Three Ravens Restaurant & Wine Bar
107 Tunnel Mountain Drive
Top Floor, Sally Borden Building
Banff, AB T1L 1H5Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Three Ravens Restaurant & Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.banffcentre.ca/dining/threeravens.asp
- Phone: (403) 762-6300
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Northwest, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Beat Hegnauer
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining may be arranged, and custom menus can be developed. Please call to confirm.
- Private Party Contact: Michael Langlois 403-762-6303x
A word from Three Ravens Restaurant & Wine Bar
Our à la carte restaurant is an inspiring dimension in dining. Fresh. Seasonal. Creative. These are the signatures you'll find in every dish. The restaurant has one of the finest views of any dining facility in the Bow Valley. Within a few steps of all meeting spaces and accommodation at the Centre, the Three Ravens offers a convenient and creative venue for your evening dining experience. Enjoy divine dining in support of the arts! Net proceeds from The Banff Centre's food and beverage sales help fund our arts programs and scholarships.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Three Ravens Restaurant & Wine Bar - Best Restaurants in Banff ›
Three Ravens Restaurant & Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
49 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (41)special occasion (35)fit for foodies (34)romantic (24)notable wine list (13)neighborhood gem (12)good for groups (9)hot spot (3)late-night find (3)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- So good we went back the next nightOpusOneDined on 11/16/2014With all the advertising for restaurants in Banff, (Three Ravens does not), there is a huge selection of places to eat. The food and service at Three Ravens is outstanding, so good we cancelled our Sunday night reservations at a certain famous hotel in Banff. Small restaurant, around 40 seats, so get online a make your reservations!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best dining experience in BanffOpusOneDined on 11/15/2014When in Banff, make your way up to the Banff Centre and enjoy the best dining experience in all of Banff. Excellent food, and the service is friendly, engaging, true hospitality professionals. Best view on the Banff corridor facing west. Tops, number 1, the best, great, fantastic.......just go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hungergames1Dined on 10/31/2014Wonderful views. Great food and presentation. Highly recommended. A real discovery for us on the campus of the Banff Centre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal everFoodieguy1Dined on 10/31/2014The food and service was on par, or even better, with some of the best restaurants I have ever visited. The quality of the food and presentation was extraordinary. Have already been bragging to friends about this "little known gem" in Banff.Special Features:
- 3 Ravens Banff CentreOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/28/2014One of the best tasting meals we have ever had. This is one of the best and most unusual views in the Banff area. And we live 77 miles away in Calgary. Parking is difficult. Leave lots of time to figure it all out. Sighage is really poor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014An exceptional dining experience nestled in the most beautiful scenery in the Canadian Rockies. Service and food are above and beyond with delightful extras. Food presentation was superb. The service was charming, comfortable and highly detailed oriented. I have tried a few dishes here and each one was outstanding and bursting with flavour and decadence. I will continue to dine here any chance I get!Special Features:
- Fantastic Fine DiningAnnaVeeDined on 10/18/2014Fantastic food, outstanding creative flavours and sauces. Love the dessert tapas, allowing us to sample a few different items, with perfectly-sized portions. Service great also - friendly and attentive, but not overbearing. Our only criticism, which is minor...wine list is a bit weak. Best meal we have had in a long time!Special Features:
- A special placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Wonderful food and very good service. Spectacular views.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!luvtheviewDined on 10/10/2014This was our first time to Three Ravens; without question this is a hidden gem worth finding! Take the time to go to The Banff Centre and find this incredible restaurant, and experience a beautiful evening. The food was perfect, interesting, and unique. The service and staff were beyond friendly and accommodating, and the view, well... unparalleled anywhere in the Bow Valley. Not only is there no other restaurant that can boast views like this (because of how the restaurant is situated), it's rare to get this kind of view from anywhere else in Banff; for a 20 year resident of the Bow Valley, this was my first time seeing the Valley from this perspective, and it was breathtaking!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/10/2014Good food, good service. We really enjoyed ourselves.Special Features:
- Wonderful eveningdanishdinerDined on 10/4/2014We dined with my sister and her husband, who are from Toronto and in Banff for a conference. This restaurant does not advertise and is in the Banff Centre. I am happy to advertise for it, as we had a wonderful meal. Each of us had a different entree and all of them were awesome. Our waiter was informative and attentive. We left thinking we were lucky to have tried this spot and will come back. We were also treated to seeing 3 couples get engaged the evening we were there, so there really is something extra special about Three Ravens!Special Features:
- hidden gemhappyholidayinDined on 9/26/2014Took a bit to find this restaurant but well worth it in the end. Great wine list featuring many okanagan wines. Food delicious and nicely presented. Service from the Australian waiters excellent. The price was fair for the quality/service received. Will likely go again next time in banff and will advice friends to go when in the area.Special Features:
- Fantastic ViewHolodnyVIPDined on 9/26/2014Great food, friendly service with fantastic Banff mountain view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Gem of BanffFoodEnvyVIPDined on 9/22/2014The best food in Banff. Incredible service and food to match.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/4/2014We're glad we found this restaurant on Open Table! They can't advertise since they are a part of the nonprofit Banff Centre, so we wouldn't have heard about it otherwise. Food was excellent. Salad was large enough to share and delicious with locally grown greens. We had ahi tuna and steelhead (looks like salmon but is indeed a trout!) as our entrees and both were very well prepared, especially the tuna. We went with the suggested wine pairing of a Canadian white and were not disappointed. Service was friendly and attentive; beautiful view from the dining room. Try it!Special Features:
- YUMYUMjackmanDined on 9/1/2014From the flavored butters to the freshest of salads to the tastiest of entrees, a most memorable dining experience.Special Features:
- hidden gemOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2014really glad we found this gem - a little away from the main part of Banff, but worth it for the views. Food is awesome - one of the best meals we had during our week in Banff. Even our kids loved the food. As others have mentioned - it is a bit strange with a cafeteria right over the wall, and I assume could be quite noisy on nights when that side is busy, but the night we went it was empty and everything was great. Service was really good - attentive, but not over bearing. They aren't allowed to advertise as they receive Government funding for the Banff centre, so hopefully remains quiet and hidden. We went on arguably the busiest night in Banff and it was only about 50% full. Will be back next time in Banff for sure.Special Features:
- Excellent FoodPapparazDined on 8/31/2014It is not easy to find but it is worth the expedition through the campus area. Food and service was excellent. There is a nice view from almost any seat with the large windows. The cost is good value. We started the meal by enjoying a tasting of 4 different house-made butters on fresh bread. We had the bison tenderloin entrée with Malbec wine. The tapas desert is a great idea and also very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and amazing viewOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/30/2014The food options were excellent. The server was extremely helpful and all our needs were more than met. The view from the restaurant is something special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food with a viewGerryDined on 8/23/2014We were unavoidably late for our reservation, but the staff treated us perfectly and made us welcome immediately. The restaurant recommends two hours for a full meal, and suggested we stick to mains as we had a performance deadline. Our server made great recommendations (including that I have two starters). She even talked knowledgeably about the performance we were going to attend. The bread and various butters were delicious and we tucked in enjoying the amazing view while we waited for our food. The dishes were perfectly prepared, and very much enjoyed. We left full and with enough time to reach the theatre; more food would have made us late. We will definitely return - and this time try not to be late so we can enjoy a full meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JamsDined on 8/22/2014Outstanding food and service, and with excellent presentation. View is incredible. Ambience is good but not outstanding, and simply because of more of a college feel with the neighboring dining centre - but this would not deter me from returning whatsoever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/21/2014This place was great. My fiancée and I went for our anniversary and we were both blown away with the food and service. They actually let us choose the table rather then stick you with one you didn't really want. We mentioned the occasion when we sat down, and they made a special desert plate for us. The food was equally as great. The meat was soft and tender, and the entire dish was fantastic. I will recommend this place and I will eat here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A night to rememberhal52VIPDined on 8/12/2014Three Ravens is hard to find but worth the effort. The view of the mountains is incredible with all the glass that surrounds you. The food was a gourmet delight with attentive and creative service. This is THE special occasion place. We were there for our thirtieth anniversary and did not regret our choice for this special night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gem!roger313131VIPDined on 8/11/2014Innovative, sustainable menu, service by enthusiastic and friendly staff. Beautiful views in a charming and quirky location. Not for the budget-minded, but high quality is worth paying for. In a tourist town with few worthwhile fine dining options, Three Ravens is a real gem. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2014Breathtaking views, wonderful staff and food beautifully prepared, what more can I say.Special Features:
- The following 219 reviews are from the Three Ravens Restaurant & Wine Bar reviews archive.
- Food and staff are greatTastersChoiceDined on 7/9/2014The restaurant is difficult to find if you don't know the area. Parking is limited so allow extra time. The host who greeted us was warm and personable. Same for our waiter who bent over backwards to accommodate us. The food is fresh, innovative and beautifully presented. Congratulations to he chef! There was a large group next to us which put a damper on the "romantic" mood the restaurant and views offer. They were very loud and because the dining area is large and vacuous the sound carries terribly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food - odd environmentwheatieclerDined on 6/30/2014We found Three Ravens on Open Table & thought it sounded good. It was-the food was wonderful & the view of the mountains around Banff at sunset couldn't be beat. We didn't expect to access the restaurant by walking through a dorm, or look down the skylight & see the recreation center, or have the cafeteria to a conference center on the other side of the wall. It didn't detract but be forewarned! Weirdest of all: my husband ordered Seared Steelhead Trout Filet with ancient grain pilaf, & loved it...but if it was trout we'll both eat our hats. It looked, smelled & tasted like salmon. When asked, the waitress said "trout looks like salmon." Really? We thought the chef made a substitution. My sablefish (a new fish to me) was spectacular.Special Features:
- Awesome experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/29/2014A great experience. Our server, Rob, was great - knowledgeable and friendly. Food was fantastic both in taste, presentation, and quantity of servings. Very reasonable cost for a top-notch fine dining experience. Look forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemPzinapodDined on 6/21/2014Very good food and excellent service. It's a shame more people do not know about itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Three RavensdeliciousnessDined on 6/13/2014Had Dinner with my husband which was amazing. I had the duck and my husband had the bison tenderloin, both were perfectly prepared. Yum! The view is amazing! The night we were there was really quiet as there was only one other table there. But I'm sure that if there's an event at the Banff Centre it would be really busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food.YummDined on 6/12/2014The food was extremely well balanced and flavourful! So delicious! We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Banff GemBanffgemDined on 6/7/2014Away from the rush and massive number of people on Banff Avenue this restaurant is wonderful! Incredible scenery, great service, smaller room and quiet. Definitely a restaurant to celebrate a special occasion as a couple or group of family and friends. Complete the evening with an event at the Banff Center! Perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousCaroDined on 6/4/2014We had an incredible meal and wonderful service at Three Ravens. The view was also pretty amazing. Next time we're in banff we'll be heading here again. Really amazing meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/18/2014Although usually a bit quiet, this place has an incredible view, amazing wine, outstanding, delicious beautiful food!! Even for a special occasion, a bottle of wine, appetizers, dinner and dessert usually hits around $200, which is great value, considering all you get! One of my favourites, even though its few and far between!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food with a spectular vistaOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/19/2014Right from our arrival at the front door we were treated royally. The service, food, ambiance, and of course rhe mountain views were all we could hope for. Spectacular surroundings, delicious food, great wine choices and pairings along with a staff that couldn't do enough to make our evening perfect, that, and a lovely well appointed room at the Professional Development Banff Centre along with a great Holly Cole concert made for a perfect weekend.Special Features:
- FantasticHappyInBanffDined on 4/6/2014The food here was fantastic! 5 Star dining at it's best! The next time I'm in Banff I will be making a reservation at The 3 Ravens Restaurant for sure!Special Features:
- Fantastic Dining ExperienceArtsyDined on 4/4/2014I really enjoyed my experience at the Three Ravens Restaurant & Wine Bar. The view is breathtaking, the service impeccable, and the food is fresh and delicious. This place is a gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing last dinnerDeZettDined on 3/29/2014we had an amazing dinner at the three ravens. the only problem was, that there arrived a group of 7 people and they have been really loud. maybe more some guests for a pub. but the food was outstanding and the view amazing.Special Features:
- Great views!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/28/2014This is a great spot to look at the beautiful mountains, enjoy some amazing food and relax. It is quiet and the service is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful view and amazing food!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/16/2014We went here for a night out with friends for my boyfriends birthday. The service was excellent and the wine and food was amazing!! The view is spectacular! Highly recommend for groups or a romantic dinner for two. We will definitely be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.