Tiburon Fine Dining
8256 S. 700 E.
Sandy, UT 84070Neighborhood:
Holladay / Midvale / Sandy / Union
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Tiburon Fine Dining
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.tiburonfinedining.com/
- Phone: (801) 255-1200
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Wild Game, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Ken Rose
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have a private room available for a minimum charge that seats up to 40
- Private Party Contact: Ken Rose 8012551200
A word from Tiburon Fine Dining
Tiburon Fine Dining has quietly become one of Utah's premier restaurants. Tiburon is located in the south end of the Salt Lake valley in an unassuming building that formerly housed a fruit stand. But don't be fooled, Tiburon serves award-winning contemporary American cuisine ranging from pan-seared Beef Tenderloin with Foie Gras and Madiera syrup to Black Sesame-Crusted Ahi Tuna with Honey and Soy Marinated Carrots. The Crab Cakes consistently win best in the state and the salads are raved about by the locals. But it does not end with the food, service is always top-notch. Led by a staff that has been with owners since its opening in 1999, guests always feel welcomed in the warm and friendly atmosphere. And in the Summer with it's patio dining. Tiburon is the place to dine in the South Valley.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Tiburon Fine Dining - Best Restaurants in Holladay / Midvale / Sandy / Union ›
Tiburon Fine Dining reviews from OpenTable diners
107 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (81)romantic (61)fit for foodies (50)neighborhood gem (49)great for outdoor dining (44)notable wine list (26)good for groups (14)hot spot (5)great for brunch (3)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014The food was exquisite. Very delicious. My girlfriend stated that after having the kobe beef she couldn't have steak for another month or it would simply pale in comparison. The ambiance was lovely. Our server was very helpful and friendly, but she did seem somewhat busy and at times we had wait a little longer than preferred (and she did forget a final refill on a beverage), but the service was still good. I would gladly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday night outoff2glfDined on 11/15/2014This is a special restaurant. The food is very well prepared and presented. THe server, Peaches, did a credible job and was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good, but...EvilHomerVIPDined on 11/14/2014We've been to Tiburon several times and the food is always great, as is the service. My only complaint has nothing to do with food or service but the actual building and ventilation, or lack thereof. One of my biggest pet peeves is smelling like the restaurant I just visited. Unfortunately, Tiburon is not an exception you this, but the rule. They would do themselves and their patrons a huge favor by investing in some additional ventilation and exhaust fans for their kitchen. We'll most likely visit Tiburon again, but will consider a cigar coat for attire...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceJaneNorthCarolinaDined on 11/13/2014Wanted to take friends out for a very special evening of great food, the prices are reflective of the high quality of the food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Fine DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/3/2014We have eaten at Tiburon several times and will continue to come back. Although spendy, the food is delicious and the service is excellent.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerjuliabDined on 10/29/2014This is one of our faves for celebrations (birthdays, recitals, etc). The menu is not really very adventurous but the food and service are consistently excellent and the ambiance really gives that special occasion feel. We always debate; elk or lamb? It's a no-lose decision.Special Features:
- Too SmokeyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/28/2014the kitchen must have caught on fire! it was incredibly and uncomfortably smokey in the dining room. also our main course took over 30 minutes after our salad was finished. the food was incredible as always!Special Features:
- Amazing dinner locationGates6912Dined on 10/26/2014Our romantic dinner at Sandy city's "Tiburon" was exquisite. The server was divine and we were more than welcomed for our anniversary dinner. I would recommend this location to anyone that loves a beautiful, romantic, and personal experience. We felt as if we were regulars while being there. All of the staff knew and congratulated us on our anniversary, the wine was chilled perfectly as I had asked. 5 stars for this amazing experience. Thank you all for a great experience.Special Features:
- Tibruon is a great place for anyJosieDined on 10/25/2014event that you plan. We have had dinners for two. family dinners to special events there and have always been pleased with the sevice and especially the food, it is amazing! We have had many parties there and Ken and his staff have always been willing and successful in accomplishing a succesful event. Make sure you make a reservation, the word has spread on how good this place is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/22/2014Excellent food, great service. WONDERFUL EVENING!!!! Will be back soon!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/19/2014Must say that the other night, was a HUGE, improvement, do not know what they did, maybe put the right people in their places. Overall, Fantastic, will and would recommend to all I know. Thank You Tiburon, Staff:)Special Features:
- Perfect as alwayslovetodine3Dined on 10/17/2014We dined here tonight for our special occasion and as always it was absolute perfection. One of the most romantic dinners ever! We will definitely go back again and again!!Special Features:
- Special OccasionGPC5VIPDined on 10/17/2014We brought our daughter (17) here for a special occasion and had a wonderful experience. The restaurant is warm and comfortable, the service excellent and the food delicious. Two of us took advantage of the "split plate" option, which was perfect. We did bring in our own wine, and the restaurant handled that beautifully. It was truly a memorable evening, and the highlight was our visit to Tiburon.Special Features:
- VeggiesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014We had the Filet and it was great, and the potatoes were good. but the carrots and beets were as hard as rocks, it might be a good idea to cook these more or steam them!Special Features:
- My dining experience at TiburonMoniDined on 10/15/2014I have made reservation for two when we arrived at the proper time the server or the hostess sat us on the table for four and that was not what I expected since I already made reservations for two people what is the purpose of reservation when they're not ready for you I had to make adjustments to make them give me a table for two. Also the chairs are very uncomfortable they need to upgrade chairs. metal chairs are not recommended. Service was great the food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak yum!!FirstimerDined on 10/15/2014My wife got the salmon, I got the steak! Wife loved salmon. Best New York steak I have had. Great atmosphere. The waiter was kind of all business and not all that personable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/12/2014much, better then the last time. Think they put the "right" people, in the "Right", places. Overall, very, Very Good:)Special Features:
- A great night outdcecfpDined on 10/7/2014This was our second visit to Tiburon and we enjoyed it even more than the first. We're not big portion eaters so tried the "split plate" with the filet. You get 1/2 the entree and a regular salad, vegetables, sorbet and bread. Just right! The steak was tender and flavorful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love this place,Best food in SLCTheLoveClanDined on 10/4/2014This is our favorite special occasion place to eat. Best food in SLC and maybe in Utah overall. Awesome fresh items from their garden if you come in the summer/fall time. Steaks, Fish, Elk all amazing. Caprese is amazing with fresh Heirloom tomatoes, goat cheese, etc. Must visit this place at least once.Special Features:
- DisappointedLuv2EatDined on 9/29/2014While there was nothing bad about our dinner, there was also nothing great about it. We don't routinely spend $150 (including one bottle of champagne) for dinner for two, so I guess we expect something above average. We shared the scallop appetizer which was very tasty but slightly under-cooked. The salad (which was included) was okay but nothing special. The filet was cooked to our request but the mushroom sauce was overpowering and too thick and sweet for our tastes. The garlic mashed potatoes did not have any garlic flavor and arrived lukewarm at best. The five green beans were excellent and the sorbet between courses was a nice touch. The ambiance is nice and the service was good.
- was good up until...foodiebluesDined on 9/29/2014the waitress took plates away while one member at our table was still eating. she then asked if folks wanted desert 'before' the person had even finished their plate. WRONG. That is the level of service I'd expect at Denny's, certainly NOT at a restaurant that touts quality food and service. It was un-crowed, and we were perplexed by the poor service, as usually we receive good service. This 'was' one of our favorite places to dine, not so sure we will come back. Please train your staff to a level expected of your restaurant.plates are served to the table on the right and cleared from the left, there is NO stacking of plates in front of customers or reaching over customers plates, it's not rocket science, just basic food service 101.Special Features:
- best food in Salt Lake areaSandyUTFoodieDined on 9/27/2014The atmosphere is ok, awful tile floor and cheap looking furniture, but the food is FANTASTIC. Had a fabulous pork tenderloin and started with amazing crab cakes. Great cocktails. Great server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/19/2014We had driven by Tiburon so many times and had never stopped. When looking for a restaurant with really good food before a concert, we thought that we would finally give this a try and we were not disappointed. We were able to sit on the patio on a gorgeous fall evening. The scallops were perfectly cooked as an appetizer. All entrees come with a salad that has apples and pecans. We enjoyed the swordfish special that came with fresh corn and crab salad as well as the salmon with bacon and leeks. Both were excellent! For dessert we shared the creme brulee, which was also excellent. While the food was fantastic, the thing that will keep us coming back is the excellent, and attentive service. Tom was the ultimate professional.Special Features:
- Mediocrejd18Dined on 9/18/2014I love fine dining and am not opposed to paying high prices. I expect a spectacular entree for $42, not just mediocre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as had hopedChicagoDined on 9/16/2014We were in from out of town and saw that this place had good reviews but were disappointed by the service and some of the food. A couple of us had the steak and loved it but the mashed potatoes were nasty. I've never disliked mashed potatoes at a restaurant so this was a first for me. Each of the four of us had something wrong with our meal. The service was not equal to type of restaurant Tiburon is trying to be. One person asked for their fish to be spiced hot and it came out with no spice. He asked the waiter about it and he said he forgot and would bring out another. When he did, it had a sweet, not spicy sauce on it. Another person asked for coffee and it was never served.
- As always, deliciousJCallDined on 9/13/2014I have had bad days at work before—we all have—and I want to say that I have enjoyed impeccable service each of the dozen or more times I've eaten at Tiburon. However, I think I received the tail end of my server's bad day. He wasn't unfriendly or discourteous; he simply seemed distracted. We nearly missed our after-dinner plans because, after specifically asking for our check and then waiting over 20 minutes, I still had to go walking through the restaurant to find our server and get our check. All that said, the food here was and always has been quite delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always our FavoriteLoveGoodFoodDined on 9/13/2014A secret gem for my wife and I. We enjoy the patio and always order the scallop appetizer. The food is consistently excellent. This is somewhere I can take friends and feel confident it will be a nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pjw77Dined on 9/12/2014We had a great dinner at Tiburon. We both had sea food dishes that were excellent. The Ahi Tuna was of high quality and not overpowered by the sauce. I especially like the way the vegetables were cooked...not over done as is often the case! The service was quite good, and we would definitely recommend it to others. Outdoors is probably the preferable seating area when warm.Special Features:
- Hidden gem with GREAT foodluvsgoodfoodDined on 9/11/2014I needed to find a place to take my husband for his birthday, so I did some research and came across Tiburon. I decided to make a reservation online which was very easy to do. Our waitress was great and kept our drinks refilled as needed. My husband had the Elk and I had the swordfish. Both were excellent along with all of the sides, appetizers, etc... We will surely be back when another special occasion comes up. Thanks for the wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JdawgVIPDined on 9/9/2014Food was delicious and the service outstanding! Quaint setting off the beaten path.Special Features:
- Romantic dinner.Gr84dateDined on 9/9/2014My wife and I had a romantic dinner it was quiet yet private enough to talk comfortably the food was exceptional as always, the crab cakes are a must have!!! The swordfish special was cooked perfectly and well accompanied. We can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great special occasion spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014We had our 43rd anniversary dinner at Tiburon everything was great from appetitizer to dessert. We will surely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An absolute MUST GO TO RestaurantRockstar17Dined on 9/7/2014I have traveled the world and have always tried Specialty Chef Restaurants everywhere I go. I consider Tiburon to be in my Top 3 Favorite Restaurants in the World. Hard to believe we found it on a little side street in Sandy, Ut. Every dish is a fantastic creation and we take everyone that comes to visit us to Tiburon !Special Features:
- fantasticLoveggodfoodDined on 9/5/2014The service was just fantastic and the food is so good a little pricey but for a date or anniversary it is well worth the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great weekly specials, upscale dineOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014Great tasting food and the service is second to none. Quiet friendly atmosphere with a homey feel. Always my choice whenever friends are in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/29/2014Food was great, service was excellent. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- OutstandingBecktomDined on 8/28/2014We went to this restaurant after I bought a voucher from Amazon local (a real great deal - a $40 voucher for only $20!!). We've never heard of the restaurant before so we decided to try and we were not disappointed. The service and the food is outstanding. Our waiter shows up at the appropriate time to clear our table of the extra dishes and just very attentive to our needs, refilling our water glass, etc. My husband had the elk and I tried the seared Ahi tuna and it's one of the best in the area. Beautiful location for special location.Special Features:
- luvthatfood2Dined on 8/22/2014Celebrated my husband's birthday there. Service was outstanding and informative about the food and wine as well as very attentive.Special Features:
- Reliably excellent food/serviceCook4myselfDined on 8/22/2014If you're in the mood for meat, Tiburon is a great place. Vegans/vegetarians would not find the menu welcoming. The meat is very high quality and well-prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service but pricey16pawsVIPDined on 8/22/2014Food and service met expectations, but in my opinion, the menu is overpriced. $45 - $55 for entree specials is excessive in Utah. That said, the quality of the food and the attentiveness of the staff made for a nice night out.Special Features: