T.I. Club (Thousand Island Club)
21952 Club Road
Wellesley Island, NY 13640Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
T.I. Club (Thousand Island Club)
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thousandislandsclub.com/
- Phone: 3154829999
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: MICHAEL T. MADSEN
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: WEDDINGS, REUNIONS, SPECIAL EVENTS
A word from T.I. Club (Thousand Island Club)
WELCOME to the beautiful Thousand Islands Club! Located on the eastern end of Wellesley Island, NY we are 4 miles from the Thousand Islands Bridge, or a five minute boat ride across the St. Lawrence, from the resort town of Alexandria Bay, NY. With a “come as you are” theme, our historic TI Club Restaurant welcomes you to dine on our highly requested outdoor enclosed patio, while watching the ships float by, or enjoy one of our beautiful newly renovated dining rooms and supurb lounge areas for dinner or lite fare. We feature a spectacular new innovative menu complete with something for everyone! From fresh fish, steaks & chops to our inviting tapas & appetizers, including our tasty Wallaye sandwich and boater’s burger!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
T.I. Club (Thousand Island Club) - Best Restaurants in Alexandria Bay ›
T.I. Club (Thousand Island Club) reviews from OpenTable diners
46 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (38)scenic view (36)special occasion (27)fit for foodies (16)romantic (16)notable wine list (13)good for groups (9)neighborhood gem (9)vibrant bar scene (5)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (3)hot spot (2)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Tasty First LandingGR81stMateDined on 8/31/2014This was our first visit to TI club and definitely not our last. The servers were friendly and the food was great. My Alaskan Halibut was cooked to a turn and the Lobster Mac & Cheese would satisfy any hearty but choosy palette. Everyone in our party of 4 cleaned their plate! Beautiful views and ample open air seating provided ambiance and enjoyment for a special occasion. Its a large space...perfect for events.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WineloversDined on 8/30/2014We had a very pleasant dinner. Food was fantastic, view awesome and our server was very attentive. We will definitely make this a yearly boating stop.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SunnkingDined on 8/24/2014Great place away from town!! Pull up by boat or stay in the marina. Must go if your in A Bay area.Special Features:
- You'll love it -ConstellDined on 8/24/2014if your idea of a great evening out is a night at a high school cafeteria. One of the worst run properties I've encountered in 40+ years of globetrotting - noisy, amateurish service (...high there honey...), clanging dishes, mediocre food with terrible presentation including spillage, horrible wine list (no vintages, poor selection) and near unbearable noise level. Replete with hideously dressed and mostly drunken country club members which obviously haven't been blessed with a great deal of culture and/or etiquette. Overrated, disappointing on every level. Don't bother -
- thousand island clubwellesleyfoodiesDined on 8/24/2014We had a wonderful time eating dinner at TI.Club. It had a very interesting menu, and the outdoor experience was awesome. The lobster.ravioli was good, but very small serving. Some other diners were quite noisy around us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could be GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014Beautiful place and great food .Service was excellent.Unfortunately the bar is dominated by rude locals,refusing to move clothing and bags from unoccupied stools and yelling to others across the bar. Almost ruined our evening. Skip the after dinner drink.Special Features:
- Great dining at the T.I. ClubOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014My wife and I live in the North Country. We recently decided to try the Thousand Island Club for dinner. We had never eaten there before. I must say, it was one of the most enjoyable meals that we have ever had. The service was excellent, the food was the best that we've had in the area, and the view overlooking the marina was the cherry on top. We can't wait for a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best on the islandCAP137Dined on 8/3/2014Hands down the best place to eat on Welsley Island! Terrific food, great service and location. We vacation here a week a year and eat at the TI club at least 2 or 3 nights.. It really is that good!Special Features:
- Best crab legs everOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Food is excellent, got the king crab legs and was barely able to finish it! Wife got surf and turf and was equally pleased! View of marina and grounds makes the whole dining experience special! Highly recommended, a bit pricey but worth it!Special Features:
- lovely dining on the rivermamaloraxDined on 7/27/2014We had a great time with a party of 7. The food was very good and the view was excellent. I would definitely go back especially for the creme brulee.Special Features:
- Weekend GetawayFamilyGuyDined on 7/26/2014Don't get me wrong, I have no problem paying top dollar for exceptional service and food, but unfortunately for our visit, the bill was high, but our food and service was sub par. I really wanted to like this place, as the views were absolutely stunning. For a very high level overview of why I was disappointed, the server was really bad. She forgot our order three times and our dinners took over 95 minutes to be delivered (not exaggerating). When the meals finally did arrive, they were cold. She did not even say she was sorry for the long delay. I guess to sum it up best is that for the five star experience we paid for, I would refer to the star ratings I gave in my review.Special Features:
- The Best as alwaysSandyDined on 7/24/2014Enjoyed a quiet Thursday nite for dinner on the patio. Three of us ordered from the lounge menu and enjoyed pizza, flatbread with a beet salad and a sammie . One ordered a special which was sea bass, and although it was a smallish portion said it was delicious and he also ordered his favorite the calamari steak and raved about it. We had a very attentive waiter who helped with the wine choice and the cocktails were generous. Announcing it was a special Anniversary, he brought the couple desert shots on the house. Always an enjoyable experience. One criticism was the dress on the hostess as she wore clingy short short shorts . This was unacceptable for dinner viewing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yumoDined on 7/19/2014went for a special ocassion it was amazing the food was good and the staff were amazing.Special Features:
- Out of the way...but worth it!MarkCisVIPDined on 7/14/2014While staying on Wellesley Island on vacation, we just had to dine at the TI Club since it was the only Open Table restaurant that far north in NY. Well...we weren't disappointed! The dining room was indoor/outdoor and we were seated on the outdoor deck overlooking the St. Lawrence River. Great ambience and very attentive service. Really diverse menu...my wife had Diver Scallops and I just had to try their Chicken Riggies. We started with an Ahi Tuna appetizer. Everything was delicious. Nice specialty drink selection along with a very good wine list. If you're staying in Alexandria Bay or anywhere in the area, take the drive over the bridge and visit the TC Club. Well worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner and a movie?Island22Dined on 7/12/2014There are few places in this world where you can take a large group, enjoy an incredible ambiance, and send the kids out to the lawn to the fire pit or a movie... the TI Club has it all, and it is one of the most unique dining experiences in the world. Whether you're looking for a romantic date for two, or a place to celebrate Grandma's 70th with 20, the TI Club can accommodate every occassion.Special Features:
- We'll be back somedayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/12/2014After a day on the water it was most welcome to be seated by a charming young lady, greeted with a smile by our server and presented with an outstanding dinner. And, as an aside, the deserts, presented in small glasses, were of the perfect size...not too big, just enough to satisfy an after meal sweet tooth.Special Features:
- Great Night!1000IslandsCanucksDined on 7/5/2014Despite needing to contact the owner Julie to change our initial Open Table reservation to add two of our friends, we were promptly seated at our lovely table at the TI Club precisely at the designated hour on Saturday, July 5, 2014. We had an outstanding evening - beautiful food, fine wine, striking views of the 1000 Islands and St. Lawrence River, but most notably, our server Michaela was incredibly charming and attentive. What a sweetheart! Following dinner, our visit to the bar included a nice visit with manager Joe (2nd year in for Joe - happy that he's back from Denver!). It's not easy for seasonal restaurants to pull off success on a consistent annual basis, but the TI Club is a "must do" for us every summer. Bravo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Northern New York white tableDuluthdukeDined on 7/4/2014If you want a great restaurant in boondocks USA, then mark this restaurant as a fabulous surprise. O.K., maybe New Yorkers know about the 1000 islands but it is a best kept secret to the rest of the world. The dining experience is as good as any big city venue! Great service, nice people, incredible food, creme brulee to die for and out of originary setting and view!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just a little disappointedRiverRat74Dined on 7/3/2014I was looking forward to my meal of pork with a sweet potato hash, but the sweet potato hash was more like slightly cooked sweet potatoes with some peppers and onions. The pork was very good. My grandma use to say the best way to tell if a restaurant is going to be good is if the bread is warm. They didn't serve bread...enough said. Next time I'll go to the Wellesley Island Hotel no matter how late the reservation is.
- Very friendly restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/2/2014I took my parents out for a special occasion and chose this restaurant based on online reviews. The reviews were right on. This place is outstanding. We had a table outside and nice view of the river. Their outside seating is nice because the covering keeps direct sun off the tables and the fans keep you cool even on a hot night. The service was very attentive. I felt like we had our own waitress. The food was very good as well. I would definatly go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Magical Dining on the RiverthousandislandsgirlDined on 6/28/2014If you love the Thousand Islands, then this is the signature experience for you in our historic Thousand Islands Club! Must do!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014One of our favourite destinations on the river. Although it was cold it was still enjoyable. I would suggest supplying blankets for the cooler nights to extend the season on your patio. I once visited a restaurant in Saratoga Springs and they provided blankets and it was a welcome touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 86 reviews are from the T.I. Club (Thousand Island Club) reviews archive.
- I won't go back soon. It tookislandbuzzDined on 9/1/2013I won't go back soon. It took 2.5 hours to get a quick lounge menu dinner.Special Features:
- Awesome dinner on Sat, Aug 31st!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2013We enjoyed a fantastic dinner on Aug 31st, everything from appetizers to the dinner! Bea was awesome server too - she was very efficient, but took the time to explain specialties and answer our questions. We've had dinner a few times this past summer at the TI Club and look forward to returning in 2014!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceLmh2002Dined on 8/31/2013Brenna did a great job waiting on our table of eight. Food was incredible! Atmosphere cannot be beat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2013We are on the island most weekends during the summer and the TI Club is our favorite place to dine for all the reasons listed above. In addition the staff is always friendly and knowledgable regarding the products offered. We will be there again tonight for the seasonal closing. Highly recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was okJustina1947Dined on 8/30/2013Server wasn't fabulous and my food tasted like I was at a wedding reception. My husband ordered the large king crab leg dinner not knowing how insanely large it was and that it was $88. That was not a pleasant surprise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to celebratenotafoodieDined on 8/29/2013My fiance and I went here for a "fancy dinner" with my parents, and we very much enjoyed our experience. I was a little skeptical when we first arrived because the bar area is a bit outdated, but the tables in the outdoor balcony area were immaculately set and the view of the river (and all of the yachts!) was quite pretty. Between the four of us, we ordered the lobster bisque, crab cakes, and crispy calamari for starters and the sea bass special, veal special, lobster ravioli and short ribs for main courses. The lobster dishes were both a little too rich and a little too fishy, but the sea bass and short ribs were outstanding, and our young waiter was very polite and professional.Special Features:
- A Great Dining ExperienceCAP137Dined on 8/29/2013Our family enjoyed a wonderful dinner at the TI club. The food and service were excellent. The view overlooks the river and marina and is very pleasant. This is a fun restaurant and I highly recommend it. For burger lovers they have one of the best you will ever have. It's not on the dinner menu so ask for it if that is your choice. We'll be back:)Special Features:
- PerryPerryDined on 8/28/2013Two of four entrees were very salty. Apps. were good, desert was good.
- There were five of us dinning.NormDined on 8/24/2013There were five of us dinning. We all received are dinners at the same time except for one which was served a half hour latter. I was not happy about it, especially when the server made no adjustment to the bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TI club has become the bestRiverboyDined on 8/23/2013TI club has become the best destination restaurant on the River. The short season is the only disappointment! Excellent food, rich history that no amount of money can buy, and an amazing view. The place to go for boaters and River enthusiastsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Ambiance, Mediocre FoodMugochickDined on 8/21/2013Our Beef Carpaccio was delicious, but our entrees were not. The Chicken Riggies chicken tasted like it had been boiled and and had no flavor. The Ahi Tuna wasn't served rare as stated on the menu, but was cooked most of the way through. The bean salad it was served on was also very lackluster and salty. Overall we were very disappointed with the meal. It's unfortunate because the view is beautiful and the restaurant itself has great ambiance. Our wait staff was friendly and helpful with questions regarding our dishes, but the food itself brought everything down.Special Features:
- Food was good, service wasonionDined on 8/21/2013Food was good, service was excellent, area is scenic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overlooks St Lawrence riverrivergirlVIPDined on 8/14/2013Tastefully decorated restaurant that overlooks the St Lawrence River. Interesting and well prepared appetizers and entrees. Friendly, efficient wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best resturant in the regionOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/14/2013With the return of chef Michael Madsen for a second season the TI Club continues to set the standard for fine dining in the Thousand Islands area. It is very enjoyable to be able to order fish and have it cooked properly and not be overdone as so often happens at other restaurants. Excellent food and a world class view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I didn't like our table placement.BrianDined on 8/10/2013I didn't like our table placement. We had 2 busy tables between us and the nice view, so it had a big impact on the overall atmosphere.Special Features:
- Love it every time we come here!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/9/2013Cannot complain about a single thing. Best restaurant in the 1000 islands. They even show movies on a big screen outdoors for the kids!Special Features:
- We love it!!!! I stronglyJulsDined on 8/7/2013We love it!!!! I strongly recommend the Beef Short Ribs for red meat lovers!!!! The chicken riggies (pasta with chicken) is also excellent!!!! Will have to go back to try more!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a dinning experienceTravelingManDined on 8/7/2013A romantic setting in the heart of the beautiful Thousand Islands with great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.