Three Tomatoes Grille
3050 Illinois Street
Golden, CO 80401Neighborhood:
Comfort FoodPrice: $30 and under
Three Tomatoes Grille
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.threetomatoessteakhouse.com/
- Phone: (303) 277-8755
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Saturday: 8:30am - 2:00pm
Sunday Brunch: 8:00am - 2:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Edward Puc
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: http://threetomatoessteakhouse.com/events.html
- Private Party Facilities: Casual business luncheons, large family celebrations, weddings, corporate meetings and formal banquets
- Private Party Contact: Janet Lowry 3032778756x
- Entertainment: Wednesday Nights from 4:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. DeeJay Desire spins smooth classics
Live Music Friday Evenings
- Special Events: http://threetomatoessteakhouse.com/events.html
A word from Three Tomatoes Grille
Nestled against the foothills of Colorado’s Rocky Mountains, Three Tomatoes Grille tantalizes your senses with great food, fine wines and stunning views. Less than a minute off the beaten track, you'll find a wide array of delectable meals expertly served up in a casual atmosphere--Certified Angus Beef®, the freshest meats and seafood we can find, and the most select seasonal fruits and vegetables, accompanied by dramatic views of the hills and valleys where dinosaurs once roamed. Located only 15 minutes from downtown Denver in Golden, we're the metro area's best-kept secret!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Three Tomatoes Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (8)great for outdoor dining (7)neighborhood gem (5)great for lunch (4)special occasion (4)good for groups (3)great for brunch (2)romantic (2)fit for foodies (1)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- anonDined on 11/14/2014A return visit for us, and pretty much of a disappointment. Gone were the white tablecloths, the lower lighting, the pleasant music and more than one server. The food was excellent and there were interesting choices. What used to be a dining room has become just an extension of the "19th hole". Our server was great, but a little too friendly. There was only one other table of 4, and before long we were the only (4) people there. The music was more bar room type, not dining room quality. The potential for Three Tomatoes is huge and I like going there, but they need to make it more of a "class act" to get me back there.
- bristleconeDined on 9/10/2014It was a quiet night at Three Tomatoes. We enjoyed a leisurely dinner to celebrate a special occasion. The thing we most like about Three tomatoes is that there is not much background noise, so you can carry on a conversation hearing what others say and no one has to raise his voice. The menu is limited, but the fare is good.Special Features:
- Very good experience, great scenerygoodeatsandtreatsDined on 8/31/2014Nice brunch menu, good food and value, great views. Provides a scenic overlook one wouldn't expect so close to GoldenSpecial Features:
- Peaceful Easy FeelingJimnPatDined on 8/11/2014We went to this restaurant because we had a gift certificate. It had been a long, sad day for us, having lost a pet to illness. We needed somewhere to relax, to have a good cry and be pampered. We could not have found a better place. The patio view of Golden, complimented with two excellent cocktails, calmed our rattled nerves. The server wrestled (literally) an umbrella to shade us from a hot evening sun. The steaks were perfect. We would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous view; excellent foodHortonDined on 8/8/2014A very enjoyable evening overlooking a beautiful golf course and the City of Golden. Unlike most golf restaurants, this one has an excellent menu and food. It could easily be a stand alone restaurant with an incomparable view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 29 reviews are from the Three Tomatoes Grille reviews archive.
- 4th Time is a charm!usuallygoodVIPDined on 7/22/2014I have been here three prior times and they have all been good experiences, but this last time was the best. The 12 oz. NY Steaks were cooked to perfection for both my wife and I and the Tiramisu for dessert was a perfect ending. Great taste and consistency and the view of the Golf Course is outstanding.Special Features:
- Top food and serviceTastyTalesDined on 7/12/2014Our steaks were delivered at the precise temperatures we asked and were incredibly tasty. Our server Steven is top-notch. I had brought a friend for her birthday, her fiance and mom, and was grateful for the friendly, attentive and refined care we received. The desserts are amazing -- the strudel had crispy whisper-thin pastry and the fresh apples really sing with just the right amount of sugar. The favorite at our table was the Tiramisu. The views are magnificent, but oddly the inside of the dining room feels a bit vacant, like it's waiting for a decorator to warm it up. Sound is also a problem that drapes would help immensely: the wedding guests in the bar weren't rowdy, but their chat filled the dining room and competed at our table.Special Features:
- Not for that priceSeanDined on 7/5/2014I went to Three Tomatoes because I had a groupon. With the groupon it wasn't a bad price, but for a $30+ steak, it was not very good. The steak I got was probably only worth $15.Special Features:
- Great steaks!AlexDined on 6/21/2014Fantastic steaks - try the ancho-coffee rubbed ribeye or the NY steak.Special Features:
- Great view of Golden from the deck!catshadowVIPDined on 6/10/2014The lunch menu offered at Three Tomatoes is fair but not great. I have eaten there before, and it seemed like the menu had changed. And, the prices seemed a bit high for what you got. The view was beautiful and service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfortable DiningLizzyDined on 6/7/2014We love the location and the view of the golf course is beautiful. The food I would describe as comfort foods, tasty and satisfying. but the outstanding quality is the friendliness of the staff which made if pleasant to dine at Three Tomatoes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst restaurant steakOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/3/2014It took almost an hour to have our meal served. My steak was overcooked. It was one of the worst restaurant steaks I've ever had and DEFINITELY was not worth $32. Very disappointing.
- Great Views, Good FoodDeliciousDined on 6/2/2014Monday evening - quiet dining room, busy bar. We had burgers and fries. Good, but not great. They only serve Coors brand beers, so if you like a great beer - order water (lemon, no ice.). My friend had the lamb burger. He said he had a better one in NYC. View of golf course and mountains was beautiful.Special Features:
- Good food, service, ambianceEdWhDined on 5/31/2014This restaurant is part of the Fossil Trace golf course in Golden, and is off any main strip. When we were there on a Saturday evening, it wasn't crowded--my guess is because of its location. The restaurant has large windows facing northwest which have outstanding views of the mountains. This steakhouse also serves some seafood items. Four of us went, and all of us enjoyed our appetizers, meals, and desserts. The service was great.Special Features:
- Amazing view!bikergirlDined on 5/24/2014This was our first time to 3 Tomatoes. I had heard good things about it and they were valid. I am not a big steak eater so I was really happy with the salad and halibut dinner I chose. I loved that they have happy hour until 6 and the glass of wine is a good size for a very reasonable price. That is very important to me. The view from the dining room and patio is amazing. We hoped to sit outdoors but the weather would not permit. Still, the view from inside was spectacular. The one thing that disappointed me is that there is no bread served before or during the meal and it was not available. To me that is a must. One of our party specifically asked for bread even though they don't serve it and they did accommodate her.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWFUL!ScottDined on 5/10/2014Do not waste your hard earned money to eat here! This "restaurant" is actually a small room off of the bar with no ambience or character. Service was AWFUL, it took over 2 hours for our dinner, and other diners arrived after us and left before we did! Our waiter seemed clueless and unaware, it is obvious that there is no management of this restaurant, no oversight to make sure food was coming out of the kitchen on time, and nobody to check on how things were going for the diners. Also, there was a large, loud wedding going on in the banquet room and the noise and music was distracting while we were trying to enjoy the marginal food. Despite a Groupon "deal" for $47 for appetizer, 2 entrees and dessert, we still spent over $75 for dinner
- Beautiful placeGrouponEatersDined on 5/3/2014We started with the crab cakes, which were incredible. I had the lamb, which was easily the best I've ever had. My husband had the salmon, which was good, but not necessarily noteworthy. We ended with the apple tart. Wonderful food. Wonderful view. Our server was attentive when he could find time for us, they over-sat him with too many tables at the same time. The only two draw-backs were the server kept forgetting what I was drinking (Pepsi, not diet), and they apparently allow smoking on the outside deck because it was coming our way on a breeze. We had a groupon, and with the regular prices being high, it's not some place we'll go on a regular basis. But when I'm needing some tasty lamb, I may need to head back.Special Features:
- Used to be good, but its over now!SStoneVIPDined on 5/3/2014We went for breakfast, which was good once upon a time. A simple order of eggs over medium was botched. The quesadilla was gross looking - the use of a tomato flavored tortilla made the dish look like spam pie...gross. This is the second breakfast we've had recently that was less than good. On that visit, the omelet was leaden and greasy. I don't know if they should stop serving breakfast or get a new cook. Hopefully, the latter. The abbreviated menu is understandable as there were only a few diners. But when you only have six or seven offerings, there's no excuse for each one not being excellent! This is not the Three Tomatoes we loved!Special Features:
- dinner with a viewTiffDined on 5/2/2014We came here for the first time after purchasing a Groupon.The weather was perfect so we took advantage of the beautiful outdoor patio and ate overlooking the golf course. The restaurant was definitely short staffed, so getting food and drinks took longer than expected. Overall, ridiculously good food in a beautiful settingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- City of Golden DiningjadwelDined on 5/1/2014Great to have a great fine dining and casual restaurant on the west side. Beautiful views of Golden. Great food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service almost spoiled the evening.NancyDined on 4/25/2014Seated quickly, then waited over 10 minutes for someone to acknowledge us. Had to flag someone down for water. Then waited again for our waitress. Very sweet person, but very unattentive. After another long wait, appetizers arrived right AFTER salads. Since we were sharing apps, it was very awkward - no place for all the plates. Entrees then came out before salads were finished. Despite bread plates at each place setting, no bread offered until we asked and left to feel we were asking for something extraordinary. Asked for wine to go with the entrees, but almost finished entrees before the wine came. Another long wait to order dessert. Waitress left before we could ask for coffee. In between all the waits, waitress was nowhere to be seen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New employeesgenoaflashVIPDined on 4/21/2014We dine here a few times a month and always enjoy our experience. Today we had lunch and they had a new waiter - he was rude and us plus several other tables had to go find him for further service after he served the meal. One of the people at our table asked him what his problem was & he kicked the incoming door to the kitchen so hard I was sure it would come off its hinges. We have decided to give it one more try and if things continue on this path we will be going somewhere else to dine.Special Features:
- Wonderful food and great viewsCindiDined on 4/19/2014We visited Three Tomatoes with a Groupon coupon. The views are spectacular and the setting lovely, but the food is also excellent. We ordered rack of lamb and it was fantastic. Friendly and attentive service as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great views and the food isn't badPolinaLinaDined on 4/19/2014We used a Groupon for a 3 meal course here. Considering this a country club, it didn't feel stuffy, although a little dated. There are great views of the golf course and the mountains, so if you were to come in the summer, definitely sit on the veranda. The food was pretty good. My husband and I big foodies and have been to some of the best restaurants in the US, so we're a bit picky. The steak was very well cooked! Would I go here again if I didn't have a Groupon? Probably not. But did I enjoy it? Oh yeah.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/17/2014We live in the neighborhood/Golden but had not been there for dinner before. We were very pleased with our food, service and the company of two friends. The cost is on the high side, but we shared our rib eye steak and it was plenty, and perfectly done. We were pleased overall and will return again for sure. DonnaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A place that caresOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/12/2014Last Saturday we had a wonderful dinner at Three Tomatoes Steakhouse. it was a beautiful day and the view was wonderful. The crab cake appetizer was almost all crab with great flavor and the steaks were large. Service was caring but not hovering.Special Features:
- Very enjoyable lunch experiencecatshadowVIPDined on 3/25/2014I have eaten at Three Tomatoes numerous times. The wait staff was very nice and our special requests on food for lunch were met very nicely. We had a very enjoyable lunch and the table by the window was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a Surprise GemBNANDSDined on 3/14/2014Follow your GPS until you see the signs, directing you to the parking lot of the Fossil Trace clubhouse. We arrived on a quiet Friday evening, were promptly seated and served. The mushroom appetizer, salmon and lamb-chops were all well prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fossil TraceMarkDined on 3/7/2014Great Food! Great Service! Great View! Definitely will dine there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerrjroDined on 2/28/2014We have four (4) for Dinner for a friend. Service (Bri) was excellent. Her input/advice on the menu was perfect. Happy to have a place to have an excellent meal in Golden, West Metro Denver area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So soJamesDined on 2/21/2014The food was not prepared properly and the service was slow given the fact that there were only two tables occupied at the time we dined this is unacceptable.Special Features:
- Nice evening2fireeatersDined on 2/15/2014The setting was lovely for a romantic dinner for two, though a bit bright. Servers were very friendly and overall great. My husband had the steak which was a bit tough and more rare than medium rare; my salmon was great. I recommend the tasty crab cakes! I wouldn't recommend the apple dessert, it was pretty but the apples were thin and leathery.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet with nice viewLiquidIQDined on 2/12/2014We dined a little early at 6pm. Besides a group in a separate room, we were the only diners in the restaurant area until we were almost done, then one other couple was seated. The menu was a somewhat limited, with about 6 entrees. The view was nice and so was the staff. I had the filet and my wife had the ribeye. Both were cooked properly and tasted good. We had a Groupon deal so the cost was about half the $102 check price, with $23 of that being for 3 glasses of wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a golf clubLaceyVIPDined on 12/21/2013Had we realized that this was located at a golf club we would not have gone. It is a challenge to find and the menu is very limited. Having said that the butternut squash soup was great. The view was great but also overlooked a golf course.Special Features: