205 10th Ave.
New York, NY 10011Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tiapol.com/
- Phone: 2126758805x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm -11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm -12:00am, Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:30pm
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Scott Damboise
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We do off-site catering events! Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
- Private Party Facilities: Celebrate at Tia Pol with tapas, sangria, and our all-Spanish wine and beer list.
- Private Party Contact: email@example.com 2126758805x
A word from Tía Pol
Tía Pol is a Madrid style tapas bar that features small plates from the richly varied regional cuisines of Spain. From Galicia to Andalucía, from The Basque Country to Cataluña, Tia Pol invites guests to tapear around Spain in the heart of West Chelsea. A thoughtfully composed all-Spanish wine list offers selections that are representative of Spain's diverse viticultural heritage.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerTapas / Small Plates
Tía Pol - Best Restaurants in Chelsea ›
Tía Pol reviews from OpenTable diners
85 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (52)neighborhood gem (52)romantic (28)hot spot (18)special occasion (15)vibrant bar scene (10)good for groups (9)notable wine list (9)great for lunch (8)late-night find (7)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Tapas, the real thing...OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/12/2014We love Tia Pol. It has been the closest to our experience in España on this side of the ocean. We have never had a bad meal there. Our favorite is the squid but the almond cake is a second best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun, creative eveningMarkDined on 8/10/2014It's an unpretentious place that has no frills but fun creative food - primarily small plates (tapas). Some items are traditional, others are mor contemporary. The variety we had for my son's b'day was completely enjoyable. Not a lot of ambience or seating options, but the price is right and the overall value is high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great tapastengohambreVIPDined on 8/8/2014I've been here couple of times and no complaints! Everything is great, good to catch up with old friends munching on small plates and reasonably priced wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food, friendly serversLlgreen1Dined on 7/25/2014I made a reservation at Tia Pol for 8 pm on a Friday night and was blown away by how friendly and helpful their entire waitstaff was throughout the process. When my friend and I arrived, our table wasn't quite ready. We only had to wait an additional ten minutes, but everyone was so apologetic and it was evident that they got us say as quickly as possible for how busy it was on a Friday night. Our waiter was extremely friendly and informative, and helped us pick some great wine and tapas. All of the food we had was absolutely incredible, especially the lamb skewers and seared scallops, and it was delivered quickly as soon as each dish was ready. I will definitely be back and will recommend Tia Pol to my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic Spanish tapasOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/24/2014I don't usually write reviews, but I'm compelled to thank Tia Pol for an outstanding, authentic dinner. You will not be disappointed in the quality of their food. Don't miss Tia Pol!Special Features:
- Perfect romantic dinneripg12Dined on 7/19/2014As soon as we got there we felt taken care of. While our table was readied, the host took our drink orders and checked on us regularly. Once seated, the server was friendly and helpful. Even though the restaurant was crowded, we were encouraged to take our time and enjoy our food in true tapas style. The food was authentically Spanish and nothing was a disappointment. The server was conversational, and when she found out that we were there celebrating an engagement, the manager came over to wish us well. Fantastic.Special Features:
- Delicious Tapas!SandraVIPDined on 7/19/2014I returned to Tía Pol because I loved the food. The tapas were great, again! We will be going back every time we visit New York. I have to mention the gazpacho that they had as a special; it should be a permanent addition to the menu. It was spectacular! and I have eaten gazpacho in Madrid, Barcelona, Sevilla, Granada, Cordoba,Santiago de Compostela, La Coruña, Burgos, Toledo,and León. Delicious croquetas also. The pintxos morunos were tender and full of flavor, we had a great time sipping Viña Sastre crianza 2009.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I never write restaurant reviews...DottodotVIPDined on 7/19/2014... but I simply had to after my experience at Tia Pol. We were in the neighborhood for another event so we decided to try out a random restaurant in the area. We were pleasantly surprised by our experience at the restaurant. Our server (sad I didn't catch her name) was attentive and knowledgeable. We were very happy with her recommendations with the food and the wine. We had the octopus salad, serrano ham triangles, steamed mussels, scallops and pork chops. We were stuffed after this meal and everything was so perfectly cooked/prepared. I find that many restaurants overcook their seafood, but not the chefs at Tia Pol! Sadly, many of the items we ordered were from their specials menu. Hopefully they make them permanent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty Tapas In a Fun Yet Cozy VibeMiaKateDined on 7/18/2014The front of the restaurant is dimly lit with a buzzing scene by the bar. The atmosphere transforms as you enter the back room of the restaurant into a quieter, homey, and candlelit room. We both agreed that the scallops were the order of the night. They were cooked to perfection, sitting in a creamy and flavorful tomato sauce and topped with frizzled zucchini and ham. The lamb skewers were a close second, served simply with a slice of baguette. The patatas bravas were an obvious must with a tasty aoili. The piquillo peppers, although quite good, we could have done without as they were nothing special. Same goes for the eggs, however, they were only $3. Sangria was light, fruity, and delicious. Definitely split a pitcher between two.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodNJPeanutDined on 7/7/2014There were five of us dining together and we ordered a variety of plates - love tapas for this situation! Everything was really great but the gazpacho was fantastic. I was a little surprised when the waiter brought it to the table and it was smooth - I'm used to the "chunky" version. The flavors were outstanding!Special Features:
- Small and loud but great!AlexDined on 6/30/2014Visited Tia Pol again recently after a long break but was glad to find it just as I'd left it - great food and drinks and attentive service. The one thing to know is that it's small and loud - not a great place for a first date (though very good for a follow-on) or any sort of deep conversation. But if what you're after is great tapas and fun, it's a perfect choice.Special Features:
- Solid Tapas and ServiceMurrayDined on 6/27/2014Good food and nice service. We had some last minute changes to the number in our party, and the restaurant was very accommodating. If there is one thing upon which Tia Pol could improve, it is the wine service. There wasn't anyone in the restaurant who seemed to much about the wine on their list, or really know much about wine at all. I asked to know what region the wines that interested me were from, as well as what types of grapes were used to make them, and no one in the restaurant seemed to know. Still, overall it was a good night. I would recommend Tia Pol - just order the sangria.Special Features:
- Great Food, Very Loudlawgirl3Dined on 6/26/2014The food (tapas) was fantastic. Not a bad dish in the bunch. The dining area is very small and has picnic table-like seating. The noise level was extremely high -- so high to be uncomfortable. But the food made up for it. Service was amazing. No bar but you can get beer, wine, and a few specialty drinks (the Dama is fabulous). Overall a good experience.Special Features:
- Very good food but loud and crampedQdogVIPDined on 6/24/2014We were seated in a bench style seat in the back room. We were leery about sharing a table with a large group of strangers but decided to stay since we were early and we were the only ones in the entire room. The food and service were excellent and very reasonably priced. We enjoyed our dinner for the first hour until the room started filling up and the place got real noisy. If you want a quiet place to eat then this is not the place. If you don't mind loud places with very good food and don't mind sharing a table with strangers then I recommend the place.Special Features:
- Had to go back a 2nd timeJTdinerDined on 6/24/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our night at Tia Pol -- so much so we went the following night as well. Real, authentic Spanish tapas. It was excellent and a good time.Special Features:
- If you like tapas, give it a try!MediaEaterVIPDined on 6/15/2014Made reservation on OpenTable and was seated on time. Shared a table with a party of 5 in the back room. Room could use a little more ventilation in my opinion. Waiter recommended a nice glass if white wine. Must try the lamb skewers and ham croquettes. I didn't like the squid with squid ink. While the squid was tender, the ink itself had no flavor. We were celebrating a special occasion and the waiter surprised us with a complementary dessert. We would probably try this place again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazinginnycvianjVIPDined on 6/8/2014Discovered this amazing little place.....everything is great about it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for it if you love tapasMarianDined on 6/7/2014enjoyed everything about TIA POL and think it should be a go to for anyone who loves tapas with ambienceSpecial Features:
- A favoriteADinerVIPDined on 6/7/2014Come for the amazing food. Request a table in the dining room in the back if you want to dine or the will seat you in the lively, if somewhat frenetic bar area. Two different worlds.I would recommend this to a friend.
- always love it here!mpettVIPDined on 6/6/2014nice relaxed dining experience. food comes out quickly and is super tasty! drinks always good as well. it's very busy on weekends but service was still quick and attentive.Special Features:
- Always a pleasureMigasDined on 6/6/2014I eat at Tia Pol every few weeks. Fantastic place for tapas. Service is great and the staff is friendly.Special Features:
- Authentic Tapas!HappyGourmetDined on 6/3/2014We really enjoyed our experience at Tia Pol. This is a small neighborhood place with only a few tables. We were a party of 6 and were seated in a private area. Our waitress, Katie, was very friendly, had great suggestions for ordering tapas, and checked in on us frequently. Every dish was well prepared and brought back memories of our time spent in Spain! We especially enjoyed the Patatas Bravas, Chorizo, Tomato Bread, Shrimp & Croquettes. Our Open Table reservation was honored on time. Overall a great experience!Special Features:
- Fantastic 2-year anniversaryjenjenlinlinDined on 5/29/2014The staff at Tia Pol really helped make our occasion special, and the food was knockout delicious as usual! One of our favorite neighborhood spots and one we come back to again and again.Special Features:
- Perfect summer spotfemmepetaleDined on 5/26/2014Came here on a Monday night at 8pm with a friend. I told the host we had a reservation for two on open table, and he knew my name before I said it, which I thought was a nice touch, and they had a table ready and waiting. The place was full, but not too crowded-there's not a ton of seating. For food we ordered the patatas bravas, fried chickpeas, and fried fish, and then we had this fried custard dessert at the recommendation of our server, who also was very knowledgable about their wine list. Everything was delicious, especially that dessert. Overall a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great overall experienceGenXFoodieDined on 5/22/2014We had good expectations coming into this restaurant based on the reviews we had read, but our experience blew all those expectations out of the water. From the subdued lighting to the crisp white tablecloths, the impeccable service with silverware being switched after each course, the friendly though knowledgable server, and of course the piece de resistance, the food itself, everything was amazing. We had two appetizers (scallops and mushroom ravioli) and shared one main course among my wife and myself (lamb chops). Each course came already divided in individual plates and we polished them off in record time. The chef also served us a shot of chilled gazpacho soup which was delicious. A true fine dining experience. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Tapas!SandraVIPDined on 5/18/2014I was looking for a new place and found Tía Pol browsing in the Internet. The menu looked interesting: mainly Spanish tapas that include peppers, croquetas, patatas bravas(angry potatoes),Pan con tomate, serrano ham, and other delicacies that looked fantastic in paper. Then we tried them there and they were fantastic. We also tried the two specials that our lovely waiter mentioned and that was also delicious. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/18/2014I really loved this little spot. It's an intimate restaurant with not a lot of tables. I made a reservation and was seated right away. The service was great and we were taken care very well during the whole meal. The tapas were very good, and were served in a timely manner. I would definitely recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- The following 111 reviews are from the Tía Pol reviews archive.
- Great Spanish TapasAMY123Dined on 5/3/2014The deviled eggs are amazing, as were the patatas bravas. I would absolutely go here again! We had to wait about 25 minutes for our table, but it was definitely worth the wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place!Noel3DeniseDined on 5/3/2014Wonderful & interesting tapas menu and specials. Really great Spanish wines. Enjoyed everything very much !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as usualFiskeybusinessDined on 5/2/2014Always great food, vibrant and bustling atmosphere. Core menu is amazing and the specials never disappoint. A fantastic neighborhood find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent tapasC4times3VIPDined on 5/1/2014Great find near Chelsea Piers. Nice assortment of tapas. Will definitely go back.
- Tia Pol Recommended!PaulSDined on 4/19/2014Wonderful atmosphere, food and wine. A best bet for Tapas lovers in manhattan.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service. Good tapasExcellentVIPDined on 4/18/2014I found the service to be very good ! The place is energetic and the food is good. I liked the patatas bravas, and the scallops special on that night. The olives were the smallest known to men, and they were just ok. How can you not have a Tempranillo by the glass???? Overall the tapas are good although expensive, and it's excellent for a group although it's a small place so a reservation it's a must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible serviceOfoodVIPDined on 4/15/2014I made a reservation and when I got there I told the hostess we would have a couple more people joining us later. I said we were fine to sit close together at a smaller table. My friends showed up and she told us we couldn't all sit at the table and that my friends had to stand. After that she came up to the table at 8:20 telling us we had to leave at 8:30 because there was another reservation. My reservation was at 6:30 and she never told me this before we sat down. I will NEVER come back because if this. She was glaring at us the whole time and it was very uncomfortable. There was an empty table next to is for over 20 minutes that she could have sat the next party at. The food was good, but not good enough to deal with that hostess.Special Features:
- Delicious Tapas!prdeDined on 4/8/2014This is one of my favorite restaurants. The food is excellent and the service is attentive and friendly. It is a cozy hole in the wall with a hip feel. Love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small restaurant with a youngmoxfeldtDined on 4/3/2014Small restaurant with a young loud crowd. Food and wine are good but selection a bit limited. It is what you would expect from a medium priced tapas bar. I would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed it thoroughly. FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/27/2014Enjoyed it thoroughly. Food was prepared perfectly and quickly. Excellent wine was recommended that was reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/22/2014Super friendly service, knowledgeable but not too hard-selling. Excellent list of sherries both for before, during and after the meal - and honestly, when was your last serious glass of sherry? The tapas we had were amazing, comparable in style and quality with the other top tapas places in NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little gemnoreenDined on 3/8/2014My husband were in NYC for an overnight and aren't very familiar with restaurants. We really like tapas and Spanish food, so I looked on Open Table and found Tia Pol listed. I was pleased to be able to get a reservation last minute and we were seated at a nice table in the back room, away from the more noisy and crowded front room. We loved the variety of the menu and the quality of the food was very good. Loved the scallop special, the tomato bread, and the chicken liver mouse. Although new, our waiter was very pleasant and helpful. The red sangria was killer.Special Features:
- good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/5/2014This was recommended to me by a real foodie. The food was really great. The omelette- a must. The potatoes Brava - definitely bravo. The steak and lamb superb. Everything ww had was great. Sangria - great! Service is slow and the place is small but worth it if you lije tapas! Recommended!I would recommend this to a friend.