Three Degrees - Los Gatos
140 South Santa Cruz Avenue
Los Gatos, CA 95030Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
Three Degrees - Los Gatos
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tollhousehotel.com/
- Phone: 4088841054x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday – Saturday: Breakfast 6:30am – 11:00am, Dinner 5:00pm to 10:00pm, Sunday: Breakfast 6:30am – 11:00am, Dinner 3:00pm – 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Eduardo Macotto
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our Private Dining Rooms Can accommodate up to 85 guests for your next Business Meeting or Special Occasion.
- Private Party Contact: Jennifer Barbosa (408)884-1044x
- Entertainment: "$4-$6-$7" Social Hour offered daily 3:30pm-6:30pm. Live music on Thursday nights 6:30pm-9:30pm.
A word from Three Degrees - Los Gatos
Three Degrees, located in the beautiful town of Los Gatos, is a casual yet elegant contemporary restaurant, specializing in the best local California cuisine. Chef Albert Nguyen-Phuoc incorporates the finest in fresh ingredients into the majority of his dishes. The extensive wine list is locally focused and features a number of selections from top wineries in the surrounding areas. Attentiveness and recognition is at the core of the restaurant's service standards as the pleasant staff is there to meet your every need. Enjoy our new menus in addition to our new "$5-$6-$7" Social Hour offered daily 3pm-7pm. The outdoor heated patio is available year round to enjoy anything from a glass of wine to a full course meal. For special occasions we have a beautiful Private Dining Room that seats up to 40 people.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Three Degrees - Los Gatos reviews from OpenTable diners
8 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
late-night find (5)good for groups (4)special occasion (3)neighborhood gem (3)great for brunch (2)fit for foodies (2)great for outdoor dining (2)romantic (2)great for lunch (2)notable wine list (2)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Beautiful eveningFancyPantsDined on 8/15/2014It's perfect for a casual, romantic, peaceful night under the stars. The food was wonderful, great wine, and the service was top-notch! Highly recommended!!!Special Features:
- EleanoreVIPDined on 8/7/2014We visit this restaurant often. We find it to be a nice place to have dinner once in a wile. This visit was no exception.Special Features:
- Excellent and Creative FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/28/2014We came back for our wedding anniversary! We got married 7 years ago and Toll House Hotel was our host hotel. Thanks to Glenn and Sergio for being a great host and server. The chocolate covered strawberries and champagne toast to kick of the dinner were perfect, and surprised my wife. We ate the scallop risotto, lamb sliders, tuna tartar, and brussels sprouts! All so excellent and tasteful.Special Features:
- Solid, not outstandingbruleeguyDined on 5/10/2014As usual, we were about the only group in the dining room. The service was attentive and friendly. The food was solid--the Humboldt Fog appetizer was very good. The meatloaf and garlic mashed potatoes seemed to be the highlight. Veggie pasta was the usual we-have-to-have-a-veggie-entree quality--ok, but nothing special. The octopus and sea scallop small plate was good, but the Kobe beef burger didn't sit too well afterwards.
- The following 265 reviews are from the Three Degrees - Los Gatos reviews archive.
- DisappointingStevePDined on 2/23/2014I had not been to Three Degrees for some time, and the first thing I noticed was that them menu had changed. The change was a definite move down-scale. I ordered a steak and was quite disappointed. It was very tough and not much flavor. The waiter was professional enough, but had a somewhat unpleasant demeanor. I will not be going back to Three Degrees.
- Unfortunately my husbandsLuvLunchDined on 2/15/2014Unfortunately my husbands meal was not very good. Really enjoyed the flat bread however, their signature dish of short ribs was dry and disappointing. The manager was very quick to apologize and offer money back. We appreciated that level of attention. Since this is really not a restaurant separate from the bar/hotel the ambience is very casual.
- Great for partysamiraDined on 2/14/2014I had my husband's birthday party there. Great place, great staff. They gave us a private room for the party which was really surprised me. Everyone in the party enjoyed there. I will definitely go back for more parties.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worth visitingalisonDined on 2/8/2014The most remarkable aspects of the restaurant is the service and that the tables are not crammed together. when the bartender suggested a drink that we ended up not liking they made us a different drink with no cost to us. When a pasta dish came out missing one of the vegetables listed in the menu they brought out a new plate very quickly and apologized profusely. The waiter was friendly and attentive. I Ioved not feeling cramped and I like the tables next to us could hear our conversation, which is common in so many restaurants. The food was very good but, there were few options for someone who does not eat red meat; one chicken option abs one pork. I has the pork chop which was cooked perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Typical hotel restaurantjeastDined on 1/11/2014I chose to go to 3 Degrees because I liked the menu that was posted online. Imagine my surprise when I was handed a completely different menu (the menu changed 2 weeks prior--plenty of time to update their website). The food was mediocre at best. The server who has worked there for 16 years was NOT service oriented and not willing to make any accommodations for us (my guest doesn't like brussel sprouts but he wouldn't offer her another choice). The acoustics are terrible. The restaurant was only 1/4 full and it sounded like we were in a crowded stadium. I will never dine there again, nor will I recommend 3 degrees to anyone.
- The décor is upscale and enjoyable.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/19/2013The décor is upscale and enjoyable. Parking is available in the back. The service is great. I took a bottle of wine to share with my dinner guests. While waiting for all the dinner guests to show up we had a drink at the bar. The bartender was very friendly and shared some of drink mix secrets. The waiter took the bottle of wine I brought and set it on our table while waiting. The staff was very nice and the food was great and reasonably priced. I highly recommend this as an outstanding dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is our second visit toEleanoreVIPDined on 12/18/2013This is our second visit to Three Degrees. We enjoy the place. Hector , our waiter , was excellent and the food was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hotel DiningMondyVIPDined on 12/9/2013I was pleased with the food and wine during my recent visit. The service was exceptional too. This hotel has seminars and conventions so the crowd can be load at times. This is a very open space and generally it is not a problem. I think I got a very good value here.Special Features:
- Corkage Fee outrageousChrisDined on 12/7/2013Food was fabulous. We brought a special bottle of wine. Were charged 25.00 corkage without knowing ahead of time.Special Features:
- Friday night satisfactionFeedMeVIPDined on 11/22/2013There were four of us for dinner. We sat down at 7:30 pm and live music started soon after that. The piano player and female singer were very good! Service was very good. We all enjoyed our dinner while listening to the music. The Portobello Napoleon dish that I had was creative and delicious. We look forward to coming back.Special Features:
- Great Service!RonolaDined on 11/20/2013The food and service was just outstanding. I hosted a business dinner with about 8 in attendance. The service was great from our Server named Hector. He was very attentive and personable. In addition, the food was just awesome and reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favoritesMisha888Dined on 11/11/2013Even though it is a bit of a drive for us, we enjoy special nights out and occasions at Three Degrees. It is my daughter's go-to place when she takes friends out to celebrate. Many varied selections on the menu all well-prepared and delicious. Service was attentive, polite, and friendly.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceMondyVIPDined on 11/6/2013I was not sure about a large restaurant in a hotel but this was a grat choice for us. The food exceeded our expectaions and the service was perfect. The space is very large and uncluttered which seems unfriendly at first glance but once you are seated it is very comforting and private. The food was fresh very nicley cooked and the portions were generous. Would like more wine choices but we found a good choice among their offerings. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- There was no one to seat us...MM2000VIPDined on 9/20/2013There was no one to seat us... that would help create the perfect ambiance too!! It should be feeling a little more upscale with someone to seat you even if the restaurabt is not very busy. Service was a bit slow for a restsurabt not at full capacity. The singer and pianist were perfect on that night and the food was amazing but the wine list was not the greatest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- On this particular night wedavidwcDined on 9/6/2013On this particular night we were looking for some place that had some good music and good food. We scored on both points. We enjoyed both entrees and the piano, vocalist duo was wonderful. We were very happy with our experience.Special Features:
- Old and TiredOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/25/2013This resturant was very old and the food was poor quality and no one was there and it was a weekend morning. There website showed a much more vibrant looking environment. It was pretty disapointing.
- Good food, quiet spotHolyTacoDined on 7/14/2013Took my wife and mother out for dinner here on a Sunday night. It was very quiet, which I think is understandable for a hotel restaurant like this (most people tend to go on vacation FROM Los Gatos in the summer, not to it). The food was good. It wasn't especially daring--thought the tuna tartar appetizer with taro chips was a nice stretch--but the presentation was good and the ingredients seemed to be of high quality. The thing that makes this place stand out is the courtyard seating area. It seemed like the perfect place to go relax on a summer night for either light dining or drinks (and to be fair, there were some interesting cocktails on the menu).Special Features:
- Simply Deliciousg123Dined on 7/14/2013The brunch menu had many options to choose from. Their omelets were delicious, prepared as ordered.Special Features:
- Last minute choice - nice surprise!johngaltgirlDined on 6/28/2013And we loved every bite. I wouldn't characterized this location as "family" dining... no kids menu or high chairs. But if you have children who are food "adventurers" this would be a fun evening, and they were very accommodating. Service was impeccable. The food was some of the best I've had in years.... and we've sampled nearly every restaurant in Los Gatos this year. Somehow we glanced over this one until last week. Glad we tried it. This is where we will be bringing out of town family for a nice dinner out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Presentation and MenuRubyDined on 6/12/2013Presentation was excellent and the menu was very good. The food arrived to our table with everyone's entree together, which is nice! The wait staff was very courteous and the restaurant was nicely furnished for a hotel eatery.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Do not recommendOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/7/2013We had to leave even though we came to Three Degrees to celebrate my son's graduation from high school 6/7/13. The service was non-existent, waiting 20 minutes for a menu. Finally we were told it would take an hour for our food to arrive. We were on a limited time frame and had made our reservation weeks in advance. The wait staff were rude, non-caring and incompetent, telling us the 'reservations' had come in at the same time. We have never had this kind of treatment, with out-of-town guests, our son still wearing his grad robe, and all of us hungry. They had major problems that night, even though the place was not even full. They ruined our special evening. We didn't even get to eat anything but walked out completely at a loss for words.
- First time at Three Degrees.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/10/2013First time at Three Degrees. Food was good, I had the ribs and butter lettuce salad. Veggies with the main course were a bit sparse. Over all food was very good. Service was excellent, Miguel made sure we were taken care of. :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Three Degrees-Toll House HotelOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/2/2013Had a good, not great dinner at the Three Degrees restaurant when staying at the Toll House. Although the food was "good", I won't make a effort to hurry back unless I was staying at the hotel. It was convenient as I was meeting up with relatives and we had all flown in for a family memorial. We were staying at the hotel. The butter lettuce salad was really good, but the New York Steak was a touch tough. I ordered it because it was served with truffled mac and cheese which was good. Happily the veggie was fresh asparagus instead of the usual and nasty steamed broccoli every restaurant uses. We had breakfast in the restaurant each day as part of our B and B rate. It was good and the pancakes were very good. The staff was attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the few places in townLocalDinerVIPDined on 4/21/2013One of the few places in town where you can usually get in for Sunday breakfast.Special Features:
- We sat in what the host saidbyranVIPDined on 4/13/2013We sat in what the host said was a great table, but with the private party that did nothing but walk back and forth to the bar. They were loud and the staff did nothing to prevent the disruption. The dinner was good, and the service was ok.
- We wanted a restaurant thatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/8/2013We wanted a restaurant that had an extensive menu with lots of dietary options due to various food restrictions of us senior citizens. we also wanted a quiet ambience as opposed to modern, deafening restaurants. Everything was perfect, and our waiter was knowledgable and affable.Special Features:
- Quality food, great service,lesismoreDined on 4/6/2013Quality food, great service, excellent prices/value!Special Features:
- So-So experienceMaggieVIPDined on 1/29/2013This was my first time at Three Degrees and I would not go back. I went with a group of 6 for Social Hour where we had appetizers and drinks. They were sweet to bring the birthday girl a free dessert and candle but the rest of the appetizers were very mediocre. Maybe the full meals are better?Special Features:
- Wonderful service, excellentwhiterosesDined on 1/26/2013Wonderful service, excellent breakfast. Staff made our group of 6 plus baby feel welcome and appreciated--I think we've found our new favorite spot!Special Features:
- We used Thre Degrees for aOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/10/2013We used Thre Degrees for a family meal, with ages ranging from 1 year old to 70+. Good environment for kids as it is not very formal or quiet, good food for older people as it is quite traditional. Service was good. It was my first time in the restaurant, so it was a suprise to me that it is just the hotel bar area. There is not a seperate restaurant. This was OK for us as it suited having young kids at the table better, but if you want a romantic meal or a more formal meal it would be a problem. Recommended though for kids, large parties, lunch, brunch etc.....Special Features:
- the photos made the placeOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 12/28/2012the photos made the place look really nice -- it wasn't.
- We chose this restaurant afterOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/24/2012We chose this restaurant after finding out that The Wine Cellar was closed for Christams Eve. Maybe we were expecting too much. You know, things like table cloths and clean silverware. Our service was so bad we actually found ourselves laughing and comiserating with other tables! We thought our being ignored and not able to order drinks (or even receive bread) for twenty minutes was the worst until we noticed that the table next to ours was completely ignored and didn't get to order for forty-five minutes (but then again they at least got an apology). Can not possibly recommend.
- We had a perfectly good meal,JVLGVIPDined on 11/22/2012We had a perfectly good meal, but it was nothing special. A good place to come at the last minute.
- We had a good timeSandyCampbellDined on 11/22/2012Three of us went for Thanksgiving dinner. We all agreed the food was very good. We were able to carry on a conversation and hear each other easily. This was important to us, and a big reason why we choose a restaurant for a social outing. Two of us had the turkey dinner. The sauce and seasonings were a bit unusual and worked very well. The other person had the salmon and said it was cooked just right. Cooked through and yet still moist. The only reason for not giving the place five stars was that initially service was very slow. It took a long time before the salads were brought, and one person's coffee got cold waiting for the cream to be brought. After that initial slowness, the waiter was very attentive. We plan to go back.
- Excellent dinner at a lovely spotOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/19/2012Excellent dinner, with interesting choices on the menu. Food was delicious and very reasonable. We arrived early and happy hour prices made it even better. Loved the sangria special, too. Service was great At six, we were the only diners in the restaurant. It's too bad that people have not found it yet--the food is really excellentSpecial Features:
- Its a Hotel Restaurant & BarShockVIPDined on 11/16/2012For what it is, its pretty good. Definitely caters to the hotel crowd, not a lot of hipsters or young people in general are going to find this place, which is too bad since the food is quite good, if fairly pedestrian. The wine & cocktails did not wow us. My spouse's cocktail was interesting looking, but "she's had better". The wines are all local almost exclusively Santa Cruz Mtns and mostly Santa Clara Valley winemakers. I like these options, but they are more hit-or-miss. My sparkling wine was a miss, all on the winemaker; but I would have hoped the server might steer me away from that. Try Three Degrees for a drink by the fire pits outdoors on a nice summer evening.Special Features: