101 Marietta Street NW
Atlanta, GA 30303Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thriveatl.com/
- Phone: (404) 389-1000
- Hours of Operation:
LUNCH ~ Mon - Fri: 11:30am - 3:00pm
DINNER ~ Mon - Sat: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
HAPPY HOUR ~ Mon - Fri: 5:00pm - 7:00pm
Open Sundays for Private Parties
Thrive loves downtown sporting events. Going to the Dome or Arena? Come see us before, during & after the game for Game Day Specials.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Justin Cox
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Professional catering service
- Entertainment: We Embrace Saturdays - Every Saturday - visit http://www.weembracesaturdays.com
- Special Events: Thrive’s design includes 3 defined areas; bar, lounge & dining room that mesh seamlessly & combine a unique blend of sleek contemporary style for hosting private events.
A word from Thrive
Thrive is an upscale casual restaurant where food, drink & lounge meet pleasing taste buds from around the world since 2007 with award winning dishes & specialty cocktails. Our salads, sandwiches, soups, sushi, steak, seafood & so much more are all prepared using the highest quality and freshest ingredients. Thrive is pleased to offer a stimulating wine list as well as a great selection of beer and sake. Join us for our After Work Mixer Monday – Friday from 5pm-7pm for $5 appetizers & specialty cocktails.Continued
Come see why Jezebel Magazine voted Thrive in their top 100 Atlanta Restaurants three consecutive years, and Restaurant and Bar Magazine voted Thrive in their top 100 venues.
Come see why Jezebel Magazine voted Thrive in their top 100 Atlanta Restaurants three consecutive years, and Restaurant and Bar Magazine voted Thrive in their top 100 venues.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Thrive reviews from OpenTable diners
77 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (31)good for groups (30)fit for foodies (30)romantic (29)vibrant bar scene (25)hot spot (20)neighborhood gem (15)great for lunch (12)late-night find (10)notable wine list (8)scenic view (6)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Not many optionsChicagoVisitorVIPDined on 11/18/2014I always hope that Thrive is going to deliver an experience that wows, but it never gets there. The best and worst thing going for Thrive is that there are not many options for a business lunch in the area. The lack of competition keeps the restaurant busy, but the lack of competition means that Thrive doesn't have to reach its potential. Normally, I rate Thrive Good but certainly not Very Good. The service is consistently sub-par but the food is pretty good. Unfortunately, they slipped a bit this time. The food, particularly the soup, was cold. The soup was a very creative idea, but it was a supposedly hot soup (on a cold day that was served tepid at best. Perhaps this is really a service issues, but I lowered my assessment of the food as a result. I will continue to go to Thrive because there are not many other options in the area and it is generally OK. However, what Thrive really needs is better competition i. Then, they would either "thrive" and reach their true potential or wither away,I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thrive in Atlanta by BarbBarbDined on 11/8/2014We visited this amazing restaurant on a Saturday evening. It was not crowded which was wonderful. Zach our waiter was very very personable & knowledgeable. We each had a glass of wine. The calamari was fantastic as an appetizer. I had the salmon & my daughter had a steak. Both were cooked to perfection & seasoned well. The sides of vegetables were also great. We shared a chocolate brownie type cake w/a scoop of homemade ice cream. What a way to end a perfect evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for sushi!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/4/2014Wonderful food. I really loved the sushi and so did the others who ordered it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YvonneDined on 11/1/2014This place has a great vibe and awesome decor. I typically go for salads and stepped outside the box. The southern fried chicken breast with collard greens and baked Mac and cheese was superb. My boyfriend had the steak served with delicious extra crispy parmesan fries. The server was attentive allowed us to sample several wines before ordering the Malbec and New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc. The manager also took time to chat with guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awsome nightjoyceMarieDined on 10/31/2014Took my partner here for dinner, date night for us and a new experience dining ar Thrive which we thought was great, from the drinks to the food an oh our waiter was awsome. I would recommend eating here an yes we will be back, reason being we didn't try the desert an from u saw it looked tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timedebzgoodfoodDined on 10/29/2014Extremely clean, nice décor, impeccable service. But most of all the food was "off the chain." (that means it was absolutely delicious)Special Features:
- Had a good timeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/25/2014Really enjoyed the atmosphere and the environment. The service was amazing and had no issue with it. Food was prepared nicely and hot when it hit the table. Two thumbs upSpecial Features:
- Awesome Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/24/2014I really enjoyed the DL Special Sushi, it was awesome although my husband had this meal it was so delicious that it became my meal. Overall , the place was great next time I'll have to go just for the sushi.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great food.FoodieDined on 10/23/2014There were 6 of us this evening and we all commented on how great the food was. Though happy hour, 4-7pm is available you can't purchase a drink from the bar and bring it to your table. It must be consumed before sitting down at your table. Drinks ordered at your table are full price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not for those who like serviceCnutDined on 10/23/2014Our food arrived 1 hour after we arrived, drinks were late to the table and poorly tended, and comped drinks did not arrive. All this even though the restaurant was not busy. The food was VERY good and the staff were polite and friendly.Special Features:
- Great! and FunOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/20/2014Really great experience and I am picky. Nice ambiance with a hip bar fir for dining alone or with groups. The sushi was excellent, service great, and the blood orange margarita was perfect. Fair prices too. Would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014We had a reservation, however it took a while to get services; 15 minutes to get drinks and another 30 for food. The food is really delicious though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, slow food prepTNBillyDined on 10/15/2014My wife and I ate here the night of the Paul McCartney concert at Philips Arena. You would expect a restaurant within a block of the arena to be slammed on a night like this and they were. It seemed like they only had 2 servers for a potentially busy night, which seemed to impact food order times. The food was good, but had we been any later to get to the restaurant I would have been concerned about getting to the concert on time.Special Features:
- FantasticGreatVIPDined on 10/9/2014Found this spot as it was across from my hotel. It was fantastic. Very inventive and creative... great wine list and the service was spot on. Not too stuffy... just right. Very cool ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good timeslodum45Dined on 10/3/2014I took my girl friends for a birthday celebration and we has a wonderful time. The waiter was wonderful and took care of all of our needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding lamb burgerCruzfoolVIPDined on 9/30/2014I eat lamb anywhere and everywhere I can, and the lunch lamb burger served at Thrive was outstanding!Special Features:
- Quiet place 2 blocks to Omni HotelCaliforniaJimDined on 9/29/2014Wonderful atmosphere, stunning service, excellent food. I had the trout Almondine. Perfectly prepared, Cikkege just the way I like it. Our waiter was attentive, despite waiting six other tables he was always there with coffee and tea refills and checking in to assure all our needs were met. I'll definitely eat here again. Won't be staying at the Omni (horrible hotelier, poor front desk service!) again but this restaurant is worth the ride from the Four Seasons!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So so food, terrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 9/26/2014I should have known better when I could easily get a reservation on a Friday night with 2 huge concerts going on downtown. I won't bore you with the details, but if there are only 3 tables total in the restaurant and it takes over 45 minutes for your appetizer to come out, something is wrong. Once we did get our food it was actually pretty good. Thrive suffers from all the restaurants located downtown, they potential is there but they just can't seem to compete on the level of all the other amazing options we have in Atlanta. The only time they see business is from conventions, and us poor saps that want to eat before a downtown event.
- Always SolidUrbaneOptimistVIPDined on 9/23/2014One of the better spots to dine down town. Good food and attentive staff. Excellent decor and ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceJaymaiDined on 9/18/2014The only reason it doesn't get 5 stars is because of the noise level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxing Spotkitty526Dined on 9/6/2014The decor is pleasant. The food taste great and the presentation of the food is pleasing. The wine list though small seems well thought out. The service while very attentive at times seems disconnected to the other workers; hence double order of wine being brought to the table by different people (did not get to drink it). The coupon restriction on ordering food and the calculation of that coupon (Groupon). The calculation made it so the coupon was not worth the price.Special Features:
- FoodklbarnettDined on 9/6/2014I always enjoy my dining experience at Thrive. The only mishap was that they changed the way that they prepare the cedar planked salmon. I requested a change in dishes and they were very apologetic and prepared something else I chose from the menu. They are always polite and professional. I will dine there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- And then were none...OptickerDined on 9/5/2014We have dined at Thrive for many years. Early on, the clear clam chowder and crab cakes on arugula were standout dishes. Later, a seared tuna on a bed of forbidden rice was added to the menu. This dish was especially good because sushi-quality tuna used. These dishes kept us coming back on a regular basis whenever we went to the Theatrical Outfit downtown. First crab cakes disappeared, then the chowder was no longer on the menu. Now, alas, the tuna is gone too. This time we "settled" for some salmon and scallops entrees, which were fine, but these dishes can be found on most restaurant menus. It's sad to see these unique dishes disappear from the menu at Thrive. We'll be checking the menu online, but it's doubtful we will return soon.
- Great PlaceTheeatingfoolDined on 8/30/2014We love the location and the food. The staff is always great. The owner walks around asking if everything is good. The water glass is always kept full.Special Features:
- Amazing!castingshade2Dined on 8/26/2014It was a dinner treat from a friend! It was amazing... from the sushi appetizer (dragon) to the entrees to the dessert (peach tart). They had drink specials for $5 that was also amazing.Special Features:
- Downhill fastJonnyAceDined on 8/22/2014Loved it six months ago, but a much different experience tonight. An empty restaurant, but still an hour wait for an entree, including ten minutes watching food sit on the kitchen counter. Good food, but not worth the abuse.
- great sushiGoBlueVIPDined on 8/21/2014good menu and good food in downtown area. was under some renovations but not a problem everything was goodSpecial Features:
- Great Food Decor and AmbianceATLFOODIEDined on 8/16/2014I enjoyed EVERYTHING and will absolutely be going back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SugeDined on 8/16/2014The ambience and general decor was pleasing and elegant. The food was well above average, especially the calamari. It was an experience worth the drive into townSpecial Features:
- Outstanding dinerMyasDined on 8/15/2014First time I was there and we loved it. We were still thinking about the food next evening. Some tables are nicer located than others but other than that it was deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebration/date nightgoodeats99Dined on 8/15/2014The ambiance was very nice, and was perfect for the occasion. Due to it being Downtown restaurant week the menu options were very few. There were 2 different packaged type options to choose from, one was $25 per person and the other was $35 per person. These deals included one glass of wine, appetizer, entree, and dessert. We were overall very pleased with the food, the only complaint was that my husband's medium rare steak was very tough, and rubbery. The calamari appetizer was delicious, and the peach cobbler tart was amazing. The glasses of wine are expensive, and they don't fill your glasses up very much...so we ended up passing on a second glass of wine and going somewhere else for drinks after dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice FindHologramDined on 8/15/2014Thrive is located just a few blocks South of Centennial Olympic Park and the CNN Center, an easy walk from MARTA. I met up with a couple friends of mine there during Downtown Atlanta Restaurant Week. The menu available for the promotional week offered a fair amount of selection with both a $25 dinner as well as a $35 one. I ordered the Kale salad, crispy skinned Trout, and the peach tart with homemade ice cream. The food was done well. I even ate the skin on the trout, though I normally do not. One of my friends ordered the strip steak and thought it was a little chewy, though my other friend got the Salmon and said it was superb. All in all the experience was great. I look forward to visiting again to try out their non-promotional menu.Special Features:
- Food was greatjudi4410Dined on 8/15/2014Will go again. The watermelon appetizer and calamri were great. So was the steak. The mixed drinks were good, and one shot cames as 3 in one glass!!!Special Features:
- Overrated reviews - but not badMarkVIPDined on 8/13/2014Based on the reviews I had read, we were excited to try Thrive. Unfortunately, it didn't live up to the hype. The food wasn't bad, but there was nothing we had that was worth returning for. The space is dated (about 5 years ago it would have been hip and cool). The service seemed very unorganized - we weren't sure who our waiter was because everyone kept asking us the same questions.
- Chance encounter turned Great!fingourmetDined on 8/11/2014We visited Thrive because it was participating in the Atlanta Downtown Restaurant Week on a chance encounter & because it was across the street from our hotel. We were expecting something too avant-garde for our taste but were blown away with one the best meals we have had anywhere. The service was great, the martinis excellent and the food was spectacular! We had the Crispy Skinned Trout with assorted local squash, cherry tomatoes, Almond Butter Foam - the latter was incredible. We were blown away & will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant Week DinnercjxxVIPDined on 8/11/2014I came to Thrive during Downtown Restaurant Week for dinner. I was a little disappointed that the regular menu was not available during restaurant week (limited menu and sushi only). However, I still enjoyed a wonderful meal! The sushi is always fresh, and I have not had an entrée that I did not enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eat here then go to Phillips ArenaOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/8/2014This place is perfect for a wonderful eating experience that is close to popular venues like Phillips arena and the aquarium. The food and service were fantastic!Special Features:
- Happy Hour!NegotiatorDined on 8/8/2014Power meeting over snacks and drinks elevated the conversation and opened the minds to endless possibilities for the team. The great atmosphere greatly reduced typical conflict resolution when negotiating possibilities. Awesome night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum.ShmizDined on 8/2/2014My friends and I bought a great groupon for Thrive and did not regret it. The food was delicious, the best sushi I've had since I moved to Atlanta. The fusion dishes were great as well. All four of us ordered different entrees and everyone raved about them. The service was a little slow especially considering it wasn't all that busy. If your looking for a cool atmosphere for a special occasion (because its a little pricey) this is it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First, and not last time....JerseyboyinGADined on 7/31/2014Loved my first visit to this restaurant. I had a friend in town, staying at the Omni so I suggested Thrive. It was my first time, another friend joined us later. Food was amazing, the grits for the scallops and grits were the best I have had in a long time. I could have just eaten a bowl with that and the bacon bits. Drink I ordered was just the right mix of ingredients and the staff was attentive to what needed to be done and when. I will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 583 reviews are from the Thrive reviews archive.