Tiara Restaurant - Queen's Landing Hotel
155 Byron Street
Niagara-On-The-Lake, ON L0S 1J0Neighborhood:
Contemporary EuropeanPrice: CAN$51 and over
Tiara Restaurant - Queen's Landing Hotel
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.vintage-hotels.com/queenslanding/dining.htm
- Phone: 9054682195
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 2:30pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Breakfast: Monday - Sunday: 7:00am - 10:30am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary European
- Executive Chef: Mark Lyons
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our award-winning culinary team will create a delectable, original menu for your special event on or off-site.
- Private Party Facilities: Tiara Restaurant has a variety of private dining areas.
- Private Party Contact: Christophe Hermez 9054681362x8119
A word from Tiara Restaurant - Queen's Landing Hotel
You must experience this jewel of a restaurant to believe it. What’s more stunning than its romantic Georgian interior adorned with fresh roses, stained glass ceiling, and panoramic waterfront view? Perhaps its exquisite menu of traditional French cuisine .The entire menu changes with the season, yet always showcases the finest ingredients to be found in Niagara and beyond. Serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner 7 days a week, Tiara also offers a delightful Sunday brunch, pre- and post-theatre dining, and an extensive wine list featuring local vintages and wines from around the world. Your four-diamond culinary extravaganza awaits at Tiara.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Tiara Restaurant - Queen's Landing Hotel - Best Restaurants in Niagara-on-the-lake ›
Tiara Restaurant - Queen's Landing Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
66 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (45)scenic view (40)romantic (34)fit for foodies (29)notable wine list (20)great for outdoor dining (16)good for groups (15)neighborhood gem (13)great for lunch (11)great for brunch (10)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Great Place for a Special OccasionOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/16/2014We dined at Tiara on recently for our anniversary. It was a wonderful experience from start to finish. Jill, our server, brought us rose petals for our table and even gave me a rose to take home for the special occasion. She was so good about explaining the specialty items on the menu, and everything we had was superb. My only complaint was that I was so full after an app and my entrée that I had no room for dessert! Just another reason to return on our next visit to Niagara on the Lake. I can't wait to return in the spring or summer and sit outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanksgiving DinnercjohnstonDined on 10/13/2014We went to Tiara to have a quiet Thanksgiving Dinner. The food was excellent as was the service. Overall a very good special occasion,Special Features:
- Good experiencebeachfoodieDined on 10/12/2014My wife and I wanted a nice quiet and romantic getaway for the weekend. Tiara delivered. We were placed at a window. The food was great and service was good (service was good however he seemed to be friendlier with guests at other tables for some reason). My steak was cooked to perfection as was my wife's thanksgiving dinner special. Good portions left only enough room for us to share a dessert. Nice atmosphere.Special Features:
- vinofinoDined on 10/11/2014Our duck and the wine pairing was fabulous. Our server Rose was exceptional and it was her that really made everything special!! Thank you so much Rose - you're a friendly, attentive professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Food and Service!!DrThoughtDined on 10/1/2014I had requested a table by a window for my wife's and my anniversary. The young and wonderfully pleasant hostess, Erin, cheerfully took us to a perfectly located linen-covered table, with white and red rose petals covering the upper area! Nice touch! Our server, Rudy, couldn't have been more professional, delightful, and accommodating! I had the White Fish special which was perfectly prepared, and equally delicious! The dinner was marvelous and romantic!!!Special Features:
- LunchCorneliaDined on 9/27/2014We had an excellent service but the fries were just overcooked and the burger was nothing special . I will maybe try next time something different or try the dinner menu .the waitress was just amazing I wold sure go back just because of her ! She even packed a special take out desert for our doughter:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing staff.NandjDined on 9/26/2014Restaurant is beautiful, staff were amazing. Very personable and genuinely nice people. Went above and beyond their duties. The only issue we had was being all sat in the same area, with the restaurant being otherwise empty. We realize these were the prime seats with the view, but this meant being able to hear the conversations of those who didnt realize or care everyone could hear them. Sometimes you dont want to hear other peoples conversations. This is not really the restaurant's fault, and the service and food more than made up for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experience!!YanniiDined on 9/25/2014The occasion was an anniversary celebration and it turned out to be right choice. From the moment we entered the restaurant to leaving, the overall experience was memorable. It was my fiancée's first trip to Tiara and she was overwhelm with the restaurant and hotel. Our regret was not staying in the Queens Landing, but we will be back and, this time, we will stay in the hotel. I had mentioned that we were celebrating an anniversary and that fact was recognized by the staff when we entered the restaurant. Our server was great, she brought us flowers throughout the night, was attentive to our needs and regaled us with stories about the hotel and the area. The meal was fantastic (I had the duck and my fiancée had the NY Steak).Special Features:
- Service SuffersBCinDCVIPDined on 9/10/2014A lovely room, delightful menu with delicious food but the service just doesn't match the offering or the price. We were in a pre-theatre rush, however, so I would recommend trying it 7:30pm or later, or anytime on a Monday when the Shaw Festival theatres are dark, to see if things run more smoothly. Servers are doing their best, just understaffed.Special Features:
- skimpy on the shrimpybernDined on 9/9/20143 of us went for a lovely lunch and had a picture perfect view of the harbor and lake. The service was very gracious. We had our pick of the table litters as only one other was occupied. My only "complaint" was the portion on my scampi lunch which was $25. Only 2 good size critters, not enough to justify the price or fill my belly. The accompanying buckwheat grey pasta was visually unappealing and loading the plate to take up space that should have been occupied by another crustacean at least. The cutest part of the meal was the amuse bouche for desert. A wonderful maple ganache with dark chocolate flourish. But otherwise very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over-pricedWorldTravellerDined on 8/31/2014Our visit to Tiara was supposed to be a special treat, as it is quite expensive, but overall the experience was a big disappointment. The decor is nothing special. Our waiter put rose petals on our table (rather than fresh flowers) and we discovered a chunk of squash from a previous diner in the mix! The $10 cosmopolitan tasted like vodka and cranberry juice. The appetizer, at $22, was very tasty but very small. My main course (the lake trout) was wonderful but my husband's steak dinner was "nothing special." The creme brule we had for dessert was too sweet and nothing special--the strawberry jam in the bottom was not a good addition. Definitely not worth $200!
- Excellent mealTradeMarkDined on 8/30/2014We was very impressed with Tiara. The mushroom bisque was delicious. The Caesar salad was smooth and not overpowering. The duck breast and white fish entrees were impeccable. Service was first rate, attentive and pleasant. The ambiance was romantic and classy. We really enjoyed this meal. The price tag is high, but worth the splurge.Special Features:
- Doesn't stop at perfectionLyublanaDined on 8/30/2014The service and management of the restaurant is way above great. Truly an enjoyable place to dine. Very accommodating wait staff and kitchen for any special needs or desires. One of the few area restaurants with a list of locally grown wines from many if not all of the vineyards. Locavares and others will delight in the fresh food so expertly and sensitively prepared and everything is done in-house. Vegetarians will have a great time, too. Watch out for the bread offerings. Difficult to stop eating. Very reasonable liquor pricing. Surprisingly competitive pricing of wine, too. Most of all this establishment has never wavered in its commitment to fine dining and just keeps getting better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very traditional, very goodHank44224Dined on 8/29/2014This a more traditional, elegant place to dine. Food was excellent. Service was excellent.Special Features:
- Problems.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/26/2014It appeared the Tiara, uncustomarily, was either short staffed or having problems in the kitchen Wine (one glass each) was the first thing ordered but did not arrive until AFTER starter salads, bread, rolls had been served. Main entrees were slow in coming. The meal took an hour and 45 minutes to complete. The server did everything she could to make up for the problems and was very attentive. The difficulties were elsewhere. The food ,as usual, was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tries too hardtable42Dined on 8/23/2014This formal restaurant had the prices that I expected but the quality of the too-too menu was not deserving of the prices. I thought it was the restaurant the "tried too hard". And, it was not the fault of the restaurant or the hotel that there was an actual fire in one of the banquet rooms. Actually, that was the nice part of the evening since we talked to our fellow diners when we were evacuated. The staff worked hard to not have a high delay when we returned to the dining room about 30 minutes later. Although it was not their fault, dessert or a glass of wine should have been offered on the house for the disturbance. Someone had mentioned that the tables probably had to be cleared since our food had sat there. Uhj uh.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/20/2014Many other restaurants beat out our experience here, Overpriced and we do not mind paying for great food, this was just OK. Loved the roses on the table and server was good. Food did not excite us.
- Great Lunch!!!4divas0820Dined on 8/20/2014I have a great day at your restaurant. The ambiance is so nice. And the food is great. I really want to go back again at your place to try your brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentMauzieDined on 8/16/2014Wonderful meal with excellent service. Queens Landing has quite a gem of a restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- stubabeVIPDined on 8/10/2014At best an average brunch especially for the priceSpecial Features:
- DisappointingWinedoctorVIPDined on 8/10/2014We had Sunday brunch at Tiara. The restaurant is nice but very cookie cutter hotel breakfast restaurant in its decor. The disappointing part was the quality of the food on the buffet. Everything was just "ok", nothing was very good. It was kind of like one of the buffets at a Disney World resort or theme park in the quality of the food items. We wouldn't return to eat here. Our server was excellent.
- FlybrunchDined on 8/10/2014Food quality good. Unfortunately, many flies were in the restaurant around the food and annoying at the table. This is the 2nd time visiting the restaurant and the same experience happened the on the 1st visit. The flies made the dining experience memorable for the wrong reasons.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2014We enjoyed the Tasting menu and service ( Micheal great job)Special Features:
- Allergy friendlyAnnetteVIPDined on 8/9/2014Did a great job accommodating for food allergies. Very customer focused. Eggs Benedict is excellent.Special Features:
- Romanticlove2danceDined on 8/7/2014Great restaurant. Very classy. Tasty food. Ideal for a special occasion. Beautiful hotel. Nice view.Special Features:
- dinner for 2DonnaDined on 8/3/2014I was disappointed to see guests in shorts and flip flops. The music was not conducive to the atmosphere and there were a few minor oversights with the service. However, after mentioning in conversation that it was our anniversary we were presented with rose petals on the table, our dessert decorated with a candle and anniversary wishes and a long stem rose after dinner. But we have dined at other restaurants with comparable food quality and pricing where the "stars all aligned". Not so much the case here unfortunately. The food quality was lovely and we enjoyed our meal very much. But hopefully the Queen's Landing will regained the elegance and charm that this lovely venue so deserves.Special Features:
- a little disappointedTimADined on 7/31/2014Food portions were overly large and based on the prices, quite uninspired.Special Features:
- The worst dining experienceSajualjoDined on 7/30/2014We are 4 foodies who were expecting to have a great experience after seeing the rating on trip advisor. We were very disappointed about everything from the beginning til the end. The ambiance was inexistant, it was smeeling raw fish, the food was disgusting, not fresh and not refine at all. It tasted like an average cafeteria. It is very expensive for the bad quality. Was there a chef in the kitchen?
- PriceydinewmeDined on 7/27/2014Overall food was fair and pricey for the quality. Ordered surf and turf and steak was tough and had little taste. While the waitress was very nice ... The service was slow. . They had this team approach and I think she was trying to cover to many tables.. Beautiful view of river..Special Features:
- Pre Shaw Theater BrunchGastronomicDined on 7/27/2014Excellent location, excellent timings hence captive clientele. Despite this quality if food very average. Beautiful dining room, great music, great views but poor quality china and cutlery . Large quantities of food displayed. No tags on desserts. Guests asking/ guessing the names of desserts. Several dishes empty. We were there for 12 noon. Long delay in getting the bill. Not good for those who arrive and tell staff that this is a pre theater meal. Very expensive wines.Special Features:
- Lovely spotinterlynx2Dined on 7/26/2014Great menu, although we are not sure who does not know in today's dining world what "frites" are ( apparently removed from the menu because people did not know what they are?). View was lovely. Waitress was fabulous. Reminded us of a young Rosemary Barton. The neighbourhood is lovely to walk around. Mussels were very tasty, and just the right portion for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChrisDined on 7/25/2014The food was well presented but unremarkable for the cost. The waitress was irritated that we arrived late and advised us that the dinner was expected to be two hours' in duration. We indicated that we would forego an appetizer and would order promptly at which point she suggested that we order salads and that the chef would be able to cope (the restaurant was only 25 to 30% occupied). During the service of the meal and on our departure she repeatedly urged us to stay at the hotel when next visiting Niagara on the Lake.
- 3 priced up like a 9OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/23/2014Some good ingredients, but the outcome was not worth it. Very disappointing.
- Excellent MealKit123Dined on 7/16/2014Four of us dined there and we all had excellent meals. My husband and I opted for Surf(spot prawns) and turf (strip loins). The prawns were large and tender and there were two good-sized pieces of meat, again very tender. Heritage carrots, broccoli rage and whipped potatoes nicely filled out the veg component. One friend loved the lamb t-bone while his partner very much enjoyed the Cabernet Franc braised duck. The service was outstanding! Rudy and Dan were both so attentive, personable and generally excellent. Rudy's knowledge of the wine list was very helpful too. Dan gets $1/grind of the pepper shaker so we were very careful with how much pepper we asked for! Dinner was completed by a lovely dessert plate (it was one friend's birthday).Special Features:
- GreatlocalguyDined on 7/15/2014We had a wonderful experience when we met our friends here for dinner after the show. Loved everything about the experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerMargHopDined on 7/12/2014We had a really nice dinner with Rose and Lucas as our waitstaff. They were exceptional!Special Features:
- romantic eveningsunshineVIPDined on 7/5/2014great service situated in a lovely hotel dining room overlooked the water and beautiful boats we were there early before the theatre so the restaurant was quiet Caesar salad was disappointing meat was delicious, seafood was deliciousSpecial Features:
- So special, a memory to treasureCinCinVIPDined on 7/3/2014From start to finish, our dining experience shimmered. It could not have been any better! Jill, our server, was so great and so charming that we would have loved having her sit right down with us. We had tender turkey tournedos and steak, heirloom salads, and a sweet lemon tart. Ah, this was one very special and beautiful evening! Thanks for every moment .Special Features:
- Leisurely lunchjamiesonmrDined on 6/30/2014We enjoyed a relaxing lunch overlooking the Niagara River. Good food and good wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost OutstandingMrandMrsB628Dined on 6/28/2014The food was lovely except the portions were too large. Appetizer was more of a meal. The BIGGEST disappointment was that a wedding going on and the music loudly bleed into the Resturant it was NOT pleasent at all. For the cost of the meal we expected a better experience. It was our anniversary we drove 4 hours from Ohio booked it based on Chef reviews not impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.