Three Ravens Restaurant & Wine Bar
107 Tunnel Mountain Drive
Top Floor, Sally Borden Building
Banff, AB T1L 1H5Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Three Ravens Restaurant & Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.banffcentre.ca/dining/threeravens.asp
- Phone: 403-762-6300x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Northwest, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Beat Hegnauer
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining may be arranged, and custom menus can be developed. Please call to confirm.
- Private Party Contact: Michael Langlois 403-762-6303x
A word from Three Ravens Restaurant & Wine Bar
Our à la carte restaurant is an inspiring dimension in dining. Fresh. Seasonal. Creative. These are the signatures you'll find in every dish. The restaurant has one of the finest views of any dining facility in the Bow Valley. Within a few steps of all meeting spaces and accommodation at the Centre, the Three Ravens offers a convenient and creative venue for your evening dining experience. Enjoy divine dining in support of the arts! Net proceeds from The Banff Centre's food and beverage sales help fund our arts programs and scholarships.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Three Ravens Restaurant & Wine Bar - Best Restaurants in Banff ›
Three Ravens Restaurant & Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
35 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (33)fit for foodies (23)special occasion (21)romantic (16)good for groups (6)neighborhood gem (6)notable wine list (6)great for lunch (2)hot spot (2)late-night find (2)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/4/2014We're glad we found this restaurant on Open Table! They can't advertise since they are a part of the nonprofit Banff Centre, so we wouldn't have heard about it otherwise. Food was excellent. Salad was large enough to share and delicious with locally grown greens. We had ahi tuna and steelhead (looks like salmon but is indeed a trout!) as our entrees and both were very well prepared, especially the tuna. We went with the suggested wine pairing of a Canadian white and were not disappointed. Service was friendly and attentive; beautiful view from the dining room. Try it!Special Features:
- YUMYUMjackmanDined on 9/1/2014From the flavored butters to the freshest of salads to the tastiest of entrees, a most memorable dining experience.Special Features:
- hidden gemOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2014really glad we found this gem - a little away from the main part of Banff, but worth it for the views. Food is awesome - one of the best meals we had during our week in Banff. Even our kids loved the food. As others have mentioned - it is a bit strange with a cafeteria right over the wall, and I assume could be quite noisy on nights when that side is busy, but the night we went it was empty and everything was great. Service was really good - attentive, but not over bearing. They aren't allowed to advertise as they receive Government funding for the Banff centre, so hopefully remains quiet and hidden. We went on arguably the busiest night in Banff and it was only about 50% full. Will be back next time in Banff for sure.Special Features:
- Excellent FoodPapparazDined on 8/31/2014It is not easy to find but it is worth the expedition through the campus area. Food and service was excellent. There is a nice view from almost any seat with the large windows. The cost is good value. We started the meal by enjoying a tasting of 4 different house-made butters on fresh bread. We had the bison tenderloin entrée with Malbec wine. The tapas desert is a great idea and also very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and amazing viewOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/30/2014The food options were excellent. The server was extremely helpful and all our needs were more than met. The view from the restaurant is something special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food with a viewGerryDined on 8/23/2014We were unavoidably late for our reservation, but the staff treated us perfectly and made us welcome immediately. The restaurant recommends two hours for a full meal, and suggested we stick to mains as we had a performance deadline. Our server made great recommendations (including that I have two starters). She even talked knowledgeably about the performance we were going to attend. The bread and various butters were delicious and we tucked in enjoying the amazing view while we waited for our food. The dishes were perfectly prepared, and very much enjoyed. We left full and with enough time to reach the theatre; more food would have made us late. We will definitely return - and this time try not to be late so we can enjoy a full meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JamsDined on 8/22/2014Outstanding food and service, and with excellent presentation. View is incredible. Ambience is good but not outstanding, and simply because of more of a college feel with the neighboring dining centre - but this would not deter me from returning whatsoever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/21/2014This place was great. My fiancée and I went for our anniversary and we were both blown away with the food and service. They actually let us choose the table rather then stick you with one you didn't really want. We mentioned the occasion when we sat down, and they made a special desert plate for us. The food was equally as great. The meat was soft and tender, and the entire dish was fantastic. I will recommend this place and I will eat here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A night to rememberhal52VIPDined on 8/12/2014Three Ravens is hard to find but worth the effort. The view of the mountains is incredible with all the glass that surrounds you. The food was a gourmet delight with attentive and creative service. This is THE special occasion place. We were there for our thirtieth anniversary and did not regret our choice for this special night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gem!roger313131VIPDined on 8/11/2014Innovative, sustainable menu, service by enthusiastic and friendly staff. Beautiful views in a charming and quirky location. Not for the budget-minded, but high quality is worth paying for. In a tourist town with few worthwhile fine dining options, Three Ravens is a real gem. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2014Breathtaking views, wonderful staff and food beautifully prepared, what more can I say.Special Features:
- Food and staff are greatTastersChoiceDined on 7/9/2014The restaurant is difficult to find if you don't know the area. Parking is limited so allow extra time. The host who greeted us was warm and personable. Same for our waiter who bent over backwards to accommodate us. The food is fresh, innovative and beautifully presented. Congratulations to he chef! There was a large group next to us which put a damper on the "romantic" mood the restaurant and views offer. They were very loud and because the dining area is large and vacuous the sound carries terribly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food - odd environmentwheatieclerDined on 6/30/2014We found Three Ravens on Open Table & thought it sounded good. It was-the food was wonderful & the view of the mountains around Banff at sunset couldn't be beat. We didn't expect to access the restaurant by walking through a dorm, or look down the skylight & see the recreation center, or have the cafeteria to a conference center on the other side of the wall. It didn't detract but be forewarned! Weirdest of all: my husband ordered Seared Steelhead Trout Filet with ancient grain pilaf, & loved it...but if it was trout we'll both eat our hats. It looked, smelled & tasted like salmon. When asked, the waitress said "trout looks like salmon." Really? We thought the chef made a substitution. My sablefish (a new fish to me) was spectacular.Special Features:
- Awesome experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/29/2014A great experience. Our server, Rob, was great - knowledgeable and friendly. Food was fantastic both in taste, presentation, and quantity of servings. Very reasonable cost for a top-notch fine dining experience. Look forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemPzinapodDined on 6/21/2014Very good food and excellent service. It's a shame more people do not know about itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Three RavensdeliciousnessDined on 6/13/2014Had Dinner with my husband which was amazing. I had the duck and my husband had the bison tenderloin, both were perfectly prepared. Yum! The view is amazing! The night we were there was really quiet as there was only one other table there. But I'm sure that if there's an event at the Banff Centre it would be really busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food.YummDined on 6/12/2014The food was extremely well balanced and flavourful! So delicious! We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Banff GemBanffgemDined on 6/7/2014Away from the rush and massive number of people on Banff Avenue this restaurant is wonderful! Incredible scenery, great service, smaller room and quiet. Definitely a restaurant to celebrate a special occasion as a couple or group of family and friends. Complete the evening with an event at the Banff Center! Perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousCaroDined on 6/4/2014We had an incredible meal and wonderful service at Three Ravens. The view was also pretty amazing. Next time we're in banff we'll be heading here again. Really amazing meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 211 reviews are from the Three Ravens Restaurant & Wine Bar reviews archive.
- Amazing as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/18/2014Although usually a bit quiet, this place has an incredible view, amazing wine, outstanding, delicious beautiful food!! Even for a special occasion, a bottle of wine, appetizers, dinner and dessert usually hits around $200, which is great value, considering all you get! One of my favourites, even though its few and far between!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food with a spectular vistaOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/19/2014Right from our arrival at the front door we were treated royally. The service, food, ambiance, and of course rhe mountain views were all we could hope for. Spectacular surroundings, delicious food, great wine choices and pairings along with a staff that couldn't do enough to make our evening perfect, that, and a lovely well appointed room at the Professional Development Banff Centre along with a great Holly Cole concert made for a perfect weekend.Special Features:
- FantasticHappyInBanffDined on 4/6/2014The food here was fantastic! 5 Star dining at it's best! The next time I'm in Banff I will be making a reservation at The 3 Ravens Restaurant for sure!Special Features:
- Fantastic Dining ExperienceArtsyDined on 4/4/2014I really enjoyed my experience at the Three Ravens Restaurant & Wine Bar. The view is breathtaking, the service impeccable, and the food is fresh and delicious. This place is a gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing last dinnerDeZettDined on 3/29/2014we had an amazing dinner at the three ravens. the only problem was, that there arrived a group of 7 people and they have been really loud. maybe more some guests for a pub. but the food was outstanding and the view amazing.Special Features:
- Great views!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/28/2014This is a great spot to look at the beautiful mountains, enjoy some amazing food and relax. It is quiet and the service is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful view and amazing food!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/16/2014We went here for a night out with friends for my boyfriends birthday. The service was excellent and the wine and food was amazing!! The view is spectacular! Highly recommend for groups or a romantic dinner for two. We will definitely be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's romanceSecondtierDined on 2/14/2014My partner and I enjoyed an incredibly romantic evening here on Valentine's Day. Managed to score a window seat, which looks out over Banff. Unfortunately, it was dark, so limited viewing, but still gave you a sense of space and wilderness. It was a prefix menu, which often means limited selections. Fortunately, that wasn't the case, as all options were exceptionally appealing to both of us and making a decision was difficult. Pacing was correct, service was attentive, and totally loved that it wasn't your normal noisy restaurant. Evening capped off with the spotting of a ten-point elk 10 feet away from us as we walked back to our car.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food...Cafeteria AmbiancePeteMossDined on 2/14/2014We couldn't stop talking about how amazing our appy / meal / dessert was. Perhaps the ambiance is better/different when you can take in the view but after dark, it just felt like a high end cafeteria.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A GemDadleeDined on 2/14/2014Didn't know about this place until I was scrambling for Valentine's Day. Boy, I'm glad I found it. Best place I've been to in years and the food was excellent! I will definitely be going back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing gem nestled in the moutainsFrancescaCarlaVIPDined on 2/11/2014I recently dined at Three Ravens Restaurant for my anniversary. It is a fantastic restaurant for a special occasion. Amazing food (plated beautifully) and probably the best view you can find in Banff for dining! I would definitely return and I recommend it to others travelling to Banff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing views, great food & serviceDabbyDooDined on 2/8/2014Book dinner so you catch the sun set over the 180 degree view of the Rocky Mountains. Portions aren't large, so you can enjoy a starter and still have room for dessert after your entrée. Our table of four all greatly enjoyed every starter we ordered, as well as the superb entrees. Dessert, a sampler of two or three choices, was a bit disappointing after everything else was so good. The napoleon was mostly whipped cream and the chocolate delice was not as described. The poached pear was nice. Great wine list, with most dishes having two or three recommended wines to accompany them. Service is attentive but not stifling. When you order three courses with wine it is expensive but the quality is excellent, so it's worth the occasional splurge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible view empty restaurantJimcrescentheightsVIPDined on 1/26/2014We were the only ones to dine at Three Ravens Sunday night. The service was attentive and excellent. The appetizers were of an amazing quality, which might have set us up for disappointment with the mains. The foie gras was amazing, but unfortunately the Buffalo and the Duck were quite tough, perhaps a bit overdone? But the view is fantastic and the ambience is incredible.Special Features:
- Secret TreasureyycdineguyDined on 1/25/2014Wow. Found this gem by accident. Food, service and plate presentation are outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular at all levels!blissjoyDined on 1/25/2014As always, this restaurant offers bliss for all the senses...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High quality food, but pricy.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/25/2014Our server was probably new and had some obvious first table jitters, but held himself well and was attentive, friendly and knowledgeable about the food with some good suggestions. The food was great. It was tasteful and well presented. The portions, however, were very small. I don't expect to walk away hungry from a $200+ dinner for two. The mushrooms that were part of the reason I chose my dish turned out to be a grand total of one mushroom. But again, that mushroom was very tasty. In their defence, my partner who is about half my size said she had a hard time finishing dessert. Between the quality of the food, the impressive wine list and the view of the setting sun this was a great place to start our evening out at the Banff Centre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service in an outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/18/2014Great service in an outstanding part of Alberta. Food was excellent as was the service. I would recommend this place prior to attending a show at the Banff Centre. Recommend taking a taxi as parking can be a bit difficult as suggested by hotel staff (though we did not try ourselves). Our reservations were at 8:00 pm and there were only 5 other tables occupied so made for a quaint and quiet dinner.Special Features:
- One of a KIndFoodieDined on 1/18/2014This restaurant has a view fit for any one who loved the mountains. I think it is a must for visitors. We brought our friends visiting from Houston and they loved it view, the open clean lines in the decor, and the food. I like this restaurant enough to put it on a wish list for a rehearsal dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemLattenutDined on 1/12/2014Tucked away on the top floor of the Sally Borden Buildiing at Banff Center this hidden gem delivers amazing views and food that is fit for the most discerning foodie. Not only are some greens raised in their own greenhouse but great care is has been taken to select the best wine, meat and produce possible. We also really enjoyed their tapas style dessert menu which offers the opportunity to try several small savory sweets instead of just one. Service is top notch and the only negative is the cafeteria next door. Occasionally noise bleeds over despite the great effort the restaurant has expended to isolate you in your own dining cocoon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent presentation of dishesRocstarDined on 1/7/2014The butternut squash soup and duck breast were both very delicious, rich in flavours, and presented really well. We went on a Tuesday evening and the restaurant was very quiet. Better to go during the day when you can enjoy the view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs more effort from staffOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013When we arrived we were seated promtly in their quiet dining room (great as it was new years yet we wanted a relaxing evening). It took ages for our server to come over to bring water and even longer to bring our drinks. I was afraid to even ask for a wine decanter as i thought our server would never come back. The menu could use a revamp as there we not even any appitizers we were interested in trying (maybe be more creative then a waldorf salad) and when our mains arrived my partners lamb was cold and mine was room temp. We would have informed our server but he did not come over once to check on us, let alone to fill our wine glasses. We left rather disappointed, but this type of thing seems to be tr norm for dining in banff lately.