1507 Polk Street
San Francisco, CA 94109Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.tipiacera.com/
- Phone: 4157719946
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, BYO Liquor, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We offer family style catering for large parties. Call for menu and delivery options.
- Private Party Facilities: We offer set menus, special seating arrangements, table decorations, and semi-private dining spaces in our split-floor restaurant.
- Private Party Contact: Sal 6507143856
A word from Ti Piacera
Ti Piacera has been a neighborhood destinations for over six years. With our full service bar, excellent Northern Italian cuisine, and extensive wine list, our restaurant is a perfect place to spend a entire evening. We feature fresh seafood and hearty soup specials every day. With our high-vaulted ceilings and elegant, lighting Ti Piacera is a great place for a romantic evening for two, or a Birthday party for 20. We also serve lunch seven days a week, and brunch on the weekends, so come and join us for a business meeting or a weekend get together. So, come to where the locals go, you won't regret it.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ti Piacera reviews from OpenTable diners
11 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (6)good for groups (4)great for brunch (3)romantic (2)special occasion (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Creative Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/21/2014Ti Piacera serves quality Italian food at reasonable prices. My pasta was al dente with a basil cream sauce that was tasty but not overwhelming. A surprise was the excellent remoulade that is served with bread (instead of butter, or just olive oil and vinegar). Food is served promptly and attractively presented. I would go again.Special Features:
- Neighborhood gemFoodieVIPDined on 8/23/2014We have lived in the city for 15 years, and probably visit this restaurant more than any other. This restaurant is energetic without being pretentious, and it has excellent food and a great vibe.Special Features:
- Good experienceJimGDined on 7/26/2014Excellent service and good food. Perfect for pre-marathon dinner.Special Features:
- Good foodIluvsmiling712Dined on 7/12/2014Restaurant had a nice atmosphere and the food was good. I would definitely come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 225 reviews are from the Ti Piacera reviews archive.
- DisappointedDAWASHDined on 5/15/2014This was not my first visit to Ti Piacera. I've always been happy with my food and service but this particular outing was less than stellar. Firstly our waiters changed through out the evening and no one could seem to get our order right. Short of the busboy bringing water to the table nothing was right. I left not having consumed my main course as it seems to have gotten lost by one of the many waiters we had that evening. We received a free dessert for the mix-up but I actually wanted a meal with my companions. Just an FYI guys your roasted garlic dipping sauce wasn't even passable.Special Features:
- Excellent service for a party of 10StillyDined on 5/11/2014Was looking for a reservation (on Mother's Day!) for a large group of people, and found this place on OpenTable. The service was great and the food was delicious! I had actually been here once years before and forgotten about it, because I terrible with names. Their menu is classic Italian comfort food in the best sense. I really value a straightforward, unpretentious menu, especially when it's so well priced. Looking forward to going back much sooner this time around!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/20/2014We enjoy this little restaurant. Sometimes at the last minute we decide we would like to go out, have a good cocktail and a delicious plate of pasta without having to spend our entire paycheck. Ti Piacera is this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerChardDined on 2/14/2014Very pleased with our dinner experience here:. Had reservations for 8 clock, due to not being able to find parking showed up at around 8:20. They seated us right away. Food was excellent, great service. I defiantly reccomend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always FantasticJenKVIPDined on 1/31/2014This was my third time dining at Ti Piacera. I found it, several months ago, when I was walking home and thought it looked like a good place. I went, that evening, for dinner with a friend and have loved it ever since. The food is delicious, the service is great, and it's just an all-around great place. They are gracious, friendly, warm, inviting, attentive, and the food always impresses.Special Features:
- Fabulous dining experienceCanadianguestDined on 1/16/2014We had a fabulous dining experience at Ti Piacere, an owner managed trattoria. The attention to detail and commitment to ensure each guest had a good experience defines this restaurant. Appetizers were well thought out, my capresse salad had just enough rich balsamic and the carpaccio melted in your mouth. Generous braised lamb shanks were the hit of the evening. Desert of home made spumoni ice cream and poached pear finished off the meal nicely. Overall, a wonderful experience we would not hesitate to try again.Special Features:
- Nice spot, mediocre foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/22/2013Came here for brunch. This place has all the makings of a great spot, except the food. My girlfriend's food was cold when it came out. The hollandaise sauce on my Eggs Benedict was sour, and the eggs were way overdone. Very weird.Special Features:
- gluten free ItalianBruceDined on 12/20/2013I like coming here before concerts. They serve gluten free pasta on request. Italian dishes are nicely seasoned. Partner ordered barley soup, outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not great!eaterincDined on 12/18/2013The food was good to very good. Not really distinctive but certainly a place I would recommend, especially for those who want a restaurant in the Polk Gulch area. Would go again, but wouldn't travel across town for this place as I would for The House, Acquerello, and a few others...I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchParastooVIPDined on 12/15/2013I've only had brunch here so maybe the dinner experience is different. I ordered chocolate chip pancakes and they were horrible. They were dense and not tasty at all.
- Great service and accommodating!KiraDined on 12/14/2013I came here with a group of 14 people for dinner before a black tie event. The staff here were extremely understanding and accommodating to our needs. It's not always easy to serve a large party, but the service was consistent and with a smile. I would recommend Ti Piacera to everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reasonable neighborhood placeBicoastalfoodieVIPDined on 12/9/2013It had a boisterous and happy atmosphere. The food was OK. My risotto was al dente but bland. The other dishes were the same. The wine list was small and uninteresting.
- Ti Piacera delivers its namesakeLiseDined on 11/23/2013My husband and I looked for a local Italian restaurant for a pre-concert date. We found this through Open Table and it was great! Perfect for a "just right" meal--not too heavy, not too light. The atmosphere was pleasant and the waiter was engaging and prompt. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this for a dinner for two!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty Neighborhood GememdeweyDined on 11/9/2013We were having drinks at The Top of the Mark and searched nearby Italian restaurants and Ti Piacera popped up. It is truly a neighborhood gem, they sat us right away even though we were early. The service was incredible, delicious bread with garlic olive oil, I ordered the margarita pizza and my boyfriend ordered a pasta dish with shrimp that was recommended by our server. We were stuffed but still ordered the biscotti at the end and it was fresh and tasty.Special Features:
- Hidden GemPeteenaDined on 10/27/2013Tired of fighting crowds at all the popular places (some of which it's not even clear why they're popular) we had brunch at Ti Piacera and were so glad we did! Cute spot, great food, charming waiter (even if his English was not quite up to snuff), what more could you want? We had a little trouble getting the check when we needed to leave but all was well in the end.Special Features:
- Sooo Good!!Jamie31Dined on 10/14/2013My colleagues and I recently went to lunch at Ti Piacera and we're absolutely BLOWN away. This is the best Italian restaurant I have enjoyed in a very long time! The bruschetta was delicious and their mushroom polenta was perfectly flavored! Their salad was perfectly dressed and tossed with fresh ingredients. We also had the porchini mushroom ravioli in a pesto cream sauce that was incredible. The chicken fettucine, mushroom risotto and eggplant Parmesan... All delicious! They serve this amazing roasted garlic in olive oil with fresh baked bread as well that is to DIE for! Aside from the food, the ambience and service experience was superb! Exposed brick and candlelight, it's gorgeous! Highly, highly, HIGHLY recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would not go backOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/13/2013This was among the worst dining experiences I've had. It took 40 min to place a food order; when the food came only one of the four dishes our group ordered had any flavor. When the entrees arrived we ordered 4 wine refills, which never came. Next time our waiter came by (20 minutes later) we mentioned we'd never gotten our wine. He launched into a long explanation about how someone had told him we wanted wine, but he hadn't been sure, etc etc (of course he didn't come by to check with us!) then said he'd bring our 3 Chiantis and a Sangiovese right away. We corrected him that it was 3 cabs. The wine finally arrived - after our entrees had been cleared. ... Poor food, worse service, and overall the worst $45pp I've ever spent on a meal.
- September 12 diningDennisVIPDined on 9/12/2013My friends and had some good food and good service at Ti Piacera. It is a very comfortable place to eat and the food is always good.Special Features:
- consistently good food andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/7/2013consistently good food and service and ambience. mussels were great, tiramisu was really creamy and tasty.Special Features:
- Great food and serviice!loric822Dined on 7/12/2013The restaunt took care of our table of 9 very graciously. A few members of our group were stuck in traffic, and they were very considerate, told us not to worry, no problem, etc. Very unusual in a big city. The food and service were great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very accomodating for large groupsDeesteezDined on 6/20/2013We had a large group of 12 for my graduation dinner and they were extremely accommodating, considering we got there pretty late in the evening. The food was delicious and the overall feel was very warm and romantic. Great place for special occasion dinners or dates. I will be coming here again for my next graduation dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went here for my girlfriend'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/15/2013Went here for my girlfriend's birthday, so-so appetizers. Waited 45 minutes for a salad & an eggplant parmagiano and still didn't get it. We got tired of waiting, paid for our appetizers and left. Would not come back here.
- Me piacere Ti PiaceraBruceDined on 6/9/2013I love to go here before concerts. This time the brunch egg scramble was delicious, and my partner had the wonderful eggplant parmesan. It's a pleasant atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood gem--not.AliceinSFVIPDined on 5/23/2013Our experience started off well with an excellent wait person and very good lemon drop martinis. Alas, the entrees were quite disappointing: fish entree was minute in size; veal was tough and should have been sent back; the cioppino size only became adequate when we asked for pasta to go in it.
- Gluten freeOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 5/16/2013Yeah, there is gluten free pasta at this delicious restaurant! The service was also friendly and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went with a group of 8 forOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/27/2013Went with a group of 8 for my daughter's 15 birthday and all found something they wanted to eat. Very pleasant.Special Features:
- Absolutely loved our dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/22/2013Absolutely loved our dinner here on a beautiful day--until it got busy. Got here between happy hour and dinner rush. The food was quite decent but I did wait awhile for my oysters at first. Our server was friendly and knowledgeable, as was the busser which shocked me! My dinner partner has allergies and when the busser dropped off a dip we grilled him on what was in it-he knew everything. COOL. It wasn't terribly busy until 730ish, which is normal I think. The bar looked like the it got really fun at night! Once it got busy our server disappeared and we needed to go. Totally understandable and that's our only complaint! We've been checking out fancy dinners lately so a small place like this is hit or miss. Everything was great-will returSpecial Features:
- Festive, solid food, not exceptionarepeatoffenderDined on 4/11/2013Festive, solid food, not exceptional. They were very accommodating for our large group with prompt, excellent service.
- Buzz buzz, yum yumOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/5/2013Just up from the apartment where we are staying we found this bright spark of a place. Waiter knew his menu and wine. Let us sit and enjoy wine and starters without feeling rushed. Great, really good rucola and fennel salad, and dish of mushroom ravioli and the pork marsala, both superb. Split a classic creme caramel and voila!Special Features:
- Friends and I celebrated aOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/26/2013Friends and I celebrated a birthday here recently and enjoyed the experience very much. Our reservations were for 6:00, so the restaurant was not very crowded, just a few tables with small groups, but it started to get busier as the evening wore on. We really enjoyed our appetizer, main courses, and the wonderful dessert. The wait staff was very attentive. All in all, a very enjoyable experience, in a good location. We all would recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Ti Piacera had very friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/22/2013Ti Piacera had very friendly service and delicious food! A definite neighborhood gem.Special Features:
- FL visitorsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/16/2013We were looking for a close-by Italian restaurant to the Holiday Inn on Van Ness and found Ti Piacera. While some of the reviews were less than flattering, there were enough positive comments to warrant giving the restaurant a try. We're glad we did! The service was quick, friendly and efficient. The food (veal piccata and chicken marsala) was very good as was the tieramisu for dessert. All-in-all a very nice, casual dining experience.Special Features:
- We took our 4 children hereTriplemomVIPDined on 2/18/2013We took our 4 children here for dinner on 2/18. We were greeted warmly and they had a very nice table ready for us. The food was very good ( great gnocchi and sole) and service was attentive. I would return!Special Features:
- Second time there, and probablyOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/12/2013Second time there, and probably not the last. Good food, good value and very pleasant.
- Dinner before Masonic AuditoriumOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/9/2013This was our first time to Ti Piacera. We went there before a show at the Masonic Auditorium. It was a great choice. The food was good and the service was excellent.
- everything was wonderful.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/1/2013everything was wonderful. This was a business dinner & it was perfect!Special Features: