Tiara Restaurant - Queen's Landing Hotel
155 Byron Street
Niagara-On-The-Lake, ON L0S 1J0Neighborhood:
Contemporary EuropeanPrice: CAN$51 and over
Tiara Restaurant - Queen's Landing Hotel
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.vintage-hotels.com/queenslanding/dining.htm
- Phone: 9054682195x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 2:30pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Breakfast: Monday - Sunday: 7:00am - 10:30am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary European
- Executive Chef: Mark Lyons
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our award-winning culinary team will create a delectable, original menu for your special event on or off-site.
- Private Party Facilities: Tiara Restaurant has a variety of private dining areas.
- Private Party Contact: Christophe Hermez 9054681362x8119
A word from Tiara Restaurant - Queen's Landing Hotel
You must experience this jewel of a restaurant to believe it. What’s more stunning than its romantic Georgian interior adorned with fresh roses, stained glass ceiling, and panoramic waterfront view? Perhaps its exquisite menu of traditional French cuisine .The entire menu changes with the season, yet always showcases the finest ingredients to be found in Niagara and beyond. Serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner 7 days a week, Tiara also offers a delightful Sunday brunch, pre- and post-theatre dining, and an extensive wine list featuring local vintages and wines from around the world. Your four-diamond culinary extravaganza awaits at Tiara.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Tiara Restaurant - Queen's Landing Hotel - Best Restaurants in Niagara-on-the-lake ›
Tiara Restaurant - Queen's Landing Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
67 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelQuiet
scenic view (43)special occasion (40)romantic (30)fit for foodies (22)great for brunch (18)great for outdoor dining (17)great for lunch (15)good for groups (15)notable wine list (14)neighborhood gem (9)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (2)Show More
- Problems.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/26/2014It appeared the Tiara, uncustomarily, was either short staffed or having problems in the kitchen Wine (one glass each) was the first thing ordered but did not arrive until AFTER starter salads, bread, rolls had been served. Main entrees were slow in coming. The meal took an hour and 45 minutes to complete. The server did everything she could to make up for the problems and was very attentive. The difficulties were elsewhere. The food ,as usual, was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lunch!!!4divas0820Dined on 8/20/2014I have a great day at your restaurant. The ambiance is so nice. And the food is great. I really want to go back again at your place to try your brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentMauzieDined on 8/16/2014Wonderful meal with excellent service. Queens Landing has quite a gem of a restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- stubabeVIPDined on 8/10/2014At best an average brunch especially for the priceSpecial Features:
- FlybrunchDined on 8/10/2014Food quality good. Unfortunately, many flies were in the restaurant around the food and annoying at the table. This is the 2nd time visiting the restaurant and the same experience happened the on the 1st visit. The flies made the dining experience memorable for the wrong reasons.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2014We enjoyed the Tasting menu and service ( Micheal great job)Special Features:
- Allergy friendlyAnnetteVIPDined on 8/9/2014Did a great job accommodating for food allergies. Very customer focused. Eggs Benedict is excellent.Special Features:
- Romanticlove2danceDined on 8/7/2014Great restaurant. Very classy. Tasty food. Ideal for a special occasion. Beautiful hotel. Nice view.Special Features:
- dinner for 2DonnaDined on 8/3/2014I was disappointed to see guests in shorts and flip flops. The music was not conducive to the atmosphere and there were a few minor oversights with the service. However, after mentioning in conversation that it was our anniversary we were presented with rose petals on the table, our dessert decorated with a candle and anniversary wishes and a long stem rose after dinner. But we have dined at other restaurants with comparable food quality and pricing where the "stars all aligned". Not so much the case here unfortunately. The food quality was lovely and we enjoyed our meal very much. But hopefully the Queen's Landing will regained the elegance and charm that this lovely venue so deserves.Special Features:
- a little disappointedTimADined on 7/31/2014Food portions were overly large and based on the prices, quite uninspired.Special Features:
- The worst dining experienceSajualjoDined on 7/30/2014We are 4 foodies who were expecting to have a great experience after seeing the rating on trip advisor. We were very disappointed about everything from the beginning til the end. The ambiance was inexistant, it was smeeling raw fish, the food was disgusting, not fresh and not refine at all. It tasted like an average cafeteria. It is very expensive for the bad quality. Was there a chef in the kitchen?
- PriceydinewmeDined on 7/27/2014Overall food was fair and pricey for the quality. Ordered surf and turf and steak was tough and had little taste. While the waitress was very nice ... The service was slow. . They had this team approach and I think she was trying to cover to many tables.. Beautiful view of river..Special Features:
- Pre Shaw Theater BrunchGastronomicDined on 7/27/2014Excellent location, excellent timings hence captive clientele. Despite this quality if food very average. Beautiful dining room, great music, great views but poor quality china and cutlery . Large quantities of food displayed. No tags on desserts. Guests asking/ guessing the names of desserts. Several dishes empty. We were there for 12 noon. Long delay in getting the bill. Not good for those who arrive and tell staff that this is a pre theater meal. Very expensive wines.Special Features:
- Lovely spotinterlynx2Dined on 7/26/2014Great menu, although we are not sure who does not know in today's dining world what "frites" are ( apparently removed from the menu because people did not know what they are?). View was lovely. Waitress was fabulous. Reminded us of a young Rosemary Barton. The neighbourhood is lovely to walk around. Mussels were very tasty, and just the right portion for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChrisDined on 7/25/2014The food was well presented but unremarkable for the cost. The waitress was irritated that we arrived late and advised us that the dinner was expected to be two hours' in duration. We indicated that we would forego an appetizer and would order promptly at which point she suggested that we order salads and that the chef would be able to cope (the restaurant was only 25 to 30% occupied). During the service of the meal and on our departure she repeatedly urged us to stay at the hotel when next visiting Niagara on the Lake.
- 3 priced up like a 9OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/23/2014Some good ingredients, but the outcome was not worth it. Very disappointing.
- Excellent MealKit123Dined on 7/16/2014Four of us dined there and we all had excellent meals. My husband and I opted for Surf(spot prawns) and turf (strip loins). The prawns were large and tender and there were two good-sized pieces of meat, again very tender. Heritage carrots, broccoli rage and whipped potatoes nicely filled out the veg component. One friend loved the lamb t-bone while his partner very much enjoyed the Cabernet Franc braised duck. The service was outstanding! Rudy and Dan were both so attentive, personable and generally excellent. Rudy's knowledge of the wine list was very helpful too. Dan gets $1/grind of the pepper shaker so we were very careful with how much pepper we asked for! Dinner was completed by a lovely dessert plate (it was one friend's birthday).Special Features:
- GreatlocalguyDined on 7/15/2014We had a wonderful experience when we met our friends here for dinner after the show. Loved everything about the experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerMargHopDined on 7/12/2014We had a really nice dinner with Rose and Lucas as our waitstaff. They were exceptional!Special Features:
- romantic eveningsunshineVIPDined on 7/5/2014great service situated in a lovely hotel dining room overlooked the water and beautiful boats we were there early before the theatre so the restaurant was quiet Caesar salad was disappointing meat was delicious, seafood was deliciousSpecial Features:
- So special, a memory to treasureCinCinVIPDined on 7/3/2014From start to finish, our dining experience shimmered. It could not have been any better! Jill, our server, was so great and so charming that we would have loved having her sit right down with us. We had tender turkey tournedos and steak, heirloom salads, and a sweet lemon tart. Ah, this was one very special and beautiful evening! Thanks for every moment .Special Features:
- Leisurely lunchjamiesonmrDined on 6/30/2014We enjoyed a relaxing lunch overlooking the Niagara River. Good food and good wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost OutstandingMrandMrsB628Dined on 6/28/2014The food was lovely except the portions were too large. Appetizer was more of a meal. The BIGGEST disappointment was that a wedding going on and the music loudly bleed into the Resturant it was NOT pleasent at all. For the cost of the meal we expected a better experience. It was our anniversary we drove 4 hours from Ohio booked it based on Chef reviews not impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very nice dinnerRedFishFanDined on 6/28/2014The dining room is beautiful and overlooks the marina. The menu is interesting and the wine list is extensive. Rose petals were added to the table, and our server was attentive and helpful. Our duck and lamb dishes were very good. We look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Anniversary dinner !MarkKDined on 6/28/2014As always the Tiara dining room was perfect for our special occasion. The service was awesome our waitress was very attentive and made our evening very special.The Queens Landing resort And the Tiara dining room is our number 1 choice when visiting Niagara on the lake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchGood2binNOTLDined on 6/22/2014I have never gone to the Tiara Restaurant for any meal other than Sunday brunch, so I can't speak to how lunch or dinner is handled. Pleasant servers, beautiful linens, and the buffet was well presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent servicesabzDined on 6/21/2014Our experience was excellent - the food was good but most notably, our server was above expectations - very helpful and accommodating, AND had a great sense of humour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014The steak was outstanding, the cannelloni was not as outstanding; good but not memorable. The wine list was excellent. The desert was very nice with excellent flavour. The service was excellent and the waitress made sure we in and out in a reasonable time so that we could meet our show timings. I would recommend this restaurant to others but I did find the menu was a bit limited.Special Features:
- Wedding AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/21/2014We celebrated our Wedding Anniversary at the Tiara Restaurant and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food4thoughtDined on 6/17/2014Perfect ending to a Niagara- on- the- Lake theatre visit. We would return without hesitation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/7/2014service was excellent. very kid friendly. food was so soSpecial Features:
- Big disappointmentbigtimedisappointmentDined on 6/2/2014Reservation was changed by Queens Landing as they had a private group in Dinning room, moved to Lounge. Staff (old lady long ponytail, younger male brush cut) were fighting amongst themselves, food took over 45 minutes to come out was cold and terrible. Will never go back all four plate had varying amounts of food. We had my daughter and her further husband looking at Queens Landing as a possible venue for their wedding, glad we went and were able to remove this location from our list.
- Great view, okay foodFoodieDined on 5/31/2014We went there for a birthday celebration. The wait staff was very nice but she seemed very busy and a bit overwhelmed. Appetizers were really good, in particular the wild salmon. We ordered pork, duck, and steak as main course but we found the main course to be rather mediocre. The pork was dry and lacked the sauce to pull the dish together. Overall, it was a good dining experience, really liked the location and the view from the dining room. Would return for a second time.Special Features:
- DoctorDined on 5/25/2014Jerry special, wine list too limited, food excellent selection and tasteSpecial Features:
- foodieDined on 5/20/2014Excellent service, nice decor. Lunch menu was limited, however food was good.Special Features:
- Romantic and nice serviceVar84Dined on 5/18/2014It was amazing! The view to the river and the ambience. The brunch was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ABP123Dined on 5/16/2014Hello, My husband and I enjoyed our dinner here. The food and service was excellent; we had a great table by the window. There was a nice view of the lake and marina. I would recommend going here for dinner.Special Features:
- great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/12/2014We went for a girls spa getaway and had a great meal and experience at the the restaurant!!Special Features:
- Brunch at a higher levelAudreyDined on 5/11/2014This was our first time having their mothers day brunch and we were very impressed. Excellent service. Wonderful selection. You would never know there were so many people. We never felt rushed or crowded. We will definitely do it again. Glad that we could reserve with ease.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 106 reviews are from the Tiara Restaurant - Queen's Landing Hotel reviews archive.
- Girlfriends getawayGirlsgetawayDined on 4/24/2014Myself and 5 of my friends were in the area for a birthday celebration through a travelzoo pkg and were seated at a round table creating a great conversation atmosphere. Everyone enjoyed their meals with help from the server customizing to their tastes - I do not like mushrooms so mixed veggies were substituted, my steak was cooked to my liking (medium). The service was fast and efficient but friendly. I would recommend this restaurant for friends, family and for a celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.