Tiburon Fine Dining
8256 S. 700 E.
Sandy, UT 84070Neighborhood:
Holladay / Midvale / Sandy / Union
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Tiburon Fine Dining
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.tiburonfinedining.com/
- Phone: (801) 255-1200
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Wild Game, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Ken Rose
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have a private room available for a minimum charge that seats up to 40
- Private Party Contact: Ken Rose 8012551200
A word from Tiburon Fine Dining
Tiburon Fine Dining has quietly become one of Utah's premier restaurants. Tiburon is located in the south end of the Salt Lake valley in an unassuming building that formerly housed a fruit stand. But don't be fooled, Tiburon serves award-winning contemporary American cuisine ranging from pan-seared Beef Tenderloin with Foie Gras and Madiera syrup to Black Sesame-Crusted Ahi Tuna with Honey and Soy Marinated Carrots. The Crab Cakes consistently win best in the state and the salads are raved about by the locals. But it does not end with the food, service is always top-notch. Led by a staff that has been with owners since its opening in 1999, guests always feel welcomed in the warm and friendly atmosphere. And in the Summer with it's patio dining. Tiburon is the place to dine in the South Valley.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Tiburon Fine Dining - Best Restaurants in Holladay / Midvale / Sandy / Union ›
Tiburon Fine Dining reviews from OpenTable diners
105 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (80)romantic (60)fit for foodies (49)neighborhood gem (48)great for outdoor dining (44)notable wine list (25)good for groups (14)hot spot (5)great for brunch (3)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- JudyDWDined on 8/19/2014Outstanding preparation and presentation! Loved it! P.S. The beautiful grapevines growing in the front before entering were a special treat in the urban city!Special Features:
- Tiburon Fine Dining in Midvale, UT.JerryB2272Dined on 8/17/2014Food was outstanding. Nice outdoor seating available. Wait staff very knowledgeable & helpful. Enjoyable evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time dining hereMaryMBDined on 8/16/2014Don't know why we had never dined at Tiburon but we will be back. The menu is very limited in its choice of entrees. We had the roast chicken which had a wonderful sauce served over grits and several very good veggies. The house salad was delicious. The wine list is reasonable. I wish they offered a couple of pasta dishes. We are not fond of elk, their signature dish, nor tuna nor lamb and were not in the mood for steak so the only option was chicken. Our waitress was outstanding, attentive but not hovering. We would have liked to have been seated on the patio but apparently you must ask for this when making a reservation because a couple of minutes after we were seated inside, two couples were seated outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerBdaygirlDined on 8/16/2014Outstanding selection of entrees and amazing desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful foodSamboDined on 8/16/2014My husband and I went for a special occasion and the good food made it truly special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- change in ribeye presentationoldguys2Dined on 8/16/2014I was disappointed to see that the ribeyes were sliced. While they were easier to eat, there was obviously much less meat. For $41 that is unacceptable. Also, my steak, even though sliced so it was clearly visible, was not medium rare, but very, very rare. I felt this time that the food for the price was not as good. In fact, we decided that we could go somewhere else and get food for comparable quality, for much less money. This is sad for us, as we have been going to Tiburon for several years, especially for, but not limited to, special occasions. This was actually the second time I have had to send my steak back in the last few visits. The waitress was great!Special Features:
- AmazingDinersDined on 8/15/2014Loved this place. The food was spectacular. The ambiance was amazing. Such a relaxing and romantic setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time - fresh fabulous food!mugsypianomomDined on 8/15/2014We celebrated our 33rd anniversary here and were NOT disappointed. We had the lamb and the elk. Both were well prepared and very tender. The service was excellent, and the food was fresh and first quality. Carefully prepared and beautifully presented. We enjoyed touring the vegetable garden afterwards. An anniversary dinner to remember. We will be back!Special Features:
- Delicious ElkluvfoodDined on 8/14/2014I missed Elk, now I know where to go for such a delicious rendition of how elk should be prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timerSillySunshineDined on 8/9/2014Location was a little off the normal path in which one would locate "fine dining." However, once inside and seated, everything settled nicely into place. Everything was well worth the price of admission. Food presentation, excellent, taste, excellent, atmosphere, excellent, waiter, little goofy at times, but it made it fun. Wife and I celebrating our anniversary and wanted to do something different than say a Christopher's. After dinner and the drive home, we both said we will be back. The elk, halibut, and the dessert was great. We brought our own wine but their list wasn't too bad.Special Features:
- This Place is AWESOME!SwayDined on 8/9/2014Jen was our server and she was fantastic! ask for her! the food is absolutely amazing as well. You cannot go wrong with this place for a special occasion or a fancy date. simply amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious foodpinkindyDined on 8/9/2014We really enjoyed our meal. I had the duck, my husband had the Elk and both were exceptional. Outdoor seating was very nice, because you really aren't in any direct sunlight due to all the nice trees and positioning of building. Great ambiance and will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasureAddicted2fudDined on 8/5/2014Tiburon is consistently excellent. In an era where some idea start out great and the deviate from their initial inspiration, Tiburon has consistently held to the core principles of what makes it a great restaurant. Eclectic cuisine, stunning presentation and great service... Well done! Thank you!Special Features:
- Wonderful food & atmosphere!FineeaterDined on 8/2/2014We had a fabulous dining experience! Our server Preston was excellent, the food was delicious. Our Pretty Pink Martini was yummy and the wine selection was affordable and very good quality. We look forward to returning.Special Features:
- Great dinner!kkgfDined on 8/1/2014Tiburon was a great dinner choice! We were treated to the sight of a huge vegetable garden behind the restauran -- it promised a lot of really good, fresh food. The meal started with appetizers of mussels in a garlic and wine sauce that my son said was the best he ever had; my crab cakes were also delicious. This was followed by a tasty salad of fresh greens. Then an excellent watermelon sorbet. For entrees, my son had the rack of lamb with polenta and fresh vegetables. I liked the creativity of the vegetable medley -- asparagus, new carrots, and beets on a bed of spaghetti squash. My grilled halibut was also perfectly cooked. We will certainly return to Tiburon next time we are in Salt Lake.Special Features:
- Wonderful atmosphereLove2eatDined on 7/31/2014I met my husband for dinner and an amazing meal. Dinner and dessert was amazing and the service outstanding.Special Features:
- TiburonTiburonDined on 7/31/2014Tiburon is one of our favorite places to celebrate not only special occasions but to celebrate each other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/30/2014The reception area seemed a bit disorganized-unconventionable perhaps. However, the staff was pleasant and helpful. Our waitress was fantastic. She was knowledgable about the menu and wine list and was quite helpful. The food was wonderful. Excellent lamb. The atmosphere at the outside seating was very pleasant. Great experience. I definitely plan to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Compliments to the chef-Must visit!FoodieKDDined on 7/29/2014This was an excellent dining experience. The flavors this chef incorporates make every moment of the meal a pure delight - from appetizers to dessert, everything was tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 900 reviews are from the Tiburon Fine Dining reviews archive.
- Mouth Watering Cuisine!!!Hungry4moreDined on 7/19/2014Tiburon has been a favorite for years, but we hadn't been there for a while. We remembered all over again why we loved it so much to begin with. Every bite from the appetizer to the salad to the sorbet to the entrée was absolutely delicious and bursting with flavor. I had wished that the sorbet was the pear, which we had last time, rather than the watermelon, but it was still delicious. I have tried to replicate their squash at home but have never been able to make mine so flavorful and rich. All in all, we had a wonderful night with excellent service and food. While the price makes it a luxury we can't enjoy all the time, my mouth waters for the next time we go to Tiburon.Special Features:
- OutstandingSouthJordanDined on 7/17/2014Excellent menu with each item being prepared exceptionally well. Great wine list and selection of local brews as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite RestaurantsummerDined on 7/11/2014Food, atmosphere and service is beyond excellent! The menu has variety. The presentation is fabulous. Never feel rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/3/2014I must say that based on the reviews I read, I had high expectations. The food did not disappoint! The location is tricky since it is on a main road and since it is fine dining, the outside of the place does not look like a fine restaurant. However, once our food arrived, I was hooked. I will be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, odd atmosphereEasyTigerDined on 7/3/2014Tiburon sits in an old repurposed house in Sandy. The walls have been decorated nicely but you can still tell you're in an old house. It's a little different. The food is great but the menu doesn't change much so you can only go a few times unless you want to repeat the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Usually greatfoodeeDined on 7/3/2014The food is usually great. ..but the halibut special was overcooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/29/2014We have been to Tiberon many times. It is one of our favorites. We enjoy the salads and desserts. Great job.Special Features:
- TiaRose99TiaRose99Dined on 6/28/2014Excellent service and wonderful food. If you want great food and fine dining, I would recommend the Tiburon. The Pork belly was excellent. The sauces over our main entrée were delicious. I had the Elk and it was wonderful. If you like fine dining, great food and service, then you must go to this restaurant! Thank you Chef and the staff of Tiburon for making my night!Special Features:
- My favorite restaurantlovetodine3Dined on 6/27/2014Im still waiting for the Chilian Sea Bass to come back as a special........hurry please!! Otherwise, it was very good as always. However, the steak was tough this time and the waitress, was so kind and gave another one to replace it and the second time it was great. Love this place!!Special Features:
- bubbaDined on 6/27/2014We have eaten here quite a few times. We are never disappointed. Always where I want to go for anniversary or birthday dinner. Love, love, love the compound butter. I could make a meal on that and salad. But we also get the elk. Keep up the good food!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experience!sbllivingwellDined on 6/26/2014The food is always of the highest quality. While the food is my number one priority, my second is the service. There is nothing worse than a restaurant that has wonderful food but poor service, this is never the case at Tiburon. The service is always excellent, such a pleasure!Special Features:
- Another Great DinnerFrescoDined on 6/20/2014Third time at Tiburon and each has been successful. Seated promptly, great service and very good food; can't help you with the wine list because I don't drink. I think the menu is limited, compared to other good restaurants, but we have found something interesting on visit. Tenderloin was wonderful and cooked to order perfectly. My halibut special was slightly over cooked but still very good. No choice on salads, just the house edition which was good. Chocolate mouse was very good and large, big enough to share for us after a big meal. The outside dining area is very nice and quiet but you will need to request it in your reservation if you want to be sure of a table there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JLMaybsDined on 6/17/2014There is nothing exiting about the resturant , way to expensive to be a family place , not cozy or scenic enough to be a romantic place . I had the Elk , ( which was excelent probably the best in town ) but thereafter , nothing special about the rest of the food. Service was also good , but nothing over the top. If you can afford it , its a good solid resturant that probably won't let you down but in its price range Im looking for a WOW factor that somehow never came to the surface.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine diningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/16/2014Tiberon is absolutely one of the best restaurants in Salt Lake City. The menu is outstanding and offers a great variety. Their prices are a bit high for their serving sizes but that is normal for fine restaurants. I love their tenderloin of beef and have now gotten it the past two times we've visited the restaurant. You can almost cut it with a fork it is that tender. I would recommend this restaurant to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RelaxingGr84dateDined on 6/14/2014Great food in a relaxing friendly environment the menu is full of unusual original choices that make you want to come back and try something different each time..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is amazing.Cindiof7sistersDined on 6/14/2014Wonderful food. Great atmosphere. Small, and intimate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ROBERTDined on 6/14/2014THIS WAS OUR FIRST EXPERIENCE WITH THE RESTUARANT. WE WERE IMPRESSED WITH THE EXCELLENT SERVICE AND FOOD. A GREAT RESTUARANT FOR SPECIAL OCCASIONS . OUR SERVER WAS THE BEST. THANKS FOR A GREAT TIMESpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently WonderfuldiningoutDined on 6/14/2014Time after time, our dining experience with Tiburon is always consistently wonderful. The food is as good as one can get anywhere in the valley. The service is impeccable and is hard to beat. We love dining outside and the setting, now updated improved, makes it even better. Still our favorite place to dine. Thanks Tiburon for never disappointing us.Special Features:
- Delicious and beautifulshjeppDined on 6/13/2014Everything was excellent! From the food to the decor. I had the lamb and my boyfriend had the elk and both were superb! Beautiful patio and wonderful service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Patio was greatBobBVIPDined on 6/13/2014The patio was great, service was excellent, had appitizer and the they did allow time before bringing out salad, wine was good. Tried the Elk and it was great, would reccomend it. Have been there numerous times and have never been disappointedSpecial Features:
- Not a place I would returnfoodiesDined on 6/9/2014I was visiting from out of town hoping to be wowed! Instead I was served warm cocktails, like warm appetizers (not hot), and dinner that was good but not great. My waitress was new...hence our dirty plates were left on the table throughout our meal. I would NOT recommended this restaurant to anyone.