and appetizers. Service was fast and efficient. Outdoor heaters available overhead for chilly days. Will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really DisappointedJunebugzgirlVIPDined on 6/22/2014It's beautiful, but that's about it. The food is mediocre. The service is as well. We went for brunch, and it was our second time there and the menu had changed - fewer choices and really boring. I ordered the Cobb salad which came with 4 huge iceberg wedges and not much else. It was hard to eat, and it just felt like the restaurant was trying to cheap out. 4 paper thin slices of avocado and a tablespoon (maybe!) of bacon bits. It was so unsatisfying. The coffee was tepid, even after the waiter said it just been brewed. The bar drinks - bellinis and champagne were room temperature. The wait staff never checked in once the food was served, and it was difficult to get their attention. Pretty place, but maybe for a beer. Only.Special Features:
- FridaynitefunAgoodcatchVIPDined on 6/20/2014Went this past Friday. The food was again excellent. There was also live music that we enjoyed. We are making the Tiburon Tavern one of our regular places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food - poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 6/15/2014It took up to 30 minutes just to get our drinks and even then they were wrong. The waiter brought out the wrong dishes as well. Once we received our food it was good but the service was overall terrible.
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 6/13/2014Marco was a charming waitress. The food was great. We had a wonderful time👍👍👍Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Tiburon treatAgoodcatchVIPDined on 6/6/2014Went for the first time. Food and service were excellent. Menu was small but what was offered was great. Did not have a starter but the meatloaf was better than mom's. Had a delicious dessert too. Portion sizes were good. Will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place to relax and have a biteDomsterVIPDined on 6/6/2014TT has really improved, we have been there twice in a couple of weeks, food is good,ambiance is also nice, service can be hit or miss, maybe not enough waiters, too many bus boys... The waiters are good, you just get the feeling that they're all over the place but not necessarily there when you need them... I would def recommend the restaurant!!!Special Features:
- Improvements made at Tiburon TavernPinotNoirPleaseVIPDined on 6/5/2014With a new chef, creating more tasty menu items, and the wait staff being more attentive, I was happy to see the change and will go back again.
- Excellent food and service!!StanbrahDined on 6/1/2014We used a groupon which had a pre-set menu for three courses. However, for $5/ person you could upgrade your entree to one off the regular menu. We both did that & got the NY steak which was phenomenal!!! I also upgraded my app to the lamb sliders which is a definate do-not-miss item!! Our Italian server was really nice, attentive & full of charm. I love the Tiburon Tavern & can't wait to go back!!! :-DSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was better before new chefDedeeDined on 5/31/2014My lemon drop cocktail took 15 mins to arrive and was not served in the traditional sugar rimmed glass nor was it chilled. The kale caesar salad used fried chickpeas in lieu of the traditional croutons, however, the chickpeas were soft and did not add the desired crunch intended. The potato soup was bland & served at room temperature. The pork chop was tough, over cooked and therefore dry. Service was poor and slow. Our waiter did not: bring customary bread/butter, offer additional cocktails, refill our wine glasses, offer ground pepper for salads, or offer coffee/tea after dinner. The lodge is a great Tiburon spot. It's too bad they are not paying more attention to the details of food preparation, presentation and service.Special Features: