2700 Colorado Ave. #190
Santa Monica, CA 90404Neighborhood:
Fusion / EclecticPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tiato.com/
- Phone: (310) 866-5228
- Hours of Operation:
Cafe + Market: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm
Breakfast: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 10:30am
Lunch: Monday - Friday, 11:30am - 3:00pm
Gourmet Quick Serve: Monday - Friday, 3:00pm - 5:00pm
Sunday Brunch Starting June 9th! Sundays, 11:00am - 3:00pm
Extended hours of operation available for private parties. Please contact our catering team for details, 323.460.2645.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Fusion / Eclectic
- Executive Chef: Chef Helene An
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Delivery, Fireplace, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Tiato offers amazing catering options through our catering company An Catering and is Santa Monica's newest venue space. For more information on An Catering visit ancatering.com or visit the "Venue Space" section of tiato.com.
- Special Events: With Tiato and An Catering, the famed “Chef to the Stars” Helene An of Crustacean Restaurant brings to you a delicate mingling of Eastern and Western flavors in a sophisticated, eco-chic venue. An Catering’s luscious cuisine will entice your guests to come back for seconds. Give in to the sweet seduction, and allow Tiato + An Catering’s visual design team and culinary stylists to work their magic. No event is too large, no detail too small for our special touch. In addition to providing delectable cuisine and exquisite service, Tiato + An Catering will transform any simple event into an unforgettable experience.
- Cross Street: Between Stewart & 26th St.
- Public Transit: It is easy to get to 2700 Colorado using Santa Monica's famed Big Blue Bus!
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Tiato offers parking underneath the 2600-2700 Colorado Building. Before 5pm Tiato validates for 2 hours free parking and parking is completely free after 5pm with validation M-F. Weekend parking is also complimentary, a great bonus to consider when planning your private event!
A word from Tiato
Tiato is a unique breakfast, lunch, and event venue concept centered on the notion of eating well for your body and soul. A completely fresh and fast direction for House of An, Tiato offers a culinary philosophy that can be described as healthy Asian American Kitchen cuisine. Housed in a diverse, eco-friendly environment that's committed to using sustainable materials, Tiato features full-service dining in its eco-chic dining room and expansive outdoor garden patio, in addition to a gourmet grab 'n go area, a wine bar, an exciting market, and a venue space that is also the new home of House of An’s catering division, An Catering.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Tiato reviews from OpenTable diners
30 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (26)great for outdoor dining (25)neighborhood gem (15)good for groups (14)fit for foodies (13)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (4)special occasion (3)hot spot (2)romantic (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Great Work LunchLaurenWDined on 11/18/2014I made a reservation for a work lunch at Tiato. I had been there before and have enjoyed each experience. I forget our servers name but he recommended some great dishes. Everyone's food came out hot at the same time. I enjoyed the chicken curry very much. I did not have to wait for the check which was nice too. I will be taking clients here in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent for Friday lunchWhatisthisVIPDined on 11/7/2014Tiato is alway excellent for Friday lunch. The garlic noodles with shrimp is a goto favorite on Fridays.Special Features:
- Sub parOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 11/7/2014Service takes too long, food is bland and overpriced.Special Features:
- tiato reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/3/2014this restaurant has great food but extremely slow service. not sure what the problem is --- whether it's kitchen or wait staff or crowds/timing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Garlic Noodles... UmmmWhatisthisVIPDined on 10/3/2014The Garlic noodles with shrimp were excellent as always. Keep up the good work!Special Features:
- mljgalVIPDined on 9/26/2014This was our first visit and we will go back. Interesting menu and it has an attached Market/Take Out which looked great too. 2 hours garage parking with validation makes lunch quick and easy.Special Features:
- Garlic noodles, ummm!WhatisthisVIPDined on 9/19/2014Garlic noodle Fridays...great as usual! Garlic noodle Fridays...great as usual! Garlic noodle Fridays...great as usual! Garlic noodle Fridays...great as usual!Special Features:
- BrooklynGirlVIPDined on 8/20/2014Always a lovely dining experience. We come back again and again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Patio for diningOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/6/2014I have eaten here several times and the food has always been delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pho-King Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/5/2014Great place near our office, where we go frequently, as the food & service are great...best Chicken Pho ever...!Special Features:
- The following 107 reviews are from the Tiato reviews archive.
- Excellent for Friday lunchWhatisthisVIPDined on 7/18/2014Tiato is excellent for lunch on Fridays. Order the garlic noodles and you will be happy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Garlic noodles... UmmmWhatisthisVIPDined on 6/27/2014Excellent garlic noodles with shrimp on Fridays! 50 characters.Special Features:
- Creative Food for Creative PeopleCorianderDined on 6/5/2014People watching as much fun as the food. Seasonings are unusual, well plated. Interesting menu whether you're looking for something light or making a real meal of it. Lovely patio dining.Special Features:
- WhyOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/28/2014Too expensive...$20 for a Caesar salad that is offered as a special?! No thanks.
- delicious unique foodvb4lynneDined on 4/15/2014We were looking forward to dining at Tiato. We loved how quiet it was in the outdoor dining patio. I didn't know that the restaurant was going to be so big. The food was really good. I especially liked the eggplant tofu. I gave the restaurant 3 stars because the waiter did not come back for more than 15 minutes to take our order. It might have been 20 minutes. I can see how others gave a low rating for service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE THIS RESTAURANTsusieVIPDined on 3/25/2014Other than when I was checking in and there seemed to be some confusion in seating us, all else was quite outstanding and really delicious!Special Features:
- Great, but could pick up the pacealikona01Dined on 3/13/2014Everything about this place is lovely, but you would think that since it's part of an office building, the lunch service would be faster. If they could speed things up, I would lunch there more often.Special Features:
- Outdoor paradisejaowDined on 3/11/2014A great place for lunch because of the beautiful garden and plantings. An interesting menu with healthful choices, many of them Vietnamese. Our wait staff was excellent. One must sit outside in the beautiful garden where we were greeted and served refreshing water flavored with cucumber, oranges and lemons. I plan to return with friends.Special Features:
- Great Lunchmotherof2Dined on 3/10/2014I work in the Water Garden, restaurant is close and easy to walk to. Great selection it was hard to decide. Beautiful day in Santa Monica. We ate outside. It was hard to go back to the office.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top notchfrequentdinerDined on 3/6/2014Excellent everything! Great food, attentive staff and wonderful eating outdoors. Going back next week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pho?TiggerDined on 2/21/2014Love the vibe and feel of the whole place. Chicken pho was a bit bland Bahn mi slider was different and inventive but not super tastySpecial Features:
- OverratedTastersDined on 2/13/2014I was really looking forward to trying Tiato, after reading about their on-site garden and locavore flavors. It was a very pleasant location, and the service was good, but the food was really ordinary. Salty, fried, uninspired. My dining companion was underwhelmed as well.Special Features:
- Nice neighborhood spotJSantaMonicaDined on 2/13/2014Food is very interesting and tasty although ALL of the salad dressings could use a good kick. Nice neighborhood restaurant during a busy day. On a pleasant day, outdoor seating is comfortable although traffic can be noisy from time to time. Service can sometimes be quite slow during peak rush times even when the restaurant isn't full. But everyone is friendly and the atmosphere is casual so sit back and relax. Enjoyable.Special Features:
- DelightfulDianeHVIPDined on 1/31/2014We celebrated Chinese New Year with the garlic noodles from Crustacean Restaurant. PERFECT!Special Features:
- Great Find in TiatoSaraDined on 1/24/2014A beautifully designed, almost retreat-like restaurant. The service was earnestly good and the menu had something for everyone from the health-conscious to the lovers of homey but beautiful Japanese cuisine. The outdoor ambiance was half the enjoyment. I wish them great success without changing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood secretMTSMVIPDined on 1/22/2014Most of their business seems to be from business building lunch crowd. Very nice.Special Features:
- Love this place!LaurenWDined on 12/6/2013I love all the healthy options at this place. I even love that they have the garlic noodles available on Fridays from Crustacean. I tried a juice for the first time and a coffee even those are great. I don't think there is a bad item on the menu. I dined outside with a work group and the service was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Garden DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/13/2013I only have long lunches in the outdoor area. You are able to have a relaxing conversation at the well spaced tables and are not bombarded with loud music. Food is consistently good Service is always attentive. Sat inside once. Will not do that again.Special Features:
- Wonderful Patio DiningPamMDined on 11/6/2013Tiato's outdoor patio is beautiful and so relaxing - I feel like I've eaten lunch and had a "mini vacation" as well! The menu offers a nice variety of entrees, and the presentation is excellent. The day I went with my friends, however, service was rather slow. We needed more than an hour and a half for lunch, which is not do-able sometimes when you're on your lunch break from work. But that will not deter me ... I will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Tiato does not disappointFoodHunterVIPDined on 10/21/2013Tiato has a limited menu, but every item is outstanding. I particularly like the Jidori Airline Chicken entre. The only thing about the food I wish they would do a better job---their fries are not crisp, particularly the sweet potato fries are a bit limpy. This time they were very soft. I like them crisp and standing up!Special Features:
- DelicioushappydinerDined on 10/8/2013Everything I've ever ordered off the menu is delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Sunday BrunchRoseDined on 9/29/2013Beautiful secluded patio. Serene environment. Tables spread apart. Attentive waiter. Validated parking. Good mellow pop/jazz duo. Interesting menu. Good choices even for vegetarians. The eggplant tofu dish was very good. Also good, crabmeat eggs benedict, salmon with corn cake appetizer, quiche. We were there to celebrate a birthday and although Tiato didn't have cake, they served us delicious chocolate brownies with chocolate ice cream that we all loved.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty but poor service!KrisalissDined on 9/22/2013I made a visit on recommendation of a friend. The patio was beautiful the music was nice. Server was not friendly... He was pushy. Did not know the menu. Every cup of coffee I Had was cold. The food came out it looked pretty But my eggs were icy cold. Server did not ask us If we wanted any dessert or to see the dessert menus And then acted annoyed that we asked him. The choices for dessert were boaring. And the mimosas were weak! Tasted like Orange Juice and no champagne . Lame experience over all. Not impressedSpecial Features:
- We love the patio and youOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 9/22/2013We love the patio and you can't beat the garlic noodles. They also do an amazing hamburger.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday FundaysocalfunDined on 9/22/2013If you're looking to escape for a couple of hours, go to Tiato. I escaped on a lovely Sunday morning to have brunch at Tiato. My brunch partner and I sat in the outdoor garden dining area enjoying our bottomless mimosas. Since it was my first visit I had to try their eggs benedict topped with salt & pepper crab. It was delicious. My brunch partner enjoyed the Vienamese Omelet stuffed with an array of fresh vegetables. The server was attentive and pleasant. We had a perfect Zen time in between the cool KJazz.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous as Usual.BrooklynGirlDined on 9/9/2013Tiato is definitely a sure thing. The food and service are always great and we always look forward to dining there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumJeanDined on 9/9/2013The food is great, the service was ok, the server seemed a little disengaged. The parking is a nightmare and that would keep me from going back very often - just too much work to get to the elevator.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch was FunMyplateisfullDined on 9/8/2013Bottomless Mimosas, Beer or Bloody Mary, plus nice, healthy food in a garden patio. I don't want you to go there, so there will be more room for me and my friends! Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great outdoor dining experience!PamMDined on 9/4/2013Seating is available inside as well, but this is a wonderful spot for dining alfresco. Servers are very attentive and the menu is healthy and interesting at the same time. Tiato is true to its mission of "Bringing you health and happiness through food." A variety of vegetable sides are available, and you could easily make a meal by ordering three of them - at a savings of $4 off the individual item pricing. This is a beautiful venue that would work very well for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood Gem, Indeed!slammaJVIPDined on 8/11/2013My friend and I had their mimosa brunch, and we were very impressed by everything Tiato has to offer - the food, service, presentation, music, ambiance. Sunday brunch offers live music that sets a very soothing ambiance. The outdoor patio is charming and spacious enough to give your party its privacy. We ordered the mushroom quiche, pesto baked tomato omelet, and An's famous garlic noodles with shrimp. The food was well-presented and plentiful enough to fill us up. The shrimp on the noodles was really delicious. The service is superb - the staff is attentive and they seem sincere, which is a very important quality that I feel many people lack in LA. The only drawback is that it is mostly a catering venue and brunch lasts until September.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.