Tiburon Fine Dining
8256 S. 700 E.
Sandy, UT 84070Neighborhood:
Holladay / Midvale / Sandy / Union
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Tiburon Fine Dining
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.tiburonfinedining.com/
- Phone: 8012551200
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Wild Game, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Ken Rose
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have a private room available for a minimum charge that seats up to 40
- Private Party Contact: Ken Rose 8012551200
A word from Tiburon Fine Dining
Tiburon Fine Dining has quietly become one of Utah's premier restaurants. Tiburon is located in the south end of the Salt Lake valley in an unassuming building that formerly housed a fruit stand. But don't be fooled, Tiburon serves award-winning contemporary American cuisine ranging from pan-seared Beef Tenderloin with Foie Gras and Madiera syrup to Black Sesame-Crusted Ahi Tuna with Honey and Soy Marinated Carrots. The Crab Cakes consistently win best in the state and the salads are raved about by the locals. But it does not end with the food, service is always top-notch. Led by a staff that has been with owners since its opening in 1999, guests always feel welcomed in the warm and friendly atmosphere. And in the Summer with it's patio dining. Tiburon is the place to dine in the South Valley.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Tiburon Fine Dining - Best Restaurants in Holladay / Midvale / Sandy / Union ›
Tiburon Fine Dining reviews from OpenTable diners
110 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (80)romantic (68)great for outdoor dining (52)fit for foodies (47)neighborhood gem (45)notable wine list (23)good for groups (14)late-night find (4)hot spot (4)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/19/2014Must say that the other night, was a HUGE, improvement, do not know what they did, maybe put the right people in their places. Overall, Fantastic, will and would recommend to all I know. Thank You Tiburon, Staff:)Special Features:
- Perfect as alwayslovetodine3Dined on 10/17/2014We dined here tonight for our special occasion and as always it was absolute perfection. One of the most romantic dinners ever! We will definitely go back again and again!!Special Features:
- Special OccasionGPC5VIPDined on 10/17/2014We brought our daughter (17) here for a special occasion and had a wonderful experience. The restaurant is warm and comfortable, the service excellent and the food delicious. Two of us took advantage of the "split plate" option, which was perfect. We did bring in our own wine, and the restaurant handled that beautifully. It was truly a memorable evening, and the highlight was our visit to Tiburon.Special Features:
- VeggiesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014We had the Filet and it was great, and the potatoes were good. but the carrots and beets were as hard as rocks, it might be a good idea to cook these more or steam them!Special Features:
- Steak yum!!FirstimerDined on 10/15/2014My wife got the salmon, I got the steak! Wife loved salmon. Best New York steak I have had. Great atmosphere. The waiter was kind of all business and not all that personable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/12/2014much, better then the last time. Think they put the "right" people, in the "Right", places. Overall, very, Very Good:)Special Features:
- A great night outdcecfpDined on 10/7/2014This was our second visit to Tiburon and we enjoyed it even more than the first. We're not big portion eaters so tried the "split plate" with the filet. You get 1/2 the entree and a regular salad, vegetables, sorbet and bread. Just right! The steak was tender and flavorful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love this place,Best food in SLCTheLoveClanDined on 10/4/2014This is our favorite special occasion place to eat. Best food in SLC and maybe in Utah overall. Awesome fresh items from their garden if you come in the summer/fall time. Steaks, Fish, Elk all amazing. Caprese is amazing with fresh Heirloom tomatoes, goat cheese, etc. Must visit this place at least once.Special Features:
- DisappointedLuv2EatDined on 9/29/2014While there was nothing bad about our dinner, there was also nothing great about it. We don't routinely spend $150 (including one bottle of champagne) for dinner for two, so I guess we expect something above average. We shared the scallop appetizer which was very tasty but slightly under-cooked. The salad (which was included) was okay but nothing special. The filet was cooked to our request but the mushroom sauce was overpowering and too thick and sweet for our tastes. The garlic mashed potatoes did not have any garlic flavor and arrived lukewarm at best. The five green beans were excellent and the sorbet between courses was a nice touch. The ambiance is nice and the service was good.
- was good up until...foodiebluesDined on 9/29/2014the waitress took plates away while one member at our table was still eating. she then asked if folks wanted desert 'before' the person had even finished their plate. WRONG. That is the level of service I'd expect at Denny's, certainly NOT at a restaurant that touts quality food and service. It was un-crowed, and we were perplexed by the poor service, as usually we receive good service. This 'was' one of our favorite places to dine, not so sure we will come back. Please train your staff to a level expected of your restaurant.plates are served to the table on the right and cleared from the left, there is NO stacking of plates in front of customers or reaching over customers plates, it's not rocket science, just basic food service 101.Special Features:
- best food in Salt Lake areaSandyUTFoodieDined on 9/27/2014The atmosphere is ok, awful tile floor and cheap looking furniture, but the food is FANTASTIC. Had a fabulous pork tenderloin and started with amazing crab cakes. Great cocktails. Great server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/19/2014We had driven by Tiburon so many times and had never stopped. When looking for a restaurant with really good food before a concert, we thought that we would finally give this a try and we were not disappointed. We were able to sit on the patio on a gorgeous fall evening. The scallops were perfectly cooked as an appetizer. All entrees come with a salad that has apples and pecans. We enjoyed the swordfish special that came with fresh corn and crab salad as well as the salmon with bacon and leeks. Both were excellent! For dessert we shared the creme brulee, which was also excellent. While the food was fantastic, the thing that will keep us coming back is the excellent, and attentive service. Tom was the ultimate professional.Special Features:
- Mediocrejd18Dined on 9/18/2014I love fine dining and am not opposed to paying high prices. I expect a spectacular entree for $42, not just mediocre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as had hopedChicagoDined on 9/16/2014We were in from out of town and saw that this place had good reviews but were disappointed by the service and some of the food. A couple of us had the steak and loved it but the mashed potatoes were nasty. I've never disliked mashed potatoes at a restaurant so this was a first for me. Each of the four of us had something wrong with our meal. The service was not equal to type of restaurant Tiburon is trying to be. One person asked for their fish to be spiced hot and it came out with no spice. He asked the waiter about it and he said he forgot and would bring out another. When he did, it had a sweet, not spicy sauce on it. Another person asked for coffee and it was never served.
- As always, deliciousJCallDined on 9/13/2014I have had bad days at work before—we all have—and I want to say that I have enjoyed impeccable service each of the dozen or more times I've eaten at Tiburon. However, I think I received the tail end of my server's bad day. He wasn't unfriendly or discourteous; he simply seemed distracted. We nearly missed our after-dinner plans because, after specifically asking for our check and then waiting over 20 minutes, I still had to go walking through the restaurant to find our server and get our check. All that said, the food here was and always has been quite delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always our FavoriteLoveGoodFoodDined on 9/13/2014A secret gem for my wife and I. We enjoy the patio and always order the scallop appetizer. The food is consistently excellent. This is somewhere I can take friends and feel confident it will be a nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pjw77Dined on 9/12/2014We had a great dinner at Tiburon. We both had sea food dishes that were excellent. The Ahi Tuna was of high quality and not overpowered by the sauce. I especially like the way the vegetables were cooked...not over done as is often the case! The service was quite good, and we would definitely recommend it to others. Outdoors is probably the preferable seating area when warm.Special Features:
- Hidden gem with GREAT foodluvsgoodfoodDined on 9/11/2014I needed to find a place to take my husband for his birthday, so I did some research and came across Tiburon. I decided to make a reservation online which was very easy to do. Our waitress was great and kept our drinks refilled as needed. My husband had the Elk and I had the swordfish. Both were excellent along with all of the sides, appetizers, etc... We will surely be back when another special occasion comes up. Thanks for the wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JdawgVIPDined on 9/9/2014Food was delicious and the service outstanding! Quaint setting off the beaten path.Special Features:
- Romantic dinner.Gr84dateDined on 9/9/2014My wife and I had a romantic dinner it was quiet yet private enough to talk comfortably the food was exceptional as always, the crab cakes are a must have!!! The swordfish special was cooked perfectly and well accompanied. We can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great special occasion spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014We had our 43rd anniversary dinner at Tiburon everything was great from appetitizer to dessert. We will surely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An absolute MUST GO TO RestaurantRockstar17Dined on 9/7/2014I have traveled the world and have always tried Specialty Chef Restaurants everywhere I go. I consider Tiburon to be in my Top 3 Favorite Restaurants in the World. Hard to believe we found it on a little side street in Sandy, Ut. Every dish is a fantastic creation and we take everyone that comes to visit us to Tiburon !Special Features:
- fantasticLoveggodfoodDined on 9/5/2014The service was just fantastic and the food is so good a little pricey but for a date or anniversary it is well worth the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great weekly specials, upscale dineOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014Great tasting food and the service is second to none. Quiet friendly atmosphere with a homey feel. Always my choice whenever friends are in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/29/2014Food was great, service was excellent. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- OutstandingBecktomDined on 8/28/2014We went to this restaurant after I bought a voucher from Amazon local (a real great deal - a $40 voucher for only $20!!). We've never heard of the restaurant before so we decided to try and we were not disappointed. The service and the food is outstanding. Our waiter shows up at the appropriate time to clear our table of the extra dishes and just very attentive to our needs, refilling our water glass, etc. My husband had the elk and I tried the seared Ahi tuna and it's one of the best in the area. Beautiful location for special location.Special Features:
- luvthatfood2Dined on 8/22/2014Celebrated my husband's birthday there. Service was outstanding and informative about the food and wine as well as very attentive.Special Features:
- Reliably excellent food/serviceCook4myselfDined on 8/22/2014If you're in the mood for meat, Tiburon is a great place. Vegans/vegetarians would not find the menu welcoming. The meat is very high quality and well-prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service but pricey16pawsVIPDined on 8/22/2014Food and service met expectations, but in my opinion, the menu is overpriced. $45 - $55 for entree specials is excessive in Utah. That said, the quality of the food and the attentiveness of the staff made for a nice night out.Special Features:
- Tiburon Fine DiningjeffbassmanDined on 8/21/2014This is a hidden Sandy city gem. Have always had amazing food with great service. They even use fresh produce that they grow onsite. DeliciousSpecial Features:
- JudyDWDined on 8/19/2014Outstanding preparation and presentation! Loved it! P.S. The beautiful grapevines growing in the front before entering were a special treat in the urban city!Special Features:
- Tiburon Fine Dining in Midvale, UT.JerryB2272Dined on 8/17/2014Food was outstanding. Nice outdoor seating available. Wait staff very knowledgeable & helpful. Enjoyable evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time dining hereMaryMBDined on 8/16/2014Don't know why we had never dined at Tiburon but we will be back. The menu is very limited in its choice of entrees. We had the roast chicken which had a wonderful sauce served over grits and several very good veggies. The house salad was delicious. The wine list is reasonable. I wish they offered a couple of pasta dishes. We are not fond of elk, their signature dish, nor tuna nor lamb and were not in the mood for steak so the only option was chicken. Our waitress was outstanding, attentive but not hovering. We would have liked to have been seated on the patio but apparently you must ask for this when making a reservation because a couple of minutes after we were seated inside, two couples were seated outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerBdaygirlDined on 8/16/2014Outstanding selection of entrees and amazing desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful foodSamboDined on 8/16/2014My husband and I went for a special occasion and the good food made it truly special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- change in ribeye presentationoldguys2Dined on 8/16/2014I was disappointed to see that the ribeyes were sliced. While they were easier to eat, there was obviously much less meat. For $41 that is unacceptable. Also, my steak, even though sliced so it was clearly visible, was not medium rare, but very, very rare. I felt this time that the food for the price was not as good. In fact, we decided that we could go somewhere else and get food for comparable quality, for much less money. This is sad for us, as we have been going to Tiburon for several years, especially for, but not limited to, special occasions. This was actually the second time I have had to send my steak back in the last few visits. The waitress was great!Special Features:
- AmazingDinersDined on 8/15/2014Loved this place. The food was spectacular. The ambiance was amazing. Such a relaxing and romantic setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time - fresh fabulous food!mugsypianomomDined on 8/15/2014We celebrated our 33rd anniversary here and were NOT disappointed. We had the lamb and the elk. Both were well prepared and very tender. The service was excellent, and the food was fresh and first quality. Carefully prepared and beautifully presented. We enjoyed touring the vegetable garden afterwards. An anniversary dinner to remember. We will be back!Special Features:
- Delicious ElkluvfoodDined on 8/14/2014I missed Elk, now I know where to go for such a delicious rendition of how elk should be prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timerSillySunshineDined on 8/9/2014Location was a little off the normal path in which one would locate "fine dining." However, once inside and seated, everything settled nicely into place. Everything was well worth the price of admission. Food presentation, excellent, taste, excellent, atmosphere, excellent, waiter, little goofy at times, but it made it fun. Wife and I celebrating our anniversary and wanted to do something different than say a Christopher's. After dinner and the drive home, we both said we will be back. The elk, halibut, and the dessert was great. We brought our own wine but their list wasn't too bad.Special Features: